Dog Friendly Holiday Cottages in Wiltshire
Wiltshire's rolling hills are steeped in history and with plenty of dog friendly spaces, you'll find lots of stunning dog friendly cottages to choose from for your Wiltshire escape. Between a visit to Stone Henge, a trip to see the awe-inspiring Salisbury cathedral or a hike up to visit the chalk horse, you and your four legged friend will have pawsome break to this beautiful part of the country.
- Chippenham, England
This charming 16th century cottage hides a contemporary interior, that complements the original beams and inglenook fireplace. Located down a tranquil private country lane, Well Cottage is perfect for that romantic retreat or family break.
The beamed living room has large comfortable sofas, mountains of cushions to snuggle down in front of the large wood burning stove in original stone inglenook fireplace. It is the perfect place to relax of an evening cosy and warm, to watch the flat screen TV, or enjoy a quiet morning coffee.
The country kitchen with its beams, stone floor and exposed brick is ideal for enjoying a leisurely breakfast at the farmhouse table. Or a convivial evening meal with family discussing the events of the day and planning for tomorrow.
Take the traditional narrow, turning stairs to the first floor, where you will find the lovely peaceful bedrooms. Both have iron bedsteads in keeping with the character of the cottage, and both have beams and sloping ceilings. Well-appointed with generous duvets, fluffy pillows and immaculate linen they are just what the doctor ordered for a good night sleep.
Relax in the large, enclosed garden with its original covered well, and soak up the sun, while enjoying a well-deserved drink at the end of the day. Or for walking enthusiasts, take the footpath from the door to the heart of Castle Combe with its typical honey-coloured Cotswolds houses. Golf and horse riding nearby, and there is a country hotel for bar and meals within 2 to 3 minute walk. Shop ½ mile.£92Price per night from
- Netton, EnglandThis attractive, detached, single-storey holiday cottage stands on the banks of the trout-filled River Avon. Occasional dry fly fishing can be arranged with prior arrangement with the owner. There will be an additional charge for this.
The surrounding area is full of picturesque villages, and across the river is the 16th-century Heale House with 8 acres of beautiful gardens. Nearby is Stonehenge, and the lesser known neolithic site of Woodhenge. Salisbury has Britain’s finest medieval cathedral with the best preserved original Magna Carta. Shop, pub 1 mile.£94Price per night from
- Melksham, EnglandThis semi-detached holiday home is situated in an urban location on the edge of Melksham, in the very heart of the Wiltshire countryside. Local amenities include a supermarket, takeaway, pub and department store which are just a short stroll away, as is a railway station if you fancy a rest from driving. There is a wealth of beauty spots and attractions nearby. Visitors flock to nearby Lacock village, where many a BBC period drama has been filmed. Wander the delightful cobbled streets before visiting Lacock Abbey, former home of Fox Talbot (founder of pinhole photography), where you can visit the cloisters where Harry Potter was filmed. Just up the road is Castle Combe, famous for its race track and once voted Britain’s most picturesque village. Spend a relaxing morning at The Courts Garden (NT) or enjoy a riverside stroll in Bradford-on-Avon. Bath is 11 miles, where you can visit the famous Roman baths, sweeping Georgian crescents and Bath Abbey. The mighty Stonehenge and Avebury stone circles are within a short drive. See the flight of 27 locks at Caen Hill or hire a canal boat at Bradford-on-Avon or Devizes. Longleat Safari Park and Center Parcs (day passes available) can be found in Warminster. Shop and restaurant 50 yards, pub 100 yards.£100Price per night from
- Sedgehill, EnglandSet in a peaceful rural location on the borders of Dorset and Wiltshire, this holiday property is situated on Whitebridge Farm, which is not a working farm but is ideal for a family touring holiday with excellent walking and cycling in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Set in 10 acres along with 8 other cottages, they are grouped around an attractive grassed courtyard and were once stables for the owner’s impressive farmhouse (built in 1872). Within the grounds, adjacent to the main car park, is a grassed children’s playground area (for under 12s only), and there is a field adjacent to the property that is ideal for walking dogs. There are 2 x 120 KW fast charges that have been installed within a 7-minute walk of Whitebridge Farm. They can be found on the grounds of an award-winning deli where you can enjoy a leisurely coffee or lunch whilst your car is charging.
Both the South Wiltshire and Dorset cycle ways pass nearby and there are numerous waymarked walks, including the half-hour Shaftesbury town trail, which leads to the famous Gold Hill, with its magnificent views. Many historic houses in the area, including Stourhead (National Trust). An hour’s drive leads to Salisbury, Bath, Cheddar and Weymouth. Visit Stonehenge, and then the ancient Avebury Stone Circle. Shop, pub and restaurant 1 mile.£71Price per night from
- Marlborough, EnglandDetached former farm cottage, idyllic remote Wiltshire Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, up on The Ridgeway above Ogbourne St George. Comfortably furnished. Woodburning stove. Rural views. Walks straight from the door. Marlborough 5 miles.£76Price per night from
- Marlborough, EnglandImpressive rural Wiltshire cottage, a mile from the village of Great Bedwyn. WiFi. Close to the Kennet and Avon Canal. Lovely walking in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Crofton Steam Beam Engines close by. Marlborough 7 miles.£89Price per night from
- Salisbury, EnglandUtterly Idyllic thatched cottage with the 'wow' factor in stunning village. An absolute gem! Good pub nearby, walking distance and some excellent places nearby to visit. Heavenly!£163Price per night from
- Salisbury, EnglandAbsolutely stunning, luxurious ground floor accommodation at the eastern end of Wiltshire's beautiful Chalke Valley. Caters beautifully for all ages. Guests absolutely love it!£161Price per night from
- Salisbury, EnglandThese properties are two very well presented cottages, renovated to a high standard. Situated in the peaceful village of Morgans Vale, they are just under a mile away from the village of Downton and its local facilities. These lovingly furnished cottages are right on the border of the New Forest National Park, but with the beauty of the medieval cathedral city of Salisbury nearby, and coastal beaches under 20 miles away.
This is a great base from which to visit the host of attractions in the area. The cottages both boast a wood burner for those colder winter evenings, and are attractively furnished with Karndean floors downstairs and carpets upstairs. The accommodation is set over three floors in each property, with the loft room being a great option for kids or teenagers.
For lovers of culture and the outdoors, there are numerous walks in the nearby New Forest and various National Trust properties nearby, including Stonehenge, with its stone circle, and Moffitsfont House and Gardens in nearby Romsey. If you’re seeking the coast, sun and sand, then the sandy beaches of Bournemouth are within a 40-minute drive. Paultons Park, home of Peppa Pig World, is a short 20-minute drive away. This is the perfect holiday destination for all of the family. Beach 17 miles. Shop and pub 520 yards, restaurant 1 mile.£90Price per night from
- Malmesbury, EnglandThis excellent terraced house resides in Malmesbury, Wilteshire. WiFi. Open-plan. Pet-friendly. Enclosed garden. Off-road parking. Family-friendly. Chippenham 10.4 miles; Cirencester 14.8 miles; Bath 24 miles£93Price per night from