- Andover, England
Tucked away along a winding country road lined with hedgerows, dog-friendly The Bourne Valley Inn in Hampshire is a traditional country pub offering the best in comfort and hospitality.£85Price per night from
- Hayle, England
Three Mile Beach is a collection of 15 stunning dog-friendly beach houses located in Cornwall. Just a stone’s throw from three miles of beach with fabulous views over Godrevy lighthouse and the lights of St Ives.£297Price per night from
- Machynlleth, Wales
Plas Talgarth is a dog friendly resort, centred around the 18th century Georgian Mansion House and an original building known as Talgarth Farmhouse, located in the south of Snowdonia National Park.£77Price per night from
- Birmingham, England
Set in Birmingham’s Jewellery Quarter, dog-friendly Selina Birmingham is an eclectic hotel just a short walk from the city centre combining classic comfort with a creative Latin-American twist.£59Price per night from
- Aviemore, Scotland
Spey Valley is a dog-friendly resort situated on the banks of the River Spey. You and your four legged friend will be able to explore all that the Cairngorms National Park has to offer.£99Price per night from
- Maidstone, EnglandA peaceful countryside retreat, these three shepherds huts occupy and idyllic position in the Kent village of Laddingford, an ideal choice for an escape for two.
Hand built, these charming, wooden cladded shepherds huts provide all the comfort you could need for a relaxing break for two. With a tastefully finished double bedroom with en-suite shower room, and an open plan living area/kitchen with a microwave oven, two ring hob for cooking a hearty breakfast, armchairs and small dining area with flat screen TV.
For those who wish to explore on foot, a choice of beautiful walks await. Stroll through the surrounding woodland, alongside the bordering River Teise or through the endless countryside beyond. The friendly village pub is within a minutes’ walk and a footpath meandering through woodland taking you as far the locally renowned Boathouse at Yalding where either a cool drink, spot of lunch or the adventurous watersports centre awaits. And if you fancy jumping into the car for a day out, there is plenty nearby waiting to be explored. Historic Leeds Castle and Sissinghurst Castle Gardens are both a 30-minute drive away. Beautiful Tunbridge Wells and the bustling towns of Tonbridge and Maidstone are all within 20 minutes.
After a day of exploring, the spacious deck veranda is the perfect spot for a drink or even dinner al fresco. The communal garden provides an additional relaxing space to unwind whilst overlooking the tranquil pond and listening to the sound of the river just yards away. Pub in village.£105Price per night from
- North Walsham, EnglandWithin 2 miles of the beach, peacefully tucked away along the North Norfolk coast, surrounded by open countryside, these traditional Norfolk brick and flint barns (refs 30395, 30396, 30397, 30398, UKC660 and UK36552) have been converted, boasting character features, oak flooring, wood burners and equipped to provide the warmest welcome and a very relaxing holiday. With the owners living on-site, each barn has been carefully designed to retain its own privacy, and boasts a fenced courtyard garden with seating furniture and a barbecue. The seaside village of Walcott is within walking distance, and just a short drive away are the traditional seaside towns of Cromer, Sheringham, Mundesley and Sea Palling. Guests are welcome to enjoy the 1-acre of shared meadow grassland for play, relaxing or exploring. The site is abundant in nature and wildlife, with its own resident barn owl. Quiet lanes and footpaths surround the barns to offer excellent walking and cycling direct from the doorstep. The City of Norwich is approximately a 30-minute drive away, and has many attractions including excellent shopping, cathedral, castle museum, theatre, art galleries, cafés and restaurants. Wroxham, 12 miles, capital of the famous Norfolk Broads is great for daily boat hire, river trips and waterside cafés. Fantastic family days out can be enjoyed at Cromer, 12 miles, where there is a promenade, pier, seasonal entertainment, beach, Amazona Zoo and RNLI working lifeboat station. Take a boat trip from Blakeney Quay to visit the basking seal colonies or go crabbing along the quayside. Golf nearby. Beach 2 miles. Shop, pub and restaurant 2 miles.£132Price per night from
- Lyme Regis, EnglandNestling in a tranquil location on the Devon/Dorset border, this well-presented single-storey barn conversion is set within the 40 acres of the owner’s home, which was the setting for The French Lieutenant’s Woman. It lies ½ mile from the popular medieval port of Lyme Regis with picturesque harbour known as the Cobb. Wonderful scenic walking abounds, with the South West Coastal Path just 500 yards away. Shop and pub ½ mile.£76Price per night from
- Battle, EnglandCowbeech Farm Cottage is situated in the beautiful grounds of the owner’s farmhouse on the edge of the village which bears the same name. Originally part of the old dairy and very much a working dairy farm back in the 1950s, it has its own enclosed garden off the original farmyard. The stunning farmhouse grounds have featured in the National Garden Scheme, and other magazines, and guests can stroll around the lake and marvel at the unusual Japanese garden. On the boundary of the High Weald Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and within strolling distance of the local hostelry, which dates back to the early 1600s. A walkers and cyclists paradise, try the Cuckoo Trail, 19 miles of walkways and lanes that follows the old Cuckoo Line Railway from Heathfield to Eastbourne, and gained its name from the releasing of a cuckoo at the Heathfield Fair.
Michelham Priory, Herstmonceux Castle and its gardens, Drusillas Zoo and the Bluebell Railway are great days out, or spend a Saturday evening stargazing at Herstmonceux Science Observatory. Eastbourne with its beaches and pier is a 30-minute drive, and Battle is 8 miles with good rail connections to London. Should the weather be inclement, there is a leisure centre at Hailsham with flumes, inflatables and ten pin bowling. Beach 9 miles. Shop ¾ mile, pub and restaurant 175 yards.£74Price per night from
- Eyemouth, ScotlandTucked away on the edge of the picture postcard village of Coldingham, Garden Cottage has lovely light, spacious living areas and a great bathroom with both a shower cubicle and a bath. This property is perfect for guests with younger children, as there is a cot and highchair available. There are gardens to both front and rear, and it is just a few minutes’ walk into the village where there is a priory, as well as local shops and a couple of cosy pubs serving food. You can also enjoy circular walks round the village. Sandy, sheltered Coldingham Bay, popular with surfers and divers, is 20 minutes’ walk, and Coldingham Loch offers fly fishing. St Abbs is a fishing harbour with a café/restaurant, and St Abbs Head National Nature Reserve is a coastal headland with breathtaking panoramic views and awesome cliffs where thousands of seabirds nest in the spring. You can enjoy amazing coastal walks, including a 30-mile route from Berwick-upon-Tweed to Cockburnspath, or take a boat trips from Seahouses to the Farne Islands, or from Berwick-upon-Tweed on the River Tweed out into the North Sea. Edinburgh is under an hour by train from Berwick, a fascinating Elizabethan walled town. There is a working harbour and golf in Eyemouth, historic houses and castles galore, fishing nearby, and plenty of crafts and galleries. Beach 1¼ miles. Shop, pub and restaurant ½ mile.£96Price per night from