- Blackpool, EnglandThis stunning semi-detached barn conversion provides spacious and luxurious accommodation. Located in the quiet rural village of Stalmine, the property is ideally placed for exploring Lancashire, the Fylde Coast and beyond. Thoughtfully designed both inside and out, the barn offers luxury comforts including a beautiful and well-equipped kitchen, contemporary bathrooms, attractive comfortable bedrooms, Wi-Fi, and a wood burner which is perfect for those winter evenings.
Outside is equally impressive with a decked patio area that enjoys far reaching countryside views. The patio provides a wonderful space for hosting a barbecue, whilst the children can play games on the large lawned garden. The property boasts a private hot tub which can be enjoyed all year round, and should the great British weather take a turn for the worse, you can retreat to your ‘Cave’. This has been built by the owner as an indulgent folly and is weatherproof and with a means of heating.
Stalmine is located approximately 5 miles from the small market town of Poulton-le-Fylde which has a good selection of shops, bars, and cafés. Other places that are worth a visit along the Fylde coast include Thornton Cleveleys with its old-fashioned charm and promenade, 7 miles, Fleetwood with its Freeport Outlet Shopping Village, 10 miles, and of course Blackpool, 9 miles, whose many attractions include The Tower, Blackpool Zoo, Pleasure Beach, Sea Life Centre, and Madame Tussauds.
Apart from being accessible for the coast, Carr End Barn A is also well-placed for exploring rural Lancashire. Ribble Valley with its pretty villages is within an hour’s drive, and it’s an excellent choice for walks and country pubs. The Forest of Bowland, which is a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, can also be reached within an hour’s drive. The Lake District and Yorkshire Dales are also very accessible by road and can be reached in an hour. The city of Lancaster is just 13 miles away and Preston is 19 miles. Beach 9¾ miles. Shop and pub ½ mile, and restaurant 3 miles. This property can be booked together with ref. LR8 to accommodate up to 18 guests.£307From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Boston, EnglandA truly unique lodge fitted out with comfort and quality in mind to make for a lovely relaxing stay with both bedrooms having their own en-suite shower room. Not only is there a hot tub, sauna, gas fire pit and barbeque, but also a large garden room to sit back and relax in. There is also an ice bath that can be provided on request.
Whether you are planning a weekend away with the girls or you simply want to treat you and your partner to a relaxing spa treatment, our fabulous in-house therapist is available, fully insured and trained in spa and holistic treatments. Spa therapy treatments require 7 day booking in advance. Brochure provided via email upon booking.
Nearby Kirton has a good range of amenities including shops and pub which is only a 10-minute walk away, with the town of Boston just a 10-minute drive to the north where you can visit the famous Boston ’Stump’, enjoy numerous good restaurants, shops, cafés and bars as well as the weekly market. For days out, the seaside resort of Skegness is approx. 45 minutes, and Hunstanton in Norfolk about an hour’s drive. Major cities surrounding within a 35-mile radius. Nature reserves at Frampton RSPB and Gibraltor Point offer opportunity to see the migrating birds and wildlife as well as many miles of excellent walks. For cycle enthusiasts, there are some great cycle routes close by.
While you’re surrounding yourself in romantic luxury see if you can spot the abundance of wildlife, including, squirrels, owls, bats, dragonflies, rabbits, robins, woodpeckers, various birds of prey and the occasional muntjac deer.£192From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Dereham, EnglandThis glorious barn conversion has been meticulously designed and restored to create a luxurious holiday some for families and friends to enjoy. With open plan kitchen and dining area, the perfect space to come together and enjoy meals with your loved ones. Plus, large living area with games to keep the family entertained. Three kingsize bedrooms on the ground floor all with their own en-suite shower rooms. A spiral staircase leads to the large mezzanine, master bedroom, with kingsize bed plus en-suite bathroom, with separate shower. Smart TVs in all downstairs bedrooms. From the lounge you will find sliding patio doors to the private and enclosed, rear and side garden, with private hot tub to sit back and relax in after a day exploring the local area. There is also a patio firepit and wood is included. A bespoke garden corner seating area, with built in firepit or drinks cooler, providing the perfect spot to enjoy al fresco dining on a warm day.
