Dog friendly Lodges Gloucestershire
Steeped in rolling, green landscapes, magnificent rural scenery and beautiful spa and market towns, Gloucestershire is one of the most picturesque counties in the UK. With plenty to see and explore, it's an ideal place for a dog-friendly staycation with your best furry friend.
- Cerney Wick, EnglandThis stunning couples retreat is a detached barn in the gorgeous, picturesque Cotswolds hamlet of Cerney Wick, in the heart of Cotswolds Water Park. It is the idyllic romantic get-away and only a few minutes walk away from lakes and the river Churn. A beautiful combination of original and contemporary features create a luxury self catering space in the grounds of Manor Farm House. Centrally located near Cirencester, it is 15 minutes away from Jc15 of M4 & 20 minutes away from Jc11a of M5£45Price per night from
- Tetbury, England£359Price per night from
- Stroud, EnglandThis single-storey, detached cottage would make the perfect holiday base for touring and exploring this beautiful and historically fascinating corner of Gloucestershire. Set over one level, this stunning accommodation offers an open plan living space, a kingsize bedroom, a double bedroom with en-suite, and a family bathroom. Outside there is parking for two cars and a fully enclosed courtyard with a patio and garden furniture, including a log burner and BBQ, perfect for an evening of pure relaxation! There are also two paddocks next door where your dogs can run around.
Access to the Cotswold Way is literally right on the doorstep of this period cottage, where the Cotswold escarpment can be enjoyed. The Old Dairy also offers easy access to the 11th-century Norman castle at Berkeley, the Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust at Slimbridge, the Arboretum at Westonbirt, many National Trust properties, the thriving market town of Tetbury, two riding centres close by plus Stinchcombe golf club. The major attractions of Bristol, Bath, Gloucester, Cheltenham, Cardiff, Malvern and the Forest of Dean are all less than an hour’s drive away. This property provides idyllic accommodation for families, friends and couples alike who are looking for a holiday filled with adventure, or somewhere simply to put your feet up and relax with your favourite book and a glass of wine in hand! Shop 1 mile, pub and restaurant ¾ mile.£104Price per night from
Nympy Barn is a dog-friendly cottage, situated in the delightful Cotswolds village of Nympsfield on the Edge of the Severn Valley. The cottage is positioned in an unspoiled medieval Cotswold non-working farm, which has been lovingly created from cartsheds.£101Price per night from
- Cerney Wick, EnglandWaters Edge is a contemporary styled, luxury holiday home on Cotswold Water Park in the southern Cotswolds near to Cirencester. Set on a private gated estate, this architecturally inspired, lakeside home has stunning views over a lake. The property benefits from a large, fully enclosed decking area & balcony off the master bedroom giving the illusion of being suspended over the water’s edge. Private hot tub. 3 bedrooms each with en-suite sleeping up to 6 people. Up to 2 dogs welcome£204Price per night from
- Chipping Campden, EnglandThis stylish, detached, converted barn is just a few hundred yards from the heart of Chipping Campden. As the main town in the north-western area of the Cotswolds of high hills and secluded coomb (with its magnificent ’wool’ church, wide market street and beautiful buildings that span at least five centuries), this would make the perfect base from which to tour and explore. With an acre of grounds and ample parking for visitors, Campden Barn offers a high level of comfort with limestone flooring in bathrooms and underfloor heating on both floors of the property.
