Dog friendly Lodges Kent
Kent has some great dog friendly cottages for you and your four legged friends to have a pawsome staycation.
From stunning beaches like Broadstairs to plenty of walks around the South Downs, you and your dog will have a idyllic stay in the South of England. Whether you're having a short weekend break or taking a longer holiday with your pooch, heading to the south coast is a great option for dog owners.
- Maidstone, EnglandA peaceful countryside retreat, these three shepherds huts occupy and idyllic position in the Kent village of Laddingford, an ideal choice for an escape for two.
Hand built, these charming, wooden cladded shepherds huts provide all the comfort you could need for a relaxing break for two. With a tastefully finished double bedroom with en-suite shower room, and an open plan living area/kitchen with a microwave oven, two ring hob for cooking a hearty breakfast, armchairs and small dining area with flat screen TV.
For those who wish to explore on foot, a choice of beautiful walks await. Stroll through the surrounding woodland, alongside the bordering River Teise or through the endless countryside beyond. The friendly village pub is within a minutes’ walk and a footpath meandering through woodland taking you as far the locally renowned Boathouse at Yalding where either a cool drink, spot of lunch or the adventurous watersports centre awaits. And if you fancy jumping into the car for a day out, there is plenty nearby waiting to be explored. Historic Leeds Castle and Sissinghurst Castle Gardens are both a 30-minute drive away. Beautiful Tunbridge Wells and the bustling towns of Tonbridge and Maidstone are all within 20 minutes.
After a day of exploring, the spacious deck veranda is the perfect spot for a drink or even dinner al fresco. The communal garden provides an additional relaxing space to unwind whilst overlooking the tranquil pond and listening to the sound of the river just yards away. Pub in village.£105Price per night from
- Sissinghurst, England
A beautifully cosy and charming dog-friendly oast house with five bedrooms dating back to 1880 - the perfect space for hosting a family gathering, for a special celebration or for a group of friends with a furry friend in tow.£459Price per night from
Nagden House is a well-known property in the Faversham area, this creekside retreat is situated in an unusual and unique location, in the middle of Graveney marshes, on a tidal creek with private jetty. It is perfect for couples or family groups as well as the ideal venue for a celebration or special occasion. Bird enthusiasts of all ages will adore the views of the active marsh bird life which can be seen from every window.
Finished to a high standard, Nagden House boasts a large kitchen with double range cooker, Nespresso machine, and Le Creuset pans which the chef in your party will adore spending time with, a bespoke handmade oak dining table and French doors opening onto a large patio area overlooking the creek. Those panoramic views can be enjoyed in winter and summer alike, sheltering from the elements inside the comfort of the warm dining room, or basking in the Kentish summer sunshine outside; the only noise the abundant bird life all around.
After a long leisurely lunch, adjourn to the comfortable sitting room with its roaring wood burner, or repair to the charming puzzle and reading corner with vintage record player along with board games, puzzles, books and an unusual selection of vinyls to choose from, if the Sonos sound system is becoming too predictable. Alternatively, hunker down in the cinema and karaoke room next door, which can double as a playroom for parties with tinier guests, with a large 65 inch Smart TV and a wide selection of films and extensive songbook to belt out en-masse.
Later in the evening head upstairs to the five elegantly-styled double bedrooms, all with stunning creek views to wake up to. The family bathroom boasts a roll top freestanding bath, while the dual-aspect master bedroom is the perfect place to watch the sun disappear over the marshes from the Juliet balcony, usually with a great colourful fanfare.
Newly added in summer 2020, Nagden House has a huge exterior dining and seating area, including an electric-heated, 7ft Canadian cedar wood hot tub and outdoor shower. Enjoy a sunset dip in the creek, warm up with sundowners afterwards in the hot tub, then adjourn to the day beds, clustered around the fire pit, and watch the sunset sky turn to dusk. There is also a large outdoor pergola and dining table, with accompanying barbecue station and bar area.
