Pet Friendly Lodges Scottish Borders
From the rolling hills and charming countryside in the west to the gentle valleys and the beautiful Berwick coastline in the east, the Scottish Borders is one of the most fascinating areas of Scotland and the pawfect escape in one of our pet friendly lodges.
A scattering of inspiring abbeys, castles and cultural landmarks share the landscape with spectacular scenery, so there's plenty for you and your pup to explore on what is sure to be a memorable dog-friendly holiday.
- Eyemouth, ScotlandIn a tranquil setting directly overlooking the sea at Burnmouth Harbour, this terraced cottage set over three floors has been stylishly converted to provide a superb holiday base. Only 5 miles from historic Berwick-Upon-Tweed, 3 miles from Eyemouth and within an hour’s drive from the centre of Edinburgh, the options for days out are endless. Castles, battle sites and museums are all around for those interested in history, whilst there are leisurely coastal walks from the door. For the more energetic the Lammermuir Hills nearby have Hunt Law at a height of 495m and other peaks waiting to be climbed. Shop and restaurant 1.5 miles, pub 0.5 miles.£64From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Eyemouth, ScotlandTucked away on the edge of the picture postcard village of Coldingham, Garden Cottage has lovely light, spacious living areas and a great bathroom with both a shower cubicle and a bath. This property is perfect for guests with younger children, as there is a cot and highchair available. There are gardens to both front and rear, and it is just a few minutes’ walk into the village where there is a priory, as well as local shops and a couple of cosy pubs serving food. You can also enjoy circular walks round the village. Sandy, sheltered Coldingham Bay, popular with surfers and divers, is 20 minutes’ walk, and Coldingham Loch offers fly fishing. St Abbs is a fishing harbour with a café/restaurant, and St Abbs Head National Nature Reserve is a coastal headland with breathtaking panoramic views and awesome cliffs where thousands of seabirds nest in the spring. You can enjoy amazing coastal walks, including a 30-mile route from Berwick-upon-Tweed to Cockburnspath, or take a boat trips from Seahouses to the Farne Islands, or from Berwick-upon-Tweed on the River Tweed out into the North Sea. Edinburgh is under an hour by train from Berwick, a fascinating Elizabethan walled town. There is a working harbour and golf in Eyemouth, historic houses and castles galore, fishing nearby, and plenty of crafts and galleries. Beach 1¼ miles. Shop, pub and restaurant ½ mile.£81From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Berwick-upon-Tweed, ScotlandBoasting far-reaching views to the Cheviot Hills and lovely walking from the doorstep, this cosy and comfortable cottage (shown right of photograph) is set just 5 miles from sandy beaches at the village of Eyemouth, where visitors can feed wild grey seals. Enjoying its own garden, the cottage sits on the owners’ 200 acre arable farm, an idyllic spot threaded with many footpaths. Boat trips are easily available and the nearby coastline is famed for crystal clear waters, shipwrecks and diverse marine life – a paradise for divers. Picturesque St Abbs, with its harbour and nature reserve, the golden sands of Coldingham Bay and historic Berwick-upon-Tweed are under 10 miles. Please be aware that the Wi-Fi can be intermittent due to the rural location. The beautiful city of Edinburgh is an hour’s drive or take the train from Berwick train station, which is less than a 10-minute drive, giving guests easy access to central Edinburgh. Visit the village of Ayton’s imposing castle, 3 miles. Shop and pub 3 miles.£60From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Eyemouth, ScotlandThis former farmhouse is conveniently close to the A1 for ease of access, yet quietly situated with lovely views to the sea less than 1 mile away. This spacious detached house has been modernised and is furnished and decorated to a good standard and provides an ideal holiday base. Close to sandy beaches with the fishing town of Eyemouth just 3 miles away. There are wide views of the sea and coast with moorland walking direct from the house. Historic Berwick is only 5 miles, and border towns are within half an hour’s drive. Edinburgh 1 hour’s drive. Pub ½ mile.£46From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Melrose, ScotlandImmaculately-presented, end-terrace cottage in the attractive Scottish Borders town of St Boswells. Quality accommodation. Ideal for fishing, cycling, walking. Melrose 5 miles, Kelso 10 miles.£53From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Cockburnspath, ScotlandA delightful detached cottage on a cliffside, 1 mile from Cockburnspath, near Dunbar, on the beautiful North Sea coast. Superb views. Open fire. Pet-friendly. Coastal walks, golf and walking opportunities. Dunbar 8 miles. Edinburgh 30 miles.£95From price per night based on 7 night stay