Dog Friendly Holiday Cottages in Wiltshire
Wiltshire's rolling hills are steeped in history and with plenty of dog friendly spaces, you'll find lots of stunning dog friendly cottages to choose from for your Wiltshire escape. Between a visit to Stone Henge, a trip to see the awe-inspiring Salisbury cathedral or a hike up to visit the chalk horse, you and your four legged friend will have pawsome break to this beautiful part of the country.
- Royal Wootton Bassett, EnglandThis lovely detached barn is situated in a great part of Wiltshire, but also very close to The Cotswolds. The property is a great place for exploring these two parts of the country with plenty to see and do. There is a small enclosed garden with a bench and table to soak up the sun, and a community village shop only half a mile away, which sells basics and essentials. You are close to the famous sights of Stonehenge and Avebury and the historic market town of Marlborough. Just 10 minutes away is the Cotswold Water Park which has a freshwater lake, great for fishing, and you can swim, kayak and paddle board. It also has a man made beach and is a great place to visit with lots of activities. For the lovers of horse racing, Cheltenham Racecourse is on in March, and is definite must. Shop 2 miles, pub and restaurant 1 mile.£94From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Royal Wootton Bassett, EnglandOriginally two working cottages, Ashdene is now one large property which has been extended to provide modern accommodation with a private indoor heated swimming pool in a separate building, a hot tub for four, a large private, enclosed garden with lots of facilities for entertaining guests of all ages from the children’s’ play area to a very well-equipped, purpose built games room. The main living area is on the first floor and the majority of the bedrooms are located on the ground floor.
This detached cottage, located on the doorstep of the Cotswolds, provides an excellent base from which to explore many attractions within a short drive such as Stratford-upon-Avon, the birthplace of Shakespeare, the Roman city of Bath and the ancient stone circles of Stonehenge and Avebury.
There is so much on offer in and around the surrounding area of Ashdene including Roves Farm, a great place for children and adults alike, Bourton-on-the-Water, Stow-on-the-Wold, Burford, Longleat House and Safari Park, Cotswolds Wildlife Park and Oasis Leisure Centre. If it’s shopping you’re after, you’re very close to the Swindon designer shopping outlet. Also worth a visit are Swindon ice-rink, the White Horse at Uffington, Lechdale-on-Thames, Bowood House and Gardens, and the Windrush Gallery. Shop ½ mile, pub ¼ mile, restaurant 2 miles.£604From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Salisbury, EnglandThere are Shepherds huts then there is The Hut at Hole Farm, this romantic getaway is located in the stunning Wiltshire countryside and offers a sumptuous bed with a wonderful ’picture window’ offering uninterrupted views across ancient unspoilt countryside.
The kitchen is modern but with a rustic charm. The breakfast bar for two also looks through the huts doors to the surrounding countryside. Unusually for a shepherds hut, there is also the modern convenience of a full shower room with large shower enclosure, toilet and basin.
The Hut at Holes farm is perfect for a romantic break with its own enclosed garden and luxury electric hot tub that will be pre heated for 1 special night of your stay by request to the owner prior to arrival and that’s guaranteed to make any break even more special. A traditional BBQ, bistro table and chairs ensure you really can make the most of the location by cooking and eating ’al fresco’ too!
For those crisp wintry stays the hut is equipped with underfloor heating and a log stove making this a truly year round destination. If you would like to make your stay extra special or if you have something to celebrate, please enquire direct with the owner after making your booking, about adding a hamper full of local produce available for £40.
If you can bare to tear yourself away there is plenty to do within a few miles, from visiting the stunning Cathedral City of Salisbury or taking in the sights of the iconic Stonehenge or Avebury rings.
- Malmesbury, EnglandA beautiful cottage resting on the edge of the historic town of Malmesbury, Wiltshire. Enclosed garden. Ground-floor living. Annexe. Off-road parking. Cirencester 10.9 miles; Bath 24 miles.£206From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Salisbury, EnglandThe main house is a unique, Grade II listed, Georgian manor house nestled in 25 acres of Wiltshire countryside. This beautiful detached property features a games room in the basement, a ’secret’ walled garden and well-equipped accommodation for families, friends or couples who enjoy holidaying together, and with 9 bedrooms and 10 bathrooms, this makes the ideal choice. Set in private grounds, this charming house has a modern, eclectic, English country decor theme throughout. For those who prefer ground floor accommodation, there is a double bed in the library, which has an en-suite, with a shower and toilet. This shower room has also been designed as a place for washing down your four-legged friends after country walks. The kitchen centres around an Aga, and has a farmhouse-style table, along with all the facilities needed to enjoy a self-catering holiday. On the first floor, known as the Georgian Wing, there are 5 bedrooms, all with a private bathroom. Two of these have super kingsize, timber beds, two have zip and link super kingsize beds, and the other has 2 single beds with matching trundle beds, sleeping up to 4. This room has use of the bathroom just across the landing, while the other 4 bedrooms have en-suites. The Victorian Wing was originally designed as a nursery and servant’s quarters, which has now been made into a further 4 bedrooms, each with their own en-suite. Each of these rooms consist of a super kingsize zip and link beds, two of which are typically set up as twin beds and two as super kings. Guests can enjoy exclusive use of the grounds, which include a walled ’secret’ garden next to the house. There is also a large lawned area for outdoor dining, sunbathing, reading and relaxing. For those who enjoy a walk, there is a 1.5km woodland path behind the house. To the front of the house, an additional large lawned area can be used for games with the children. For those who may be celebrating a special occasion, or perhaps looking to treat yourself, a private chef can be arranged to cook some or all meals during your stay (by arrangement with owner, at cost). There is also a 1-bedroom annexe called The Nook which is also available on the Henge Estate and can be booked under a separate listing.
