Rich in history & culture, picture-perfect canals and spectacular countryside, Leicestershire is a superb destination for a dog-friendly getaway. With plenty for you and your pooch to see and explore, you're sure to have a pawsome time!
- EnglandSet in the Leicestershire countryside on a working farm are these two single-storey barn conversions, Wagtail Cottage (ref UKC1999) and Waxwing Cottage (ref UKC2000) which has a private hot tub to relax in after a day out exploring the countryside. The area is well known for its beautiful scenery and is ideal for walking, horse riding and cycling. The quaint village of Lubenham is 1 mile away and has previously won the prestigious Central Village of the Year Award and has a village pub, a 12th-century church and village green. The village of Foxton is also only 1 mile away, has a shop, and is home to the unique waterways landmark of Foxton Locks, the famous flight of 10 locks on the Grand Union Canal which are Grade II listed and over 200 years old. Here you can visit the Boiler House which is full of history or take a leisurely boat trip. The market town of Market Harborough is 5 miles away and has many independent shops, restaurants, bars and cafés to experience and explore. The train from Market Harborough can have you in St Pancras, London in an hour. There are many National Trust properties within 20 miles including Lyveden, Priest’s House at Easton on the Hill, Ulverscroft Nature Reserve and Stoneywell. Oadby, home of the fascinating University of Leicester Botanical Gardens is 11 miles and close by from here is Leicester racecourse. Rutland Water, with its beach and opportunities for sailing, walking and cycling, is about a ½-hour drive away. Shop, pub and restaurant 1 mile.
These properties have an adjoining door and can be booked together to accommodate up to 12 guests, but please note this property cannot be used for parties.£116From price per night based on 7 night stay
- EnglandA perfect stay for couples in this lovely one-bedroom, single-storey, spacious holiday accommodation. Enter the open plan kitchen and living room, which has high ceilings and doors leading to the private (doggy escape proof) garden for your peace of mind, where you can enjoy a glass of something nice on a pleasant evening on the decking. You’ll enjoy a good night’s sleep in the large kingsize bedroom, which has a shower room en-suite.
Located in the lovely Leicestershire village of Newbold Coleorton next to the discreet owners’ home in the heart of the National Forest, you are surrounded by beautiful countryside which you can explore on foot right from the front door. The village boasts a friendly local pub with good food and a popular local restaurant a 5 minute walk away and for more amenities, a 3-mile trip will find you in the nearby market town of Ashby-de-la-Zouch, a compact and thriving town with an abundance of independent retailers and eateries with a backdrop of the Ashby Castle ruins.
There is lots to do and visit in the area, including the National Trust’s Calke Abbey and Hicks Lodge for beautiful walks, cycling and wildlife spotting. Fun can be enjoyed whatever the age at Conkers, the family centre with many indoor and outdoor adventure experiences. Experience outdoor swimming at the lido swimming pool at Hood Park. Donnington Park race circuit is just over 5 miles away and stages some great racing events, driving experiences and track days.
The Peak District National Park is within easy reach, approximately 30 miles away where you can enjoy the great outdoors and plenty of outdoor activities. Other local towns close by include Loughborough, Leicester, Derby and Burton-on-Trent, Nottingham and Birmingham. There is easy access to East Midlands Airport. Shop 1.5 mile, pub 700 yards, restaurant 350 yards and coffee shop 700 yards.£58From price per night based on 7 night stay
- EnglandA truly welcoming holiday home awaits your stay, located in the pleasant village of Walcote in rural Leicestershire right in the heart of the Midlands. It is the perfect place for friends and family meeting up together from different areas of the country as really centrally located within easy access to major road links and a perfect place to enjoy your small celebrations. Whether staying for a long weekend or a week for pleasure or work, this is an ideal property with all bedrooms boasting their own ensuite, a cosy wood burner for chilly evenings and a glorious covered hot tub in the secluded garden makes your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as can be.
The village enjoys a local shop and friendly village pub which is right on your doorstep so have the night off cooking and enjoy being waited on. The area is fantastic for walkers and cyclists and there is also fishing and golf nearby. Lutterworth with its larger selection of local amenities is just over two miles away and the traditional market town of Market Harborough with many independent shops, cafés, and restaurants is 11 miles. There is plenty to see and do in the area including an outdoor theatre and museum, Bruntingthorpe for its driving experience days, the beautiful Grade I listed Standford Hall, the picturesque Foxton Locks, Bradgate Park, Kilworth House, and Coomb Abbey are all within easy driving distance.
