Pet Friendly Lodges Hampshire
Looking for the pawfect pet friendly lodge for your next Hampshire break? Blessed with gorgeous countryside, quaint villages and beautiful beaches, Hampshire is the perfect combination of country, coast and city. Visit the enchanting New Forest with its fairytale forests, the wonderful South Downs National Park, and heavenly hamlets like Buckler's Hard.
- Lymington, EnglandThis superb, detached, 16th-century spacious and characterful property enjoys a truly beautiful location. Peacefully located along a quiet lane and nestled within gently sloping, lawned gardens, with rose lined pathways, a meandering shallow stream and views at the rear over the countryside. Within the beautiful gardens sits a tiled outdoor heated swimming pool available in the summer months, with elegant roman end and steps down to the pool, and which also benefits from an electronic safety cover.
Steeped in history, this delightful home offers many original architectural features in keeping with the character of a period house, such as beams (some low), original inglenook fireplaces and tiled floors. Salters Cottage is ideal for families, friends and celebrations whether in summer around the pool or in winter with roaring fires. There is also a spacious green oak studio with high ceilings and French doors, which provides a fabulous reception room opening straight out onto the patio decking for games, family gatherings or just enjoying the view across the gardens onto the forest and site of special scientific interest. As well as the main living room and the studio, on the ground floor there is a snug with an inglenook fireplace with wood burner, and additional TV, and a spacious toilet. There is fibre Wi-Fi throughout the house. At the heart of this wonderful property is a hand-built kitchen, including a large induction cooker and oak topped kitchen island around which you can enjoy a glass of wine with friends and family. Opening out from the kitchen is a dining area that overlooks the extensive gardens.
The large, raised decked area is an ideal spot from which to savour the views whilst having an aperitif or dining al fresco on a warm summer’s evening. There is a range of garden seating and sun loungers in the garden. The lovely view over the gardens can be enjoyed from the tastefully styled bedrooms, with the large master bedroom being a particular feature, with its own dressing room and en-suite bathroom. In the small bedroom at the top of the stairs, a section of the original wall construction is exposed. The 4 bathrooms are well fitted, one of them has a roll-top bath with super Moroccan themed tiles. High quality linen and beds are throughout.
The ever popular New Forest is part of the National Park and is a haven for wildlife, with many roaming ponies across the heathland, extensive walks, cycling and riding routes. There is plenty to do in the area for all ages, all year round. The popular sailing town of Lymington is only a 10-minute drive, with its pretty harbour, open-air lido, cobbled pedestrianised streets, boutiques, eateries, pubs and day trips to the Isle of Wight on the ferry. Other places of interest include Beaulieu Motor Museum, Bucklers Hard, Marwell Zoo, Peppa Pig at Paultons Park, New Forest Owl and Otter Park and Southampton with its maritime history, to name but a few! Perhaps best of all are the surrounding walks into the forest without getting in the car. Salters Cottage is also within easy reach of many beaches, including Mudeford, Sandbanks, Poole and Bournemouth. Shop ½ mile and pub ¼ mile.£241From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Brockenhurst, EnglandThis detached, boutique-style, single-storey holiday property offers well-presented accommodation and makes an ideal retreat for couples or families looking to enjoy the delights of The New Forest right on their doorstep. There are two double bedrooms and a third bedroom with two single beds. Lawn Lodge has its own private parking and enclosed, lawned garden, and is adjacent to the owner’s renowned hotel, where guests can enjoy complimentary use of the extensive leisure facilities, including a heated indoor and outdoor swimming pool (outdoor pool - summer only), air conditioned gym and terraces/grounds. There is also a spa treatment centre (prices on enquiry), bar, two restaurants, and breakfast is offered at a discounted rate.
