Pet-Friendly Holidays Cornwall
For the best possible hound holiday, we've put together some of the best pet-friendly cottages and hotels for your Cornish break. Head to any popular destination in Cornwall, and you'll have the choice of the best dog-friendly hotels that the area has to offer. Cornwall has some superb dog walking areas, including the South West Coast path which takes you past Land's End, the Lizard peninsula and some beautiful beaches.
- Hayle, England
The Cornwall House is the perfect retreat to escape to for a holiday on the West Coast. Immaculately and tastefully restored throughout, this three-bedroom property is right in the heart of Canonstown.£116From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Hayle, England
Surfside is a stunning wharf style apartment located in the new North Quay development in Hayle. It has been designed to present the perfect getaway for your family and furry friend, with Estuary views and parking for one car.£80From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Hayle, EnglandSunny Dayz is a modern, four-bedroom property set over three floors in the town of Hayle in West Cornwall. Hayle surrounds a beautiful estuary on the edge of St Ives Bay and is a perfect location to explore St Ives. Catch the train from Lelant and save yourself the trauma of trying to find a car parking space. The top floor of Sunny Dayz has its own en-suite bedroom as well countryside views, whilst on the first floor are the other three bedrooms and a family bathroom. The ground floor has a separate toilet, a large hallway leading to the fully fitted kitchen, a comfortable living room and dinning area. Doors lead out onto the secluded, private garden which is ideal for relaxing and al fresco dining. In immaculate condition, the property is ideal for larger families that want to spend time together. There is no TV, however the owners have provided a selection of games, books etc.
The sandy dunes of Gwithian Towans are a 6-minute drive. Popular with families, it is a long flat beach backed by sand dunes tufted with wild grass, when the tide goes out there are large rock pools for the little ones to splash in and explore. Access to the beach is along a path through the sand dunes from the car park, it is not suitable for people with mobility issues. The wind from the Atlantic makes this a favourite destination for windsurfers as well as surfers. You may even see a common seal; the area is also a breeding ground for seabirds, great for those that enjoy bird watching. After a busy day on the beach stop at the café for a warming hot chocolate or ice cream before heading home. If you don’t fancy cooking, you will be spoilt for choice with the wide selection of restaurants and pubs in the area, not forgetting Philps famous pasties.
Paradise Park and Wildlife Sanctuary in Hayle is a great day out for all the family, with tropical birds, exotic gardens, and a huge jungle barn for the children. Watch the otters and penguins at feeding time, follow the Dinosaur Quiz trail, visit the Pets Corner and on a good day, catch the Jungle Express train. For those who enjoy history, follow the Hayle town trail to learn about the town’s heritage. There is so much to see and do you will be booking another holiday very soon.£278From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Hayle, EnglandBee Cottage is in a small village Reawla in Hayle offering comfortable accommodation in a traditional stone cottage, with an inviting open plan living area downstairs. The property is set away from the road making it quiet and a great place to chill, the garden is private for children and dogs to run around. The cottage has also benefitted from a recent refurbishment providing a comfortable retreat after a long day exploring beautiful Cornwall. The owners have provided hanging space in an outside building for wetsuits etc, and there is plenty of room outside for bikes, paddle boards and surfboards.
After a busy day, out relax in the garden with a drink. There is so much to do here, you are very close to Gwithian beach, ideal for families as there are always rock pools for little ones to play in. The beach is flat but tidal, at high tide part of the beach will be cut off. There is a walk from the car park. The beach is lifeguarded during the summer season. The café opposite is always welcome after the trek back to the car!
Carbis Bay, Porthminster and Porthmeor beach are approximately 3 miles away, both flat and sandy, great for families. Gwithian and Godrey beaches are popular with surfers, also great for children as there are plenty of rock pools to explore. St Ives just over three miles away, is a great day out with cobbled streets leading to the harbour; there are so many places to eat and drink here offering choice for everyone. Small independent shops are great if you are looking for a gift or just something different. Hayle has a beautiful estuary and Copperhouse Creek, ideal for birdwatching and walking with plenty of places to eat, it is unusual as it is just one street.
Whilst you are here you must eat a pasty either at Philp’s - sit and eat in the car watching the harbour or Foundry Shop and sit on a bench at Mill Pool. For a change of scenery visit Birds of Paradise in Hayle, a fun day for everyone with an indoor play area for little ones - great of the weather is not great. It has a small railway, a petting area, a wide selection of birds and animals and during peak season has flying displays. If you want to enjoy the scenery, head for Lelant Saltings Station described as the most scenic railway in Britain.
