Dog Friendly Holiday Cottages in Wiltshire
Wiltshire's rolling hills are steeped in history and with plenty of dog friendly spaces, you'll find lots of stunning dog friendly cottages to choose from for your Wiltshire escape. Between a visit to Stone Henge, a trip to see the awe-inspiring Salisbury cathedral or a hike up to visit the chalk horse, you and your four legged friend will have pawsome break to this beautiful part of the country.
- Warminster, EnglandThis holiday home is perfect for any guests looking for a stylish home from home. Shady Bower offers a spacious accommodation which is located at the heart of a pretty Wiltshire village with local store and the all important village inns. This property is a great multi-generation holiday home with a large living room, separate kids play room with smart TV and door to level garden, and ground floor bedroom with a en-suite walk-in shower room. Four further bedrooms and the family bathroom are on the first floor, this home really offers all the accommodation you will need.
Outside is a lovely private garden with large lawned area, patio and garden furniture, perfect to relax in after a days exploration. There is also a wooden climbing frame and a netted trampoline to keep the children happy and entertained.
Shady Bower is located just few miles from Warminster with lots of independent shops and places to eat. For a great family day out why not visit Longleat House and Safari Park, which is also just a few miles away and is a perfect day out. With so much to see and explore you will be longing to return to this fantastic holiday home. Pub 1 mile.£124Price per night from
- Trowbridge, EnglandSituated within the quaint village of Steeple Ashton, Tiptoe is a great base for holidaymakers wanting to explore both Somerset and Wiltshire. The property itself is a recently renovated lodge, perfect for couples and dog walkers. Located next door to the owner, it is just a stone’s throw away from the local pub which offers scrumptious home cooked food and great local ales.
There are plenty of lovely walking routes and attractions to see close by, including Longleat with its safari park which makes for a great family day out. Trowbridge, 5 miles, has excellent facilities such as shops, restaurants, parks and a cinema. You can reach Bath in under an hour’s drive, with its famous abbey and Georgian architecture, and you must try the Thermae Bath Spa, this is a real treat. Stonehenge and Avebury are close by, and you will be spoilt for choice with the range of National Trust properties nearby, including Lacock Abbey, Fox Talbot Museum and Village, Stourhead and Dyrham Park to name a few. The nearby railway stations at Trowbridge and Westbury have direct links to London. Shop 100 yards, pub and restaurant 200 yards.£66Price per night from
- Trowbridge, England
A canal boat trip makes a fabulous adventure for your canine friend. You have the freedom to go where you want and your dog will love stopping off for endless new dog-walking opportunities and the gorgeous riverside dog-friendly pubs on route.£523Price per night from
- Melksham, EnglandA delightful, detached stable conversion situated one mile from the hamlet of Bowerhill. Set on a 100 acre arable farm in rural west Wiltshire. Comfortable, well-equipped. En-suite facilities. Beams. Dog-friendly. Melksham 2.5 miles.£57Price per night from
- Salisbury, EnglandExceptional, lovingly restored cottage in Wiltshire's beautiful Chalke Valley. They really don't get better than this in this area. Outstanding!£189Price per night from
- Chippenham, EnglandA spacious, luxurious cottage on a beautiful grassland farm in Foxham, Wiltshire. Open-plan. Woodburning stove. Pet-friendly. Calne 5.8 miles; Chippenham 7.2 miles; Royal Wootton Bassett 8.4 miles.£99Price per night from
- Lea, EnglandPeacefully set amidst meadows and woodland on the edge of a village, this delightful and spacious converted barn enjoys comfortable holiday accommodation in a courtyard setting and its own private terrace and garden. Set just a short stroll from the local dining pub, it makes an excellent base for a relaxing break, within easy reach of the Cotswolds, Bath, Stonehenge, Westonbirt Arboretum and Cotswold Water Park – all a short drive. Malmesbury’s 12th-century abbey and famous gardens, quaint shops and restaurants are just 3 miles.£53Price per night from
- Sherston, EnglandIn the glorious setting of the Cotswold Hills, this beautifully converted old stables makes an ideal base for exploring a myriad of fascinating attractions including the elegant city of Bath, 20 miles, Westonbirt Arboretum and the antique shops of Tetbury. Adjoining the owners’ home, it sits on their working farm in the attractive village of Sherston just 0.25 miles from shops and inns serving food and 5 miles from Malmesbury’s good shops, gardens and abbey. Cotswold Water Park is within easy reach and Broadway, Stow-on-the-Wold, Burford, Bibury and Oxford are all well worth a visit as are Lacock Abbey and Dyrham Park (NT). Swindon’s famous railway museum and outlet shopping are 20 miles.£72Price per night from
- Royal Wootton Bassett, EnglandHarris Croft Farm is peacefully situated with rural views, and provides an ideal holiday location from which to explore the beautiful countryside of Wiltshire. Horse livery and stabling is available with prior arrangement with the owner. Nearby, Royal Wootton Bassett is a market town with a good selection of pubs, shops and restaurants. With easy access to the M4 it is an ideal base for exploring the attractions of Wiltshire and beyond, with nearby historical houses, museums and heritage sites. Explore Bristol, Bath, Longleat House and Safari Park and a wealth of restaurants and gourmet pubs. Nearby lakes and cycle paths provide ideal opportunities for walking, cycling and observing nature. Stonehenge and Avebury are also close by. For the more adventurous why not try your hand at skydiving with Skydive Netheravon. Aerosaurus balloons take off from the Larmer Tree Gardens, for spectacular views over the Cranborne Chase. Or if you prefer to keep your feet on the ground then why not try your hand at one of our great driving activities on offer across the county. Shop ¼ mile, pub and restaurant ½ mile.£49Price per night from
- Hilmarton, EnglandThis wonderful ‘chocolate-box’ thatched cottage dates from 1660 and is set quietly in CPRE’s Best Kept Village in Wiltshire 2008 (small village category), a short stroll from a 13th-century church of St Laurence. Adjoining the owners’ property, it is traditionally decorated and styled with beams and traditional features which create a warm and welcoming atmosphere. A few miles away is Bowood House with 2000-acre gardens and children’s playground. REME (Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers) Museum is just a 5-minute drive away at Lyneham, with its cafe and interactive visitor centre for all ages, where you can hear some of the proud stories from those who served in the army. National Trust places nearby include Avebury Stone Circle and Avebury Manor (subject of The Manor Reborn), and Lacock (used in the Harry Potter films and award-winning TV series Cranford). Not far from the stunning Marlborough Downs. Bath, Salisbury, Longleat, the beautiful Cotswolds and village of Castle Combe (used as a location for the film War Horse) are less than an hour’s drive. There are excellent regular bus services nearby. Town shops in Calne 3 miles (with two small stores in Lyneham 2 miles, open early until late and The Duke, our village pub, is open from Friday evening to Sunday afternoon, only a 5-minute walk away). Shop 3 miles and pub ½ mile.£80Price per night from