Dog-Friendly Self-Catered Stays
Explore our collection of fabulous dog-friendly self-catered stays, featuring secluded country hideaways, luxury cottages on estates, beautiful beach houses, farmhouses, cosy lodges, quirky shepherd's huts, and larger properties for family or group gatherings.
- Morfa Nefyn, WalesBoasting a fabulous location just moment’s away from Porthdinllaen beach, and a stylish reverse-level layout with everything you could need to enjoy a memorable self-catered stay, Welsh Dreaming makes for a fantastic pet-friendly dwelling for a group or family of eight, plus their canine companion, who are looking to embark on their next North Wales adventure.£199From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Blackpool, EnglandThis stunning semi-detached barn conversion provides spacious and luxurious accommodation. Located in the quiet rural village of Stalmine, the property is ideally placed for exploring Lancashire, the Fylde Coast and beyond. Thoughtfully designed both inside and out, the barn offers luxury comforts including a beautiful and well-equipped kitchen, contemporary bathrooms, attractive comfortable bedrooms, Wi-Fi, and a wood burner which is perfect for those winter evenings.
Outside is equally impressive with a decked patio area that enjoys far reaching countryside views. The patio provides a wonderful space for hosting a barbecue, whilst the children can play games on the large lawned garden. The property boasts a private hot tub which can be enjoyed all year round, and should the great British weather take a turn for the worse, you can retreat to your ‘Cave’. This has been built by the owner as an indulgent folly and is weatherproof and with a means of heating.
Stalmine is located approximately 5 miles from the small market town of Poulton-le-Fylde which has a good selection of shops, bars, and cafés. Other places that are worth a visit along the Fylde coast include Thornton Cleveleys with its old-fashioned charm and promenade, 7 miles, Fleetwood with its Freeport Outlet Shopping Village, 10 miles, and of course Blackpool, 9 miles, whose many attractions include The Tower, Blackpool Zoo, Pleasure Beach, Sea Life Centre, and Madame Tussauds.
Apart from being accessible for the coast, Carr End Barn A is also well-placed for exploring rural Lancashire. Ribble Valley with its pretty villages is within an hour’s drive, and it’s an excellent choice for walks and country pubs. The Forest of Bowland, which is a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, can also be reached within an hour’s drive. The Lake District and Yorkshire Dales are also very accessible by road and can be reached in an hour. The city of Lancaster is just 13 miles away and Preston is 19 miles. Beach 9¾ miles. Shop and pub ½ mile, and restaurant 3 miles. This property can be booked together with ref. LR8 to accommodate up to 18 guests.£266From price per night based on 7 night stay
- UNITED KINGDOMIn the pretty village of Rowhook, this beautiful oak-timbered barn offers a relaxing retreat in its own garden with stunning views of the South Downs. Surrounded by open countryside and down a quiet country lane, Windover Barn is ideal for family holidays and is child friendly, and makes an excellent base for walking and cycling. Perfect for a staycation a break with family and friends, and business. Near the market towns of Horsham and Cranleigh, the Surrey Hills and South Downs and 40 minutes to the South Coast.
Windover Barn has a spacious open plan living area offering panoramic views and access to a stone patio. In addition to the wood burner, the comfortable sitting area has two sofas, a Smart TV, and a dining table with seating for four. The kitchen is well equipped and perfect for cooking a special holiday meal. The whole living area has oak floors with underfloor heating. The utility corridor is located to the left of the main entrance. Here you will find a dedicated space for a dog to sleep and plenty of space to hang your hats, coats, and boots. There is an en-suite, walk-in shower room with a kingsize bed in the master bedroom. The second bedroom has the option of two singles or a super-king and is located at the opposite end of the building, along with a family bathroom. The bedrooms are both equipped with built-in wardrobes and feature scenic views. The patio has a table, chairs and a barbeque, the perfect place to relax and take in the beautiful views. There is a supermarket 10 minutes’ drive away in the village of Broadbridge Heath. Beach 23 miles.£137From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Kirkbridge, EnglandSet in a small hamlet, these carefully converted holiday cottages form a courtyard development where every care has been taken with the design, internal furnishings and their impact on the environment. Bell’s Barn (prop ref 25899) stands detached from the other cottages and is suitable for wheelchair users. There is also enclosed paddock where your dogs can run free! Just a short walk from Crakehall, claimed to be one of the prettiest villages in the Dales, with a large village green overlooked by an imposing manor house where cricket and quoits teams often play. Nearby, the historic town of Bedale, 2½ miles, offers a weekly market every Tuesday and various events during the year, together with a range of individual shops, restaurants and pubs. Masham, renowned for the Black Sheep Brewery, is 10 minutes’ drive and Richmond with its Norman castle, Georgian architecture and thriving theatre is also easily accessible. Historic York and its many attractions is within easy driving distance. Alternatively, just enjoy the wonderful Yorkshire countryside either by car, bicycle or on foot. Shop and pub ¾ mile. Properties 25898, 25899, 25900 and 25901 can be booked together to accommodate up to 16 guests.£63From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Chipping Campden, EnglandLuxury personified with all the character and charm of a traditional barn. The Doveling offers the ultimate five-star experience. Lovingly restored to the highest standard. Keeping all of its original heritage, yet blending the contemporary with the old provides for a unique stay.
