Dog Friendly Lodges Somerset
Head to the South West and Somerset for some of the most luscious landscapes and historical cities in the UK. Explore the beautiful city of Bath - perfect for any Bridgerton fans - with its historical buildings and beautiful gardens. Or head to the dog friendly beaches at Minehead and Weston Super Mare. With some beautiful countryside, the Quantock Hills and popular attractions like Frome and Bridgwater, Somerset makes a pawsome retreat for any dog owner.
- Watchet, EnglandLocated in the middle of the ancient coastal town of Watchet, this semi-detached cottage, in a new mews development, offers a convenient base for a holiday. Enjoy the harbour, marina and the steam trains of the West Somerset Railway. There is superb scenery and walkways on the South West Coastal Path or inland on the wild and rugged area of Exmoor. The Victorian villages of Lynmouth and Lynton, famous for the Watermeet Gorge, Valley of the Rocks and the funicular cliff railway are close by. Visit the medieval Dunster Castle with its terraced gardens or the sandy beaches at Dunster and Blue Anchor. Shop, pub and restaurant 50 yards.
Located right in the middle of the ancient coastal town of Watchet, this semi-detached cottage, in a new mews development, offers a convenient, comfortable base for a holiday enjoying all this area has to offer. Enjoy the harbour, marina and the steam trains of the West Somerset Railway. There is superb scenery and walkways on the South West Coastal Path or inland on the wild and rugged area of Exmoor. The Victorian villages of Lynmouth and Lynton, famous for the Watermeet Gorge, Valley of the Rocks and the funicular cliff railway are close by. Visit the enchanting medieval Dunster Castle with its beautiful terraced gardens or the sandy beaches at Dunster and Blue Anchor. Golf can be found nearby. Shop, pub and restaurant 50 yards.£51Price per night from
- Colerne, EnglandThese attractive holiday properties lie in the peaceful conservation village of Colerne, surrounded by rolling countryside. The Grade II* listed stable conversion (PFFH) is part of the only longhouse in Wiltshire and dating back to the 13th century, is the oldest house in the village. Beautifully refurbished to offer all modern conveniences, yet retains charm and character. Sympathetically converted, the detached, single-storey barn (PHHF) offers light and airy, contemporary accommodation. Colerne has a good selection of shops and pubs but only a short bus journey, 7 miles, will take you into Bath and Chippenham. Within easy reach of Bristol, Bradford-on-Avon and the much-filmed villages of Lacock and Castle Combe. Great area for walking. Shop 200 yards, family pub and restaurant 10 yards.£135Price per night from
- Minehead, England£106Price per night from
- Glastonbury, EnglandOld Farm is a stunning Barn conversion in Southwood, just outside of Glastonbury. Converted to an extremely high standard in 2021, it’s the perfect base from which to explore Somerset. Drive past the orchard and enter through the gates into your private driveway where Old Farm awaits you, through the large Oak front door the bright and airy living space opens in front of you to welcome you in. The central open plan living space has beautiful large doors opening to the garden, a wood burner for those cosy evenings and sumptuous furnishings to allow you to relax into whilst watching TV or chilling with a glass of your favourite tipple. The kitchen is fully equipped with dishwasher, fridge freezer and washing machine as well as everything else you will need to whip up a fantastic dinner or just a simple breakfast. There is also a sitting room with large floor to ceiling windows, you can also sleep up to two extra guests on the sofa bed in here. Off the open plan living area you will find the fabulous bedrooms, both have double beds, hairdryers and en-suite bathrooms. Outside you have your private garden, with outdoor seating area and fantastic views across the fields.
