Dog Friendly Lodges Suffolk
With a staggering coastline, wonderful countryside and a variety of charming villages and towns, Suffolk has everything for your perfect pet getaway. Whether you roam the streets of Ipswich, soak up the history in Bury St Edmunds, or take a walk along one of the many gorgeous beaches, you and your pooch are sure to have an amazing time.
- Kessingland, EnglandThis is a very special place! Set on the edge of the Suffolk heritage coastline near the ‘secret’ beach of Covehithe, this detached house is surrounded by blue skies, views of fields, woodlands, and nature reserves. The perfect retreat for larger families and groups looking for relaxation, fun and adventures. It is also close to Southwold and has easy access out into the surrounding towns and villages of Suffolk. Within walking distance is the village of Wrentham, with a village shop, pubs and superb café/deli, ideal for getting breakfast.
This country house has spacious accommodation with every care taken to present an exceptional holiday experience. It has large sociable areas, a warm snug with a wood burner for winter cosiness and some downstairs accommodation for those with mobility restrictions. It also has a huge swim-spa and beautiful gardens to enjoy. There is a porch with useful storage leading to the open plan living room, dining area and kitchen. The living area has comfortable seating here for everyone as well as benefitting from a Smart TV and huge bi-fold doors that lead out to the garden and spa. The dining area is complete with dining table and chairs for eleven guests, and the kitchen is equipped with everything you may need to rustle up a homely meal. Downstairs is a snug which can be used as a bedroom (includes mattress topper. wardrobe and blackout curtains) with a Smart TV, and there is also a downstairs bathroom with a big Jacuzzi bath and large rainfall shower. Upstairs are four bedrooms all with wonderful field and woodland views. Outside, make use of the bubbling swim pool/spa with seated jacuzzi area, jets and swim against ’pool’ area, there is a dry ’dome’ to dry off in with towel dryer and warm towels.
When you book will be in touch to help you organise any special requirements such as cocktail mixer to visit, catering including private chef, graze boards, afternoon teas or breakfasts delivered, party decorations or flowers, and bike hire.
Country walks are available all around, and the sea is only a walk or short bike ride away. The Suffolk heritage coastline has fabulous beaches to enjoy. Explore Southwold, a fantastic seaside town with pier, historic lighthouse and high street lined with independent shops and boutiques. RSPB Minsmere and Dunwich heath, offering opportunities for spotting birds and connecting with wildlife, with excellent walks available. For great days out visit Snape Maltings, Framlingham Castle, Halesworth Museum, Yoxford Antiques Centre and Gardens and Easton Farm Park. Vibrant market town of Beccles boasts independent boutiques and chain shops, with an excellent collection of eateries, including fine dining to many cafés serving home-made cakes and savouries to delight many palates. The weekly market is excellent for all things local, and there is an open air heated outdoor swimming pool, popular with many local swimmers and gateway to the Famous Norfolk Broads National Park. Beach 1½ mile. Pub and restaurant ¼ mile.£272From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Saxmundham, England
Set within a 5,000-acre Wilderness estate with rolling parklands, woodlands, lakes and landscaped gardens, The Grange is a classic farmhouse restored and sensitively extended to accommodate 14 guests across 7 en suite bedrooms£1928From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Saxmundham, England
Set within a 5,000-acre Wilderness estate with rolling parklands, woodlands, lakes and landscaped gardens, dog-friendly Chapel Barn is the perfect place to bring together friends and family£3625From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Botesdale, EnglandSet in the owners’ 7-acres of grounds and surrounded by farmland, these two detached barn conversions stand adjacent to one another. The Old Stables has its own enclosed garden, and its own private hot tub, with delightful open countryside views and has been well-furnished to provide a perfect holiday home at any time of year. Burfields Barn has en-suite bathrooms to all bedrooms, a wealth of exposed beams and the wood burner in the open-plan living/dining room/kitchen ensures a warm welcome all year round. Burfields Barn also benefits from a private indoor heated pool and games room. Outside, there is a large enclosed courtyard for al fresco dining and shared use of 7-acres of grounds for guests to enjoy. Catering is also available by prior arrangement with the owner.