Step through the feature atrium to enjoy a spacious yet toasty and warm barn. Boasting a large top of the range kitchen with feature island, it’s the perfect space to socially cook with friends and family. It comes with all the little extras such as a wine cooler, Nespresso coffee machine and a large country dining table. If you are wanting a truly special meal and simply do not feel like cooking then take advantage of the estate’s private chef, you can pre-book to cook whilst you enjoy the delights of your surroundings.
After dinner, kick back and relax in the most spectacular room of all, the lounge. Extremely rare in its form it features the original dovecote tower which dates back to the 17th century with the original nesting boxes. Cosy up on the sofa, read a book and watch a film. For charging devices you will also find USB ports throughout the barn, so no need to panic if you forget your chargers! Why not take some time to chill upon a pew in the glass atrium, whilst basking in the sunlight. The glass walkway also leads to the boudoir quarter. Each bedroom has its very own feature bathroom and you will be spoilt for choice with roll-top baths and walk-in rainfall wet rooms to choose from.
Outside you have an abundance of space within your large private courtyard. It’s a great space to dine alfresco. Don your chefs hat and rustle up a country BBQ, relax upon a bench whilst sipping a cold refreshing drink or indulge in a personal training session or yoga for one to one or more (must be booked in advance). The four-legged members of the family will also enjoy their freedom of space. Once they have explored their surroundings there is a dedicated area within your grounds for which muddy paws can be washed down with a warm tap! Perfect for your furry friends after country pursuits.
Located near the desirable Chipping Campden, perfectly positioned to enjoy country walks, golf, gastropubs, arboretums and theatres. Stratford Upon Avon, Stow on the wold, Cotswolds Water Park are all within 20 - 25 minute drive. Just two hours outside London.£292From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Dereham, EnglandThis glorious barn conversion has been meticulously designed and restored to create a luxurious holiday some for families and friends to enjoy. With open plan kitchen and dining area, the perfect space to come together and enjoy meals with your loved ones. Plus, large living area with games to keep the family entertained. Three kingsize bedrooms on the ground floor all with their own en-suite shower rooms. A spiral staircase leads to the large mezzanine, master bedroom, with kingsize bed plus en-suite bathroom, with bath and shower. Smart TVs in all downstairs bedrooms. From the lounge you will find sliding patio doors to the private and enclosed, rear and side garden, with private hot tub to sit back and relax in after a day exploring the local area. There is also a patio firepit and wood is included. A bespoke garden corner seating area, with built in firepit or drinks cooler, providing the perfect spot to enjoy al fresco dining on a warm day.
The Owl Barn is in a secluded spot, at a Hobby Farm within the owner’s grounds, there are chickens, turkey’s and ducks on site – Children are welcome to help with egg collection. Up to two well behaved dogs (kept on leads) are welcome and there are also dog kennels provided adjacent to the property in a shady spot, if you wish to go out for the day, sole use for Owl Barn guests. An enclosed horse paddock is also available for dogs to run free, horses accepted by request and private arrangement. Perfect for nature lovers, the owner offers access to a tranquil private nature walk within their grounds. Where you can enjoy the local nature. There is a pond and river at the end of the grounds, so please pay attention to warning signs and always supervise children and dogs. There are owl boxes in the trees with fitted cameras, which you will soon be able to view.
