Pet Friendly Holidays Cornwall
Heading to any popular destination in Cornwall and you'll have the choice of the best dog friendly hotels that the area has to offer. Cornwall has some superb dog walking areas, including the South West Coast path which takes you past Land's End, the Lizard peninsula and some beautiful beaches.
- Perranporth, EnglandLyndhurst is a stunning, detached split level house perched in an elevated position, overlooking the beach and town of Perranporth. It is the perfect holiday home for large family groups who are looking for comfortable accommodation.
The first floor open plan living area, with wide patio doors that lead on to an undercover balcony with glass and stainless steel, is a great place to relax for breakfast or a late evening drink.
Perranporth is a popular family destination with 3 miles of sandy beaches that attract surfing enthusiasts, walkers and those who love to simply relax and unwind on a beautiful beach. The ideal summer destination, with miles of sand dunes and glorious coastal walks. It attracts visitors who love to experience the crashing waves of the Atlantic Ocean, and quiet beaches.
Perranporth is a bustling area, with many pubs and cafés offering great food and local ales. The Watering Hole Beach Café is a perfect spot to relax for breakfast, lunch or an evening meal. There are a number of large music events staged during the summer months and regular live music all year round. Annual events hosted on the beach include the "Tunes In The Dunes" music festival, beach cricket, beach tag rugby, Perranporth triathlon and The English National Surfing Championships.
As you walk north along Perranporth beach, you will see the spectacular sand dunes of Penhale Sands. This area is a designated Site of Special Scientific Interest and a Special Area of Conservation. The sand dune systems are one of the rarest habitats in Britain and support a huge variety of rare plants and wildlife.
Ideally located just 6 miles from Newquay, 7 miles from the cathedral city of Truro and a 30 minute drive to St Ives. Beach ½ mile. Shop and restaurant 500 yards, pub ½ mile.£105From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Perranporth, EnglandThis beautiful Grade II listed Cornish cottage, full of charm and character, is set in the pretty village of Bolingey, just a 10-minute walk from the coastal town of Perranporth and its 3-mile golden beach. Trefusia is perfect for couples or families looking to get away from it all; simply enjoy the lovely, tranquil walled gardens and sun terrace, or explore the stunning beach and spectacular delights of the north Cornish coastline. The village pub, just a short stroll away, is a locals’ and visitors’ favourite and serves local ales and home cooked food. The coastline along this stretch of North Cornwall is amongst the most dramatic you will find, from the wide surfing beaches to beautiful clifftop paths, which are part of the Cornish Coastal Path passing old Cornish engine houses and stunning coves and villages. The town of Perranporth, with its beach-based pub with live music and events, surf schools and hire shops, is one of the best around and has it all for a quintessential family holiday. The quaint coastal town of St Agnes is also close by with local shops and restaurants aplenty. Nearby Truro, the county capital, is a pretty Georgian market town with cinemas, theatres and excellent shopping. There are many places to visit, including the town of St Ives and Newquay on the north coast. The contrasting south coast is also easily reached and places to visit include the Eden Project, the Lost Gardens of Heligan and many beautiful Cornish gardens that are in bloom in the spring. Golf courses, horse riding, bike hire and water sports are all available nearby making Trefusia a truly great place to spend some family time. Beach 1 mile. Shop ½ mile, pub and restaurant 400 yards.£72From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Perranporth, EnglandThis property is situated in Perranporth, a seaside town on the north coast of Cornwall. The Annexe at Tenniside is a two-bedroom, ground floor property with its own parking and private garden. Located near a small stream and surrounded by woodland, you will find the beach to be a 10-minute walk away.
The property has everything that you would expect for a comfortable stay. The garden is very quiet and you can hear the water bubbling from the small stream. The owner has installed outdoor lighting and throws so you can enjoy the relaxing evenings whilst the little ones are tucked in bed. For those that are adventurous, why not lie in the hammock? The garden is full of colourful plants, and these are sold by the owner in the small stall on the road.
If you turn right out of the property you will see a huge tennis club, so for a small fee you can book the court, do not forget your rackets! A little further on is a very well-equipped play area for children of all ages, from toddlers to teenagers. There is basketball and a football pitch, as well as a table tennis to use. A little further you will find the duck pond, a beautiful place to walk, with plenty of benches, rowing boats full of flowers, and the island has a lovely waterfall. In the village you have local shops, restaurants, takeaways and cafés, offering everything from fish and chips to a roast dinner, catering for all types of cuisine you won’t be disappointed.
