Dog-friendly Cottages Dorset
Dorset is a pawsome holiday destination for furry family members all year round. The famous Jurassic coast, Durdle Door, Poole harbour, the South West Coast path, rolling countryside and the surrounding countryside make the Dorset coast super dog friendly for a British break.
- Beaminster, EnglandEnjoying a great location in the grounds of the owner’s home, these charming properties (UKC3990 and UKC1812) are accessed via a farm track and are in a lovely peaceful location away from it all. Situated on the border of Somerset and Dorset, making these properites ideal for enjoying both counties.
Nearby is a wealth of attractions including Yeovilton Fleet Air Arm Museum, the Haynes Motor Museum with its classic collections of cars, Forde Abbey and Gardens and a few nature reserves. Visit historical houses such as Montacute or the scenic World Heritage Jurassic Coast and seaside resorts of Lyme Regis, West Bay and Weymouth.
Inland you can visit the ever popular Clarks Factory Village, the enchanting Glastonbury Tor and Abbey, the cathedral cities of Wells and Bath, and the amazing Cheddar Gorge and caves. On your return, relax and enjoy a barbecue in this peaceful location, or take a country walk with the dog. Within easy driving distance there is golf, fishing and many country village pubs to wine and dine in. Beach 13 miles. Shop, pub and restaurant 2 miles.
These properties can be booked together to accommodate up to 8 guests.£64From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Beaminster, EnglandIn a great location, in the heart of delightful west Dorset, this detached property is situated on a working beef farm, and the owners live next door. There’s glorious country scenery and walking in the area, so it’s great for dog walking, cycling and enjoying lovely village pubs to wine and dine in. There are many attractions nearby including Forde Abbey and Gardens right on your doorstep, and a local craft centre nearby. Within very easy driving distance is the ever popular World Heritage Jurassic Coast, with its stunning scenery and the seaside resorts of Lyme Regis, Charmouth and West Bay. Scenery, boating, fishing and sandy beach can be enjoyed at Lyme Regis, as well as fossil hunting, all making for a memorable holiday. Head inland, and you will find the Yeovilton Fleet Air Arm Museum and the Haynes International Motor Museum with its classic car collection. Further afield you can visit the Clarks Village factory outlet, Glastonbury Tor, the cathedral city of Wells and Cheddar Gorge. Beach 10 miles. Shop 2 miles, pub and restaurant 200 yards.£52From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Beaminster, EnglandA stunning shepherd’s hut nestled within the owner’s grounds in a pretty Dorset hamlet, overlooking lovely countryside and a small stream. This shepherd’s hut is perfect for an ’away from it all’ break. This peaceful village setting is an ideal location to relax and unwind for a romantic weekend away. It is also perfect to use as a base for a longer stay from which to explore this stunning county. From its picture postcard villages to the dramatic Jurassic Coastline, Dorset offers something for everyone, so whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation you are sure to find your thing.
The accommodation on offer is small yet perfectly formed, with everything you need and with its cosy seating area with wood burner (logs provided), comfy double bed and separate shower room and small kitchen to rustle up a quick lunchtime treat! There is also an outdoor bath with hot and cold running water, perfect for a bath under the stars! With a great local pub just a 1½ miles away, a good evening meal is just a short stroll away and with a hearty farmhouse breakfast available by request at the owner’s’ B & B just across the road you may never wish to leave. Beach 14 miles. Shop 1¼ miles, pub 1½ miles and restaurant 3¼ miles.£63From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Beaminster, EnglandA romantic retreat found in a peaceful corner of the Dorset AONB in the village of South Perrott near Mosterton. Smart TV. Character. Electric log effect fire. Shared games room. Beaminster 5.1 miles; Yeovil 10.6 miles; West Bay 13 miles.£48From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Beaminster, EnglandA traditional cottage resting in the idyllic village of South Perrott near Mosterton in the Dorset AONB. Original character. Electric log effect fire. Beaminster 5.1 miles; Yeovil 10.6 miles; West Bay 13 miles.£49From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Beaminster, EnglandButtercup Cottage is situated in a very secluded spot, but so close to everything Dorset and Somerset has to offer, only 10 miles from the famous jurassic coast, and a great base to explore Somerset. The spacious cottage has plenty of room for large families or groups and has beautiful grounds and some amazing views out over the countryside. The area is great for keen walkers or even enthusiastic cyclists. Buttercup Cottage is perfectly located for exploring Dorset and the coast or for venturing inland to enjoy what Somerset has to offer with its rolling Mendip and Quantock hills. Beach 10 miles. Pub and restaurant 2 miles. Shop/post office in Halstock ¾ mile£126From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Beaminster, EnglandWelcome to Hare Cottage Annex, this well presented, detached annex is the perfect place to spend a holiday exploring the Dorset Countryside and The Famous Jurassic Coastline with your dogs.
