- Market Harborough, England
The Three Swans is a traditional, dog-friendly Inn perfectly placed right in the center of the historic town of Market Harborough. This iconic building is a former 16th-century coaching inn and is as comfortable and elegant today as it was in its coaching heyday.£59Price per night from
- Nestled in the picturesque village of Sproxton in Leicestershire, this one-bedroom luxury holiday cottage is a former stable beautifully transformed into a charming retreat. With its stunning features and thoughtfully themed decor, it promises a truly memorable escape. As you step through the aptly themed stable front door, you’re greeted by an open plan kitchen, living, and dining area that exudes elegance and comfort. The well-equipped kitchen is a delight for cooking enthusiasts, offering everything you need for gourmet meals. The dual-aspect log burner, perfectly situated between the dining area and living room, creates a warm and inviting ambiance, making it an ideal place to relax after a day of exploration.
The double bedroom is a haven of tranquility, ensuring a peaceful night’s sleep. The bathroom boasts a shower over a luxurious bath, allowing you to unwind and rejuvenate in style. One of the property’s standout features is the private enclosed garden, providing the perfect space to enjoy a morning coffee or evening glass of wine while relishing the stunning countryside views. This cottage is also pet-friendly, allowing your four-legged friends to join in the fun.
Sproxton itself is a quintessential English village, known for its charm and tranquility. Strolling through its picturesque streets, you’ll discover historic buildings, lush greenery, and a welcoming community. The village pub is just a short walk away. For those looking to explore further afield, Leicestershire offers a plethora of attractions and activities. Don’t miss a visit to Belvoir Castle, a magnificent stately home with a rich history, or take a leisurely walk through the stunning Belvoir Estate.
The nearby town of Melton Mowbray is famous for its pork pies and Stilton cheese, making it a must-visit for food lovers. If you’re a nature enthusiast, explore the scenic Vale of Belvoir, with its rolling hills and beautiful landscapes, perfect for hiking and cycling. Sproxton’s central location makes it an ideal starting point for discovering the historic towns and charming villages that dot the Leicestershire countryside. Whether you’re seeking a romantic getaway or a peaceful retreat with your furry companion, this luxury holiday cottage in Sproxton offers the perfect blend of relaxation and adventure, ensuring an unforgettable escape in the heart of Leicestershire. Pub 220 yards.£55From price per night based on 7 night stay
- EnglandSet in the Leicestershire countryside on a working farm are these two single-storey barn conversions, Wagtail Cottage (ref UKC1999) and Waxwing Cottage (ref UKC2000) which has a private hot tub to relax in after a day out exploring the countryside. The area is well known for its beautiful scenery and is ideal for walking, horse riding and cycling. The quaint village of Lubenham is 1 mile away and has previously won the prestigious Central Village of the Year Award and has a village pub, a 12th-century church and village green. The village of Foxton is also only 1 mile away, has a shop, and is home to the unique waterways landmark of Foxton Locks, the famous flight of 10 locks on the Grand Union Canal which are Grade II listed and over 200 years old. Here you can visit the Boiler House which is full of history or take a leisurely boat trip. The market town of Market Harborough is 5 miles away and has many independent shops, restaurants, bars and cafés to experience and explore. The train from Market Harborough can have you in St Pancras, London in an hour. There are many National Trust properties within 20 miles including Lyveden, Priest’s House at Easton on the Hill, Ulverscroft Nature Reserve and Stoneywell. Oadby, home of the fascinating University of Leicester Botanical Gardens is 11 miles and close by from here is Leicester racecourse. Rutland Water, with its beach and opportunities for sailing, walking and cycling, is about a ½-hour drive away. Shop, pub and restaurant 1 mile.
These properties have an adjoining door and can be booked together to accommodate up to 12 guests, but please note this property cannot be used for parties.£106From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Nestled in the heart of the picturesque village of Waltham on the Wolds in Leicestershire, this charming holiday home offers a perfect blend of history and modern comfort. Dating back to the 1700’s, this former stable, once an integral part of the local inn, has been lovingly transformed into a delightful single-story two-bedroom haven.