Perranporth beach is a 3-mile stretch of sand, a fantastic place for the whole family. There is a tidal pool at Chapel Rock as well as a fantastic watering hole. The Atlantic surf attracts surfers all year round, and there is something to do all year round. The coastal paths along Perranporth lead you to the stunning sand dunes of Penhale, an area designated as a Site of Special Scientific Interest and a Special Area of Conservation.£76From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Perranporth, EnglandRobins Rest at Appletree Cottages is a stylishly decorated, detached, dog-friendly holiday home nestled in a beautiful, tranquil valley outside Goonhavern. There is an open plan living space, with comfortable seating and French doors letting in plenty of light and leading out to the patio. The well-equipped kitchen will be a dream for any budding chef. Gather round the dining table to relax and plan the next days adventure. Downstairs is double bedroom with kingsize bed and French doors leading to the patio, whilst upstairs you’ll find a further double bedroom with kingsize bed and fantastic garden views and a double bunk bedroom, a favourite with young children. There is plenty of space in the garden where the young can run off some steam, as well as a patio with table and chairs and parking for two cars.
Goonhavern has a well-stocked convenience store, a local pub, which serves quality fresh food and great local beer, as well as a privately owned restaurant which is situated as part of the Goonhavern garden centre.
Perranporth is a 5-minute drive away and is the gateway to one of Cornwall’s finest and most spectacular beaches. You will discover miles of golden sands, majestic dunes and crashing surf. The vibrant town has plenty of family eateries as well as pubs, restaurants, cafes and bars. There are surf and kite buggy schools available on the beach, patrolled by lifeguards during the Easter holidays and from May through to October. The walks are stunning along this stretch of the coastal path. The bustling and lively town of Newquay is a short drive away where you can experience the cool vibe of the surfing Mecca and perhaps even give it a go yourself. In the other direction, also a short drive is the trendy village of St Agnes, with plenty of small galleries as well as a free museum on the outskirts. The village also has a supermarket, butchers, post office, bakers, chemist, fruit and veg, florist as well as some excellent gift shops. Beach 2 miles.£154From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Perranporth, EnglandBeach Bungalow is an ideal beach retreat, a private, decked garden to the rear is a sun worshippers delight and there are tri-fold doors that open from the kitchen/dining area. To the rear of the property is a comfy living room with an open fire to warm up those winter evenings. There is a west-facing sun terrace where you can watch the sunsets across the dunes. There are two bedrooms, a spacious kingsize double and a standard double second bedroom complemented by a family shower room. Above all, the mantra location, location, location rings true, and the proximity of the amazing Cornish beach and surfer culture will ensure a superb holiday.
Perranporth is one of the most popular beaches on the Atlantic Coast of Cornwall, the golden sands extend for up to 3 miles all the way to Ligger Point, dogs are welcomed on the beach all year but in July and August during the day they need to be on a lead, however, there are acres of sand dunes where they can be released. Due to the vast expanse of sand, it rarely feels crowded. Lifeguard cover is there during the season for that extra peace of mind. 100m from Beach Bungalow, just the far side of a sand dune is a fantastic bar renowned for being the country’s only bar that is literally on the beach. The village itself has an array of pubs, restaurants, cafes, and shops.
Holywell Bay, just to the north, is one of the finest beaches in Cornwall. There are 2 village shops and two inns. There is also an 18 hole golf course, Holywell Bay Fun Park, fishing and horse riding very close-by. The secluded National Trust beach at Holywell combines golden soft sands and safe bathing with dynamic caves and cliff walks. With RNLI surf patrols, it is one of the safest surfing beaches on the North Cornwall Coast. Beach ½ mile.£101From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Perranporth, EnglandSpringtide is wonderfully located right by the beach and sand dunes of Holywell Bay. It has a superb open plan living/dining room with two large sliding doors which open onto the sun deck to enhance some al fresco living. The kitchen also has door leading to the outdoor space and a Quooker tap. There is a master double bedroom and twin bedroom downstairs with a second twin bedroom up the steep spiral staircase which has some lovely views towards the sea.
The beach, beautiful views, surfing, golf, horse riding, sand dunes, rock pools and plenty of walks right on the doorstep, this property is ideal for a family summer holiday or a winter escape for a couple or small group of friends. Nearby is the bustling resort of Newquay. These days Newquay’s excellent surfing waters are the towns main industry, whereas it once used to be a major export port for the counties mining efforts as well as a north coast port for pilchard fisheries. Fistral Beach holds many surfing competition as is both the Women’s and Mens Gig Championships are held here, as well as surf and lifesaving events. Newquay Zoo now houses 130 different species in subtropical gardens in the centre of the town. Beach ½ mile.£88From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Perranporth, EnglandOcean View is a four-bedroom beach house just a few minutes walk from the beach, offering great value accommodation. A great conservatory has been built on the seaside of the house giving views towards the beach and out to sea. The living room and two upstairs bedrooms have superb ocean views stretching over the dunes. The garden is a generous size and fully enclosed, so ideal for dogs and young children. There is a good size patio area off the conservatory with patio furniture and a masonry barbecue, great for summer evenings, and private parking for two cars.
Holywell Bay is just one of the most convenient locations in Cornwall. Besides the proximity of one of the best beaches on Cornwall’s Atlantic Coast, there are miles of walking to be had along the coastal footpath and many attractions within easy reach because of the proximity of the main roads. Beach 180 yards.£140From price per night based on 7 night stay