Home to breathtaking skylines full of spires and domes, beautiful countryside, lush meadows, and some of the most picturesque rivers in England, Oxfordshire is a simply wonderful place to visit. Perfect for a dog-friendly escape, you can take pooch for a stroll through the cobbled Cotswolds villages, discover the heritage of Oxford, or explore the stunning scenery of the Chiltern Hills.
- Church Enstone, EnglandLocated in the charming village of Church Enstone, this traditional family country bolthole built in the late 1800s is set in a beautiful large garden close to the popular village pub. It is ideal for families and couples alike wanting to get away from it all in this quiet setting but situated only 5 miles from Chipping Norton, a popular market town. This is a great place to stay to explore the typically English countryside that is the Cotswolds with its quaint villages and open views. For larger towns and cities, you can visit Oxford, Banbury and Stratford-upon-Avon which are all a short distance away. This area is also ideal for walking and cycling and visiting the many historic gardens, houses and ancient sites of the National Trust. Shop ¾ mile, pub 100 yards and restaurant 5 miles.£102Price per night from
- Mill Ln, EnglandThis stone built semi-detached cottage has been renovated to a luxurious standard and is situated within The Bartons just 6 miles from Chipping Norton. This beautiful holiday cottage is tucked away down a pretty lane which leads to a ford at the end. The owners live close to this charming cottage which has lots of character, and is perfect for all year round holidays. There is a cosy and warming inglenook fireplace with wood-burning stove to snuggle in front of on a chilly evening. The living room has French windows and window seats so you can enjoy overlooking the garden after a day’s exploring. The kitchen is equipped with most appliances and is tastefully furnished to a very good standard. The first floor landing has French doors opening to a balcony with steps leading down to the garden, all adding to its charm and character.
There is a wealth of country walks on your doorstep and many pretty, typically English towns and villages in the Cotswolds to explore. Within a short driving distance is Chipping Norton, Woodstock with Blenheim Palace, Moreton-in-Marsh and Stow-on-the-Wold. A little further is Shakespeare’s town of Stratford-upon-Avon with its theatre, great restaurants and shops. Other leisure activities in the area include golf and the theatre and museums in Oxford. Shop ½ mile, pub ¼ mile and restaurant 2 miles.£128Price per night from
- Witney, England
A 200-year-old Cotswold stone hunting lodge nestled on the edge of the gentle River Evenlode, dog-friendly Water Meadow Cottage in Oxfordshire is a delightful stay.£438Price per night from
- Chipping Norton, EnglandA taste of Cotswold country life awaits you at this stunning and spacious and rural traditional farm house. This property gives you ample space for couples, friends and small families looking for relaxing, unwinding and taking in the beautiful scenery. Surrounded by the ever changing rolling countryside and with sheep, cattle and pigs as your neighbours, you’ll enjoy visiting at anytime of the year.
The traditional farmhouse kitchen provides a great space for enjoying a special meal and socialising together or spend time in front of the cosy wood burner in the living reminiscing about your days adventures in the Cotswolds. The ground floor games room is a great place to get competitive and outside you are treated to a split-level garden with views over the fields and countryside beyond.
Situated in the heart of Cotswolds, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, you’ll be spoilt of places to visit during your stay. All within approximately 20 minutes’ drive will take you to the ‘picture postcard’ towns and villages of Burford, Stow-on-the-Wold, Bourton-on-the-Water, Chipping Norton and Moreton-in-Marsh. All have their own charm and character and boasts an array of independent shops, restaurants, pubs, cafés and tourist attractions including Birdland, Model Village, Cotswold Brewing Company and Cotswold Farm Park. Kingham is 5 miles and every August hosts the renowned Big Festival, a three day food orientated event. Slightly further afield, you will find Cheltenham with its famous race course, Shakespeare’s Stratford-upon-Avon, the historic university city of Oxford and Bicester, with its large designer outlet shopping village and Blenheim Palace.£269Price per night from
- Dean, EnglandSituated in the Cotswolds AONB, close by to the historic market town of Chipping Norton, South View Cottage is the ideal location for a fabulous walking holiday. In the heart of Dean, just a couple of miles from the pretty village of Chadlington, South View Cottage is the wing of a larger property, set in miles of beautiful countryside surrounded by an abundance of footpaths, cycle paths and bridleways that are a must for walkers, ramblers and cyclists. Shop 1½ miles, pub and restaurant 3 miles.£67Price per night from
- Banbury, England
In a picturesque village surrounded by open countryside, dog-friendly holiday home Monastery Barn enjoys a prime position between Banbury in Oxfordshire and Chipping Norton in the Cotswolds.£261Price per night from
- Banbury, EnglandThis charming, Grade II listed cottage dates back to the 17th century and was formerly a sweet shop. Now having been lovingly restored to a good standard, the cottage still retains a wealth of character, with an inglenook fireplace, beams and stone walls but boasting comforts to give you that home from home experience. There is also a games/playroom with a games console to keep the younger guests entertained. The property will be decorated for guests staying over the festive period.
Perfectly situated in the heart of the picturesque village of Hook Norton, on the edge of the beautiful Cotswolds, with superb walks right from the doorstep and excellent local amenities, all within walking distance, including a local parish church, library and well-stocked general store. There are two public houses within walking distance, both serving food and where you can sample the locally made beer from Hook Norton Brewery. The Victorian brewery is also a lovely day out for guests with guided tours being offered, free beer samples and a visitors centre. The village is just a short distance from the market town of Chipping Norton where you can explore several antique shops, and a wide selection of coffee shops, restaurants and pubs. A short drive will take you to Blenheim Palace at Woodstock, Shakespeare’s Stratford-upon-Avon and Oxford, known as the ’city of dreaming spires’. There are plenty of opportunities for guests to travel a little further and visit one of the many Cotswold towns such as Stow-on-the-Wold, Bourton-on-the-Water or Morton-in-Marsh. Whilst in Stow pop into the gorgeous Daylesford farm shop owned by Lady Bamford. The designer outlet village at Bicester is also worth a day out for those guests who enjoy some retail therapy, and the cottage is also only 8 miles from the exclusive soho farmhouse in Great Tew. Shop and pub 500 yards, restaurant 5 miles.£128Price per night from
- Chipping Norton, EnglandA quality terraced barn conversion, close to Chipping Norton, with a private patio, stunning open plan living area. Woodburner. Pet-friendly. WiFi.£69Price per night from
- Burford, EnglandA stone-built dwelling situated within the centre of Burford. Pet-friendly. WiFi. Woodburning fire. Oxford 20 miles.£102Price per night from
- Witney, EnglandA luxury, reverse-level, Grade II listed cottage in High Cogges near Witney. Open-plan living room. Woodburning stove. Woodland area with fire pit and treehouse. Witney 2 miles; Oxford 11.9 miles; Bourton-on-the-Water 21.4 miles.£152Price per night from