The magnificent gardens of Kiftsgate Court and Hidcote Manor - with its lovely views over the Vale of Evesham - are not to be missed, as well as many other National Trust properties in the locality; Stratford-upon-Avon (approximately 8 miles), shops, restaurants and pubs, 200 yards.£158Price per night from
- Cirencester, England
These barn conversions are situated on the fringe of the charming Cotswold village of Ampney Crucis. Immaculately presented, they lie in the grounds of a 500-acre country estate, part of which is accessible to guests, just two miles from the ancient Roman town of Cirencester. The area is popular with walkers, cyclists and horse riders. The Long Barn (ref NTE) and The Cotswold Barn (ref NTF) are perfect Gloucestershire holiday homes to be enjoyed at any time of year. The Cotswold Water Park, with its many water based activities, is within close proximity. Just a little further afield is the Regency Spa town of Cheltenham, offering many visitor attractions, an extensive range of shops, restaurants and the Gold Cup horse racing. There is also the National Arboretum, situated at Westonbirt, being home to one of the finest tree collections in the world. Oxford, Burford, Stow-on-the-Wold and Lechlade are all easily accessible. Shops 2 miles, pub serving food short stroll away.£507Price per night from
- Lydney, EnglandThe Petit Manor is an extraordinary, stunning wing of a Grade II* listed house in a countryside setting with large gardens and access to a 6 acre field. A luxurious haven of privacy as the house and grounds are not shared with other guests.
The Petit Manor offers the unusual with a beautiful open plan kitchen dining and sitting room which has the characterful feel of a barn with oak beams and a log burner to snuggle up by. It is truly a dreamy place to unwind. You can look forward to dining under the stars which you can see through the glass roof above the table and relax on the sofas watching a film or reading a book. The staircase leads up to the first floor where you will find a separate shower room and stunning master bedroom with its own egg bathtub where you can relax and enjoy some bubbles gazing out over the open countryside.
All the benefits with all the privacy of a romantic getaway for two. It’s rare to find a premium house of this size available for couples but that’s what makes The Petit Manor so unique.
With all this you may never wish to leave the property but if you do then the location is excellent. The River Seven is a 10-15 minute walk from the property, whilst the Forest of Dean offers plenty for the adventurous including mountain biking, zip wires, Go Ape, kayaking, horse riding etc. There is an abundance of cycle tracks and valley walks where you may even encounter the native wild boar. Alternatively; just relax and enjoy the peace and tranquillity of this rural retreat.£176Price per night from
- Fairford, EnglandThis sweet little character holiday cottage is within walking distance of the attractive market square at Fairford, here there are shops a lovely old inn providing good food and a magnificent Wool Church. From the cottage there is excellent lake side walking and a wealth of birdlife and waterfowl can often be seen. A convenient location for touring and enjoying the scenic beauty of the Cotswold Hills. Burford, Stow, Bourton-on-the-Water, Cirencester and Letchlade are all within a 15 mile radius. Pub and shop 400 yards.£58Price per night from
- Gloucester, EnglandHolders Cottage is a luxury property situated in a small, peaceful location mid-way between the pretty market town of Newent and the cathedral city of Gloucester. Set in the grounds of the owners’ family home, the property is arranged to enable you to make the most of the glorious Gloucestershire countryside views. The accommodation comprises an open plan living space and a double bedroom complete with a kingsize bed and en-suite facilities. Outside there is a private terrace with garden furniture and lovely countryside views. There is a driveway offering parking for up to two vehicles.
Perfect for walkers and cyclists, the cottage sits in open countryside and there is a myriad of footpaths, bridleways and country lanes right on the doorstep. The Wysis Way and Three Choirs Way are both within close proximity of the property. Additionally, this holiday home offers an ideal base from which to explore the local area as it is centrally located between the Forest of Dean, the Cotswolds, the Malvern Hills and the Wye Valley, all of which are known for their stunning views, wildlife and range of outdoor activity options and are within 15 miles of the accommodation. The city of Gloucester is less than a 10-minute drive away, with its redeveloped historic docks, and offers a range of cafés, bars, restaurants and outlet shopping in the Gloucester Quays. The regency spa town of Cheltenham, renowned for its shopping, theatre and festivals, is just a 20-minute drive. Tewkesbury, Ledbury and Ross-on-Wye can all be reached within a 30-minute drive. Shop 1 mile, pub and restaurant 4 miles.£75Price per night from