The ever-popular New Forest is a haven for wildlife with many ponies roaming across the heathland, extensive walks, cycling and riding routes. There is plenty to do in the area for all ages, all year round, including Beaulieu Motor Museum, Bucklers Hard, Marwell Zoo, New Forest Wildlife Park and Southampton with its maritime history, to name but a few! It is only a 10-minute drive to historic Lymington, with waterside dining, boutiques and ferries to the Isle of Wight. Lawn Lodge is also within easy reach of many beaches, including Sandbanks, Poole and Bournemouth. Beach 5 miles. Shop 1 mile, pub and restaurant 100 yards.£132From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Hayling Island, EnglandOffering superb sea views, this spacious home is situated in an enviable position along the sea front and boasts a large heated outdoor swimming pool. This holiday cottage, attached to a self-contained annexe which is occupied by the owner, is ideal for couples or family get togethers. Summer evenings can be savoured relaxing on the large patio - perfect for relaxing and enjoying an aperitif! Hayling Island is renowned for its sailing activities and windsurfing with lessons available close by. Every year there is a national windsurfing event and a plethora of sailing and nautical activity can be seen along the coastline. Many activities can be enjoyed locally, including golf, riding and boat trips, and scenic walks along the South Downs National Park. Chichester, with its beautiful cathedral, festival theatre, leisure centre, Roman Villa and Fontwell races, is definitely worthy of a visit. Visit Portsmouth with waterside dining, ferry trips to the Isle of Wight, designer outlets, Natural Museum, leisure facilities, Spinnaker Tower, HMS Victory or the maritime history at Southampton. Winchester and The New Forest are within easy driving distance. Shop 250 yards, pub and restaurant 100 yards.£178From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Hordle, EnglandThis superb, detached, seven-bedroom, English thatched country cottage is a delightful holiday home which offers many original architectural features in keeping with the character of a period house, such as beams, leaded windows, original inglenook fireplace and thatched roof. Offering spacious, tastefully styled accommodation, this wonderful thatched country home makes an ideal base for families or couples wishing to stay in the New Forest National Park and close to the sea.
With no close neighbours and surrounded by fields on all sides, the property has 4 acres of gardens, with the outdoor heated swimming pool (heated June, July and August) being the focal point of the rear garden, easily reached through two sets of large French doors from the spacious kitchen. There is also a large area for playing ball games, two other large lawns, a double barbecue and outdoor furniture. The owners have a separate annexe adjacent to the property.
The property is located just 3 miles from Lymington and within the New Forest National Park itself, which is a haven for wildlife, with many roaming ponies across the heathland, extensive walking, cycling and riding routes. There is plenty to do in the area for all ages, all year round. The popular sailing town of Lymington is only a 5-minute drive, with its pretty harbour, cobbled pedestrianised streets, boutiques, eateries, pubs and day trips to Isle of Wight by ferry. Other places of interest include Beaulieu Motor Museum, Bucklers Hard, Marwell Zoo, Peppa Pig at Paultons Park, New Forest Owl and Otter Park and Southampton, to name but a few. The property is also within easy reach of many beaches, including Mudeford, Sandbanks, Poole and Bournemouth, the nearest beach being less than two miles away. There is a local convenience shop a 2-minute drive away (800 yards) and a local pub and restaurant within walking distance (600 yards).
The owners have an annex in the grounds where they often stay, one end of which is just a few yards away from Silverland’s back door, but they have their own entrance, drive, car park and garden, all separate to Silverland. All the windows and doors of the annex are double glazed, kept closed and have blackout blinds and curtains drawn to ensure your privacy. Unless you need the owner’s assistance for anything, you will not see them from arrival to departure, but they are happy to help if necessary - the choice is yours.£518From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Brockenhurst, EnglandThis welcoming, detached family home enjoys a lovely location, standing within 2 acres of extensive lawned gardens and overlooking the surrounding fields and countryside. Arnewood Corner is an ideal base for gathering family and friends, with many thoughtful touches and home comforts found throughout. Enjoy the games room annexe, complete with a pin-ball machine, juke box, and a selection of games and toys, as well as the private hot tub, children’s play area and the outdoor heated swimming pool. There are six bedrooms found inside the main house, two of which are on the ground floor.
This lovely property is located just a mile away from the pretty village of Sway, which has a village shop, family butchers, post office and a selection of pubs and restaurants. The ever popular New Forest National Park, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, which is a haven for wildlife, is nearby with many roaming ponies and cattle along the roadsides and across the heathland, as well as extensive walking, cycling and horse riding routes. There is plenty to do in the area for all ages, all year round; picturesque villages serving cream teas, vineyards, golf courses, stately homes and many family attractions. Brockenhurst is nearby, as is the popular sailing town of Lymington, which is only a 5-minute drive, with its pretty harbour, fishing trips, cobbled streets, boutiques, pubs, restaurants and day trips by ferry to the Isle of Wight.