The extensive gardens of Nagden House are wonderful in every season, but particularly in summer when the orchard really comes into its own, offering up an abundance of cherries, apples, pears, apricots, damsons and figs. The rare World War II pillbox, now converted into an exciting kids’ fort, will fire up their imaginations, or if that doesn’t tear them away from their screens long enough, successful crabbing at high tide off the jetty should do it. Sunsets from the jetty are easy to photograph well, making absent friends jealous and are always memorable. Even more so if a local seal happens to be passing by.
Cyclists will love the varied local loops straight from the house without even going near a paved road, unless by choice, and there are some bikes available for guests use. Nagden House is situated on the Saxon Shore Way so walkers and foragers can head straight out from the front door, no dog leads required here for four legged guests, and enjoy trailing along the creek across the fields to the sea shore or through the local woods and fields. Intrepid wild swimmers or canoeists can strike off down the creek from the private jetty or walk 20 minutes across the fields to The Swale and foodies can head straight to the famous Sportsman Pub which is 5 minutes down the road, or to the favourite local farm shop Macknades. Nagden House is a beautiful holiday home without parallel, and this quiet creek side haven a place to truly unwind. Beach ½ mile. Shop 1 mile, pub and restaurant 1 mile.£354Price per night from
- Margate, EnglandThis lovely, one-bedroom annexe is attached to the owner’s home and has been furnished and decorated accordingly to a very high standard! The property has a good-sized double bedroom with a very swanky brand new bathroom with a great multi-spray power shower. The open plan living space is ideal for two people along with a fully equipped kitchen. There is a private rear garden with patio area to sit quietly and enjoy a coffee before heading to the beach or town. You also have a shared front garden again with seating area, which looks towards the lovely woodland opposite the house.
The property is close to many places such as Margate, Ramsgate, Broadstairs, Canterbury, Whitstable and about 30 minutes’ drive from Dover. Sam’s Snug is ideally located for a fabulous holiday or for a short break stay. Designed with comfort in mind and a bit of personality, each room will make your stay at Sam’s Snug easy and comfortable. The owner has tried to think of everything you might need to make your stay enjoyable and memorable for you and your four-legged family member. Beach 500 yards.£89Price per night from
- Broadstairs, EnglandThis detached holiday home lies just yards from the beach at one of Broadstairs’ beautiful bays, Dumpton Gap. A quiet gently sloping, sandy beach with promenade. At low tide walk along the beach to Ramsgate (check tide times), explore the rock pools for shrimps and crabs or take a stroll along the cliff top. Broadstairs offers restaurants, cafes and gift shops. Enjoy the regular summer fireworks displays and festivals, including Folk Week, or take to your bike and explore the beautiful 27 mile Viking Way. Alternatively Westwood Cross shopping, 2 miles, offers 53 stores, restaurants, cinema and casino. Shop, pub and restaurant ½ mile.£66Price per night from
- Deal, EnglandLeighwood is a beautiful barn conversion set in a large properties grounds, surrounded by beautiful countryside, yet only a 25-minute walk via bridleways away from multiple beaches and St George’s Royal Golf Course. This property is ideal for a couple who enjoy walking, visiting the local villages and towns or just going to the beach.
Within the grounds you have the ability to wander around and enjoy the stunning views surrounding you. A short walk away you have the options of various beaches and towns in Sandwich, Deal, Ramsgate and Dover. With plenty to do in the surrounding area, take your pick or simply enjoy the property and grounds it is set in for a more romantic break. Beach 3 miles.£77Price per night from
- Broadstairs, EnglandThe Old Parish Hall is a unique and stylish holiday home that has been newly renovated to provide the perfect base for your seaside getaway with friends or family. Enter the property through solid oak, church-style doors to an impressive vaulted hall. There is a large, open-plan living space with luxury furniture, with a dining area seating six and a well-equipped kitchen. The impressive and unique, solid oak spiral staircase leads to the first floor, where you will find three bedrooms, all with luxury bed linen and Egyptian cotton towels.
