Dog Friendly Lodges Somerset
Head to the South West and Somerset for some of the most luscious landscapes and historical cities in the UK. Explore the beautiful city of Bath - perfect for any Bridgerton fans - with its historical buildings and beautiful gardens. Or head to the dog friendly beaches at Minehead and Weston Super Mare. With some beautiful countryside, the Quantock Hills and popular attractions like Frome and Bridgwater, Somerset makes a pawsome retreat for any dog owner.
- Bathealton, EnglandTucked away in rural Somerset on the edge of Exmoor, down a private track in 15 acres, this detached barn conversion, decorated and furnished to a very high standard, has an indoor heated swimming pool and games room. Enjoy walks from the door, or in the private grounds.
Minehead is just 15 miles away, where visitors can enjoy golf, tennis, the West Somerset Railway and lovely sandy beaches. The county town of Taunton offers shopping, restaurants and entertainment. Nature can be seen at its best within the wonderfully unspoilt and peaceful Exmoor National Park, which is among the UK’s greatest Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty. In this stunning landscape, wildlife lovers can observe majestic red deer, Exmoor ponies and hundreds of different species of birds. There are ancient wooded valleys with magical waterfalls, a dramatic coastline with secluded beaches and miles of open moorland. The medieval village of Dunster is nearby, with its NT castle and terraced gardens. Activities to enjoy locally include horse riding, fishing, bird watching, water sports and cycling. Within easy driving distance are Cheddar Gorge, Wookey Hole, Wells, Glastonbury, Yeovilton Fleet Air Arm Museum and Haynes Motor Museum. Shops and gastro pub 2 miles.£106From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Minehead, EnglandA superb detached converted woodshed in a remote region of Devon. Dog friendly. WiFi. Stables and dog kennels available. Use of large indoor heated swimming pool by arrangement with the owners.Fishing lake. Withypool 5.6 miles.£72From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Watchet, EnglandSuperb hi-spec spacious barn conversion in village location near coast. Luxurious style with most bedrooms en-suite, private swimming pool, hot tub, sauna, games room. Off road parking. WiFi. Minehead 6 miles.£1060From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Frome, England’Spacious, fully refurbished throughout, well-equipped cottages...with an idyllic rural setting amidst a chorus of wildlife’
Conveniently located for Longleat, Bath and the Mendip Hills and Gorges, Moorleaze nestles on the border of Somerset with Dorset and Wiltshire. Enjoying a tranquil setting with stunning views all around, it provides the perfect retreat at any time of year. Built from local stone and boasting every modern convenience, the cottages offer spacious and superbly fitted accommodation, presented to 5 Star standards. The 40-acre grounds include farmland, woodland, orchard and two lakes, whilst the glorious views encompass fields and gently wooded hills. A haven for wildlife, deer and hares abound, often coming within yards of the cottages. Buzzards, kestrels, tawny and barn owls, pheasants, swallows and many other species nest here. The lower lake is stocked with carp, tame enough to feed from guests’ hands - so no fishing! The idyllic village of Witham Friary, complete with an unspoiled pub and children’s playground is a few minutes’ stroll and found fame as the setting for the TV series Building the Dream.
Benefiting from its countryside setting, Moorleaze also affords easy access all year round and is within a short driving distance of many famous locations. Longleat is close by, as are Wookey Hole and the Yeovilton Aircraft and Haynes Motor Museums. Bath, designated a World Heritage Site, boasts many delights including the Roman Baths. Nearby Frome has even more listed buildings than Bath and hosts a renowned arts and music festival in early July. Salisbury, Wells, Glastonbury, Stonehenge and Avebury are also popular places to visit from Moorleaze. NT properties include the incomparable Stourhead, just minutes away. Walkers are spoilt for choice, from the local countryside to the splendour of the Mendips, including Cheddar Gorge. With its magnificent indoor pool, games room, tennis court, climbing frame and idyllic setting, The Sunday Times described Moorleaze as
’a sure-fire child pleaser’, and it’s just as popular with adults, an ideal break at any time of the year. The village pub is within walking distance. Shops 6 miles.£239From price per night based on 7 night stay
- EnglandWelcome to TH Hollow, a beautiful single storey stable conversion in the heart of the Somerset countryside at the foot of the Quantock Hills. Completed in 2021 and finished to a high standard, there is a central open plan living/dining/kitchen which has a fabulous, vaulted ceiling, comfortable furnishings and comes fully equipped with everything you need for the perfect stay. The kitchen area has electric hob and oven, dishwasher, microwave and fridge while the living area has a 43” Smart TV, perfect for relaxing of an evening.
