Dog Friendly Lodges North Yorkshire
The North Yorkshire Moors in God's own county has some of the best walks and scenery in the country. From the highest pub in the country to the Yorkshire Three Peaks, rolling hills and ancient woodland are tempting enough to make North Yorkshire one of the best destinations for a dog friendly holiday.
We've got some of best dog friendly cottages in the North York Moors and national park so you can explore to your heart's content.
- Filey, England22 Sea is a beautifully presented end of terrace house nestled in a quiet corner of ‘The Bay’, a purpose built holiday village overlooking Filey bay on the picturesque North Yorkshire coastline. With open plan living, and stunning full height windows providing access to a first floor balcony.
Step inside and discover open plan living at its best.
The sitting room features large deep filled sofas placed around a traditional wood burning stove; ideal for cooler winter months. Here you can relax and unwind after a long day at the beach whilst catching up on your favourite holiday movie. The modern kitchen sits to one side and the appliances include both a washer/dryer and dishwasher. The dining table provides plenty of seating for six and is ideally placed to enjoy a family breakfast or delicious home cooked evening meal.
Two sets of bi-fold doors provide access to a covered patio area and flood the room with natural light. An understairs cupboard provides space for storage and a WC completes the ground floor accommodation.
Take the stairs to the first floor and you will find two stunning and spacious bedrooms, a kingsize double and a double room with traditional bunk beds. Both bedrooms offer the ’wow’ factor with vaulted ceilings and full height cathedral windows which open up to provide access to a full length, south facing balcony with lovely views across the holiday park. Here you can sit and enjoy an early morning coffee or perhaps a relaxing glass of wine after a busy day.
Completing the interior is a spacious bathroom, featuring a shower over bath.
Outside of the house is a covered patio area with a table and chairs and a brick-built BBQ; a real sun trap which can be accessed from the open plan living area. A peaceful and secluded spot to sit and relax (not enclosed). This holiday home welcomes dogs and there are miles of dog-friendly beaches to explore and also a meadow for them to enjoy.
The Bay has many facilities to make your stay enjoyable including a coffee shop, convenience store, pharmacy, and the John Paul Jones family pub and restaurant. It also boasts a leisure complex comprising of an indoor, heated swimming pool, sauna, steam room and gym. You can also enjoy a game of tennis or hone your archery skills (additional charges apply).
Just a short drive away is the traditional seaside town of Filey where you can find a plethora of tea rooms, restaurants and pubs alongside amusement arcades and shops selling holiday essentials such as buckets and spades! This beautiful part of North Yorkshire offers something for everyone including miles of cycle routes and footpaths to explore including the breathtaking cliffs at Flamborough Headland. For golf fans enjoy a round on the beautiful Bridlington Links Golf Course. A little further afield is the North Yorkshire Moors National Park, the historic City of York and the birthplace of Captain James Cook, Whitby. This holiday home is a must for your Yorkshire seaside break. Beach 1 mile.£88Price per night from
- Filey, EnglandFiley Hideaway can be found nestled in a quiet corner of the popular holiday village The Bay, just a short drive from the traditional seaside town of Filey on the stunning North Yorkshire coastline. This first floor apartment is the ideal base for a couple or a small family to explore this unspoilt area of Yorkshire. Enter into the apartment and find a spacious hallway. Leading off from here is the large open plan living area. The modern kitchen sits to one end and offers a host of modern appliances including an electric oven and hob, dishwasher and washer/dryer. There is plenty of storage for your holiday essentials and oodles of work top where you can prepare a picnic to enjoy on the beach or a delicious home cooked evening meal. The dining table sits to one side and provides plenty of seating for three. The deep filled sofa is ideally placed to snuggle up on during the evening to enjoy a movie on the large TV. The sofa doubles up as a bed settee, ideal for a child. After a long day exploring retire to the double bedroom and enjoy a late night film. Across the hall is a smart bathroom with a large tub and overhead shower. Ideal for a long and lazy soak or a quick shower before heading out.
