PetsPyjamas.com is the number 1 online pet lifestyle destination, conceived and launched by the founders of toptable.com; and also passionate pet owners. We are leading the exploding trend around pets as true family members and growth has been rapid since launch in 2012.
Our ambitious, innovative, lifestyle led approach has enabled us to build significant scale with a rapidly growing, quality audience and ‘fanbase’ - totally customer led - spanning e-commerce, where we now feature over 10,000 quality pet accessories as well as dog-friendly travel and pet -services booking – in fact everything a pet-owner needs around all lifestyle aspects of ‘pet life’.
Current Career Opportunities
Travel Sales Executive
Job Title: Travel Sales Executive
Duration: Full time and Permanent
Reporting to: Travel Team Leader
Location: Warehouse offices in Shoreditch, London EC2
At PetsPyjamas we recognise and celebrate the positivity and happiness that pets bring to us all.Launched by the founders of toptable.com and passionate pet owners, PetsPyjamas is leading the exploding trend around pets as true family members and its growth has been rapid since launch in 2012. Today we are the number 1 pet-lifestyle website with an accessories marketplace listing over 10,000 items and an award-winning dog-friendly travel booking division featuring over 2,000 bookable, dog-friendly hotels, cottages and B&Bs.
Since launch, the pet-friendly travel division has grown enormously - so much so, that we were awarded 'Customer Service Initiative of the Year' at the Retail Week Enterprise Awards 2014 for our unique Pet Concierge Service and we were finalist in the Retailer of the Year category at the BT Retail Week Tech & EComm Awards 2015.
We are now looking for a talented, flexible and hungry Travel Sales Executive who is eager to join our fast growing travel department and progress within the company. To succeed in this role, you need to be a sales driven person and a great communicator, who loves talking and listening to customers and providing solutions to their needs.
Role & Responsibilities:
● Managing a high volume of sales enquiries and ensuring they turn into bookings – closing the sale!
● Responding to inbound calls and emails requesting pet-friendly accommodation all around UK
● Making call-outs to existing and new customers
● Providing quotes to customers’ requested hotel/cottage/B&B as well as coming up with other options
● Liaising & co-ordinating bookings between hotels and customers
● Creating long lasting relationships with both customers and hotels
● Managing customer payment details
● Maintaining our consumer/hotel database system
● Sharing knowledge, findings, patterns and hotel info with the wider sales team
● Outstanding sales skills
● Definitely a pet lover and maybe even a pet owner
● Excited working towards targets and selling
● Enjoying upselling and providing solutions to customers
● Flexible to work during weekends
● Persistence and creative to make browsers into bookers
● Excellent communicator both written and verbal with tons of flair and persistence
● Generally confident, highly approachable and a team player
● Experience in sales and customer service a must (Emphasis on the word sales!)
● Well-organised and self-motivated
● Goal and results orientated
● Hungry to learn and be part of an exciting and fast-paced start-up environment
● A smile is your default with a very positive, ‘can-do’ attitude
The people we love and who love us:
● Have a hands-on approach and are fast learners who love thinking on their feet
● Are flexible in approach and always go the extra mile
● Thrive on independence but adore collaboration
● Have tons of energy, enthusiasm and a ‘can do’ attitude – we break down walls!
● Have real eye for detail
● Have an entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to think outside the box
● Have a smile and ‘yes’ as default
● Love our brand and what pets bring to the world!
What we have to offer:
● A truly exciting and fast moving environment where you have an opportunity to really make your mark - build on your previous experience as well as doing brand new things
● Opportunities to develop and grow and be coached/mentored by some of the best in the business
● Cool work space, great Shoreditch location
● Ambitious team with great spirit punching way above our weight
● Lots of team social including prosecco Fridays
● A chance to bring your pet to work or indulge your love of pets!
If you think you’ve got what it takes send a short email to firstname.lastname@example.org saying why you think you’d be great for this role together with your CV.
Please note: Thank you for your application which we will review with great interest. Due to the high volume of applications, we might not be able to respond personally to all of you. If you are successful, we will be in touch with you shortly.