Instagram star Tuna Melts My Heart’s owner Courtney Dasher reveals the highlights of their dog-friendly trip to the Old Swan & Minster Mill…
Have you ever been on a holiday that was so memorable, you just can’t wait to rebook? As an avid traveller who likes to explore new places around the globe with my four-legged friend Tuna in tow, it’s a rarity to find a pet-friendly property so uniquely exceptional that I’m already excitedly anticipating my next return! This was the case with mine and Tuna’s stay at the Old Swan & Minster Mill, located in the delightful English countryside known as the Cotswolds.
Thanks to PetsPyjamas, an incredibly efficient, pet-adoring travel site, they organised one of my most memorable holidays to date. They curated a terrific holiday for me and my dog Tuna, filled with the right amount of relaxation and adventure.
Since PetsPyjamas acts as a concierge service between the guest – both human and dog alike – and their 600+ pet-friendly properties, they are able to offer a brilliant insight into some of the most desirable destinations in the UK. Whether you’re looking for a sophisticated urban hotel, or a timeless country Inn, this site is your definitive guide to pet-welcoming places.
Perfectly described on the Old Swan & Minster Mill’s website, the Inn “captures the charm of bygone years, throw in a good measure of modern convenience, add to it the laid-back atmosphere of the gastro-pub inspired dining room and log-fired bar and you’ll feel like there’s no place like it.” And I couldn’t agree more!
Tuna and I travel quite extensively together, and never have we ever been to a more charming destination. What really drew me to this enchanting pet-friendly hotel was its rich history, dating back to almost 600 years! As an American (but admittedly an Anglophile,) who admires historical context, this quaint Inn and its surroundings couldn’t have been any more quintessentially English.
Moreover, the staff at the Inn were exceptionally friendly and welcoming! Anything we needed, they were prompt at accommodating it for us, especially when it came to Tuna. With that said, what really set them apart, in addition to their hospitality, was their love and passion for dogs. Not only did they adore Tuna, but I noticed that they treated every furry guest with the same excitement and affection.
That was an assuring indicator that our stay at The Old Swan and Minster Mill would be an unforgettable holiday – not only for me who appreciates an emphasis on animal hospitality – but also for my best buddy, Tuna. They exceeded my expectations and I’m looking forward to returning there in the near future.
Highlights of our paw-some adventure in the Cotswolds:
- Picked up at the neighbouring train station, Charlbury, by a personal chauffeur in a vintage car.
- Stayed in a beautifully restored suite at the Inn.
- Greeted with a personalised PetsPyjamas’ Pet Treat Box filled with goodies for Tuna.
- Given a private Etiquette and Training Course for Tuna.
- Met a new Maltese friend, Poppet, whose parents also booked their room through PetsPyjamas.
- Enjoyed a delicious dinner both evenings, in addition to two hearty breakfasts each morning.
- Treated to an incredible Swedish massage, while Tuna relaxed in our room.
- Driven to Oxford the following day to explore the historic University.
- Invited to a savoury lunch at the Cherwell Boathouse on the idyllic River Cherwell.
- Rode a vintage bicycle to a nearby ruins site with Tuna in tow.
- Walked around the grounds at the Inn and basked in the beauty of it.
- Sipped on a refreshing Pimms by the nearby River Windrush.
- Left completely satisfied and eager to return!