The bedrooms lead off from the central living area with the master having a king-sized bed and bedroom two having a single bed. The large wet room has non-slip flooring, heated towel rail and shower. From bedroom two you have direct access to the Gym with cross trainer, Sauna and further shower room. Ease of access here has been carefully considered, with ramps leading in from both the front and rear entrances as well as wider doors inside, making this wonderful holiday home suitable for all abilities. To the rear is a large, enclosed courtyard with garden furniture (through access may occasionally be required by the gardener for grounds maintenance) and access from here to the utility area with washing machine and bike store.
TH Hollow also has exclusive use of the owner’s fantastic hot tub, covered heated swimming pool and tennis court at pre-arranged times (9am -1pm unless otherwise agreed with owner). Please note that the swimming pool is available from Mid-April until Mid-October. Your four-legged family members are welcome here also and have use of the owners fenced dog walking paddock, the perfect spot to soak up the views while your dogs run off some energy!
Set just outside of the village of Bishops Lydeard, with its village pubs and local store as well as access to the brilliant West Somerset Steam Railway, a great way to see not just the countryside but also the coast while you chug merrily along to Minehead. Alight here and spend the day exploring the shops, restaurants and beach. The county town of Taunton is easily reachable within 15 minutes or head over to Exmoor and explore the wonderful villages, walk over the moors and have a cream tea in one of the many tea shops on route. Beach 12 miles.£73From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Chard, EnglandOld Orchard Barn - The Annexe is a beautiful converted property in the heart of Buckland St Mary, a gorgeous Somerset village, yet within easy access to the A303. Inside it has been lovingly converted as a relaxing holiday retreat for two to feature a cosy living area with electric wood burner and Smart TV, although with the large windows gazing out over the rolling fields you may never need to switch it on! The living room is open plan with the kitchen although this is up a step, giving it a slightly separate feel. The kitchen is well-equipped with an oven, hob, microwave and fridge/freezer, and there is a wonderful dining area making the most of the views. Into the bedroom you have an oak kingsize bed with bamboo mattress, Egyptian cotton bedding and an oak dressing table, as well as a hanging area for your clothes, off the bedroom there is a fabulously colourful en-suite with shower cubicle. Outside there is a private garden area with seating and views, perfect for a glass of wine as the sun goes down, there is also a private outdoor swimming pool available from 10am until 4pm (May-Sep only) and shared use of the tennis court - bring your own tennis rackets and tennis shoes (white soles only).
The property is located within the Blackdown Hills - an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, on the Somerset, Devon and Dorset border. There are some beautiful walks in the area, and a Covid-19 secure country public house less than ½ mile away, as well as an Italian restaurant ½ mile in the other direction.
It is set between the market town of Chard, with its shops and museums, and the larger county town of Taunton with its bustling shopping centre, restaurants, bars and entertainment facilities. There are many tourist attractions to visit, from woodland walks to National Trust estates such as Barrington Court and Montacute House. The Quantocks and Exmoor National Park are within easy driving, and for a trip back in time, travel from Taunton along the West Somerset Steam Railway to Minehead.
Further afield you have the Jurassic Coast beaches of Lyme Regis and West Bay, as well as some of Somerset’s great places to visit. Guests can drive to Glastonbury Tor for an exhilarating walk to the top with some magnificent views of Somerset, perhaps calling in at The Clarkes Factory Village and Wells Cathedral and Palace, or head into the other direction into Devon and visit the city of Exeter and have lunch on the quays! Beach 15 miles. Shop 5 miles, pub and restaurant 1 mile.£42From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Frome, EnglandStep inside this stunning converted Grain Store, completed to a high standard with an ‘eco’ project in mind, with 2 acres of gardens and swimming pool. Entering this unique property you will notice the polished concrete floor with underfloor heating, full height windows with views of the beautiful countryside.
