Pet-Friendly Holidays Cornwall
For the best possible hound holiday, we've put together some of the best pet-friendly cottages and hotels for your Cornish break. Head to any popular destination in Cornwall, and you'll have the choice of the best dog-friendly hotels that the area has to offer. Cornwall has some superb dog walking areas, including the South West Coast path which takes you past Land's End, the Lizard peninsula and some beautiful beaches.
- Downderry, EnglandThis contemporary, semi-detached holiday property is superbly located in the little coastal village of Downderry, on the South Cornwall coast. The property is ideal for families with children looking for a lovely, summer beach holiday, whilst also being warm and cosy in the winter months. Dogs are welcome, and the beach at Downderry, which is just a 5-minute walk, is dog friendly throughout the entire year. Heading west along the coast is Looe, a popular fishing village with a sandy beach, pubs, cafés and shops. Here, you can also fish, go crabbing or take a boat trip from the quay. Enjoy a traditional Cornish cream tea overlooking the sea at Talland Bay or explore Polperro, with its narrow streets and pretty cottages nestling around the harbour. East from Downderry is the coastal road to Rame Head with spectacular views overlooking Whitsand Bay, a 5-mile stretch of sand and rocks. Beach ¼ mile. Shop, pub and restaurant ¼ mile.£89From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Downderry, EnglandThe perfect home from home for that family holiday you’ve been meaning to escape on, Lavender Hill House is a spacious, four bedroom property with special touches throughout to make a stay that little bit special.
If it’s been too long since you took time out together, the bright, open plan living space makes a welcoming place to curl up in front of the wood burner and while away an evening over a glass of bubbly. When the sun comes out to play, step outside onto the terrace and enjoy the aroma of a barbecue cooking while you admire the views across Whitsand Bay and savour the moment.
When night falls and your beds beckon, the master bedroom’s home to a super-king bed, and with views across the bay it’s the perfect space to forget the world and enjoy some true time out after a busy day.
With a setting in the friendly village of Downderry, Lavender Hill House is perfect for those of you who love to spend a holiday wandering, shoes in hand, along pretty beaches and enjoying the kind of walks that take you off the beaten track. Close to some of Cornwall’s most spectacular countryside and within easy reach of the historic city of Plymouth, Downderry makes a picturesque base for a break with friends or your extended family.£180From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Downderry, EnglandThis superbly presented and charming cottage, with stunning wooden beams is located in the small village of Hessenford, the ideal destination for enjoying all that the southern coast of Cornwall has to offer. The kitchen/dining room has lovely wooden beams, extensive facilities, whilst the dining table comfortably seats six. The living room has an impressive fireplace, emanating a warm cosy glow, beams, superb wooden furniture and relaxing sofas. The character window is just charming. The staircase leads to two fabulous bedrooms. The first has lots of natural light from ceiling windows, traditional beams and plenty of storage and dressing table. The welcoming, spacious bed with black and gold metal frame completes a very traditional feel. The second has a double bed with a small yet wonderful bay window and again has plenty of storage. Outside, there is a courtyard garden with seating to enjoy that all important glass of wine or coffee at the end of the day. Please note there is no back door to the property only a front entrance.
There is a pub within walking distance from the property and within 2 miles is Seaton Beach, a spacious grey sand beach popular with families and where dogs can roam free all year round. From here there are lovely walks to be had in the Seaton Valley Countryside Park. At low tide the beach reaches out to Downderry Beach providing yet more opportunities for exploring, whilst the beach at the popular fishing village of Looe, steeped in history, is a mere 5 miles away, where restaurants such as The Sardine Factory offer wonderful locally caught fish cuisine, the romantic harbour and narrow streets providing a wonderful setting, day or night.£280From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Downderry, EnglandSearching for the perfect pet-friendly cottage by the coast? Hawks Ridge is one you definitely need to add to your wish list. Standing detached in a hillside position overlooking Downderry Beach, you can savour sea views from nearly every window. It’s a view we guarantee you won’t tire of admiring.
Refurbished in 2019, Hawks Ridge is beautifully co-ordinated, creating a comfortable yet stylish family holiday home. Adding to its charm, it’s furnished with quirky seaside decorations, including two wooden bunnies on the twin bedroom wall! The open plan living areas provide plenty of space for a family of six to relax, dine and enjoy the games and toys available.
