Dog friendly Lodges Kent
Kent has some great dog friendly cottages for you and your four legged friends to have a pawsome staycation.
From stunning beaches like Broadstairs to plenty of walks around the South Downs, you and your dog will have a idyllic stay in the South of England. Whether you're having a short weekend break or taking a longer holiday with your pooch, heading to the south coast is a great option for dog owners.
Nagden House is a well-known property in the Faversham area, this creekside retreat is situated in an unusual and unique location, in the middle of Graveney marshes, on a tidal creek with private jetty. It is perfect for couples or family groups as well as the ideal venue for a celebration or special occasion. Bird enthusiasts of all ages will adore the views of the active marsh bird life which can be seen from every window.
Finished to a high standard, Nagden House boasts a large kitchen with double range cooker, Nespresso machine, and Le Creuset pans which the chef in your party will adore spending time with, a bespoke handmade oak dining table and French doors opening onto a large patio area overlooking the creek. Those panoramic views can be enjoyed in winter and summer alike, sheltering from the elements inside the comfort of the warm dining room, or basking in the Kentish summer sunshine outside; the only noise the abundant bird life all around.
After a long leisurely lunch, adjourn to the comfortable sitting room with its roaring wood burner, or repair to the charming puzzle and reading corner with vintage record player along with board games, puzzles, books and an unusual selection of vinyls to choose from, if the Sonos sound system is becoming too predictable. Alternatively, hunker down in the cinema and karaoke room next door, which can double as a playroom for parties with tinier guests, with a large 65 inch Smart TV and a wide selection of films and extensive songbook to belt out en-masse.
Later in the evening head upstairs to the five elegantly-styled double bedrooms, all with stunning creek views to wake up to. The family bathroom boasts a roll top freestanding bath, while the dual-aspect master bedroom is the perfect place to watch the sun disappear over the marshes from the Juliet balcony, usually with a great colourful fanfare.
Newly added in summer 2020, Nagden House has a huge exterior dining and seating area, including an electric-heated, 7ft Canadian cedar wood hot tub and outdoor shower. Enjoy a sunset dip in the creek, warm up with sundowners afterwards in the hot tub, then adjourn to the day beds, clustered around the fire pit, and watch the sunset sky turn to dusk. There is also a large outdoor pergola and dining table, with accompanying barbecue station and bar area.
The extensive gardens of Nagden House are wonderful in every season, but particularly in summer when the orchard really comes into its own, offering up an abundance of cherries, apples, pears, apricots, damsons and figs. The rare World War II pillbox, now converted into an exciting kids’ fort, will fire up their imaginations, or if that doesn’t tear them away from their screens long enough, successful crabbing at high tide off the jetty should do it. Sunsets from the jetty are easy to photograph well, making absent friends jealous and are always memorable. Even more so if a local seal happens to be passing by.
Cyclists will love the varied local loops straight from the house without even going near a paved road, unless by choice, and there are some bikes available for guests use. Nagden House is situated on the Saxon Shore Way so walkers and foragers can head straight out from the front door, no dog leads required here for four legged guests, and enjoy trailing along the creek across the fields to the sea shore or through the local woods and fields. Intrepid wild swimmers or canoeists can strike off down the creek from the private jetty or walk 20 minutes across the fields to The Swale and foodies can head straight to the famous Sportsman Pub which is 5 minutes down the road, or to the favourite local farm shop Macknades. Nagden House is a beautiful holiday home without parallel, and this quiet creek side haven a place to truly unwind. Beach ½ mile. Shop 1 mile, pub and restaurant 1 mile.£354Price per night from
- Margate, EnglandDreamers View is the true ’seasoning’ of Margate, a welcoming and contemporary coastal base for visiting the Turner Contemporary, Dreamland Margate, sandy beaches and sparkling bays. Facing the Lido, from your window seat you can dream away, watch the Turner skies in the sunset, trail the kite flyers on the sand and out at sea. A beautiful sight to see. Here chic eateries, galleries, tempting vintage, retro shops and cool cafes go hand in hand with traditional seaside pleasures like candy floss stands, fish and chip shops and seafood stalls. You are spoilt for choice.
After years of being lovingly restored by its current owners, this apartment has been rejuvenated and is ready to rock & roll and contribute to Margate’s cultural and artistic revival. Polished wooden floors, a beautiful spacious kitchen/dining area, the luxury of two bathrooms, are there all for you to enjoy. The expansive open plan living and dining area lead straight onto the lovely secluded terrace and on a glorious sunny day you could just imagine being in the Mediterranean!
A choice of 3 lovely bedrooms on the top floor provide you with a well deserved rest after exploring bays, beaches and enjoying thrills at Dreamland Margate . A soak in the roll-top bath will prepare you for another day in JW Turner’s favourite part of the world.
The owners have a great relationship with two trendy restaurants in Margate and as guests you will receive a special discount at both.
Margate fizzes, it’s exciting, it’s energising and you’re invited to join the ride!£101Price per night from
- Deal, EnglandLeighwood is a beautiful barn conversion set in a large properties grounds, surrounded by beautiful countryside, yet only a 25-minute walk via bridleways away from multiple beaches and St George’s Royal Golf Course. This property is ideal for a couple who enjoy walking, visiting the local villages and towns or just going to the beach.