There are also a host of events nearby such as the national fireworks championships, numerous classic car shows, Crick Boat Show, and many more. Little Lodge is also a stone’s throw from Magna Park, so ideal for when you are working in the area. For more days out ideas, you are within close proximity of Warwick with its famous family-friendly castle, Shakespeare’s Stratford-upon-Avon, and Royal Leamington Spa. Have a day out shopping at the famous Bull Ring shopping centre in Birmingham city centre within 40 miles. The cities and towns of Leicester, Rugby, Coventry, and Northampton are also within easy reach.
Maximum occupancy 6 guests.£139From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Nestled in the heart of the picturesque village of Waltham on the Wolds in Leicestershire, this charming holiday home offers a perfect blend of history and modern comfort. Dating back to the 1700’s, this former stable, once an integral part of the local inn, has been lovingly transformed into a delightful single-story two-bedroom haven.
As you step inside, you’ll be greeted by a seamless blend of rustic and contemporary elements. The living room exudes warmth, with exposed wooden beams and a fireplace, creating a cosy ambiance for relaxation. Adjacent to it, the kitchen/dining room beckons with modern amenities and a rustic farmhouse charm. The well-equipped kitchen invites you to cook up delightful meals, while the adjoining dining area is perfect for enjoying them with your loved ones. The holiday home features two bedrooms, each offering a unique experience. The king-size bedroom exudes comfort and tranquillity, ensuring a restful night’s sleep. The second bedroom provides flexible sleeping arrangements with two high-rise single beds, and an additional standard single bed nestled underneath. This setup makes it ideal for families or friends sharing the space.
Pet-friendly and welcoming, the accommodation extends its hospitality to furry companions, inviting you to explore the scenic surroundings together. A courtyard garden awaits outdoors, offering a charming retreat for both humans and pets. The seating area is perfect for unwinding with a cup of coffee or enjoying a meal al fresco.
Waltham on the Wolds and its vicinity provide a myriad of activities for all interests. Nature enthusiasts can revel in leisurely walks or bike rides through the stunning Leicestershire countryside, while history buffs can explore the village’s own historical sites and landmarks. For those seeking local flavours, nearby pubs and eateries offer a taste of authentic cuisine. Whether you’re drawn to the village’s history, the natural beauty of the surroundings, or simply seeking a quiet getaway, this holiday home in Waltham on the Wolds is an ideal choice.£66From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Nestled in the picturesque village of Sproxton in Leicestershire, this one-bedroom luxury holiday cottage is a former stable beautifully transformed into a charming retreat. With its stunning features and thoughtfully themed decor, it promises a truly memorable escape. As you step through the aptly themed stable front door, you’re greeted by an open plan kitchen, living, and dining area that exudes elegance and comfort. The well-equipped kitchen is a delight for cooking enthusiasts, offering everything you need for gourmet meals. The dual-aspect log burner, perfectly situated between the dining area and living room, creates a warm and inviting ambiance, making it an ideal place to relax after a day of exploration.
The double bedroom is a haven of tranquility, ensuring a peaceful night’s sleep. The bathroom boasts a shower over a luxurious bath, allowing you to unwind and rejuvenate in style. One of the property’s standout features is the private enclosed garden, providing the perfect space to enjoy a morning coffee or evening glass of wine while relishing the stunning countryside views. This cottage is also pet-friendly, allowing your four-legged friends to join in the fun.
Sproxton itself is a quintessential English village, known for its charm and tranquility. Strolling through its picturesque streets, you’ll discover historic buildings, lush greenery, and a welcoming community. The village pub is just a short walk away. For those looking to explore further afield, Leicestershire offers a plethora of attractions and activities. Don’t miss a visit to Belvoir Castle, a magnificent stately home with a rich history, or take a leisurely walk through the stunning Belvoir Estate.
The nearby town of Melton Mowbray is famous for its pork pies and Stilton cheese, making it a must-visit for food lovers. If you’re a nature enthusiast, explore the scenic Vale of Belvoir, with its rolling hills and beautiful landscapes, perfect for hiking and cycling. Sproxton’s central location makes it an ideal starting point for discovering the historic towns and charming villages that dot the Leicestershire countryside. Whether you’re seeking a romantic getaway or a peaceful retreat with your furry companion, this luxury holiday cottage in Sproxton offers the perfect blend of relaxation and adventure, ensuring an unforgettable escape in the heart of Leicestershire. Pub 220 yards.£69From price per night based on 7 night stay