Stepping inside the property, you are welcomed into the open plan kitchen/dining room. The bathroom is located on the ground floor where you have a cubicle shower, basin and and toilet. Upstairs, the space has been used well where you have a beautiful living room, with large comfy sofas, smart TV and a bedroom at the rear where you will find a double bed. The Velux windows offer views over the private rear garden where the stream is visible and rolling countryside in the distance. Outside there is parking for up to two cars, also access to a dog kennel in the garage if required. Bike storage can be arranged with prior notice.
Beaminster village centre is less than a 5-minute walk from the property where you will find local shops, pharmacy, pubs and restaurants. Beaminster is known for its award-winning historic gardens and being home to some wonderfully talented artists. Voted the nation’s Finest Manor House by Country Life and the location for the 2015 Thomas Hardy adaptation of ’Far From The Madding Crowd’, Mapperton House and Gardens is well worth a visit. This Jacobean manor overlooks acres of award-winning gardens and enjoys outstanding views of rolling hills and woodland that surround its magnificent location.
The delightful Beaminster Museum boasts a number of intriguing collections highlighting the town’s rich historical heritage and is well worth a visit. The museum provides a fascinating insight of how the folk of the town lived and worked with content on display that will entertain young and old. For the walkers among us Beaminster’s location is the perfect place to explore four of Dorset Highest Peaks where the views are break taking do not forget the camera on this day out. Further afield the Historic Town of Dorchester is 15 miles away where you can spend a day explore the history of the town with museums, local bars and restaurants. If you are wanting to spend a day on the beach, the nearest beach is West Bay, Bridport which Is approx. 7 miles from the property. The award-winning sandy beach of Weymouth is approx. 45-minute drive away, here you can enjoy a relaxing time on the beach, take in the amusements and have an ice cream at many of the local shops. Back at the property, when the main house is empty guests have access to the main house patio area and seating. Beach 8 miles.£62From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Beaminster, EnglandWhat stands out about this Dorset glamping Safari Tent? The epic private location! Imagine lying in a summer meadow in the middle of a 75-acre organic farm, bees and butterflies are busy about the flowers, buzzards glide overhead and a few deer graze idly near the woods. Well, right next to you is your holiday pad, this fabulous family safari tent! The whole farm is in a designated ’Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty’, some of it is also of ’Special Nature Conservation Interest’ - as you can imagine, it’s rather special out here.
The Safari is elegantly poised at the top of a gently sloping meadow with sweeping views over the Dorset countryside and woodlands to the fore. The woods are home to wild Fallow and Roe deer who very nicely provided us with the inspiration for the decor theme (along with a little ’Highland’ input). It’s quite likely you will see them out on the meadows grazing if you are quiet enough.
Dorset is a stunning county, with verdant countryside and three-quarters of the coastline classed as a World Heritage Site featuring prominent landforms such as Lulworth Cove, the Isle of Portland, Chesil Beach and Durdle Door. Maiden Newton train station 6 miles away.
Deerland Safari (QU7045) can be booked with Oak Apple Lodge (QU7105) to accommodate up to 6 guests.£186From price per night based on 7 night stay