Dog Friendly Lodges Norfolk
Explore our collection of dog-friendly cottages in Norfolk, featuring fabulous seaside retreats and countryside manors that provide the perfect base for exploring this magnificent part of the country with your canine companion.
Whether you're planning scenic walks around the North Norfolk coast or wanting to head down the Norfolk broads, we've got the best pet friendly cottages for your furry friend.
- North Walsham, EnglandPerfect for families, The Barn has been thoughtfully prepared for its guests, offering an abundance of space to spread out and relax. From the moment you pull into the private, enclosed driveway this grand barn conversion will not disappoint. Perfectly placed on the grounds, with full wrap around garden. Adjacent to a working farm and glorious open Norfolk countryside. The Barn welcomes you home as you step into its spacious entrance, with a direct view across to the grand dining room, the perfect spot to enjoy meals together in hub of this home from home. Offering comforting modern interior, perfectly combined with original exposed beams and natural flooring. Featuring a well-equipped kitchen, utility room and a spacious living room with large comfy sofas to snuggle up in and a wood burner for those chilly winter evenings. There is also a separate games room with a TV and sofa and ground floor separate toilet and stairs leading to the first floor, with four spacious bedrooms, two double and two kingsize rooms both with en-suites. The swimming pool at the adjacent property is available for guests to hire privately (hourly charge applies).
Located just 3 miles north of Wroxham, considered the heart of the Norfolk Broads. The Broadland village of Tunstead is a great spot to explore the Norfolk Boards National Park, with 125 miles of man-made, lock free waterways set in beautiful countryside. With many boat hire companies nearby, pick your vessel and spend the day cruising surrounded by stunning scenery and wildlife. There are picturesque villages to visit and plenty of waterside pubs and eateries to stop off at too. For beach lovers the seaside village of Happisburgh is just a 15-minute drive with sandy dog friendly beach and iconic candy-striped lighthouse. For shoppers, take a trip to the medieval city of Norwich - a shopper’s paradise with an abundance of independent and high street shops, combining modern with historic architecture, with lively restaurants and nightlife. For families with children, Wroxham Barns is worth a visit with junior farm and fun park, local produce shopping for adults or take a day trip to BeWILDerwood which is a curious treehouse adventure. A huge forest of family fun and outdoor adventure.£178From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Saxlingham Thorpe, EnglandThis impressive, detached house stands proudly in two acres of land, which is divided into formal garden and woodland. Furnished to a very good standard by its owner, it creates a relaxing and stylish environment, and with its indoor heated swimming pool, hot tub and sauna, it is a perfect holiday location for family celebrations or a get together, whatever the season. Sandalls Marsh is ideally situated for exploring Norfolk and Suffolk. The historical market towns of Diss, Loddon and Wymondham are well worth a visit, as is the unspoilt North Norfolk Coast, with its pretty coastal villages and glorious beaches. Alternatively, spend a day enjoying the famous Norfolk Broads. Children will love BeWILDerwood, the treetop adventure park. The Suffolk Heritage Coast and the popular seaside towns of Southwold and Lowestoft are less than 30 miles away. The historical city of Norwich is just 6 miles away, with its cathedrals, museums, theatre, excellent shopping and cosmopolitan cafés. Thetford Forest is only 10 miles for adventure walking and cycle routes. Golf and walking are available locally. Beach 25 miles. Shop 3 miles, pub ¼ mile.£294From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Costessey, EnglandWith exclusive use of its own indoor heatedswimming pool, this detached, traditionally-built, single-storey holiday property is located within an area of SSSI along the peaceful backwater of the River Wensum. French doors lead to an enclosed secluded garden terrace, complete with sun loungers and barbecue, with pathway leading to private river frontage with use of seating furniture, rowing boat and canoe, where visitors can enjoy this wonderful backwater to the full, its peace only interrupted by the occasional rowing boat of an angler. The village has two pubs, shops, post office, golf course, snooker hall and extensive country walks.
