Dog-friendly Cottages Dorset
Dorset is a pawsome holiday destination for furry family members all year round. The famous Jurassic coast, Durdle Door, Poole harbour, the South West Coast path, rolling countryside and the surrounding countryside make the Dorset coast super dog friendly for a British break.
- Axminster, EnglandSituated only 3 miles from Lyme Regis with its historic Cobb, harbour and sandy beach, and the market town of Axminster, this delightful and spacious, split-level rural cottage, with stable door entrance, is ideally located to enjoy West Dorset and East Devon. Take in some wonderful scenic walking on the World Heritage Jurassic Coast, enjoy fossil hunting, boating, golf, fishing, horse riding and family time in Lyme Regis or attractions such as the Donkey Sanctuary and tramway at Seaton, Crealy Adventure Park at Exeter, Forde Abbey and Gardens, Beer Caves, River Cottage or exploring the cathedral city of Exeter and beyond. The owners’ property is close by, but not overlooking, with poultry and sheep nearby. You are free to explore the adjacent local nature reserve and woodlands and enjoy views over the Axe Valley. Shop and pub/restaurant 1 mile.£81From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Long Bredy, EnglandThis single-storey holiday home is in a superb country location midway between Dorchester and Bridport in West Dorset and 3 miles from the scenic and beautiful Chesil Beach at Abbotsbury and the World Heritage Jurassic Coast. Adjacent to the owner’s home, it is styled in a Georgian Gothic period and offers a lovely home and location for 6. It is ideal for walking and cycling on the nearby Macmillan and Jubilee Trail, and some spectacular Dorset scenery can be found at Eggardon Hill Fort. Enjoy visiting the ever popular seaside resort of Lyme Regis, 18 miles, with its pretty harbour and Cobb, taking in some stunning coastal scenery and smaller seaside resorts of Charmouth, Eype and West Bay. Within easy driving distance, enjoy Abbotsbury Swannery and Sub Tropical Gardens, RSPB nature reserves at Radipole and Lodmoor, or Weymouth with its many family attractions, as well as Sea Life or slightly further on Monkey World and the Bovington Tank Museum. Beach 3 miles. Shop 6 miles, pub and restaurant 2½ miles.£101From price per night based on 7 night stay
- New St, EnglandSituated in Easton in the heart of Portland, this 200 year old, mid-terrace cottage, accommodating up to 5 guests, has been tastefully decorated and offers a great holiday location for exploring the area. Steeped in history, Portland has wonderful coastal walking for visitors and their four-legged friends, as well as fishing, diving, bird watching, and of course sailing and wind surfing in Weymouth harbour. Set on the World Heritage Jurassic Coast and Chesil Beach, so one can explore all the way up to the Purbecks to the east and down to Lyme Regis in the west, taking in many popular resorts en-route and some superb scenery. Visit the quaint seaside town of Weymouth with its harbour, sandy beach and shops, or Dorchester with its many museums. Further afield, discover Monkey World, Bovington Tank Museum, historic houses and many other exciting attractions beckon to ensure you have a memorable holiday. Beach 1 mile. Shop and restaurant 400 yards, pub 200 yards.£73From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Lyme Regis, EnglandNestling in a tranquil location on the Devon/Dorset border, this well-presented single-storey barn conversion is set within the 40 acres of the owner’s home, which was the setting for The French Lieutenant’s Woman. It lies ½ mile from the popular medieval port of Lyme Regis with picturesque harbour known as the Cobb. Wonderful scenic walking abounds, with the South West Coastal Path just 500 yards away. Shop and pub ½ mile.£76From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Boys Hill, EnglandSet in the grounds of the owner’s home, in rolling West Dorset countryside between the quaint historic abbey town of Sherborne and the market town of Dorchester, this spacious, single-storey barn conversion for two, with beams, is an ideal holiday location for lovely country walks, golf, and village pubs to wine and dine in, or for exploring many historic houses and attractions nearby and days out visiting the World Heritage Coast or Bath. Shop, pub and restaurant 2½ miles.£46From price per night based on 7 night stay