Pet Friendly Holidays Cornwall
Heading to any popular destination in Cornwall and you'll have the choice of the best dog friendly hotels that the area has to offer. Cornwall has some superb dog walking areas, including the South West Coast path which takes you past Land's End, the Lizard peninsula and some beautiful beaches.
- Mousehole, EnglandThis delightful, dog friendly, three bedroomed property offers elegant holiday accommodation just 100 yards from the picturesque harbour of Mousehole. Chapel Place retains many of its original features, but also boasts high-speed Wi-Fi and a Freeview Smart TV for those people who still like to stay connected, or be entertained.
The living room with wooden floor, panelled ceiling and wood burner, feels spacious and cosy, with a generous space to relax with the whole family. The kitchen is very well-equipped with an electric hob, built-in double oven and microwave, washer/dryer, dishwasher and a table for up to 6 people, where you can plan the days Cornish adventures over breakfast.
Upstairs there are two double bedrooms (one with en-suite bathroom with toilet and ¾ bath), and a twin. All have luxurious bedding allowing you to get a good night sleep and fully recharge the batteries.
There are two large shower rooms, one downstairs, accessed at the back of the living room which has a wet room, the other is located upstairs with a walk-in shower.
Accessed through the living room or kitchen, the enclosed courtyard garden gives you secluded outside space to enjoy an evening barbecue, or to just relax with a drink. It also provides secure space to let your dogs out without fear of them wandering off.
Chapel Place comes with its own parking space at the front of the property, which is a real rarity in the village. A medium-sized car will have no problem reversing on to it. For those not wanting to risk their paintwork, there are public car parks available, at £3 a day.
Mousehole is a traditional fishing village. Wander the maze of winding narrow streets and alleys, and within a few minutes’ walk you will find some exceptional restaurants and a dog friendly pub. You can shop for everyday necessities and the shop and the Deli, go for morning coffee or afternoon tea, or eat your ice cream on the harbour beach - there is something for everyone. Shop 200 yards and pub 100 yards.£282Price per night from
- Mousehole, EnglandTucked away in a quiet corner, this renovated cottage is situated only yards from the harbour and beach in the heart of the village of Mousehole. Previously the main kitchen and stores for the famous Lobster Pot Hotel, it has now been converted to provide open-plan accommodation with a delightful enclosed patio area and seating to the front. It is the perfect place to in which to relax after a day enjoying the many winding streets, cafés and galleries. Mousehole, on the South West Coastal Path, is a great base from which to explore the many beaches and coves. Lands End, Sennen, Newlyn, Penzance and St Ives are within easy reach. Shop and pubs 50 yards.£68Price per night from
- Mousehole, EnglandIn a tucked away location just a short stroll to the harbour, The Old Stores is a romantic retreat in the heart of Mousehole. Just a short walk to the small beach, pub and renowned, award winning restaurant. Snuggle up on the comfy sofa, relax in front of the wood burner and enjoy a cosy evening in front of the Smart TV with Netflix. Later, you can relax in the free standing, roll-top bath which sits in the exquisite loft-style bedroom with high ceilings, beams and New England shutters.
The Old Stores was exactly that, the original store of the local village shop, now unrecognisable as a chic romantic cottage for couples to unwind. Through the small gate, five steps lead down in to a sheltered, sunny and walled courtyard, very Mediterranean, and the perfect private spot for breakfast or a drink after a day exploring.
The cottage is located next to an award winning restaurant, which employs a Raymond Blanc trained chef. The restaurant will happily deliver meals to guests staying at The Old Stores for a unique night in and take-away with a difference. The restaurant has views over the harbour and offers al fresco dining in its pretty rear garden. Due to the close proximity to this wonderful restaurant, guests may experience the occasional noise at busy times.
The village has an excellent pub, cafés and tea rooms, plus many local art galleries and quirky shops, and is within easy reach of Penzance, Newlyn, Land’s End, Lamorna Cove and the iconic St Michael’s Mount. You will find the magical wildlife marshes at nearby Marazion, which attract walkers and bird watchers alike. There are also numerous sub-tropical gardens and National Trust properties to visit. Why not take a day trip to the beautiful isles of Scilly by air from Land’s End Airport or by ferry from Penzance.