Not forgetting our four-legged friends, there are dog friendly beaches in Hayle, Cornwall · Mexico Towans, Rinsey Cove, Godrevy, Hayle, Mounts Bay, Prussia Cove, Carbis Bay. You will find that there is so much to see and do you will be booking another visit!£56From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Hayle, EnglandThe Light House is in the pretty little village of Gwithian. The Light House is a spacious, dog-friendly, four-bedroom cottage, with an open plan, feel on the ground floor where the conservatory links through to the living room and kitchen. The garden is mainly laid to lawn with a patio to the rear of the house, a great spot to enjoy some al fresco dining or a barbecue. There is a ground floor double bedroom that would ideally suit one person but could accommodate a couple. On the first floor the master bedroom has a kingsize bed and views towards the sea, and another bedroom has a bunk bed. Up on the second floor accessed by steep stairs is a twin bedroom. Please note that the ground floor double bedroom and the shower room can be separated from the rest of the ground floor with the pull down roller blind.
Blasted by the breeze off the Atlantic, the magnificent beach at Gwithian Towans is always a colourful scene of windsurfers on the water, blow karts on the beach and kites in the sky. Backed by sand dunes, tufted with wild grass, at low tide, there is a vast amount of sand to enjoy, and large areas of rock pools are uncovered, which are great for kids to explore. The beach is dog friendly for most of the year with restrictions only applying between 10am and 6pm in July and August. Gwithian Towans is lifeguard patrolled (during high season). There is some great countryside to explore near here, but a highlight is the stunning coastal road between St Ives and St Just where the moorland meets the sea - wild and dramatic! If you take the train to St Ives, the line hugs the coast, and the views are quite beautiful, and the restaurants are superb. Both the north and south coasts are easily accessible, making it an ideal location for those looking to take advantage of the great surfing spots available in this part of Cornwall. Take your pick, depending on the conditions!
St Ives, once a busy fishing village, now relies on tourism as its main industry. Turner came and painted a landscape in 1811 and art has played a part in St Ives history ever since. More recently Barbara Hepworth and the Tate Gallery have put St Ives on the modern map. Beach 1⅓ miles. This bedroom is best described as a single room with a double bed that would ideally suit one person but could accommodate a couple.£182From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Hayle, EnglandWelcome to Ivy Mount, a beautiful Victorian property in the village of Lelant, close to St Ives. It is ideal for visitors wishing to explore the beautiful area without the need for a car. Downstairs the property has generous living accommodation with a light and spacious lounge and a separate dining room, both with wood burners. The house has the benefit of two bathrooms and there are three bedrooms at first floor level. The kitchen and sun room open directly on to a large, private, enclosed garden at the rear. The garden can also be accessed through the utility room. A gate to the side of the property into the garden means easy access from a beach trip or dog walk without having to go through the house.
A bus stop, 50 metres from the property, provides a frequent service into St Ives. The house is only a short walk to Lelant railway station on the scenic St Ives branch line, ideal for access to St Ives and Carbis Bay, where parking can be difficult especially in high season. You can also explore further afield, as the rail link at St Erth will take you on the Penzance to Paddington main line providing access to main towns such as Truro, Falmouth and Newquay.
Lelant Saltings is a short walk away, popular for walking and cycling as it is flat, so suitable for pushchairs. The estuary is popular for bird watchers, look out for little egrets, herons and oystercathers. There are plenty of places to explore including Nature Reserves, follow the Poldark Trail, wander around the shops in towns such as St Ives and Hayle, or have a game of golf at the nearby West Cornwall Golf Club.
For your four-legged friends, Porthkidney Beach, within walking distance of the property, is dog friendly all year round, with lifeguards during the summer season. There are also plenty of coastal walks to choose from. Close by at Hayle you will find sand dunes and large expanse of beaches. Gwithian is popular with surfers and families as it has parking and a cafe for refreshments, and at low tide there are large rock pools for little ones to play in. If you want to eat out, you will find a selection of pubs and restaurants within a short walk from the property. For those who want to eat in, the kitchen offers all the facilities you will need, and the covered decking area is perfect for al fresco dining! Watch the stars and enjoy planning the next day’s adventures.£82From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Hayle, EnglandSunny Corner Cottage is a quaint little cottage with an enclosed decked area that is a complete sun trap during the summer, perfect for dining al fresco! The living room has an open fire to make those wintery evenings all the cosier. A well-equipped kitchen makes whipping up holiday feasts a breeze. Upstairs, the three bedrooms are roomy, bright, and tastefully decorated, two double rooms and one twin room means there’s plenty of space for the whole family. Sunny Corner is going to be a popular destination with all.
Hayle is a fantastic location with miles of glorious golden sands. There are lifeguard patrolled (during high season) beaches on your doorstep. There is some great countryside to explore near here, but a highlight is the stunning coastal road between St Ives and St Just where the moorland meets the sea - wild and dramatic!
If you take the train to St Ives, the line hugs the coast and the views are quite beautiful and the ability to leave your car behind means you can enjoy the fantastic restaurants. Both the north and south coasts are easily accessible, making it an ideal location for those looking to take advantage of the great surfing spots available in this part of Cornwall. Take your pick, depending on the conditions! Hayle Beach is a short walk across the main road from the cottage and is a pleasant stroll, great for walking, running, cycling or for dogs and you will often see lots of interesting birds that visit the estuary at different times of year which may include egrets, cormorants, swans, ducks and flocks of Canada geese. Beach 1½ miles.£55From price per night based on 7 night stay