The Owl Barn is in a secluded spot, at a Hobby Farm within the owner’s grounds, there are chickens, turkey’s and ducks on site – Children are welcome to help with egg collection. Up to two well behaved dogs (kept on leads) are welcome and there are also dog kennels provided adjacent to the property in a shady spot, if you wish to go out for the day. An enclosed horse paddock is also available for dogs to run free, horses accepted by request and private arrangement. Perfect for nature lovers, the owner offers access to a tranquil private nature walk within their grounds. Where you can enjoy the local nature. There is a pond and river at the end of the grounds, so please pay attention to warning signs and always supervise children and dogs. There are owl boxes in the trees with fitted cameras, which you will be able to view.
Conveniently placed, in the Norfolk village – Saham Toney, next door to an 18 hole Golf course and within a 5-minute drive to Watton, for all essential shops. Local pub within 1 mile. If you would like to explore the local area, Thetford Forest for high lodge forest adventure, Go Ape high ropes course and lots of great cycling and walking routes are just a 30-minute drive. Or take a trip to the stunning North Norfolk Coast and visit the long stretches of sandy beaches in traditional seaside towns, located within an hour’s drive. Norwich – a fine city, is well worth a visit. Offering something for everyone, with an abundance of independent and high street shops and restaurants, nestled within modern and medieval architecture and just a 40-minute drive.£177From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Woodbridge, EnglandThis semi-detached cottage comes fully equipped with a private hot tub. Surrounded by the undulating Suffolk hills, this is a truly special property. The open-plan living area boasts a warm and snug environment which makes for a great social space. The master bedroom comes with an en-suite toilet, and the twin room has an additional pull-out bed, so there’s room for the whole family. With the property all on one level, it’s ideal for wheelchair access too. As well as enjoying your own privacy, with a private entrance, garden and patio area, guests can also take full advantage of the farm’s features, like visiting the goats, sheep, horses and cattle. Beach 16 miles. Shop, pub and restaurant 3 miles.£126From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Forest Cottages, ScotlandSet in a most fantastic location with uninterrupted views over the field to the shore of Loch Lomond and the mountains and forest beyond. Clarinnes Cottage is the perfect location for couples and families to revel in the ambience and warmth of this remarkable detached cottage. Extended and refurbished in 2021 to an excellent standard throughout, guests will find a welcoming and bright home with ample space for all to enjoy.
On the ground floor the spacious and airy open plan living area boasts a wood burner and plenty of comfortable seating, a cosy spot to relax. The kitchen is well equipped with contemporary appliances for preparing a family meal and a dining table. Patio doors offer lovely views and lead to the decking and hot tub. The generous master bed room is attractively presented with an en-suite shower room and has a patio leading on to a decking and is ideal for guests who are less mobile. There is also a family bathroom. The first floor has two further bedrooms each with great views down to the loch and across the countryside. Stepping out onto the decking and garden it is perfect for al fresco meals or watching the wild birds and sometimes a red squirrel, or unwinding in the hot tub and in the evening, star gazing.
Located in the heart of Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park on the shore of Loch Lomond there are lots of tracks and foot paths as well as cycle tracks from your front door. The West Highland Way is easily joined and you can follow part of it along the shore surrounded by breath-taking scenery. Explore the loch on the water with a cruise and visit the many islands or hire your own boat and take a picnic for a day on the water. Ideal for a day out and within easy driving distance, Loch Lomond Shores has a sea life aquarium, water sports, shops, restaurants and regularly hosts events. The cosmopolitan city of Glasgow can be reached in under an hour. The city centre is just packed with places to eat, drink, shop as well as theatres, tourist attractions and historic buildings. Clarinnes Cottages is an ideal location from which to explore one of Scotland’s most picturesque areas, and makes for a relaxing stress free break. Shop 6 miles, pub 5½ miles.£111From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Sheringham, EnglandThe Gresham Hall Estate is simply breathtaking and guests choosing to book one of the apartments in the wing or even Gresham Hall will not be disappointed! The entire property has been refurbished and refurnished to a superb standard in 2019 and all four properties can be booked together to accommodate 20 guests, making this the perfect choice for family celebrations. A welcome pack of milk, bread, butter, jam, marmalade and honey is provided for all properties
As you make your way down the impressive, winding, private driveway which leads to Gresham Hall, you will feel the weight of the world leave your shoulders. Set within the beautiful country estate, whether you choose to stay at one of the apartments, or book the hall and become Lord of the Manor for the duration of your holiday, you are sure to be delighted by your tastefully presented and stylish accommodation. For guests staying at Gresham Hall (ref UK10641), there is a bedroom and a shower room across the hallway on the ground floor for less mobile guests. And less mobile couples who would still like to experience this estate will find ground floor accommodation in Ground Wing (ref UK10638).