In an evening, the best place to be is on the balcony. Here you can watch the stunning sea vistas as the sun begins to set. There’s also an enclosed garden with patio and decking areas, too. When the evening draws to a close, you can choose from three comfortable bedrooms. The master bedroom also has an en suite shower room, offering that extra bit of privacy.
Downderry’s dog-friendly beach is less than a mile away, meaning the whole family, including your pet, can enjoy a stay here. On the way back from the beach, make sure you stop off at the pub for some delicious pub grub or try the local restaurant. Hawks Ridge sounds like the perfect coastal retreat, doesn’t it?£90From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Downderry, EnglandNestled within the owner’s private grounds, adjoining the dog-friendly beach and enjoying stunning sea views, these four wonderful holiday homes are in the most fabulous location for fun-filled family holidays. Each of the properties allows some flexibility of twin or double beds on request.
West Yardley (UK31200) adjoins East Yardley and accommodates up to 11 guests. On the ground floor is a twin bedroom an en-suite wet room with shower seat and grab rails, ideal for those with mobility issues. On the first floor are a family bathroom and a further three bedrooms, one of which boasts a private balcony, tea making facilities and an en-suite shower room. The open plan living space features a good-sized kitchen area and a living area with a sofa bed.
East Yardley (UK31203) also features an open plan living space with a large kitchen area. The property accommodates up to 8 guests, with a convenient double bedroom on the ground floor. On the first floor are two twin bedrooms and a kingsize master bedroom boasting tea making facilities and a private balcony.
Set all on the ground floor and featuring a wet-room, Downalong (UK31201), occupying part of a former coach house, is the ideal choice for the less mobile with a ground floor wet room with shower seat and grab rails. The property sleeps up to 6 guests across two double bedrooms and a double sofa bed in the living area. The open plan living space offers a spacious place in which to unwind or entertain, while the a separate galley kitchen is well-equipped with everything needed for creating family meals.
Occupying the same coach house, Upalong (UK31206) occupies the first floor and sleeps up to 4 guests across a double bedroom with new wardrobe/storage in response to guest feedback, an en-suite and a double sofa bed. The open plan living space offers a relaxing space to unwind, while the recently upgraded separate kitchen is well-equipped and has been upgraded with all you could need during your stay.
Each property features a private terrace accessed from the living area, offering marvellous sea views. Outside, there is a direct beach frontage and the properties are privately situated in established gardens, commanding an outstanding 180-degree panorama over the waters. Outside in the beautiful gardens each property will have its own garden furniture with a barbecue, perfect for summer evenings. There is storage available for bikes or beach equipment, and an outside shower and dog washing station. Within the private grounds are a number of seating areas including two beach shacks which feature a rather impressive wood burner. Named Sunset and Beach View, by night you can sit and enjoy the sunset and the silver moonlight shimmering on the sea.
The lovely village of Downderry features a restaurant, pub, coffee shop and a small shop all within a short walk. Ramblers will enjoy the scenic coastal footpath leading to the charming fishing ports and villages with quays. Looe is within easy reach and scenic Polperro is an enchanting village with quaint, traffic-free lanes and a fishing harbour surrounded with traditional inns and fisherman’s cottages. Take a stroll through the beautiful valley and woodland heading towards Hessenford or explore the coast and its fascinating rock pools between Downderry and Seaton, where there are pubs and a beach café. As one of the most easily accessed parts of Cornwall, you can usually expect to be on the beach just an hour after the Exeter M5 junction 31. Beach 50 yards. Shop and restaurant 170 yards, pub 100 yards.
These properties can be booked together to accommodate up to 29 guests.£89From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Downderry, EnglandThe quaint little village of Downderry, nestling along the South Cornwall coast, is the home to this beautiful cottage, lovingly restored over time and offering stylish comfort for six guests. Dating back to the 18th century, this white walled haven has a charming sunroom to the front of the property, leading to the entrance hall. The perfectly proportioned living room, with elegant décor, beamed ceiling, inviting sofas you just want to sink into, 50-inch TV and real open fire, set within an impressive granite surround, is ideal for that cosy evening when it is a little chilly outside. Doors open onto the dining room, with a solid wooden table and chairs, and abundance of natural light. The kitchen has all you need with a leisure range and real cottage feel. A utility room complete with washing machine and useful fridge completes the ground floor.