Other places of interest nearby include Beaulieu Motor Museum, the riverside village of Bucklers Hard, Exbury Gardens, Marwell Zoo, Peppa Pig World and New Forest Owl and Otter Park, to name but a few. Further afield, but well worth the trip, are Monkey World and the Tank Museum at Bovington. The property is also within easy reach of many beaches including Mudeford, Sandbanks, Poole and Bournemouth, the nearest beach being 4 miles away at Milford-on-Sea – also great for crabbing! Along the coastline, there are a many popular activities such as windsurfing, boating and swimming. Beach 4 miles. Shop, pub and restaurant 1 mile.£368From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Southampton, EnglandRelax in the hot tub, swim in the pool or eat al fresco in the Gazebo and fire pit garden, this wonderful, detached home is the perfect base for gatherings of family and friends. Tucked away on the fringes of the New Forest National Park, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, it comprises of the main house and a two-bedroom annexe, with its own patio garden and entrance. The house enjoys beautiful views over the woodland, lawns, Sun terrace, hot tub and private outdoor swimming pool (which can be heated, please ask for details).
This welcoming home offers light and spacious accommodation. There is a large entrance porch, a cosy living room with a Smart TV and open fire, doors lead into the conservatory. There is a well equipped kitchen/dining room with French doors opening onto the gazebo, alFesco dining area with a fire pit, gates to lawn garden and swimming pool. There are three large bedrooms, each with king-size beds, Freeview TV and en-suite shower rooms, they all have lovely views of the woodland, swimming pool and gardens.
The two bedroomed Annex has a spacious shower room, an open plan living room, kitchen/dining room with Freeview TV and DVD, furnished with light decor and homely comforts with beautiful garden views, French doors opening onto a private patio.
In addition to the main house and apartment, there is also another separate detached cabin (Summer Breeze) by the swimming pool area with Freeview TV, seating and a shower room.
There is plenty to do in the area for all ages, including visiting picturesque villages , vineyards, golf courses, stately homes, beautiful gardens and family attractions such as Peppa Pig World and Paultons Park. The picturesque market town of Romsey and the delightful town of Lyndhurst are a short drive away. With its wide variety of landscapes and wildlife, the New Forest provides miles of scenic walks, a network of bridlepaths and footpaths. A wide range of tastes and appetites are catered for with Chinese, Thai, Italian and Indian restaurants and takeaways, country pubs and fish and chip shops all nearby.
Good Road links to the M27 enable the cottage to be an excellent touring base. Within easy driving distance are many award-winning beaches, attractions and historic towns including Winchester, with its superb cathedral and Portsmouth with its famous Historic dockyard, HMS victory and Marie Rose exhibitions, the Spinnaker Tower and extensive shopping, leisure and entertainment. Southampton has excellent cultural and historical links, including the Titanic Exhibition, the old town has a large stretch of medieval defence walling and many famous residents from yesteryear include Jane Austen, Shakespeare and Henry V. This area of Hampshire has the world famous River Test meandering through the countryside with many beautiful pubs and walks along its banks including The River Test Way. The Beaulieu River flows through The New Forest too Bucklers Hard you can enjoy relaxing walks or cruise along the River, where kayaking and canoeing are also available.
Nearby pretty sailing towns Hamble, Warsash, and Lymington offer scenic riverside walks, Marina and Waterside pubs. Other places of interest include Beaulieu Motor Museum, Beaulieu Abbey, the historic riverside village of Bucklers Hard, Exbury Gardens, Mottisfont Gardens, Sir Harold Hillier Gardens , The New Forest Wildlife Park, Poulton‘s Park, Marwell Zoo, Hythe victorian Pier and train, Calshot Castle and activity centre, Hurst Castle, Highcliffe Castle, The Mid-Hants Watercress Steam Railway, Royal Victoria Country Park and Manor Farm Country Park are all worth a visit. Southampton and Lymington have ferry link to the Isle of Wight. Salisbury is also just a ½-hour drive away, and just beyond there is Stonehenge. Beach 14 miles. Shop 2 miles, pub and restaurant 1 mile.£586From price per night based on 7 night stay
- West Meon, EnglandSituated in the South Downs National Park in beautiful gardens and grounds, with endless views over unspoilt Hampshire countryside.
