- Rye, EnglandA majestic, detached family home complete with an indoor heated swimming pool, The Orchard sits in an acre of land which includes a private paddock for outdoor pursuits. Sitting in a picturesque location in Northiam, adjacent to the last rolling meadow of East Sussex as it joins the Kent border, The Orchard is perfectly located for exploring the many treasures of Kent and East Sussex. There is a steam train just a few hundred yards away serving the Rother Valley with stops at Tenterden and Bodiam. Alternatively, Bodiam Castle can be visited by taking a gentle boat trip or, more traditionally, by car. The village features the Church of St Mary’s which dates back to 1090, and the Great Dixter Tudor House and Gardens are just 0.25 miles away. There are many places to explore including Hawkhurst, Sandhurst, Beckley and a little further afield are Hastings, Tenterden and Camber Sands.£788Price per night from
- Broughton-in-Furness, EnglandA beautiful adjoining barn conversion, Crimson Cottage exudes a romantic feel, with lovely furnishings, a large open-spaced living room with high beams and multi-fuel burner, a beautifully fitted kitchen, a pretty mezzanine double bedroom as well as a Jacuzzi bathroom, making this a perfect hideaway for couples.
The holiday property lies within the grounds of Wreaks End Farm, just 1 mile from the market town of Broughton-in-Furness, with its cobbled square, shops, pubs, café and restaurants. You are right on the doorstep of the Duddon Valley, which is a ‘jewel in the crown’ of Cumbria, situated between Coniston and Eskdale: remote, unspoilt and perhaps the most idyllic corner of the Lake District. The Duddon Valley will delight walkers, mountain bikers, climbers, nature lovers and those who enjoy the peace and beauty of the countryside. The tiny villages of Ulpha and Seathwaite are two focal points of the valley. At Ulpha there is a post office/village shop, while Seathwaite, situated near the end of the ancient Walna Scar road, boasts a 16th-century inn, where good home-cooked food, real ales and a warm welcome await, all day all year.
The property is the perfect base from which to explore this part of the Western Lakes, while Windermere, Bowness and many other attractions in the Lake District National Park are all within easy driving distance. Shop, pub and restaurant 1 mile.
This property can be booked with The Gallery (Ref 23376) and Stonecroft Cottage (Ref UK10075) to accommodate up to 9 guests.£91Price per night from
- Bacton, EnglandSamphire is perfect for summer holidays or winter escapes, for reunions and family gatherings. This delightful, three-storey, Victorian mid-terrace property has been completely renovated to provide spacious and stylish accommodation, an ideal choice at any time of year. There is a great, contemporary kitchen with breakfast area, and a spacious living/dining room which is great for entertaining. It has four bedrooms in total; three bedrooms on first floor comprising two kingsize rooms, one of which boasts en-suite facilities, and a twin room, together with the family bathroom. On the second floor is a bedroom designed with four single beds, a great space to ‘hang out’ with toys, books, DVDs and games, plus a Playstation 3 and a 43" Freeview TV.
The property is located in the coastal village of Bacton just 200 yards away from a sandy beach. Popular Bacton Wood is close by for walking, cycling, picnics and bird watching. Great family days out include the outdoor adventure park BeWILDerwood at Horning, Dinosaur Park at Lenwade, Pettits Animal Park at Reedham and Banham Zoo. Cromer and Sheringham are 12 miles away for traditional seaside attractions, or visit Wroxham, known as the ‘capital of the Broads’, 12 miles, where you can hire a day boat and explore the waterways. There is also a train station, model village, waterside restaurants, cafés and shops available.
For the gardener, a visit to the 32 acres of garden at the Old Vicarage Gardens at East Ruston is a must. Golfers will enjoy Mundesley and the Royal Cromer golf course. National Trust properties nearby include Blickling Hall, Felbrigg Hall, Sheringham Park and Horsey Wind Pump. Visit Horsey Beach between December and February, and you may spot hundreds of grey seals and pups on the beach. Alternatively, visit the historical city of Norwich, with its cathedral, theatres, museums, cobbled streets and array of shops and cafés. Sea fishing is available nearby. Beach 200 yards. Shop and restaurant 350 yards, pub 1 mile.£118Price per night from
- Broughton-in-Furness, EnglandThis charming cottage is situated in glorious countryside, 1 mile from the town of Broughton-in-Furness. Oak beams in the living area and a galleried bedroom complement this continental-style retreat. A wonderful courtyard provides opportunity to relax and unwind while you plan the next day’s activity. Ideally positioned to explore the Lakes and fells of south western Lakeland this is sure to be a paradise for those that love the great outdoors.