Venture upstairs where three bedrooms await you, each with great attention to detail. The first a delightful room with double-size bed, en-suite shower room and sea views. A second bedroom with king bed and TV also has sea views whilst the third, a twin room and of course those wonderful views! There is a family bathroom with bath and shower over too. The garden is a real ‘double’ gem. providing an area with table and chairs and a fine place to sit for morning coffee as the world passes by. Follow then the flight of Cornish stone steps up to a magical, private decking area, with table and chairs, spectacular views to sea and loungers to lay back and soak up the sun, just relax and recharge! The sunsets are breath-taking, and this is the perfect spot to enjoy a glass of wine perhaps as the day draws to a close. There is a single garage adjacent to the cottage for guest’s use.
Downderry is perfect for families wanting to explore this picturesque part of the rugged Cornish coastline with its coves and beaches, the nearest of which has many rockpools just waiting to be explored (for children of all ages!). A village general store, restaurant and pub are all within walking distance, whilst a few minutes’ drive takes you to Seaton, with its own beach and cafés and very own Country Park.
Slightly further away, discover Looe and its stunning harbour, and ancient Polperro, with its historic links to smuggling, wrecking and a plethora of tales. Beach 170 yards.£131From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Downderry, EnglandSurf Song is fantastic, reverse-style property which has been extensively renovated during the winter of 2020/2021 and has uninterrupted 180° sea views from Looe island to Rame Head. The house features pieces from well-known designers and original photography.
The open plan living space on the first floor maximises the magical, ever-changing sea views. A full-width balcony is a superb spot for an evening glass while watching the glistening sea below. An immaculate kitchen with all modern devices, including a large range cooker and marble work surfaces means you’ll love cooking up a holiday feast, gather round the dining table and take in the views through the patio doors. Tucked behind the living area is a TV room with comfortable L-shaped sofa for relaxing after a busy day exploring. Four stunning bedrooms; one with a super kingsize bed and en-suite shower room; one with kingsize bed and the final two with double beds; all furnished with the most beautiful attention to detail and bathrooms that exude modern decadence.
Downderry is a little resort village nestled between Looe and Plymouth, this stretch of coastline is stunning, has surprisingly good surf, and is often not as busy as other parts of Cornwall. There is a Post Office in the local general store, as well as a couple of restaurants and a pub on the beach which also serves fantastic meals. Nevertheless, there is plenty to do, explore the bustling fishing port of Looe or a day trip to Looe Island, the quaint pedestrian village of Polperro with its smuggling museum, a visit to Plymouth to tour the National Marine Aquarium, stroll the Barbican or Hoe or to discover the Naval history of one of the UK’s largest maritime ports. Alternatively, a trip to Golitha falls on Bodmin moor, the Eden Project or a variety of fine National Trust properties. Beach ½ mile.£135From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Downderry, EnglandWelcome to Chy An Littleton, a beautiful 19th-century country house in the charming east Cornish village of Tideford. The stunning Tamar Valley, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, is nearby, whilst the sheer beauty of Dartmoor and mystical and atmospheric Bodmin Moor are both a short drive away. To the south, just 6 miles distant, explore the family-friendly beach at Seaton, with its delightful country park, or Downderry with its endless rockpools. To the east, the small fishing village of Portwrinkle awaits, with its Finnygook beach, a favourite for surfers. The harbour town of Looe, with its narrow streets, boutique shops, pubs, and restaurants is a must-visit, whilst picture-perfect Polperro, once notorious for smuggling long, long ago, has pretty cottages winding down to the sea. The historic naval city of Plymouth can be reached just 20 minutes away, with its plethora of attractions, including the Barbican, National Maritime Aquarium, the UK’s largest, and The Box and its buzzing marinas.
Your holiday home has been thoughtfully furnished and decorated throughout. There is much originality, including feature fireplaces and beamed ceilings. There is a cosy living room with super comfortable seating and a separate utility room, plus a full-size family bathroom comprising both bath and shower. The open plan kitchen/dining room provides a wonderful family space, with a superb level of appliances and a large dining table for up to ten guests, whilst four of the exquisite five double bedrooms are en-suite, with bath and shower or both, which includes the fabulous penthouse, the largest room with its own spa bath. There are wonderful kingsize beds, with quality linens and the décor in each room carefully chosen to exude a blend of sophistication and style. The outside space provides a lovely courtyard area and larger raised garden, sun-soaked for much of the day, whilst adjacent, you will find a traditional, warm, and friendly Cornish village pub, serving a wide variety of food and drink. Wherever your adventures take you here, return home to the elegance that is Chy An Littleton; relax, recharge, and look forward to whatever tomorrow might bring!£149From price per night based on 7 night stay