Conveniently placed, in the Norfolk village – Saham Toney, next door to an 18 hole Golf course and within a 5-minute drive to Watton, for all essential shops. Local pub within 1 mile. If you would like to explore the local area, Thetford Forest for high lodge forest adventure, Go Ape high ropes course and lots of great cycling and walking routes are just a 30-minute drive. Or take a trip to the stunning North Norfolk Coast and visit the long stretches of sandy beaches in traditional seaside towns, located within an hour’s drive. Norwich – a fine city, is well worth a visit. Offering something for everyone, with an abundance of independent and high street shops and restaurants, nestled within modern and medieval architecture and just a 40-minute drive.£177From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Westerdale, EnglandIf peace and tranquillity be the order of the day, then look no further. Nestling in the stunning Esk Valley, these holiday properties have been lovingly converted from 200 year old farm buildings and are situated just across the courtyard from the owners’ farmhouse which dates from the 12th century. Converted from a former granary, The Granary (ref W41008) occupies the first floor of a detached barn conversion, with views towards Castleton Rigg. Stylish and delightfully furnished, retaining many original features with a vaulted ceiling, low beams and solid oak floors. The Carthouse (ref W41503) is spacious and occupies the ground floor of the detached barn conversion, whilst The Byre (ref W7733) is an attractive single storey, detached property with a multi-fuel stove in the living room, and offers wonderful views over the dale. They are all tastefully furnished and decorated and offer excellent holiday accommodation. Ideally situated in the beautiful North York Moors National Park, a scenic drive along the country roads takes you to the historic port of Whitby. The area abounds with smugglers coves and quaint fishing villages untouched by the passing years. An excellent base for exploring the surrounding area, with the Yorkshire coast and Heartbeat country both easily accessible. Walking is available direct from the door, with fishing and riding nearby. Castleton is 1 mile away with all amenities including supermarket, bank and post office. A magical part of the world at any time of the year. Properties W41008, W41503 and W7733 can be booked together for larger parties. Shops, pub and restaurant 1½ miles.£58From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Thornton Steward, EnglandWelcome to Myton House, a charming holiday retreat nestled in the heart of Thornton Steward, Yorkshire. This idyllic village, surrounded by the breathtaking beauty of the Yorkshire Dales, offers a tranquil escape for those seeking a perfect blend of relaxation and adventure.
Thornton Steward, with its timeless charm and picturesque landscapes, provides an array of activities to suit every taste. Nature enthusiasts will find themselves in paradise, with the village serving as a gateway to the stunning Dales. Embark on invigorating hikes along the scenic trails, breathing in the crisp, fresh air as you discover hidden gems and panoramic vistas.
For a more leisurely experience, explore the village’s winding lanes and discover its rich history. Thornton Steward boasts a wealth of historic architecture, including the magnificent St. Oswald’s Church, where echoes of the past resonate through its ancient stones. Take a leisurely stroll through the village, marvelling at the quaint cottages and charming gardens that give Thornton Steward its timeless allure.
Food enthusiasts will delight in the local culinary offerings. Immerse yourself in the warmth of traditional Yorkshire hospitality by sampling regional delicacies at the local pubs and tearooms. Indulge in hearty meals made from locally sourced ingredients, a true taste of the countryside. Should you seek a bit of retail therapy, explore the nearby market towns, each with its own unique character. From boutique shops to antique stores, you’re sure to find treasures that capture the essence of Yorkshire craftsmanship.
Myton House in Thornton Steward is not just a holiday let; it’s a gateway to an enchanting world of natural beauty, historical charm, and culinary delights. Whether you crave the tranquillity of nature walks, the allure of historic architecture, or the warmth of local hospitality, Myton House invites you to create lasting memories in this quintessentially Yorkshire village.£81From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Malvern, EnglandNestled beautifully in the scenic Worcestershire countryside with uninterrupted views of the iconic Malvern Hills, this well-presented detached lodge is located on a working equestrian farm and offers the perfect base for couples or family looking for a leisurely retreat whatever time of year you choose to visit.
The Pavilion has been carefully renovated with you in mind offering spacious living areas, sumptuous bedrooms featuring en-suite bathrooms and a well equipped kitchen with all amenities including a dishwasher. Outside, the enclosed garden and terrace overlooking the equestrian arena, amongst the backdrop of the beautiful Malvern Hills, makes the perfect place to kick back and unwind with a glass of wine following a busy day’s exploration.
The property is located in the grounds of Hillview Arena and Stables, and you are directly beside a bridle path. The owners offer riding holidays by prior arrangement. Here, your horse can be accommodated during your stay at the cottage, in the 12x12 stables or fenced turnout area. You would also have access to use of the two arenas and show jumps. If you are interested in bringing your horse along for the fun, please call the owner to discuss.
Picturesque scenery and scenic walks unfold from your doorstep making it a natural playground for walkers, nature enthusiasts and mountain bikers alike. Conveniently located between the three counties of Herefordshire, Worcestershire and Gloucestershire, you’ll be able to find lots of popular destinations all within an easy drive. These include the charming market towns of Ledbury, Worcester, Tewkesbury and Cheltenham, all featuring a plethora of independent gift shops, highly-acclaimed restaurants, traditional pubs and bustling markets as well as many majestic sites dotted around the rolling countryside. Come and explore this lovely corner of Worcestershire for yourself, you will not be disappointed. Shop, pub and restaurant 1 mile.
This property can be booked for long lets.£64From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Washaway, EnglandThis detached holiday cottage, set on a working farm, on the owners estate comprised of farmland and woodland, is fitted and furnished to a good standard and is a perfect place to unwind or explore, either on foot or by car. Situated a few miles from Bodmin and Wadebridge, and a short drive from Padstow with its shops and Polzeath with its beach. Within easy reach of Port Isaac, made famous by TV’s Doc Martin. Along the coast are Tintagel, Boscastle and Newquay with its surfing. Shop 3 miles, pub 2 miles.£66From price per night based on 7 night stay