There are fabulous walks in all directions that can be taken from the doorstep, whilst the towns of Glastonbury and Street are just under 15 minutes drive away. Glastonbury, famous for its festival and ancient legends, has a great mix of eclectic shops and larger stores whilst Street is well known for its outlet shopping centre, Clarks Village, where designer bargains are to be found! Within an hour’s drive you have a wealth of National Trust properties to explore as well as fun days out at the likes of Longleat and Haynes Motor Museum.£187Price per night from
- Burnham-on-Sea, EnglandWelcome to Seashell House, completely refurbished in 2022 and set in a fantastic position within walking distance of Burnham-on-Sea’s beach. It also has a large supermarket and restaurant within a 2-minute walk! Inside, you have a fabulously well-equipped kitchen to cook a delightful meal at any time of the day, including a dishwasher – because who wants to wash up on holiday! The living/dining room has a comfortable sofa, dining table, Smart TV and access to the garden through the glass door, which allows light to flood in. Heading upstairs you have the family bathroom, the master bedroom and a twin room. Outside, the rear garden is fully enclosed and has a decked seating area, it’s the perfect spot to relax with a cuppa in the morning or a drink in the evening after a day out exploring the area.
Burnham-on-Sea is a fantastic seaside town with lots to offer. Spend the day on the beach, play in the arcades or explore the shops and the local restaurants, with many different options to discover. Jump in the car and explore the surrounding area, with Weston-super-Mare, Brean and Berrow just a short drive away. Slightly further afield you have the ancient medieval town of Glastonbury with it’s Tor, or grab some bargains at Clarks Village designer outlet in Street. Why not jump on the train from Weston-super-Mare and explore the cities of Bath, with its architecture and spa, or Bristol, with its fabulous harbourside, shopping and castle green?£63Price per night from
- Bridgwater, EnglandThis enchanting little holiday cottage has been converted from a 400-year-old coach house, and displays many original beams in its traditionally furnished and well-equipped interior. It enjoys a quiet lane setting near the owner’s home in the hamlet of Whitnell. Midway between the glorious Quantock Hills and the north Somerset coast – within easy reach of Exmoor National Park. Swimming pool 1 mile. Riding, golf, sailing, and coarse sea and trout fishing, nearby. Shops 2 miles.£84Price per night from
- Cheddar, EnglandThis detached property, renovated in 2018, has outstanding views over the Mendips and The Chew Valley Lakes. This is an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and it is right on your doorstep. The property also has a Michelin star restaurant under a mile away, where people visit from all around to sample the delicious dishes and local ales that are on offer. This property is between the cities of Bath, a World Heritage Site with its beautiful Georgian architect and home to The Roman Bath and Thermae Spa, and Bristol, with its famous designer shopping, alongside many amazing sites and attractions. Beach 22 miles. Shop 1 mile, pub and restaurant ½ mile.£169Price per night from
- Cheddar, EnglandThe Stables is a stunning ground floor apartment with private gardens and is set within the owner’s grounds. The property is of a high standard and includes a kitchen with granite worktops and underfloor heating throughout. Each beautiful bedroom is individually decorated and designed, with an eclectic mix of furniture and lighting. They are all en-suite, and a particular highlight of the master bedroom is its roll-top bath in the room. Each bedroom also has access to a private terrace, making this a perfect escape for couples or families by giving you privacy as well as all being able to come together in the beautiful living and kitchen areas.
Set in a quiet area within the village of Cheddar, The Stables is only 1½ miles from Cheddar Gorge and caves, as well as numerous pubs and restaurants. Suitable for either active breaks, with walking on the Mendip Hills and the wildlife of the Somerset Levels, or just to relax in comfort. Close by is the cathedral city of Wells, 5½ miles, Glastonbury, 11 miles, and Weston-super-Mare, 13 miles. The cities of Bath and Bristol are less than 50 minutes away. Beach 13 miles. Shop 1½ miles, pub and restaurant 1 mile.£296Price per night from
- West Buckland, England
The Great Long Barn is a beautiful dog-friendly Grade II listed converted barn that dates back to the 13th century. With its high ceilings, chandeliers and a huge open gallery, this is the perfect space for dining together, socialising and relaxing. Set on the privately owned 13-acre Manor Country Estate, the barn is surrounded by the undulating fields of Somerset and the Blackdown Hills that make an idyllic playground for rural rambles with your four-legged friend.£800Price per night from
- Taunton, England
Nestled on the edge of Exmoor National Park in a picturesque wooded valley teeming with wildlife and offering breathtaking views lies dog-friendly Exmoor Gate Lodges in Devon.£136Price per night from