Explore our collection of fabulous dog-friendly cottages, featuring secluded country hideaways, luxury cottages on estates, beautiful beach houses, farmhouses, cosy lodges, quirky shepherd's huts, and larger properties for family or group gatherings.
- Bude, EnglandThis historic, spacious, terraced, 500-year-old former church house sits peacefully beside the village green and war memorial, in front of the 12th-century Norman church of St Andrews. The house has been lovingly restored and retains many original features.
The large living room and dining area, with its 16th-century ceiling beams, are great for a family gathering, or a cosy night in beside the wood burner. There is a small part-covered, shady, internal courtyard room with a flagstone floor, fountain, window seat and small outdoor table and chairs.
All 4 double bedrooms have either cupboard or hanging rack space for clothes/storage. The second floor bedroom runs the length of the cottage and has huge, original 16th-century A-frame roof beams and three, heritage Velux-style windows. Removable blackout blinds are available for guests who wish to use them.
The cottage is just a few steps from the village post office, shop and an excellent hair salon. Just beyond that are the two village pubs, The Tree Inn and The Kings Arms.
Jalna is the perfect coastal holiday choice close to the Victorian seaside town of Bude with its glorious sandy beaches and breath-taking South West coastal path scenery. It is the ideal escape venue in which to spend time with friends and family.
Bude is incredibly popular all year round, with its castle heritage centre, a vibrant town centre and an array of restaurants and bars, together with two sandy beaches and the nearby coastal path. It retains its Victorian charm whilst offering something for everyone. The food scene around Stratton and Bude has really taken off. There are regular food markets and artisan pop-ups in addition to the array of restaurants, bakeries and wine merchants.
The Bude and North Cornwall Golf Club is close by. Paddle boarding, surfing, golf, tennis, horse riding and fishing are all on offer in the area. The internationally acclaimed annual jazz festival is fantastic and not to be missed. The Splash leisure centre, with an indoor swimming pool and ten-pin bowling alley, is a short drive away.
Widemouth Bay is only 3 miles further down the coast and has a stunning beach. The picturesque fishing villages of Rock and Padstow are within easy driving distance, as is the mysterious Tintagel Castle of Arthurian legend. The wild beauty of Dartmoor and Bodmin Moor are all easily reached, as is the famous Eden Project. For family fun, the Big Sheep and Milky Way adventure parks are not to be missed. The Camel Trail can be accessed in nearby Wadebridge, where bikes can be hired to cycle to Padstow. Nearest beach is under 2 miles. Shop and post office 20 yards, pub and restaurant are 50 yards from Jalna.£119From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Bowness-on-Windermere, EnglandCannondale has been fully refurbished in 2019 to provide a comfortable and stylish haven, four bedrooms with a super kingsize bed (two with zip and link option to be made up into twin bedrooms), all with their own en-suite. One of the bedrooms is found on the ground floor, the ideal option for the less mobile. The large living room offers a generous space and comfort, with a cosy wood burner, large TV and French doors leading out onto the enclosed garden and patio. There is also a spacious open plan kitchen/dining room with French doors also leading out into the garden. There is comfortable space for eight to live and dine together, whilst offering privacy and freedom for everybody in each bedroom.
Situated inbetween Windermere and Bowness, you are just a short walk from either, ideal for enjoying the local shops and eateries or to experience a trip out on Lake Windermere. The property is also ideally located within an easy drive or cycle to one of the many hundreds of walking routes or excursions that are enjoyed in the south Lakes and the Lake District on a daily basis. The owner has thoughtfully provided a dog shower to clean off after your adventures with your four legged friends. Shop, pub and restaurant 1 mile.£151From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Sneatonthorpe, EnglandThis eco-friendly barn conversion is over 200 years old and oozes charm and character, retaining many original features, including exposed stone walls, vaulted beamed ceilings, stone flag flooring and a woodburner. This holiday property is located on a working arable farm and is surrounded by uninterrupted views towards the sea and Whitby in an idyllic rural setting, just 4 miles from the centre of Whitby on the edge of the quaint hamlet of Sneatonthorpe and 1 mile from the village of Sneaton. Sneaton boasts a friendly pub, ice cream parlour, charming tea rooms and a warm welcome from the locals. Bridle paths, cycle tracks and walkways abound from the door, with the ancient Monks Pathway being a favourite with walkers visiting this area. Whitby is a fantastic destination for holidaymakers with the steam train departing throughout the summer on its way to Grosmont and Goathland – those famous villages used in the TV series ‘Heartbeat’. Also, Whitby boasts a colourful harbour, 3 miles of sandy beach, the 12th century Abbey ruins and St Marys Church. The town also hosts many festivals throughout the year with folk weekends, 60’s music festivals and Goth weekends, bringing guests from far and wide. Mortar Barn is the ideal place for exploring both the North Yorkshire Moors National Park and the Heritage Coast of Yorkshire. Scarborough has been welcoming guests for more than 300 years and has all the ingredients for a family packed day at the seaside, with Filey and Bridlington a little further along the coast line. Closer to home, is the smugglers coves of Robin Hood’s Bay, Runswick Bay and Staithes, where pretty cottages cling to cliffs and time appears to have stood still. Discover little villages tucked away deep in the valleys as you explore the North Yorkshire’s heather clad moors. Beach 4 miles. Shop, pub and restaurant 1 mile.£136From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Great Yarmouth, EnglandThis spacious property has been thoughtfully presented throughout and offers a large, open-plan, social accommodation, all one level, having doors leading onto the pretty, enclosed, paved garden, with your very own hot tub to enjoy. On a balmy summer day, push open the doors to enjoy alfresco dining, and on an evening, why not relax in your private hot tub and watch the stars with a glass of bubbly. In the morning you can enjoy listening to the songbirds, an ideal spot to relax.