Astonishingly peaceful, it is surrounded by ancient trees and grazing animals and set in an organic farm (no chemicals or machines) and yet is still only an hour’s drive from London.
Perfectly situated in the golden triangle between the Cathedral City of Winchester, the beaches of the South Coast and the racing and polo of Goodwood and Cowdray.
The farmhouse has been beautifully restored and renovated with exquisite fabrics, textiles and modern art - everything has been chosen with comfort and style in mind. Decorated in gentle colours, with an abundance of books and beautiful paintings, it is the most restful of places to unwind.
Not only does the kitchen have some of the best views in Hampshire, it is large, new and well equipped. The AGA is backed up with a multi-functional oven and electric hob and a large American style fridge freezer and 2 dishwashers to ease the pain of clearing up. Twice weekly cleaning service is included.
The house itself sleeps 10, with 2 tucked-away private suites (one with a shower room and one with a bathroom), the other double bedrooms share a large family bathroom, making it perfect for multi-generation family stays.
Summer or Winter Brickwood Farmhouse is set up for gentle enjoyment. In summer, enjoy the very large swimming pool, a choice of outdoor dining areas, ferocious matches on the croquet lawn or just sitting, reading or painting in the many beautiful areas of the grounds. The garden is conceived as a series of intimate, enclosed spaces around the house - something for everyone.
Lots and lots of space for children to play - goals can be set up on the big play-lawn for the sporting family. The walled back terrace has a built in fireplace, sofa, table and chairs making long summer evenings absolutely delightful.
In winter 2 woodburners - one in the elegant drawing room, one in the cosy snug (all wood provided) - create the perfect atmosphere for family get togethers and nothing is left to chance. It is all backed up by modern underfloor heating and proper cast iron radiators.£368From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Lymington, EnglandComfortable detached timber lodge on 100 acre coastal Shorefield Country Park. Open plan living. Family-friendly. Near beach. Opportunity to access on-site leisure facilities inc. pools and gym. Close to New Forest. Milford On Sea 1.5 miles.£72From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Lymington, EnglandA fantastic Grade II listed annex resting on the outskirts of Hordle, Hampshire. Pet-friendly. Swimming pool access. Off-road parking. New Milton 2.4 miles; Lymington 3 miles; Christchurch 9.1 miles.£101From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Southampton, EnglandThe Bijou Snug is as its name suggests the smallest of three luxury properties that have been purpose built for holiday letting in the New Forest, ideal for couples on their own. The property is set within a secure gated development and includes use of the sauna, (all of which must be booked with the on-site manager alongside the other guests usage). The property is an open plan studio style, occupying the top level of this detached building and may hold special appeal to active cyclists with plenty of storage on the ground level for bicycles to be stored.
Located only a short distance away from the village of Hythe which has a number of cafés, restaurants, public house, various shops, hair and beauty salons. The UK’s oldest pier-train at the entrance to the high street connects to the ferry across Southampton Water to the Town Quay at the bottom of Southampton’s high street and near the large West Quay shopping centre. The nearest beach at Calshot offers panoramic views of the Solent, Southampton and the Isle of Wight and is home to one of the UK’s biggest activity centres offering a wide range of exciting activities for all abilities and ages throughout the year, either indoors which accommodates a climbing complex, velodrome and a dry ski slope or outdoors on land and water.
The wider area of the New Forest National Park is quite literally on the doorstep, only a 5 minute drive. It contains so much to offer in terms of miles of unbroken trails and paths, glorious gardens and famous estates like Beaulieu and Exbury, a huge array of fantastic pubs and wonderful restaurants worth getting to know. Within easy driving distance and great for days out are Monkey World, Bovington Tank Museum and Highcliffe Castle. Discover Lulworth Cove on the Jurassic Coastline, or visit Corfe Castle, Stonehenge, Winchester or Salisbury Cathedrals, Marwell Zoo and Paultons Park. If all this isn’t enough, you can even set sail and take a day trip by car ferry to the Isle of Wight from Lymington or Southampton. At around 2 hours’ drive from London, just over an hour to Heathrow and 20 minutes from Southampton Airport, Bijou Snug is an easy to reach destination and a great choice to book for your stay in the New Forest.£55From price per night based on 7 night stay