Within the grounds you have the ability to wander around and enjoy the stunning views surrounding you. A short walk away you have the options of various beaches and towns in Sandwich, Deal, Ramsgate and Dover. With plenty to do in the surrounding area, take your pick or simply enjoy the property and grounds it is set in for a more romantic break. Beach 3 miles.£77Price per night from
- Tunbridge Wells, EnglandWith far reaching views over the surrounding countryside, this quaint, boutique, character cottage idyllically sits in the beautiful village of Goudhurst. Steeped in history with a choice of three renowned local pubs within walking distance, a friendly tearoom, shops and bakery, this historic village is the ideal location for a wonderful stay in the Kent countryside. With plenty to do and see on your doorstep, nearby Bedgebury National Pinetum, Sissinghurst Castle Garden and Scotney Castle are all within equal distance, a 10- minute drive away, or simply explore the surrounding countryside on foot.
The cosy wood burner is an enviable feature during the winter months, or, during summer, wander through the stylishly refurbished kitchen to the enclosed courtyard for a glass of something cool. Beautifully finished, the master bedroom could quite easily be compared to a boutique hotel, with tones of grey from the wallpaper, the warming yellow throw and exquisitely embroidered cushions tastefully styled together. You will enjoy the views through the shuttered windows out across the churchyard beyond. As you ascend to the second floor, glimpse out over the rooftop to the views of green fields, which are at their best from the delightful second bedroom. This bedroom is ideally situated, complete with a telescope ideally placed for you to fully appreciate the countryside backdrop, or for star gazing in the evening, through the Velux windows.
This idyllically situated, character cottage is the perfect countryside retreat with everything you could need on your doorstep, and ideally placed for touring this beautiful part of Kent.£87Price per night from
- Ashford, EnglandThis pretty self catering holiday cottage in Kent has been renovated to a high standard with oak beams and an open aspect giving it a real feeling of light and space yet with a cosy wood burner to curl up in front of in the colder months. The calm colour scheme and natural coir matting make this a very attractive and charming holiday cottage. A great area for walking, close to the seaside for watersports and Rye for culture, perfect for everyone!
With two beautiful bedrooms nestled in the eaves overlooking open fields and woodland and a living area that opens onto the private garden space, this is a wonderful location to relax and get away from the stresses of daily life, this luxury cottage is perfect for exploring the countryside. Stylishly furnished, this holiday cottage is light and spacious offering a good standard of self catering holiday accommodation. Added to this there is a tennis court which can be used to make your holiday even more fun (by prior arrangement with the owners).£90Price per night from
- Dover, England
The White Cliffs Bunkhouse is a charming dog-friendly boutique accommodation nestled in the heart of the village of St Margarets at Cliffe near Dover in Kent.£1200Price per night from
- Westbere, EnglandOriginally a farm cottage, part of which dates back to the 1500s and boasts plenty of beams, this delightful holiday destination adjoins the owner’s cottage. Westbere is a preservation area and close to Westbere Lakes, a SSSI. Explore Canterbury with its historical sites and take in a theatrical performance or visit Chaucer’s Canterbury Tales. Whitstable and Herne Bay are about 20 minutes’ drive. Trips to France are possible via the Channel Tunnel and there are good rail services to London. Fishing and golf are available locally. Shop 1 mile, pub and restaurant 500 yards.£94Price per night from
- Ramsgate, EnglandBeautiful, Victorian cottage set within a terrace in the heart of Ramsgate, Kent. Dog-friendly. Near seafront. WiFi. Smart TV. Period features. Broadstairs 2 miles.£57Price per night from
- Saint Margarets Bay, EnglandCommanding stunning views across the English Channel, this attractive, spacious, family home for all seasons is the ideal property for a relaxing holiday with both friends or relatives. A decked terrace runs the length of the property, an ideal spot for soaking up the sun or relax after a brisk winter walk in front of a glowing log burner in the cosy living room, overlooking the frothing waves. Four of the six bedrooms have sea views and the other two have attractive garden views. There is also a games room and private hot tub. The white chalk cliff above St Margaret’s Bay is said to be the first place the sun reaches each morning on mainland Britain! The beach is famous for being the closest point to France and is the spot where Channel swimmers begin their marathon 21 mile swim. The village itself offers good pubs, restaurants and local shop within walking distance. The coastal path leads to the famous White Cliffs of Dover, gateway to England and now one of the UK’s protected Heritage coasts offering some of the best cliff coastal walking in the country. The lighthouse is the place where Marconi transmitted his first radio broadcast to France. Closer to France than London, bring a passport, catch a ferry from Dover and visit the French markets in Calais and Boulogne for the day. Visit Dover, Deal and Walmer Castle, Pines Garden and Metropole Galleries Folkestone. Canterbury 17 miles. Golf, sailing, cycling, horse riding locally. Shops and pubs 500 yards.£246Price per night from
- Acrise, EnglandLocated in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty amongst the North Downs within the Elham Valley, enjoy the peace and tranquillity that Ladwood Farm offers. Two holiday apartments in one of the farm buildings provide ground floor and first floor accommodation around their own rural gated courtyard. They are surrounded by fields and farm animals and there are walks in abundance from the doorstep. Explore the local countryside with its ancient rights of way and bridleways, ideal for walkers and for horse riding. They lie just 10 miles from historic Canterbury, and you can take a boat ride on the River Stour, visit the historic cathedral or maybe take in a show. Port Lympne Wild Animal Park, Howletts and Wingham Wildlife Park make great days out. Folkestone is 5 miles and Dover is 8 miles. Visit the Roman Painted House, Dover Castle and the iconic white cliffs. Bring your passport so you can enjoy day trip to France. The Channel Tunnel is close by and the international Eurostar terminal is 15 miles away at Ashford, where you can also go for some retail therapy. Beach 7 miles. Shop 2 miles, pub and restaurant 3 miles.£71Price per night from