The city of Norwich is 5 miles for excellent shopping, theatre, castle museum, cathedral, fine restaurants, cafés and bars. Wroxham (10 miles), capital of the Norfolk Broads, offers river trips and daily boat hire to explore the expanse of waterways. A 40-minute drive leads to the Heritage North Norfolk coast, ‘Admiral Nelson’s country’, where there are Blue Flag sandy beaches, extensive salt marshes, RSPB reserves and the coastal path for excellent walking. Boat trips are available all year to visit the basking seals and Blakeney Point nature reserve. Nearby, the stately homes of Holkham and Blickling are amongst the finest in East Anglia. The Royal Sandringham Estate and museum is open to the public when the Royals are not in residence.
The coastal resorts of Cromer and Sheringham offer an array of attractions for all ages, a cliff-top golf course, plenty of shops and restaurants. Still operational, the fishing harbour operates a small fleet of boats to catch succulent fresh lobsters and crabs, which are brought back to be sold locally. Promenade gardens, pier with seasonal live entertainment and the Royal Life Boat Centre can all be found at Cromer. Sheringham is headquarters for the North Norfolk Steam Railway, where during the summer trains travel back and forth along the coast to neighbouring villages. Shop 800 yards.£131From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Horning, EnglandIn the lovely Broads village of Horning, a short walk from shops and riverside pubs, this extremely spacious and comfortable lodge property boasts a fine waterside setting with its own mooring in a small marina leading onto the main River Bure. The first floor balcony is a delightful place to relax and watch the boating activity and wildlife, and visitors can enjoy numerous attractions within a short drive. Scenic excursions on the Bure Valley Railway, the Wroxham Barns craft centre, Bewilderwood adventure park, stately Blickling Hall (NT), lovely sandy beaches and the cathedral city of Norwich with its castle, museums and galleries, cinemas and theatres, excellent shopping and wide choice of restaurants are all easily accessible. Situated within a 2 minute walk to a riverside pub, with village shops and other pubs within a 10-minute walk.£68From price per night based on 7 night stay
- California, EnglandSandy Den is a detached, single-storey holiday chalet situated in California Sands Holiday Park and is ideally situated close to the beach. It is also in a great location for exploring the Norfolk Broads and Great Yarmouth with its traditional seaside attractions. On site there is a good selection of facilties including a café, minimarket, amusements, fish and chip shop, pizza takeaway bar, laundrette and family clubhouse. There is also an indoor heated swimming pool. There are plenty of activities for all the family to enjoy in this area, such as walking, cycling and fishing which are all available locally. Sandy Den is fantastic for active holiday makers and families who are looking for plenty to do. Beach 500 yards. Shop and restaurant 50 yards, pub 500 yards.£46From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Great Yarmouth, EnglandThis imposing hall, yet completely unpretentious, welcomes larger families wanting to enjoy a relaxing holiday together. Reedham Old Hall dates back to 1775 filled with Georgian grandeur, nestled within gardens stretching to approximately 2 acres, having your very own outdoor heated swimming pool (seasonal opening middle May to September), extensive decking area with barbecue, garden kitchen, seating area, tennis court, perfect for competitive family tournaments.
Set over three storeys to include seven bedrooms, versatile reception rooms to offer plenty of space for the family to enjoy together, celebrate and dine in style, or slip away to quietly relax. There is a large kitchen with Aga and separate ovens and hob, perfect for preparing any family feast. History documents a house on the site since at least the Domesday Book, recording the Lordship was given to Richard De Reedham, a follower of William the Conqueror. Step into the reception hall having an impressive Georgian curved staircase. A formal dining room/music room with baby grand piano, wood floors, high ceilings, large dual aspect windows provide an abundance of light and garden views. The grandeur of the living room is the first thing to notice on entering, with wood floors, ornate fireplace and wood burner, large sash windows that frame the pretty church standing opposite, and French doors to garden. The kitchen/breakfast room offers plenty of space. Well-equipped offering plenty of worktop preparation area, cupboards, a breakfast bar, Butler sink, built-in electric double oven and hob, an Aga for relaxed cooking, and dining/breakfast area, perfect for informal dining, with feature fireplace and wood burner. The sweeping staircase leads to an impressive galleried landing with master double bedroom and en-suite bathroom, four more generous sized bedrooms and large family bathroom. Staircase leads to second floor landing, two further bedrooms, one with en-suite facility and games room.
