Dog Friendly Holiday Cottages in Wiltshire
Wiltshire's rolling hills are steeped in history and with plenty of dog friendly spaces, you'll find lots of stunning dog friendly cottages to choose from for your Wiltshire escape. Between a visit to Stone Henge, a trip to see the awe-inspiring Salisbury cathedral or a hike up to visit the chalk horse, you and your four legged friend will have pawsome break to this beautiful part of the country.
- Trowbridge, EnglandSituated within the quaint village of Steeple Ashton, Tiptoe is a great base for holidaymakers wanting to explore both Somerset and Wiltshire. The property itself is a recently renovated lodge, perfect for couples and dog walkers. Located next door to the owner, it is just a stone’s throw away from the local pub which offers scrumptious home cooked food and great local ales.
There are plenty of lovely walking routes and attractions to see close by, including Longleat with its safari park which makes for a great family day out. Trowbridge, 5 miles, has excellent facilities such as shops, restaurants, parks and a cinema. You can reach Bath in under an hour’s drive, with its famous abbey and Georgian architecture, and you must try the Thermae Bath Spa, this is a real treat. Stonehenge and Avebury are close by, and you will be spoilt for choice with the range of National Trust properties nearby, including Lacock Abbey, Fox Talbot Museum and Village, Stourhead and Dyrham Park to name a few. The nearby railway stations at Trowbridge and Westbury have direct links to London. Shop 100 yards, pub and restaurant 200 yards.£66Price per night from
- Hilmarton, EnglandThis wonderful ‘chocolate-box’ thatched cottage dates from 1660 and is set quietly in CPRE’s Best Kept Village in Wiltshire 2008 (small village category), a short stroll from a 13th-century church of St Laurence. Adjoining the owners’ property, it is traditionally decorated and styled with beams and traditional features which create a warm and welcoming atmosphere. A few miles away is Bowood House with 2000-acre gardens and children’s playground. REME (Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers) Museum is just a 5-minute drive away at Lyneham, with its cafe and interactive visitor centre for all ages, where you can hear some of the proud stories from those who served in the army. National Trust places nearby include Avebury Stone Circle and Avebury Manor (subject of The Manor Reborn), and Lacock (used in the Harry Potter films and award-winning TV series Cranford). Not far from the stunning Marlborough Downs. Bath, Salisbury, Longleat, the beautiful Cotswolds and village of Castle Combe (used as a location for the film War Horse) are less than an hour’s drive. There are excellent regular bus services nearby. Town shops in Calne 3 miles (with two small stores in Lyneham 2 miles, open early until late and The Duke, our village pub, is open from Friday evening to Sunday afternoon, only a 5-minute walk away). Shop 3 miles and pub ½ mile.£80Price per night from
- Royal Wootton Bassett, EnglandThis lovely detached barn is situated in a great part of Wiltshire, but also very close to The Cotswolds. The property is a great place for exploring these two parts of the country with plenty to see and do. There is a small enclosed garden with a bench and table to soak up the sun, and a community village shop only half a mile away, which sells basics and essentials. You are close to the famous sights of Stonehenge and Avebury and the historic market town of Marlborough. Just 10 minutes away is the Cotswold Water Park which has a freshwater lake, great for fishing, and you can swim, kayak and paddle board. It also has a man made beach and is a great place to visit with lots of activities. For the lovers of horse racing, Cheltenham Racecourse is on in March, and is definite must. Shop 2 miles, pub and restaurant 1 mile.£94Price per night from
- Salisbury, EnglandThese properties are two very well presented cottages, renovated to a high standard. Situated in the peaceful village of Morgans Vale, they are just under a mile away from the village of Downton and its local facilities. These lovingly furnished cottages are right on the border of the New Forest National Park, but with the beauty of the medieval cathedral city of Salisbury nearby, and coastal beaches under 20 miles away.
This is a great base from which to visit the host of attractions in the area. The cottages both boast a wood burner for those colder winter evenings, and are attractively furnished with Karndean floors downstairs and carpets upstairs. The accommodation is set over three floors in each property, with the loft room being a great option for kids or teenagers.
For lovers of culture and the outdoors, there are numerous walks in the nearby New Forest and various National Trust properties nearby, including Stonehenge, with its stone circle, and Moffitsfont House and Gardens in nearby Romsey. If you’re seeking the coast, sun and sand, then the sandy beaches of Bournemouth are within a 40-minute drive. Paultons Park, home of Peppa Pig World, is a short 20-minute drive away. This is the perfect holiday destination for all of the family. Beach 17 miles. Shop and pub 520 yards, restaurant 1 mile.£90Price per night from
- Warminster, EnglandCaroline Cottage is a duplex annexe set within the owners’ grounds, surrounded by glorious countryside. Caroline Cottage offers a luxury get away and is the ideal base for exploring the area. Surrounded by quiet country lanes and glorious open countryside it is perfect for walking, cycling, bird watching or even just relaxing.
Attention to detail is evident from the moment you walk through the door of the Cottage from its well-equipped kitchen/diner, a four-poster bed and the large living room with projector screen and Sky TV. From the living area there are patio doors which open giving you access to the garden, seating, and BBQ. If you can tear yourself away from Caroline Cottage, the surrounding area is just as spectacular. Just 200 yards away is Shearwater Lake, a lovely walk to enjoy with your furry friend, the lake is open all year round, there are miles of woodland surrounding the lake if you wish to extend your walk.
Stop and have a drink at the local café while looking over the beautiful lake, the café is also pet friendly. This fabulous area has many local attractions with Longleat just 5 miles away, take a visit to Heaven’s Gate where you can see the views of the Longleat Estate. Conveniently located to explore Bath, Salisbury, Stonehenge, Stourhead and many other local attractions.£84Price per night from
- Marlborough, EnglandAn elegant and comfortable house with plenty of space with great access to local attractions, including Avebury stone circle, Silbury Hill and the beautiful Vale of Pewsey. Alma House is situated on a cobbled street just off the historic High Street of Marlborough. This former coach house is Grade II listed with many original features. Sleeping up to eight guests, this property is a perfect retreat for friends and families alike, a perfect base for those wishing to explore what Wiltshire and The Cotswolds have to offer.
Arranged over three floors, style and comfort blend effortlessly here. The living room has comfortable sofas to relax on, as well as Wi-Fi and a Smart TV. The inviting wood burner set within a small inglenook is great to cosy up in front of on cooler evenings, with unlimited logs supplied. The dining room next door can seat the whole family, and the kitchen features a range cooker as well as providing everything you will need to rustle up a hearty breakfast or evening supper. From a bread maker to ice machine, it has everything you require, as well as an additional dining table. Reached by two staircases, the first floor offers a master bedroom with kingsize bed and en-suite. A twin room and family bathroom are on one side, whilst there is another kingsize bedroom on the other with access up to the second floor where you can retreat to another kingsize bedroom, with attractive beamed ceilings. Outside is a small sitting-out area to the front of the property with a table and chairs for two guests. The owner includes a lovely welcome pack with samples of local produce that you can purchase more of from our local area.
The centre of Marlborough is on your doorstep with its range of great restaurants and pubs, along with a variety of high quality and independent shops offering a unique blend of modern attractions and facilities. The high street is one of the widest in the UK and offers a twice-weekly market on a Wednesday and Saturday. Avebury is nearby with its stone circle, which is larger and older than Stonehenge. The 4500-acre Savernake Forest, Cheddar Gorge, Stonehenge, Longleat House and Safari Park, Stourhead Gardens, the historic city of Winchester and the Roman spa and Georgian streets of the city of Bath are all within an hour’s drive.£246Price per night from