Gresham Hall was built by Colonel Batt (hence the bat over the front door), between October 1907 and April 1908 using wooden scaffolding, labour and materials from the Gresham Estate, and the bricks were baked in a local kiln. Colonel Batt was very innovative, and after the war he generated his own electricity which served the property for many years, now having been replaced by a more eco-friendly pellet boiler to provide lots of hot water and cosy heating. The present owner bought the property in the 1980s and the family grew up there, enjoying the beautiful estate to the full. The current renovations were carried out between 2017 and 2019, giving the properties their contemporary feel and all the modern conveniences required by discerning guests for a lovely holiday.
If you can tear yourself away from your sumptuous surroundings, you will find yourself within a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, and also within the heart of the beautiful North Norfolk coastline. The lovely market towns of Sheringham and Holt are just minutes away and offer lots of great places to eat, drink and shop with Sheringham also offering a wide, sandy beach. Cromer, with its famous pier, is also close by. In fact, head east or west from here and explore lots of pretty seaside towns and villages, each offering unique coastal habitats including sandy or shingle beaches, marshes and pretty quays.
Those visiting Norfolk for the first time should also visit the Norfolk Broads, not least of all because Wroxham, considered by many as the ’Gateway to the Norfolk Broads’, is under 40 minutes away. History buffs will enjoy the Blickling Estate, Holkham Hall, the Muckleburgh Military Collection, Thursford Steam Collection and a host of other attractions too including Cromer Zoo, Langham Glass and the Sheringham to Holt Steam Railway. And of course there are cycle routes, walks and wildlife opportunities galore, all waiting for you to explore. Then return each evening to the Gresham Estate for a good night’s sleep and to dream of adventures yet to come. What a joy! Beach 3 miles. Shop, pub and restaurant 2 miles.£106From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Chipping Sodbury, EnglandThis accommodation is the jewel in the crown, renovated to the highest standard with underfloor heating throughout. Purpose built all one level, it is great for family and friends looking for a sociable retreat and it is only a 5-minute walk from the centre of town. A large living room provides the perfect space for everyone to come together. Each bedroom features sumptuous beds and top of the range linens for the perfect night’s sleep. The family bathroom offers both a walk-in shower and separate bath. A boot room and laundry room also feature, so go get your boots muddy and enjoy the walks on the Cotwolds Way which surround the property. The private garden is exquisite, lovingly landscaped and tranquil with picturesque views for miles. The outdoor terrace offers a great spot for dining al fresco, perfectly positioned to watch the sunset over the valley with an aperitif or two and there is a top of the range hot tub on the decked area, it’s a real treat day or night as it comes complete with the best views in town.
Wotton-under-Edge sits right on the famous Cotswolds Way. This friendly village has a plethora of traditional cottages, with a village high street that includes independent shops including crafts and country boutiques, as well as a cinema, allow yourself some extra time when meandering as the shopkeepers love to stop and chat. You will also find all the essentials too, such as green grocers for picking up your organic produce, a butchers for some fine local produce for cooking up a hearty meal for all. Why not take a trip to the family run Winner Hill Vineyard, to pick up a sparkling white to accompany your dinner. It is said by many that it’s just as good as some of the best French bottles. You can even make an afternoon of it and partake in some tasting for a fun day out. A little further beyond, you will find Tetbury is 10 miles away, and Bath and Bristol are both 20 miles. Badminton is 5 miles and Berkeley Castle, Wildfowl Trust at Slimbridge and Westonbirt Arboretum all within easy distance. Golf can also be found nearby. Beach 21 miles. Shop, pub and restaurant ¼ mile.£114From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Llandeilo, WalesCome and discover these two beautiful properties Ty Afon Jay (UK38509) and Ty Afon Arch (UK38515) set next door to each other and offering a fantastic standard throughout after being fully renovated and transformed in 2022 to a very high standard. Nestled within the small village of Garnant on the edge of truly stunning Brecon Beacons and enjoying a local pub, village shop and a choice of dining with restaurants within walking distance.
From Ty Afon Jay you can discover lots of places to visit and outdoor activities are plentiful. Guests can enjoy an interesting visit to the Dan yr Ogof Showcaves, which are within easy driving distance, as is Margam Country Park. Enjoy the stunning scenery of the Brecon Beacons and Black Mountains, or further afield, visit the Gower Peninsula, Britain’s first designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty with its beautiful sandy beaches. Cardiff, the vibrant capital city of Wales, offers many places of historical interest, bustling shops, nightlife, stadiums and concert arenas. Ty Afon Jay offers a fantastic base to discover this wonderful area the large open plan modern contemporary kitchen/dining room is a great social space and perfect for cooking that special meal or enjoy a breakfast at the breakfast bar before heading out to see the area, the kitchen leads through to a bright and airy dining area with dining table for eight and, bi-fold doors leading to your garden. On an evening curl up in front of the wood burner with a good book or enjoy a movie or sit out and watch the stars from your hot tub, it really does offer a luxurious break away with friends and family.