Visitors to Filey Hideaway can enjoy the on-site swimming pool or challenge friends to a quick game of tennis. There is even an archery centre where you can test your skills. The Bay also offers a chemist, shop and their own pub – The John Paul Jones. Here you can relax and enjoy a glass of wine or real ale or perhaps treat yourselves to a delicious meal out. A short walk will bring you to The Bay Beach where you will find miles of golden sands. From here you can walk into the traditional seaside town of Filey or along the coast to Bridlington. This area provides some wonderful walking and bird watching opportunities at the incredible RSPB Bempton Cliffs or perhaps enjoy an awe-inspiring walk along the Flamborough Headland Heritage Coast. There are a number of golf courses close to hand as well as the Filey Bird Garden and Animal Park. In under an hour, you can be enjoying the cobbled streets within the historic City of York, exploring the rugged beauty of the North York Moors National Park or enjoying the culture in the City of Hull. Filey Hideaway is the perfect holiday home for your Yorkshire break.£60Price per night from
- Filey, EnglandModern first floor apartment on The Bay holiday village near Filey. Superb on-site facilities, including swimming pool, spa, gym and outdoor pursuits. Direct access to wonderful expansive beach. Filey 3 miles.£69Price per night from
- Filey, EnglandModern first floor apartment on The Bay holiday village near Filey. Excellent on-site facilities, including swimming pool, gym, bike hire, pub and cafe. Direct access to wonderful Blue Flag beach. Filey 3 miles.£51Price per night from
- Filey, EnglandA terraced cottage resting on The Bay Holiday Park near to the village of Filey in North Yorkshire. Open plan. Close to the beach. Pet friendly. Scarborough 7.5 miles; Bridlington 11 miles.£52Price per night from
- Glaisdale, EnglandDating back to the 1700s and affording breathtaking views across the valley, these award-winning former barns simply ooze character. Each of the three holiday cottages has its unique charm and offers a peaceful break away from the rigours of everyday life. Set in the grounds of the owners’ farmhouse B & B, each has its own patio area and the use of a shared adult games room with snooker table (under 16s strictly under adult supervision). There is also a shared indoor heated 18m swimming pool, gym and steam room at this accommodation, available for £35 per person (all ages), per week, payable locally (slippers are provided to wear in the pool area). Over 1½ acres of grounds boast secluded sitting-out areas dotted around the duck pond. Ideally located for exploring the North York Moors National Park, the Heritage Coast and the many quaint little villages tucked away in the valleys. A leisurely 8 mile drive brings you to historic Whitby. In the glorious Esk Valley, near the NYM Steam Railway and Heartbeat villages of Grosmont and Goathland. Visit the fishing villages of Robin Hood’s Bay, Runswick Bay and Staithes, the market towns of Pickering, Kirkbymoorside and Helmsley, or just enjoy the tranquillity of Red House Farm with its cows and free-roaming hens. Excellent walks from the doorstep. Riding and bridleways locally. Shop 500 yards, pub ¾ mile.£92Price per night from
- Glaisdale, EnglandDating back to the 1700s and affording breathtaking views across the valley, these award-winning former barns simply ooze character. Each of the three holiday cottages has its unique charm and offers a peaceful break away from the rigours of everyday life. Set in the grounds of the owners’ farmhouse B & B, each has its own patio area and the use of a shared adult games room with snooker table (under 16s strictly under adult supervision). There is also a shared indoor heated 18m swimming pool, gym and steam room at this accommodation, available for £35 per person (all ages), per week, payable locally (slippers are provided to wear in the pool area). Over 1½ acres of grounds boast secluded sitting-out areas dotted around the duck pond. Ideally located for exploring the North York Moors National Park, the Heritage Coast and the many quaint little villages tucked away in the valleys. A leisurely 8 mile drive brings you to historic Whitby. In the glorious Esk Valley, near the NYM Steam Railway and Heartbeat villages of Grosmont and Goathland. Visit the fishing villages of Robin Hood’s Bay, Runswick Bay and Staithes, the market towns of Pickering, Kirkbymoorside and Helmsley, or just enjoy the tranquillity of Red House Farm with its cows and free-roaming hens. Excellent walks from the doorstep. Riding and bridleways locally. Shop 500 yards, pub ¾ mile.£91Price per night from
- Great Edstone, EnglandThis holiday cottage is in a magnificent location for a combined seaside and country holiday. Secluded and tranquil, guests are free to explore the woodland walk and the area is home to a variety of wildlife - including wild deer, owls, and hares just to name a few. The property is set on a small traditional organic farm which grows vegetables and organic soft fruit. Guests are welcome to purchase the organic products grown here directly from the friendly owners.The property is environmentally friendly, heated by a unique wood-burning/solar heating system, and many of the practices throughout the farm and property use natural resources for their day-to-day running. An indoor heated swimming pool, sauna and hard tennis court shared between other properties, a small gym, as well as a children’s play area complete the facilities on offer.