Nestled in pretty countryside, 1-mile distant of the conservation village of Reedham, gateway to the Norfolk Broads National Park. Explore the miles of waterways, rich in wildlife, and fishing opportunities. Village of Reedham is located alongside River Yare, having a deli, local brewery, three welcoming public houses, serving food. Daily boat hire, kayaking, canoeing, paddle boarding hire and tuition available locally. The village train station offers service to city of Norwich, seaside resorts of Great Yarmouth, and Lowestoft. Reedham Chain Ferry offers vehicle, cycle, and pedestrian transport across the River Yare for easy access to Beccles and heritage Suffolk Coast. A short walk is Pettits Animal and Adventure Park. Village of Acle, 15 minutes’ drive, for supermarket, shops, café, vets, and pub. City of Norwich, 15 miles, for excellent shopping, two indoor shopping malls, market square, theatre, restaurants, cafés, pubs, galleries, cinema complex, cathedral, and castle museum. Great walking, cycling and bird watching available on doorstep. Seaside resorts of Gorleston on Sea and Great Yarmouth 30 minutes’ drive. Wroxham, the capital of the Norfolk Broads, for waterside restaurants, pubs, cafés, shops, daily boat hire and river trips. Excellent sandy beaches backed by dunes at Winterton on Sea, Horsey, and Waxham 35 minutes’ drive. Sandy beach 10 miles. Pubs and restaurants 1 mile.£534From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Hunstanton, EnglandA very warm welcome awaits at the home of the Campbell family. Set in the heart of a 1200-acre farming and shooting estate in a beautiful north Norfolk valley, The West Wing offers a beautiful, secluded location in which to holiday, celebrate or entertain.
Sedgeford Hall, built of local sand-coloured brick was built in the reign of Queen Anne, and completed in 1713, with further additions throughout the centuries; it now includes a heated indoor swimming pool, open fires and wood-burning stoves for the colder winter months, beautiful enclosed gardens and numerous Estate walks, with lakes, woods and parkland to explore.
Sedgeford is just a few miles from the coast and close to splendid towns and villages such as Burnham Market and Brancaster, and several stately homes with lovely places to walk - Houghton Hall, Holkham Hall and The Sandringham Estate; the Queen’s Christmas residence.
Just 5 miles to the north is the seaside town of Hunstanton with miles of sandy beaches and rock pools, majestic cliffs, a Sea Life Centre, amusemens, watersports, tennis, croquet, bowls, golf, shops, restaurants and inns. Heacham, 3 miles, has the benefit of Norfolk Lavender with garden centre, shops, café and farm shop. For children, there is the popular ‘Farmer Fred’s Play Barn’ a large indoor play centre with café and an animal petting zoo! Great Bircham is a 4-mile walk, and the Peddars Way and Icknield Way are also close by. Locally there is shooting, fishing, bird watching and golf as well as many stunning beaches along the North Norfolk coast. Shop 4 miles, pub serving food ½ mile
These properties can be booked together to accommodate up to 41 guests.£306From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Wisbech, EnglandThis charming semi-detached, single-storey annex is resting on the outskirts of Upwell, Norfolk. Hot tub. Sauna. Swimming pool. Pet-friendly. Off-road parking. Ground-floor living. Wisbech 7.8 miles; King's Lynn 20 miles; Peterborough 27.2 miles.£79From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Wisbech, EnglandPeacefully nestled within 150 acres of beautifully landscaped grounds of the Tydd St Giles Country Club, benefiting from on-site leisure amenities. Situated on the Lincolnshire and Cambridgeshire borders just 15 minutes from Kings Lynn and the gateway to North Norfolk, having amazing sandy beach coastline.
Standing detached, boasting open plan and comfortably furnished interior, enjoying views across the smaller lake. There is a private decked seating area simply perfect for alfresco dining and enjoying drinks. The kitchen is well equipped to allow opportunity to prepare all your own meals, and for those wishing to dine out, you have on-site restaurant and plenty of eateries within the surrounding local area.
The park has great facilities (day rates are chargeable by the park and booking strongly advised during school holiday periods) including indoor heated swimming pool, sauna, steam, celebrated 18 hole golf course, fully equipped gym and the Clubhouse bar and restaurant. The lake is a great spot for a walk or just relax and enjoy the visiting birdlife.£55From price per night based on 7 night stay