The Swansea Leisure Centre and Waterpark is a firm favourite with visitors of all ages with a lazy river, wave pool, the board rider for indoor surfing and the master blaster rollercoaster waterslide, as well as the maritime museum and marina. Cycling is very popular in the Afan Argoed Country Park and golf and horse riding can also be found locally. Nearby Pontardawe has a swimming pool, indoor bowls, leisure centre and arts centre with cinema.
Ty Afon Jay can be booked together with Ty Afon Arch (UK38515) to accommodate up to 10 guests.£166From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Bury St Edmunds, EnglandFurnished and equipped to attract discerning guests; the large open plan sociable living and dining area has fully opening bi-folding doors which creates a perfect flow from inside to out. Spacious and luxurious furnishings create a great socialising space to simply curl up alongside the wood-burning stove or enjoy the entertainment on the 55” smart television complete with a state-of-the-art sound bar. There are four wonderful bedrooms each benefiting from ensuite shower room facilities. One of which is a family room, consisting of a king size bed and bunk beds, making it perfect for families with younger children, allowing you to keep those little treasures close to you.
The well-equipped kitchen will delight any enthusiastic chef, with a breakfast island as well as a large formal dining table allowing everyone to dine together in style.
Outside is a large paved covered terrace, decorated with feature lighting, heaters, and a generous table, perfect for an al fresco dining experience that will make you want to celebrate every night! Seeking a comfy seat, the lounge garden sofas offer a great alternative to sit together. Soak in the large hot tub and relax under the stars. Wanting more, there is a further additional seating area with fire pit, perfect for toasting marshmallows, all while having views across the open countryside. Attuned for accessibility; all accommodation and terrace is on one level, with extra wide doorways and hallways making it very attractive for guests wanting to avoid steps or stairs.
You will find it hard to tear yourself away, but should you manage to do so, you will find a wealth of local attractions to explore and enjoy. Visit Thetford Forest for High Lodge Forest Adventure, Go Ape high ropes course and lots of great walking and cycling routes. There is a local inn only 2.5 miles away, offering good food and drink (dogs welcome).
The historic market town of Bury St Edmunds is only 9 miles away; boasting its Viking history along with an Abbey, Cathedral, Theatre Royal, Cineworld complex, Arc Shopping Centre and Apex events venue to name just a few. In addition, you will find a variety of eateries, cafes, bars, and fine dining.
For further exploring, nearby Newmarket (17 miles) the local home of horseracing and events, Cambridge (29 miles), a historic and famous university city, Norwich (32 miles) and the stunning Suffolk and Norfolk coastline offering wide sandy beaches.£260From price per night based on 7 night stay
- South Barrow, EnglandOn the outskirts of South Barrow and set in a peaceful scenic country location between Castle Cary and Yeovil, these two single-storey barn conversions, The Cottage (ref 27191) and The Barn (ref UKC2481) make ideal bases from which to explore south and central Somerset. Both are well presented, with lovely country views, and are the perfect places in which to relax and unwind. When choosing The Cottage or The Barn, you will have the luxury of your very own private hot tub, and The Cottage benefits from a cosy wood burner and underfloor heating in the shower room/bathroom.
On the doorstep you can visit the famous Haynes Motor Museum with its superb collection of classic cars; Yeovilton Fleet Air Arm Museum with its exciting aircraft carrier deck experience and huge collection of naval planes, and many historic houses such as Montacute House. Slightly further afield are stunning Stourhead House and Gardens. Within easy driving are Glastonbury Tor, the designer outlet of Clarks Village, Wells cathedral city and the West Somerset Steam Railway, all of which offer great days out. Other family days out include Longleat House and Safari Park, Cheddar Gorge, Wokey Hole or exploring the world famous Jurassic Coast. There is also great country walking in the 10 acres of the owner’s smallholding, local pubs to wine and dine in, and golf courses nearby. Beach 25 miles. Shop, pub and restaurant 1¾ miles.
These properties can be booked together to accommodate up to 10 guests.£75From price per night based on 7 night stay