Beautifully styled throughout and the well-equipped kitchen will delight any chef enthusiast, an ideal choice for a family celebration and opportunity to dine together at home. On a balmy summer day open the doors, enjoy dining on the patio, relax in your private hot tub, and on an evening watch the twinkling stars with a glass of bubbly. Each bedroom has been thoughtfully furnished, with the master bedroom enjoying a super-king double bed with an en-suite shower room, and three further bedrooms, and a separate family bathroom. Even though there is no Wi-Fi, there is a strong mobile 4G signal and there are films downloaded on the TV.
This single-storey holiday home is peacefully tucked away in the coastal village of Burgh Castle. The village itself offers a local pub serving good food, 11 minutes’ walking distance, and a local holiday park has a good selection of facilities (day rates are chargeable) including indoor swimming pool (booking is advisable during peak summer) children’s soft play area and club bar and restaurant.
Nearby is one of the UK’s best preserved Roman sites, not only filled with history but it’s a beautiful place to wander, having panoramic views across Breydon Waters to the mills and marshes beyond, teeming with bird life. For super sandy beaches and seaside fun head to Gorleston on Sea or enjoy the Golden Mile at Great Yarmouth offering a host of traditional seaside attractions including the Pleasure Beach fun fair. Thrill seekers are also sure to enjoy a day out at Pleasurewood Hills Theme Park at Lowestoft. For a change of pace, visit Thrigby Hall Wildlife Gardens and take the tiger walk across the treetops. Nearby Caister Castle features a classic car museum. Enjoy a day at the races, both horse and dog racing available locally. Great days out for the children are BeWILDerwood at Horning, the Dinosaur Park at Lenwade, and Sea Life centre at Great Yarmouth. There are lots of bistro opportunities located within the surrounding area.
You are also close to the Norfolk Broads National Park where you can explore these famous waterways by either chartering your own day launch, kayak, canoe, or paddle board hire or simply sit back and enjoy one of the river trips. This wonderful location means you really are close to all the action, including the city of Norwich, recently voted one of the top five cities to visit in the UK with its Norman castle and numerous museums, galleries, and theatres. Those who enjoy cycling and walking will discover that there are lots of great routes to enjoy from doorstep. Pub and restaurant 0.8 miles. Beach 3.4 miles.£126From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Chard, EnglandWoodlet Cottage is a simply stunning holiday home having been renovated, now offering a wealth of charm and character, but with all the creature comforts and luxurious furnishings that will make you feel instantly relaxed and on holiday.
Situated within a rural hamlet in the stunning Somerset countryside, Woodlet Cottage makes an idyllic rural break, yet is just a mile from the busy town of Ilminster with a few local pubs and shops. Pick one of the numerous footpaths and explore the Somerset countryside by foot.
Curl up on the sofas to relax by the roaring log stove on the cooler autumn and winter nights whilst enjoying a glass of wine and your favourite movie on the large smart tv, or enjoy cooking and catching up in the large open plan kitchen/dining room. With 4 super stylish bedrooms a good night’s sleep is guaranteed and with 3 luxurious wet rooms (master with feature freestanding bath), there won’t be any fighting for the shower!