With the golden sands of Ramsgate’s beaches, just a short walk away, you’re also within walking distance of the town’s lively bars, stylish restaurants, cafés, and shops. Just a short stroll to the end of Royal Road are views over the famous Royal Harbour. With so much to do in Ramsgate, you may simply wish to make the most of the local surroundings and this exceptionally unique property, which combines all the mod cons with stunning original features, or travel further afield to other local attractions and beaches. The Parish Hall is on the main travel links for all the surrounding towns and villages, making it a good place for days out exploring Thanet and beyond. This property is a must book! Beach 750 yards. Pub 1 mile.£95Price per night from
- Dover, EnglandThis charming semi-detached holiday cottage is located in St Margaret’s-at-Cliffe, in Kent. Dudrich Cottage has an enclosed courtyard garden, spacious living room and two comfortable bedrooms. Decorated and furnished to a very good standard, this property will appeal to families and couples, and will also accommodate your four-legged friend. Dudrich Cottage is equipped with Wi-Fi and a Smart TV for cosy evenings in, there is also a private parking space in front of the house for ease of access.
The property is within walking distance of local pubs, the village shop and restaurant serving a range of meals. St Margaret’s-at-Cliffe is a charming village between Dover and Deal, and was once home of the ’James Bond’ author, Ian Fleming. Canterbury is nearby where you can explore the city walls and visit the famous cathedral. Deal with its beautiful coastline and Dover, where you can explore Dover Castle and the secret war tunnels, are within driving distance. There is fishing and an indoor swimming pool available nearby, or take a day trip to France from Dover on the ferry or on the Eurostar from Ashford. Beach ¾ mile. Shop, pub and restaurant 100 yards.£72Price per night from
- Tunbridge Wells, EnglandWith far reaching views over the surrounding countryside, this quaint, boutique, character cottage idyllically sits in the beautiful village of Goudhurst. Steeped in history with a choice of three renowned local pubs within walking distance, a friendly tearoom, shops and bakery, this historic village is the ideal location for a wonderful stay in the Kent countryside. With plenty to do and see on your doorstep, nearby Bedgebury National Pinetum, Sissinghurst Castle Garden and Scotney Castle are all within equal distance, a 10- minute drive away, or simply explore the surrounding countryside on foot.
The cosy wood burner is an enviable feature during the winter months, or, during summer, wander through the stylishly refurbished kitchen to the enclosed courtyard for a glass of something cool. Beautifully finished, the master bedroom could quite easily be compared to a boutique hotel, with tones of grey from the wallpaper, the warming yellow throw and exquisitely embroidered cushions tastefully styled together. You will enjoy the views through the shuttered windows out across the churchyard beyond. As you ascend to the second floor, glimpse out over the rooftop to the views of green fields, which are at their best from the delightful second bedroom. This bedroom is ideally situated, complete with a telescope ideally placed for you to fully appreciate the countryside backdrop, or for star gazing in the evening, through the Velux windows.
This idyllically situated, character cottage is the perfect countryside retreat with everything you could need on your doorstep, and ideally placed for touring this beautiful part of Kent.£87Price per night from
- Ashford, EnglandThis pretty self catering holiday cottage in Kent has been renovated to a high standard with oak beams and an open aspect giving it a real feeling of light and space yet with a cosy wood burner to curl up in front of in the colder months. The calm colour scheme and natural coir matting make this a very attractive and charming holiday cottage. A great area for walking, close to the seaside for watersports and Rye for culture, perfect for everyone!
With two beautiful bedrooms nestled in the eaves overlooking open fields and woodland and a living area that opens onto the private garden space, this is a wonderful location to relax and get away from the stresses of daily life, this luxury cottage is perfect for exploring the countryside. Stylishly furnished, this holiday cottage is light and spacious offering a good standard of self catering holiday accommodation. Added to this there is a tennis court which can be used to make your holiday even more fun (by prior arrangement with the owners).£90Price per night from