Pet Friendly Holidays Cornwall
Heading to any popular destination in Cornwall and you'll have the choice of the best dog friendly hotels that the area has to offer. Cornwall has some superb dog walking areas, including the South West Coast path which takes you past Land's End, the Lizard peninsula and some beautiful beaches.
- Camelford, England"Cottages in the quiet countryside of a land steeped in legends . . ."
Trethin is situated in beautiful countryside a short distance from the ancient market town of Camelford on the northern edge of Bodmin Moor, and only a few minutes’ drive from the spectacular north Cornish coast. Once a working farm, its traditional farm buildings now form a cluster of comfortable holiday cottages in rural surroundings. The cottages are surrounded by lawns, flowering shrubs and mature trees and provide plenty of space for relaxation. There is also a games room with table tennis and a pool table. Nearby are several golf courses, the fishing villages of Port Isaac of Doc Martin fame, Padstow with its renowned fish restaurant. beautiful Boscastle, and Tintagel with the ruins of King Arthur’s Castle. Trethin is also an excellent base for day trips to the Eden Project, Lanhydrock House and Gardens, and many other attractions in the vicinity too numerous to mention. Views of the wild Atlantic and the coastline from the coastal footpaths are magnificent while walks on the moor offer rugged solitude. Shops/restaurants 1½ miles.£50From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Camelford, EnglandA spacious, well appointed and privately situated detached bungalow in the grounds of the caravan club site near Tintagel. With a secluded garden the property is perfect for the larger party seeking to explore rugged North Cornwall. King Arthur’s castle at Tintagel is 4 miles and the quaint fishing villages of Padstow, Boscastle and Port Isaac are a must, while the nearby South West Coastal Path passes through some of the most dramatic scenery of its route. Bodmin Moor, the Wenford Steam Railway and the Camel Trail cycle and footpath are all within easy reach. Shop 0.75 miles, pub and restaurant 1 mile.£72From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Camelford, EnglandNestling on a country lane within the little hamlet of Lank, on the outskirts of St Breward, which is one of the highest points on Bodmin Moor and a wonderfully rural location, Weasels Nest is ideal for a couple or families looking for a quiet ’get away from it all’ holiday. This stone, single-storey barn conversion boasts a lovely, large wood burner in the living room, making it really cosy for holidays throughout the year. From this room, French doors lead out onto the garden, which also has a small patio and seating area. This cottage would suit a family with children, or even two couples looking for a peaceful location. The fabulous north Cornish coastline is just 10 miles away, with wonderful villages including Port Isaac, Port Quin, Polzeath and Rock. The nearby village of St Breward has a lovely pub with a restaurant and a little village shop. Horse riding is available across the moors, or for the adventurous, the beautiful, scenic Camel Trail is just a under a mile away at Wenfordbridge, which will take you all the way to Padstow. Beach 10 miles. Shop, pub and restaurant 1½ miles.£200From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Camelford, EnglandMoorview is ideally located within easy reach of Trebarwith Strand beach on the gorgeous North Cornish coast. Nestled in the peaceful village of Delebole which is a fantastic location for exploring all the amazing places along this stretch of the North Cornwall coastline. With a village shop, chip shop, post office and a couple of pubs, you have got everything you need on your doorstep.
This semi-detached house is perfect for all ages including families, friends sharing, and the grandparents too, with a double bedroom downstairs and three further bedrooms upstairs. There is a large bathroom with a roll-top bath, great for a long soak in the bubbles plus a separate modern shower downstairs. There is a cosy and snug living room with a wood burner, wall-mounted TV, a DVD player and broadband internet. There is a large kitchen leading into the dining area in the conservatory overlooking the enclosed rear garden with far reaching views across to Rough Tor, the heart of Bodmin moors. With a clean, fresh, modern feel the spacious kitchen is fully equipped with everything you need for a large family. The house is dog friendly and there are amazing coastal walks all along the South West Coastal Path.