The properties provide an excellent base for walking, cycling or bird watching, but are conveniently situated to explore the delightful market towns and villages of Suffolk. Stowmarket, 10 miles, is home to the Museum of East Anglian Life, has a wide range of shops and restaurants and direct train links to London Liverpool Street Station. Bury St Edmunds with its cathedral, abbey grounds and Georgian theatre, the market town of Diss and the county towns of Ipswich, Norwich and Colchester are all within easy reach. Slightly further afield are the unspoilt delights of the Suffolk Heritage Coast, including Aldeburgh, Dunwich, Walberswick, Southwold and the ancient burial ground at Sutton Hoo (National Trust). Shop, pub and restaurant 2 miles. Burfields Barn (ref 29880) and The Old Stables (ref W44247) can be booked together to accommodate up to 15 guests. Shop, pub and restaurant 2 miles.£387From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Lowestoft, EnglandEvery member of the family has been considered at The Beech House. With its own outdoor heated swimming pool, hot tub and cinema there’s no reason to leave, but with a stunning beach less than half a mile away, you’ll need to peel yourself away to explore this superb area. This large detached property has spacious reception rooms for larger parties. The living room has comfortable seating for everyone to sit, relax and reminisce with a glass of wine. Patio doors open out on to the large enclosed garden where you will find the fenced outdoor pool and hot tub to relax in. The local area is packed with things to see and do including Pleasurewood Hills theme park just a 10-minute walk away, the southern entrance to the Norfolk Broads at Oulton Broad, 3 miles, Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach, 10 miles, and Somerleyton Hall with surrounding Fritton Woods, 4 miles. Beach 350 yards. Shop, pub and restaurant 350 yards.£226From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Lowestoft, EnglandBeach House is located on a wonderful holiday park, within walking distance to the beach and a terrific choice for a seaside holiday. Guests have full access to the indoor heated swimming pool, a children’s play area, restaurant with both indoor and outdoor seating, clubhouse hosting seasonal on-site entertainment, and a bar with pool table and dart board.
The property has a modern, open-plan living space with Smart TV and a well-equipped kitchen. The master double bedroom has an en-suite shower room and a sliding door opening to small terrace with sea views. There is another lovely double bedroom and a bunk bedded room, plus a separate toilet. On the ground floor is a modern family bathroom.
Prefer to eat off the park? Then located opposite the holiday park entrance is the village pub and a Chinese takeaway restaurant, and there is a fish and chip shop in in the village, a short walk away.
You are spoilt for choice with excellent sandy beaches, big open skies and breath-taking sunrises. There are plenty of attractions for all ages to enjoy; Oulton Broad is a short drive away, the southern gateway to the Norfolk Broads National Park, also popular with speed boat racing during the summer. Lowestoft has two piers, classic arcade games, a shopping centre and eateries. The traditional seaside resort of Great Yarmouth offers the Pleasure Beach, beach fronting with amusements, donkey rides, pitch and putt, fun fairs, pier, promenade and much more. Pleasurewood Hills theme park also offers a fun day out.
Venture further afield and you can explore the Suffolk Heritage Coastline and country parks, and The Broads National Park offers miles of inland waterways, best explored with day boat hire and plenty of waterside eateries to refuel and enjoy.£76From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Saxmundham, EnglandAptly named Lakeside, is nestled alongside the fishing lake, boasting a wonderful and uninterrupted lake view, in a tranquil location within the Carlton Meres Country Park, a short walk away from all the parks’ leisure facilities. Spacious and beautifully furnished with a contemporary modern open plan interior with French doors opening to the seating veranda with table and chairs. The master double bedroom has an en-suite walk-in shower room. The second bedroom has twin beds, is more suited to children, and with further shower room. The well-equipped kitchen allows the opportunity to prepare all your meals.
For those wishing to dine out, you have an on-site restaurant within a short walk, and plenty of eateries within the local surrounding area. The Park has great facilities (day rates are chargeable by the park) including two swimming pools, both indoor and outdoor, a crazy golf course, a children’s play park, and the Clubhouse bar and restaurant. Outside is the well-stocked fishing lake, perfect for any fishing enthusiast, a great spot for a walk or just relax and enjoy the uninterrupted lake views with its visiting birdlife.
Within 30 30-minute drive are the coastal delights of Aldeburgh and Southwold. You have RSPB Minsmere, 9.5 miles away and Orford Castle 12th Century former Royal fortress, Otley Hall and Gardens, and Easton Farm Park are all within 12 miles for a great family day out. Also worth a visit is Sutton Hoo, the popular market town of Woodbridge for cafés, shops, and restaurants. The Latitude Festival is 20 minutes’ drive away and is held annually at Henham Park. Explore Constable country having wonderful village settings. Shoppers will delight in the towns of Bury St Edmunds, Ipswich, and Colchester all within an hour’s drive. Beach 5 miles. Pub/shop on site. Fishing on the doorstep. Entertainment: Club House is open weekends only in the winter season November to February. Fishing closed from November to February.£71From price per night based on 7 night stay