Pet Friendly Holidays Cornwall
Heading to any popular destination in Cornwall and you'll have the choice of the best dog friendly hotels that the area has to offer. Cornwall has some superb dog walking areas, including the South West Coast path which takes you past Land's End, the Lizard peninsula and some beautiful beaches.
- Saint Merryn, EnglandThis spacious pet friendly holiday farmhouse dates back to the 1700s and is ideally suited to large families/groups as it has 5 bedrooms, 4 of which are en-suite, a large living/dining room, a professionally equipped stainless steel kitchen and a pub style bar with dart board and table football. It has a large lawned garden and patio area to the front and side. The farmhouse is set just 1½ miles from St Merryn with its shops, pubs and restaurants including Rick Stein’s pub, The Cornish Arms. St Merryn boasts the slogan ‘Seven Bays for seven days’. In addition to these sandy beaches, Padstow is just a short drive away with its picturesque harbour, shops and restaurants. Take a ferry trip across the estuary to Rock, or explore the Camel Trail by foot or bicycle (cycle hire available locally). The beautiful bay at Watergate is within easy reach, home to the Extreme Sports Academy. The championship golf course at Trevose is approximately 2 miles away, and for walkers the coastal footpath is just 3 miles. The wonderful Trevone golf club is only 2¾ miles away by car. Other attractions close by include The Eden Project, The Lost Gardens of Heligan and unspoilt Bodmin Moor as well as Newquay with its zoo and world famous surfing beach at Fistral. Shop 1½ miles.£146From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Penzance, EnglandA detached three-bedroom house, situated down its own private lane, just outside Penzance on the road to Land's End. Surrounded by seven acres of fields, ideal for children and pets. WiFi. Penzance 2 miles.£69From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Mevagissey, EnglandSituated on a working farm with beautiful wild flower pasture meadows and ancient woodland, Galowras Cottage is located in a south facing valley offering total peace and seclusion. Mevagissey 1.8 miles.£64From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Portreath, EnglandHeatherstone is a spacious, detached family home providing extended family and friends with an ideal property in which to spread out and relax. The property is close to Tehidy Country Park with over 250 acres of woodland, walks, wildlife trails and a golf course. The popular beach destinations of Portreath and Porthtowan are close by, and both offer excellent beach cafés and host a range of events.
The house sits in a quiet, prestigious, residential area behind two large gates and there is ample parking for at least 5 cars. The enclosed rear garden and patio provide the perfect spot for al fresco dining or simply offer a great place in which to unwind and relax after a busy day on the beach or exploring the local area. The house is a real family home with a comfortable living room with a large wall mounted TV, a cosy gas real flame fire and wide patio doors leading out to the garden. There is a well-equipped kitchen and dining room/conservatory with direct access to the garden.
There are miles of coastal paths to explore and great road links ensuring guests can visit both the north and south coasts with ease. The area attracts walkers and cyclists with the Coast to Coast trail, which follows the path of an old tramway from Deveron on the south coast to Portreath on the north coast. Bike hire is available locally.
The family friendly beach at Portreath has a wide expanse of sand and a small harbour area. There are good local shops, a bakery, two pubs and choice of take away. Head slightly south to Gwithian and the famous lighthouse at Godrevy sits proudly on its rocky outcrop. The area attracts seals, dolphins, basking sharks and is a great spot for bird watchers, with the wide estuary at Hayle and marshes at nearby Marazion. Take the scenic coastal train from St Erth into St Ives, home of the Tate St Ives and Barbara Hepworth Museum. Here you will find a great choice of restaurants, bars, cafés and art galleries. Do not miss the picturesque harbour and stunning beaches that attract visitors all year round. Beach 2 miles. Shop, pub and restaurant 1 mile.£96From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Camelford, EnglandA modern chapel conversion nestling between the northern edge of Bodmin Moor and the beautiful beaches of North Cornwall with the renowned villages of Port Isaac and Boscastle within easy reach. Open-plan, pet-friendly, wood burner, countryside views.£64From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Truro, EnglandA well-presented farmhouse nestled in the countryside surrounding Tresillian, near Truro in Cornwall. WiFi. Woodburning stove. Dog-friendly. Truro 3 miles; Tregony 4.3 miles.£315From price per night based on 7 night stay