There is a regular bus service and guests could arrive by train directly into Penzance, then by taxi or bus, into Mousehole. Beach ¼ mile. Shop 200 yards, pub 500 yards and restaurant next door.£60Price per night from
- Mousehole, EnglandStylish, dog friendly cottage close to pretty harbour village. WiFi. Mousehole 1/2 mile.£65Price per night from
- Mousehole, EnglandA homely 2 Bedroom cottage in the village of Mousehole, Cornwall. Living/Dining room with wood-burning stove. Pet-friendly. Centre of Mousehole. Sea views.£65Price per night from
- Mousehole, EnglandWinding your way down narrow, cottage-lined streets, past picture galleries and independently owned shops, down to the harbour with its sailing boats and sea views; life in Mousehole is picturesque and carefree; a dreamy holiday destination on Cornwall’s south coast.
Beautifully refurbished with touches of luxury throughout, Salt Loft is just the place you’ll want to call home when staying in this lovely seaside town; where original features compliment contemporary coast-inspired furnishing to form a space that’s as relaxing to be in as it is lovely to look at.
Set just a few metres back from the seafront, this authentic Cornish fisherman’s loft offers four guests a superb retreat away from the bustle of busy everyday life. Grade II listed, the cottage packs in original features by the bucket-load, and these combined with modern elements of a recent refurbishment create an idyllic luxury sanctuary to retreat to after days spent exploring the coast. Arranged over three floors, the first floor entrance to the property is through a stable door which opens into a whitewashed living room with stripped floor boards and original stone walls.
A sash window & seat nestles into the chunkiest of window reveals letting plenty of light in, overlooking the narrow harbour streets, while a low beamed ceiling and rustic hearth with period style stove add a warmth and cosiness to the space. The soft furnishings are understated and gorgeous with palette of neutral tones infusing a sense of calm and elegance. Downstairs on the ground floor a Shaker-style kitchen has been well thought-out in design to offer plenty of worktop space as well as make an inviting space to share conversations and mealtimes together. The cottage’s two bedrooms can be found on the top floor. Each room is the height of comfort with deep luxury mattresses fitted with high spec cool percale bed linen for the ultimate nights sleep & softest fluffy towels. The rooms have original floorboards, high pitched ceilings with exposed A frames, feature circular windows with sunken spotlights, with the master bedroom boasting sea views over the village to St Clements Isle and beyond.
Further afield and easily reached by car, lie the spectacular town and beach of Marazion in one direction, and Lamorna Cove and Pedn Vounder beaches in the other. A must-visit location on many a travel publication’s bucket list, Pedn Vounder Beach is just a twenty- minute drive away and has crystal clear turquoise water edging a crescent of fine white sand; perfect for days spent relishing the Cornish sunshine.
Adding to Mousehole’s repertoire of things to do and see in the area, the town’s pretty harbour is home to a handful of fantastic, shops, restaurants and cafes; and its terrific position on Cornwall’s south coast means that, just a short distance away are the likes of Porthcurno, The Minnack Theatre, Porthleven Harbour, St Michael’s Mount and St Ives.£97Price per night from
- Falmouth, England
A luxury dog-friendly hotel that enjoys an enviable beachside south-facing location just a short stroll from Falmouth Harbour. Coastal canines will be spoilt for choice with endless walks to enjoy right from the hotel, where you can discover a whole host of beaches and clifftop paths with panoramic views along the way.£131Price per night from
- Looe, England
Dog-friendly Talland Bay Hotel in Cornwall is a fabulously pet-welcoming hotel – close to coastal paths, gorgeous uncrowded beaches and beautiful harbourside villages, it’s the perfect stay for outdoorsy dogs.£169Price per night from
- Marazion, England
Hounds seeking a seaside retreat in Cornwall need look no further than the dog-friendly Godolphin Arms, a stylish hotel and restaurant with a gorgeous seafront location.£180Price per night fromPetsPyjamas Exclusive Package Available
- Mullion, England
Perched on the cliffs of the Lizard Peninsula, Polurrian on the Lizard is a contemporary seaside retreat perfect for the whole family, including your four-legged friend.£119Price per night from