Outside a wonderful enclosed terrace offers the perfect space for al fresco dining on warm summer evenings.
Woodlet Cottage is the perfect luxury retreat for families or friends to get together for a long overdue catch up or as the perfect base to explore the wonders of Somerset. The stunning Cheddar Gorge is just under an hour away or explore historic Wells with its boutique shopping and wide range of pubs and restaurants and of course, its stunning cathedral!
Enjoy your free bottle of champagne upon arrival for your Christmas and New Year bookings.£437From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Blackpool, EnglandSeaview House is a superb, beachfront townhouse boasting stunning sea views in the heart of Cleveleys. Set across three floors, there is a double bedroom on the ground floor as well as a twin with an amazing Star Wars theme in recognition of the recent filming of the movie in the town. On this floor you’ll also find a beautifully designed shower room, a laundry area with washing machine and drier, and access out to the garden which has a decking area with seating perfect for al-fresco dining. The first floor has a bright and spacious open plan layout with a well-equipped kitchen, dining area and living room complete with a corner sofa, 55 inch TV and stylish electric fire with LED lighting. Upstairs on the third floor, you’ll find the master bedroom with gorgeous views out over the beach and a fourth bedroom with kingsize bed as well as a bathroom with shower over the bath.
Located in the very centre of this bustling seaside resort, Seaview House is just yards away from the seafront as well as being close to a number of bars, restaurants, shops and cafés. There are miles of beach to explore with lots of dog friendly sections for your furry friends. The bright lights of Blackpool are just 4 miles away and can be reached on foot following the promenade along the seafront. Here you’ll find its many attractions including, Blackpool Tower, Pleasure Beach and Blackpool Zoo. Just a few miles further will take you to the rolling sand dunes of Lytham St Anne’s and the cosmopolitan Lytham which holds annual events such as The Proms and a kite festival. Venture inland and you’ll find the Forest of Bowland Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, known for its picturesque country villages, wonderful walking and friendly local pubs. The Yorkshire Dales National Park is also within easy reach as is the Lake District National Park.£90From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Chipping Campden, EnglandThis stylish, detached, converted barn is just a few hundred yards from the heart of Chipping Campden. As the main town in the north-western area of the Cotswolds of high hills and secluded coomb (with its magnificent ’wool’ church, wide market street and beautiful buildings that span at least five centuries), this would make the perfect base from which to tour and explore. With an acre of grounds and ample parking for visitors, Campden Barn offers a high level of comfort with limestone flooring in bathrooms and underfloor heating on both floors of the property.
The magnificent gardens of Kiftsgate Court and Hidcote Manor - with its lovely views over the Vale of Evesham - are not to be missed, as well as many other National Trust properties in the locality; Stratford-upon-Avon (approximately 8 miles), shops, restaurants and pubs, 200 yards.£160From price per night based on 7 night stay
- PO11 9QF, EnglandThis super, unique, detached beach house includes two converted railway carriages, one of only a few to be seen along the south coast and enjoys a fabulous location directly on the seafront. Step onto the pebble beach via your private gate from the enclosed garden and enjoy miles of pebble/sandy beach – a haven for all ages, including children and dogs all year round! From the front it is deceptive, having been substantially extended, but once you approach the side entrance, the original features can be easily seen. Inside, the traditional carriage doors remain, and many of the rooms are set inside the former train carriages. Southern Bell offers tastefully styled, light, and airy holiday accommodation for families - with an enclosed patio garden, plenty of off-road parking and a short walk from the local shops, eateries/pubs, and harbour/sailing club. Hayling Island is renowned for its kitesurfing and sailing activities and local paddle - boarding and windsurfing lessons are available close by. Every year there is a national kitesurfing event, and a plethora of sailing and nautical activity can be seen along the coastline. Many activities can be enjoyed locally, including golf, fishing, cycling, boat trips and scenic walks along the water’s edge or along the South Downs National Park which are within easy reach. Chichester with its beautiful cathedral, festival theatre, pedestrianised shopping, leisure centre, Roman Villa and Goodwood or Fontwell races is worthy of a visit. Visit Portsmouth with waterside dining, ferry trips to the Isle of Wight, designer outlets, leisure facilities, Spinnaker Tower, Historic Dockyard including HMS Victory and the Mary Rose, or the maritime history at Southampton. Winchester, with its cathedral and abbey, and The New Forest are within easy driving distance. Plenty of National Trust homes and gardens can also be discovered nearby. Beach 5 yards. Shop 500 yards, pub and restaurant 500 yards.£230From price per night based on 7 night stay