If you fancy venturing out, Stonehenge is just over 5 minutes’ away, and Salisbury is just over 20 minutes’. The local village is half a mile away and has a convenience store, a pub serving local ales and a restaurant. There are many places to visit within easy reach including Bath, Marlborough, Winchester, Southampton and Shaftesbury. For those who enjoy history, visit Stonehenge, Woodhenge, Durrington Walls, Avebury Henge and stone circles, Alexander Keiller Museum, Andover Iron Age Museum, and many castles dotted around the area. Longleat Safari and Adventure Park, Paultons Park and Peppa Pig World and Finkley Down Farm are within reach, and for those who enjoy outdoor activity, they can book horse riding, fishing, art, golf, festivals and markets, there is plenty within a short drive. Shop ¾ mile, pub and restaurant ½ mile.£2014From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Mere, EnglandThese two lovely, semi-detached cottages have been beautifully restored by the owners who have a long history with the properties. Olde Oak Cottage (ref UK12890) is situated on the old A303 route and used to be a tearoom so many people may remember stopping here for a cup of tea and slice of cake whilst on their travels. It is steeped in history and the owners aim to relive this through its tasteful decoration, including exposed brick walls and two beautiful open fireplaces, one of which houses a wood burner. Oak Cottage (ref UKC4635) is an 18th century cottage of natural stone and render elevations and has been restored during late 2020 and Spring 2021 and is within 100 yards of the village centre.
Zeals is in an ideal location, with the World Heritage site of Stonehenge being only 23 miles to the east. The Jurassic Coastline, including Weymouth, Bournemouth, is approximately 45 miles and Weston-super-Mare on the Bristol Channel also 45 miles away. Bath, another World Heritage is 25 miles to the north. Other local attractions include Haynes Motor Museum and The Fleet Air Arm Museum at Yeovilton both of which are only a 30-minute drive. Aerospace Bristol housing Concorde and the large shopping centres at Cabot Circus and Cribbs Causeway make for another good day. The cathedral city of Salisbury, 23 miles to the east and The New Forest make for a pleasant day out. The National Trust’s Stourhead House and Gardens is only one mile away. This is an all year round attraction with magnificent Rhododendrons in Spring, wonderful walks in the summer and stunning autumn colours. There is a Christmas Festival of Light during December and January. The cottages are 1-mile away from the Stour Valley Way, a well-trodden footpath from Stourhead to Christchurch in Dorset following the River Stour to this beautiful priory town. A wonderful collection of pubs are located nearby, one is just 150 yards away and two more are a 3-minute drive. Shop, pub and restaurant 300 yards.
The properties can be booked together to accommodate up to 16 guests.£222From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Salisbury, EnglandShepherds Hut Retreat is just that, in every sense! From the moment you pull up to this perfectly formed shepherds hut, you will be greeted by the stunning rural setting with far reaching views towards Salisbury Cathedral across unspoilt countryside. Open the door and step inside this charming bolthole, where you can relax, switch off your phone and relish the stunning location.
A cosy open plan living space that is perfectly formed, with a separate bedroom and luxurious shower room offering all the home comforts you need. Outside you will find a table and chairs from which to enjoy an evening drink or just sit and admire the views, or jump into the hot tub and watch the sunset or gaze at the stars. If you would like to make your stay extra special or if you have something to celebrate, please enquire direct with the owner after making your booking, about adding a hamper full of local produce available for £40.
If you can tear yourself away, the historic cathedral city of Salisbury is well worth a visit, where you can explore the wide range of independent shops and places to eat or simply stroll into the village of Alderbury, which is just 350 yards away, where you can enjoy a drink with lunch or dinner in the village pub. Shop and restaurant 3½ miles, pub 350 yards.
- Salisbury, EnglandIf you are searching for an idyllic and romantic break, look no further. This luxurious and perfectly styled shepherds hut is situated in such a pretty location with far reaching views towards Salisbury’s impressive Cathedral spire and furnished with care and attention to detail to make your stay perfect. With an open plan living space with dining area and a small kitchen separate double bedroom and luxurious shower room this hut offers everything you need for a relaxing, getting away from it all break. If you would like to make your stay extra special or if you have something to celebrate, please enquire direct with the owner after making your booking, about adding a hamper full of local produce available for £40.
Enjoy the simple pleasures in life and enjoy the fresh county air, take a stroll to the village pub, just a few hundred metres away, or grab the bubbly and hop into your own private hot tub and take in the view! You may not want to leave your peaceful bolthole, but if you do, the the historic city of Salisbury is well worth a visit, a little further afield and a little less peaceful Thruxton race circuit offers you an adrenaline fix from karting to supercars. Shop and restaurant 3½ miles, pub 350 yards.
- Devizes, EnglandA traditional former mill resting in the heart of the Wiltshire countryside outside the centre of Devizes. Hot tub. Original features throughout. Set within 5.5 acres. Family holidays. Avebury 9.9 miles; Bath 21.2 miles; Salisbury 24 miles.£241From price per night based on 7 night stay