Whether you are a walker or surfer, or just love a day on the beach, you will enjoy exploring all that this special area has to offer, including the wonderfully historic Tintagel with its fantastic footbridge making accessing the castle much easier than ever before. The picturesque seaside village of Port Isaac, home of the TV series Doc Martin, is just a 10-minute drive away. One of the most popular beaches close by is Trebarwith Strand beach which is just over 2 miles from the cottage. The sandy beach becomes completely covered at high tide and is accessed over rocks when approached from the pretty village of Treknow down a picturesque valley. There is also a welcoming café providing drinks and snacks throughout the main holiday seasons. Beach 2 miles. Shop and pub ¼ mile, restaurant ½ mile.£81From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Camelford, England
Hedgehogs Retreat is set on a quiet little holiday village in a secluded valley called Inny Vale. The interior of this detached ground floor property is cosy and modern and has an enclosed rear patio and lawn garden which is ideal for your furry friends to come on holiday with you. Off the beaten track, close to Bodmin Moor, this property is in a relaxing location from which you can explore the beautiful north Cornish coastline. There are some great walks right on your doorstep, from winding narrow country lanes, through pretty hamlets of stone cottages up to the wild open space of the moor.
There are so many fabulous places to visit all within a short drive, from the seaside villages of Boscastle and historic Tintagel, to Davidstow, with its old airfield and war museum, and the wilderness of the moorland, Crowdy Reservoir and Rough Tor. Couples and families alike will find this location just perfect, close enough to the coast and all the wonderful tourist hot spots, but also hidden away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Beach 6¾ miles. Shop 4½ miles, pub and restaurant 1½ miles.£58From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Camelford, EnglandHallagenna Cottages are located in the village of St Breward, and comprise four traditional Cornish cottages set in five acres of land, in one of the most stunning parts of the country. Enjoy uninterrupted views of Bodmin Moor, amble along to the local 11th-century pub for your dinner, cycle and explore the famous 18-mile long Camel Trail (only a 5-minute drive away) which can be completed on foot or on bicycle, or take horse rides onto the moor virtually from your own front door (Hallagenna riding stables located opposite). The stunning Cornish coast and historic fishing villages such as Port Isaac and Padstow to name but a few are also within easy reach, and there’s so much more.
Hallagenna was once a farm and the home of Beatos, the black stallion from the Lloyds Bank adverts. Although now no longer a working farm, Hallagenna maintains its rural character. The farm has its own miniature pigs and chickens and horses graze in the paddock and share their fields with wild rabbits, which can be easily spotted amongst the grass. A wealth of wildlife can be found grazing the adjacent moor, including ponies, cattle and sheep. Hallagenna Cottages have their own access to Bodmin Moor so it’s ideal for dog walking, hiking, exploring or simply taking in the view.
This beautiful former farm worker’s cottage is set in open moorland (a designated Area of Natural Outstanding Beauty). The two-storey cottage retains many of its original features, such as traditional Cornish stone walls and exposed beams. This cottage accommodation includes TV/Freeview and DVD player. Wi-Fi access is also included. There is a wood burner to keep you warm on the winter nights, and a basket of logs is provided. The living room and dining area are located upstairs in the property. This allows you to make the most of the views across the courtyard and Bodmin Moor beyond.
There is the fully fitted kitchen including a fridge with an ice box, microwave and washer/dryer, a bathroom with bath/shower, and two bedrooms: one double and a second bedroom with two single beds. These are located downstairs in the property. The main bedroom is accessed by a small flight of stairs. A private barbecue is also provided so you can enjoy the warm Cornish sun in your enclosed courtyard garden located at the front of the property.£78From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Camelford, EnglandA modern chapel conversion nestling between the northern edge of Bodmin Moor and the beautiful beaches of North Cornwall with the renowned villages of Port Isaac and Boscastle within easy reach. Open-plan, pet-friendly, wood burner, countryside views.£64From price per night based on 7 night stay