Inside the open plan accommodation, there is a large dining room table, perfect for all the family to enjoy, a cosy seating area with comfy sofas around the stunning rotating wood burner, or if you fancy a game of snooker or pool there is a small table to enjoy a game. There is also a Smart TV. French doors lead out to the front patio, which is enclosed and secluded, the perfect place to make use of the firepit or for the dogs to enjoy. The kitchen has been tastefully completed keeping the ‘eco’ feel with a breakfast area, fridge freezer, washing machine and dishwasher. Also on the ground floor is a bedroom with kingsize bed and day bed. A wet room can also be found on the ground floor.
Upstairs on the first floor is the master bedroom which has a kingsize bed and Smart TV with stunning views across the rear garden and swimming pool. Bedroom 2 has a double bed, 2 single beds and a children’s play area with various toys and books. The family bathroom is on the first floor with a bath and shower attachment. Alongside The Grain Store is a small separate lodge, where you will find a double and single bed, alongside a shower room, ideal for members of the family wanting a little more privacy or accommodating extra guests.
Outside are 2 acres of gardens where the whole family can relax, enjoy the walks around the stunning gardens or explore the wonderful countryside. A natural swimming pool is directly next door to the property, of which guests have private use, alongside a wildlife pond nestled under weeping willow trees, a tree house, paddocks and a lawned garden. There is enough land to enjoy outside living on site with seating areas on 3 terraces, fire pits, exploratory walks around the land, a dog exercise area as well as a right of way greenlane that grants access to walks in the woods of Penselwood, from the wonky garden gate. This is a peaceful haven yet close to the trendy towns of Bruton, Wincanton and the amenities offered by local bigger towns such as Shaftsbury, Gillingham and Frome, Bath and Glastonbury. There is a local pub within 5 minutes walking distance via the road or woodlands walk. Underfloor heating, heat exchanger air circulation, solar hot water and wood burners in the living room and kitchen are all in keeping with this Eco property.£335From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Wells, EnglandWelcome to Mow Barton, a stunning 3-bedroom holiday home set on the beautiful Wellesley Park Estate, surrounded by countryside yet only a 25-minute walk to the city of Wells.
This fabulous home, set all on one floor, has an open plan lounge, dining and kitchen area with vaulted ceiling and huge floor to ceiling windows that let in the light, and look over the garden to the fields beyond. Speakers in the ceiling, connected to Spotify, allow you to play music throughout the living areas, while statement and mood lighting gives an ambience for any time of day. The high-end kitchen is fully equipped with American fridge/freezer, wine cooler, double ovens, steam oven, microwave, induction hob, washing machine and tumble dryer. A wonderful island opens the kitchen up to the dining area, with large dining table, which leads to the lounge area with large L shape sofa, Smart TV and gorgeous views. The master bedroom has a kingsize bed with en-suite shower room, bedroom 2 has a double bed, and bedroom 3 has a kingsize bed which can be turned into twins, giving you flexible sleeping arrangements depending on your party. The main bathroom has a shower over the bath.
Outside, you have a wonderful large terrace seating area with L shaped garden furniture and a lawned area. Mow Barton has the huge bonus of access to Wellesley Park’s fabulous leisure complex, with a fantastic indoor heated swimming pool, sauna and steam room, gym, library and outdoor tennis court. All of these are bookable for private use with booking slots and are included in the price of your stay. Set just 2 miles from the smallest city in the UK, Wells, which can be reached on foot in just 25 minutes and has an array of shops, bars and restaurants for you to enjoy. The Mendip Hills area of outstanding natural beauty can be reached on foot also for fabulous walks. Slightly further afield you have the ancient historic town of Glastonbury, famous for both its music festival and its Tor, it has a rich history to explore and uncover. The larger city of Bath can be reached in under an hour by car and there are plenty of national trust properties nearby to visit and enjoy.£115From price per night based on 7 night stay