The beautiful North York Moors are a delight to explore either on foot or by car, or alternatively, the steam railway runs along stunning scenery through many unspoilt villages including Goathland (Aidensfield in the television series ’Heartbeat’). The coast is easily accessible, 45 minutes away, and the popular seaside resorts of Scarborough and Whitby are delights not to be missed. The quaint cobbled streets of Robin Hood’s Bay, once a favourite haunt with smugglers, will keep children and adults entertained for hours with its shoreline full of strange and colourful pebbles. Castle Howard is within easy driving distance, and Flamingo Land (a popular theme park and zoo) is well worth the visit. The market town of Helmsley is just 6 miles away and has shops and inns as well as walled gardens.
Many National Trust and English Heritage properties can be found within a 15-mile radius, including Nunnington Hall, Byland Abbey and Duncomb Park, to name but a few. The ancient city of York is but a 45-minute drive. Excellent walking can be found from the doorstep. The cottage combines country living yet is close enough to the coast to keep any visitor happy, whatever time of year it is the perfect place in which to relax and unwind.£151Price per night from
- Scarborough, EnglandFeaturing its own indoor heatedswimming pool, this spacious attractive house with surrounding garden, stands in a hamlet on the edge of the Yorkshire Wolds. Well equipped and comfortable, it boasts spacious rooms and all modern comforts, making a superb family holiday base.
Just 10 miles away to the east lies the wonderful North Yorkshire coastline. Filey has a wide sandy beach which shelves gently into the sea, whilst the resort of Scarborough, popular with families, offers an excellent choice of restaurants and a theatre. Scarborough is also home to the biggest, fastest and funniest waterpark in the UK, Alpamare Waterpark, ideal for serious adrenaline junkies and is fun for all the family with space to relax and unwind. Magnificent Flamborough Head with its bird sanctuary is 18 miles. The historic sea port of Whitby (25 miles), where the legendary Captain Cook learned his trade, has a beautiful marina. The old town is a jumble of narrow streets, with ancient houses and little craft shops, and above the town, high on a headland, are the jagged ruins of Whitby Abbey, still an impressive sight. The Spital Craft Centre in Staxton, 2 miles, serves up a lovely Sunday carvery, and features Victorian streets with hairdressers, a beauty shop, village store, deli bakery and a tearoom. It’s open everyday and there is free parking. Almost opposite the craft centre is an award-winning fish restaurant which also provides takeaways.
Inland is the market town of Malton, where a museum houses finds from the Roman camp which once stood here. Five miles to the west, Castle Howard, one of England’s grandest houses, is well worth a visit. Surrounded by magnificent parkland, it contains fine furniture and paintings, as well as Britain’s largest private collection of dress from the 17th-century to the present day. The attractive town of Pickering at the southern foot of the moors, is home to the North Yorkshire Moors Steam Railway, which travels across Heartbeat country. The city of York can be reached in an hour or so, with its superb museums, excellent shops and splendid minster. Flamingo Land and Ayton Castle are also nearby. There is an excellent golf course at Ganton (2 miles) and first-class riding stables at Snainton (7 miles). Good pubs and restaurants can be found in the surrounding villages and there is a farm shop in Potter Brompton and another one just 1 mile away. Village shop 1 mile, supermarket 3 miles.£200Price per night from
- Filey, EnglandModern end-terraced cottage near Filey. Bright spacious accommodation on holiday development. Well-equipped and comfortable. Extensive on-site leisure facilities including swimming pool, tennis courts and gym. Beach 15 mins walk. Filey 3 miles.£53Price per night from