Ambleside, Kendal and Bowness-on-Windermere are all within an hour’s drive. Immerse yourself in stunning scenery, glorious lakes and wonderful walks. From sampling Kendal mint cake to a variety of water sports on the lake, there is sure to be something to keep everyone entertained. Children will enjoy a day out at The South Lakes Safari Zoo at Dalton, just a short drive away. Meet the Amur and Sumatran Tigers or feed the penguins, the choice is yours. Set in lovely countryside, 1 mile from the market town of Broughton-in-Furness, it is a superb base to explore the lakes and fells of south western Lakeland. Shop, restaurant, pub 1 mile.
This property can be booked with Crimson Cottage (Ref 30152) and Stonecroft Cottage (Ref UK10075) to accommodate up to 9 guests.£81Price per night from
- UNITED KINGDOMCalifornia Cottage is semi-detached property positioned on the peaceful Florida Keys Holiday Park just 9 miles from the historic city of York and offers two couples or a small group of friends the chance to enjoy a break away in this wonderful area of Yorkshire. Surrounded by landscaped areas this cosy cottage is stylishly decorated and provides lots of little extras including delicious chocolates. The open plan living area is well laid out and is bright and airy with lots of natural light. The comfortable sofa bed provides the additional sleeping. The kitchen with dining table for two is fully equipped for cooking up delicious meals for your loved ones whilst the spacious seating area is opposite and provides plenty of space to stretch and watch your favourite movies. After a long day exploring the surrounding area, return to rest in this lovely cottage and enjoy a great night’s sleep in the double bedroom. The shower room completes the accommodation. Sunny days can be spent to the rear of the property on the enclosed patio whilst enjoying a glass of wine in the hot tub.
The market town of Pocklington is close at hand with shops, takeaways, pubs, restaurants and high street supermarkets. The medieval city of York is just a short drive away where you can wander down cobbled streets, explore the snickleways that interconnect York’s narrow streets or marvel in the splendour of York Minster, the largest gothic cathedral in Northern Europe.
This area also offers many walking and cycling opportunities and days out can be spent exploring the North Yorkshire Moors National Park, Dalby Forest or the stunning east coast and the famous seaside towns of Filey, Scarborough and Whitby. The stately home of Castle Howard and National Trust properties of Treasurers House, Nostell and Goddards are also well worth a feature on your holiday itinerary. With so much to see and do and a rural retreat to come home to each evening California Cottage is the perfect base for you. Shop, pub 1½ miles and restaurant 400 yards.
California Cottage can be booked with Carolina Cottage (UK13031), Louisiana Cottage (UK34938) and Kentucky Cottage (UK34937) to accommodate larger groups.£124Price per night from
- Malvern, EnglandWelcoming cottage near Malvern with stunning views of the Malvern Hills. Pet-friendly, Rayburn, garden, beams, 15' well with glass viewing circle in kitchen. Ideal touring base. Malvern 4 miles.£97Price per night from
- Bakewell, EnglandWarming barn conversion, two miles from Winster in Derbyshire. Open-plan living area. Exposed beams. Countryside views.£75Price per night from
- Norwich, EnglandLovely wooden bungalow set on owners' estate and working farm, within walking distance of East Harling. Two bedrooms, side garden, access to fishing lake. Ideal for a couple or small family. Thetford 10 miles.£61Price per night from
- Scarborough, EnglandSuperb dormer bungalow, in quiet position, close to South Bay in Scarborough. Spacious, sea views, beautiful gardens, hot tub. Next to golf course, all amenities close by. WiFi.£319Price per night from
- Hayling Island, EnglandOffering superb sea views, this spacious home is situated in an enviable position along the sea front and boasts a large heated outdoor swimming pool. This holiday cottage, attached to a self-contained annexe which is occupied by the owner, is ideal for couples or family get togethers. Summer evenings can be savoured relaxing on the large patio - perfect for relaxing and enjoying an aperitif! Hayling Island is renowned for its sailing activities and windsurfing with lessons available close by. Every year there is a national windsurfing event and a plethora of sailing and nautical activity can be seen along the coastline. Many activities can be enjoyed locally, including golf, riding and boat trips, and scenic walks along the South Downs National Park. Chichester, with its beautiful cathedral, festival theatre, leisure centre, Roman Villa and Fontwell races, is definitely worthy of a visit. Visit Portsmouth with waterside dining, ferry trips to the Isle of Wight, designer outlets, Natural Museum, leisure facilities, Spinnaker Tower, HMS Victory or the maritime history at Southampton. Winchester and The New Forest are within easy driving distance. Shop 250 yards, pub and restaurant 100 yards.£166Price per night from