Want to make some yummy treats for your canine? These recipes are incredibly simple and are human friendly too (although maybe not quite to our taste)…
Great for summer picnics with your pooch
For the cake:
– 1 cup of grated carrot
– 1 egg
– 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
– 3 tablespoons of peanut butter
– 1 cup of self-raising flour
– 2 tablespoons of oats or oatmeal
- Mix the whole lot together, adjusting the consistency to what you’d expect when making a sponge cake.
- Simply add a little more oil if too dry or flour if too loose.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Cool when done, ready for the icing!
For the icing:
– Peanut butter
– Greek yoghurt
- Mix equal quantities of peanut butter and Greek yoghurt and smear over the cakes.
- Decorate with a few little doggie biscuits for an extra treat!
After our co-founder Karen finished baking the pupcakes, she sampled one herself with a lovely cup of tea – minus the doggie biscuit topping!
Super simple and great if you like savoury lollies
For the pupcicle:
– Cooked chicken breast
– 1 chicken stock cube
- Chop up some of the chicken breast and pop a little in the compartments of an ice cube tray.
- Mix the chicken stock cube together with some water.
- Then simply top up the tray with the mixture and freeze!
Take some pictures of your pet sampling these delicious homemade treats and share them with us over social! Don’t forget to use the hashtag #ppjrecipes