Pet Friendly Lodges Scottish Borders
From the rolling hills and charming countryside in the west to the gentle valleys and the beautiful Berwick coastline in the east, the Scottish Borders is one of the most fascinating areas of Scotland and the pawfect escape in one of our pet friendly lodges.
A scattering of inspiring abbeys, castles and cultural landmarks share the landscape with spectacular scenery, so there's plenty for you and your pup to explore on what is sure to be a memorable dog-friendly holiday.
- Jedburgh, ScotlandA charming, detached cottage resting on the outskirts of Jedburgh, Roxburghshire. Woodburning stove. Countryside views. Ground-floor living. Kelso 17.7 miles; Melrose 21.4 miles; Peebles 43.8 miles.£66From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Eyemouth, ScotlandA delightful three-storey holiday home situated in Eyemouth, Berwickshire. Pet-friendly. Close to the beach. Family-friendly. St Abbs 4.7 miles; Chirnside 7.7 miles; Berwick-upon-Tweed 9.1 miles.£72From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Kelso, ScotlandWith stunning views that the Borders is famous for, The Annex at Fernyrig is the idyllic retreat for a couple looking to enjoy some time together, or to explore the Scottish Borders and the north of England. Just a few hunderd yards north of the actual border on the River Tweed, this beautiful, semi-detached property, adjacent to the owner’s home, was completely updated and upgraded in late 2019 to a high standard, with great attention to detail. It now boasts features such as underfloor heated bamboo and ceramic tiled floors, cosy wood burner and a south west-facing garden to enjoy the views across the Tweed Valley to the Cheviots and beyond.
The living room has a wood burner for those colder evenings and while the TV is there, we’re convinced that you’ll spend more time looking out the windows. Also finished well is the kitchen with modern appliances and a spacious layout with a dining area. A door in the hall separates the bathroom and bedroom from the rest of the property. The main bathroom has underfloor heating and a luxury 4 piece suite with bath and separate walk-in double shower. The property sleeps two guests in a comfortable and well-proportioned double room, and has the ability to accommodate a further two guests on a double sofa bed in the living room. Well behaved pets are welcome in the property and outside there is a purpose built kennel if required as well as parking for 2 cars.
Surrounding villages and towns nearby include Birgham, Coldstream and Kelso, with the town of Berwick-upon-Tweed (BR main Newcastle/Edinburgh rail link) and coastal beaches some 17 miles to the east. Fishing can be arranged on the nearby River Tweed and during the appropriate seasons, the owner may be able to arrange some country sports for guests. Shop 5 miles, pub 1½ miles and restaurant 7 miles.£56From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Duns, ScotlandLocated on Chirnside Main Street in a traditional stone house, this excellently presented and finished holiday home has been created with the comfort and experience of guests in mind. Internally the property is formed over two levels with generous sized accommodation. The ground floor has an attractive open plan living/dining/kitchen space, which is finished to a good standard. The kitchen area is well equipped, more than enough to prepare and enjoy a nice romantic meal or cater for four if you have guests for dinner. On the first floor, there is a kingsize bedroom and the bathroom is in a slightly quirky location off the bedroom providing an almost ‘en-suite’ bathroom.
With some of the prettiest views to the rear, over the rolling countryside of the Borders and towards Northumberland, you’ll find yourself wishing to explore some of the walking routes of the area. Just minutes from Berwick-upon-Tweed and the Northumbrian coast and easily accessible to Edinburgh and central Scotland by car, this property would be suitable as a base to enjoy the surrounding attractions for the duration of your stay.
The village has local shops and restaurants, however the nearby towns of Duns and Berwick-Upon-Tweed are stocked with activities and attractions to suit all ages both day and night. Without a doubt, whatever the time of year we would suggest a trip and long walk along one of Northumberland’s beautiful white sandy beaches. There’s so much to do within a half hour of this property that we know you’ll never be bored - whatever the weather. Beach 10½ miles. Shop, 200 yards, pub and restaurant 300 yards.£45From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Duns, ScotlandSituated by the woodland of Duns Castle is this comfortable, two bedroom, detached holiday home. The space includes an open-plan living/dining room with a wood burner and two bedrooms, both served by a modern bathroom. The kitchen is well-equipped with a good level of appliances, and outside there is a garden and private parking. Duns Castle Nature Reserve is within walking distance, as is the town centre. Duns Castle is famous as the setting for the film ’Mrs Brown’ and as a wedding location for the footballer Robbie Fowler.
Duns is approximately 15 miles from the town of Berwick-upon-Tweed (which has a main line railway station) and 40 miles from Edinburgh. The local Borders towns of Kelso, Melrose and Jedburgh are steeped in history and well worth a visit. Just over the border you have the attractions of Etal and Ford. There are various activities available locally or further afield. Shop, pub and restaurant 300 yards.£70From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Kelso, ScotlandWith plenty of space for two, this charming end-terrace cottage, in the heart of The Borders market town of Kelso, is set in a quiet area close to the old parish church. The very comfortable living/dining room opens into a well-equipped newly renovated in 2023 kitchen and the spacious first-floor bedroom with both a bath and separate shower in the en-suite.
Kelso has a wide choice of good pubs and restaurants with wonderful independent retail shops. The town is on the junction of the Rivers Tweed and Teviot, famous for its Salmon fishing. There are many historic houses and beautiful gardens to visit including Floors Castle, Mellerstain, Thirlstane and Abbotsford to mention a few.
Throughout the year many events take place at the Border Union Showground in Kelso, including Antique Fairs, Art Exhibitions, and the Border Union Agriculture Show a two-day event in July. Floors Castle host numerous events including concerts both classical and Rock. Enjoy a day at Kelso Race Course or a trip to Eyemouth to sample the best fish and chips whilst watching the seals in the harbour. Beach 24 miles. Shop 220 yards, pub 385 yards and restaurant 55 yards.£61From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Selkirk, ScotlandThis classic ‘two up, two down’ house in Lauder provides the perfect base for a couple or small family or group that wishes to utilise the double sofa bed in the living room. With links to Edinburgh to the north and the treasures throughout the Scottish Borders in every other direction the property is perfect for those wishing to explore the area.
The property has been carefully planned out with guests at the forefront of the owners’ minds. The living room is comfortably furnished with a three-seater sofa and reclining armchair. The well equipped kitchen has an electric oven and ceramic hob, fridge freezer with cool drinks and ice dispensers and a Tassimo coffee machine for lazy mornings. On the upper level the double bedroom has again been very tastefully presented and provides a dressing table, wicker chair, hairdryer, two double wardrobes and travel cot.. The bathroom has mood lighting and a bath with over-bath shower in case you’re in a hurry to get out and explore. Beach 28 miles. Shops, pubs and restaurant 5 minute stroll. Edinburgh is a 30 minute drive or take advantage of a regular bus or take the award winning scenic railway route; railway station 5 miles.£105From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Peebles, ScotlandA wonderful detached cottage situated in Lyne Station, Scotland. Ground-floor accommodation. Great for families. Pet-friendly. Penicuik 13.3 miles. Edinburgh 22.4 miles. Melrose 23.5 miles.£176From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Melrose, ScotlandAn attractive first floor apartment resting in Melrose, Scottish Borders. Romantic. Private parking. Lovely views. Close to amenities. St Boswells 4.5 miles; Lauder 11.4 miles; Kelso 14 miles.£53From price per night based on 7 night stay