As you step inside, you’ll be greeted by a seamless blend of rustic and contemporary elements. The living room exudes warmth, with exposed wooden beams and a fireplace, creating a cosy ambiance for relaxation. Adjacent to it, the kitchen/dining room beckons with modern amenities and a rustic farmhouse charm. The well-equipped kitchen invites you to cook up delightful meals, while the adjoining dining area is perfect for enjoying them with your loved ones. The holiday home features two bedrooms, each offering a unique experience. The king-size bedroom exudes comfort and tranquillity, ensuring a restful night’s sleep. The second bedroom provides flexible sleeping arrangements with two high-rise single beds, and an additional standard single bed nestled underneath. This setup makes it ideal for families or friends sharing the space.
Pet-friendly and welcoming, the accommodation extends its hospitality to furry companions, inviting you to explore the scenic surroundings together. A courtyard garden awaits outdoors, offering a charming retreat for both humans and pets. The seating area is perfect for unwinding with a cup of coffee or enjoying a meal al fresco.
Waltham on the Wolds and its vicinity provide a myriad of activities for all interests. Nature enthusiasts can revel in leisurely walks or bike rides through the stunning Leicestershire countryside, while history buffs can explore the village’s own historical sites and landmarks. For those seeking local flavours, nearby pubs and eateries offer a taste of authentic cuisine. Whether you’re drawn to the village’s history, the natural beauty of the surroundings, or simply seeking a quiet getaway, this holiday home in Waltham on the Wolds is an ideal choice.£64From price per night based on 7 night stay
- EnglandA truly welcoming property awaits your stay in the pleasant village of Asfordby which lies approximately 3 miles from the market town of Melton Mowbray, home of the famous Pork Pie! This comfortable accommodation provides a great base to explore this lovely part of Leicestershire. The open plan living and dining room provides a sociable space to enjoy time together eating a lovingly prepared meal, watching a classic film together or chatting about your day in front of the cosy wood burner. For more fun, you have a "pub" style games room attached to the property where you can compete over a game of pool, whilst serving drinks behind your very own bar! And that’s not all, the enclosed garden gives a safe space for your four legged family members to chase a ball or simply to enjoy the warm weather whilst one of your party cooks up a meal on the outdoor brick built BBQ.
The village of Asfordby in the Wreake Valley is well serviced with convenience shops, pubs, takeaways and recreation facilities for children. The area is great for walks and cycling routes, so get on your bike and discover the beautiful countryside. Just 3 miles will take you into the market town of Melton Mowbray with more local amenities and famous for its food production including the famous Pork Pie and Stilton Cheese. Visit the majestic spectacle of Belvoir Castle which is set high on a hill so you can see over several counties and enjoy the splendours of the gardens and castle and see if you can name all the films and TV series it has featured in!
For outdoor pursuits, Twin Lakes, Sherwood Park, Rufford Country Park and Clumber Park are all well worth a day out as is the magnificent three thousand acre Rutland Water which can be reached in under half an hour. Here you can enjoy water sports, bird watching, walking, and cycling. Take a trip aboard the Rutland Belle Cruiser, visit the famous ospreys at Egleton Nature Reserve, or browse around Barnsdale Gardens, designed by the late Geoff Hamilton. Other attractions within easy reach includes The Richard III Visitor Centre in Leicester, RAF Coningsby Battle of Britain Memorial Flight Visitor Centre, and the Lincolnshire Aviation Museum at East Kirby. The market towns of Oakham, Stamford and Grantham are all nearby, and for serious shopping, Nottingham is a must.£68From price per night based on 7 night stay
- EnglandA truly welcoming holiday home awaits your stay, located in the pleasant village of Walcote in rural Leicestershire right in the heart of the Midlands. It is the perfect place for friends and family meeting up together from different areas of the country as really centrally located within easy access to major road links and a perfect place to enjoy your small celebrations. Whether staying for a long weekend or a week for pleasure or work, this is an ideal property with all bedrooms boasting their own ensuite, a cosy wood burner for chilly evenings and a glorious covered hot tub in the secluded garden makes your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as can be.
The village enjoys a local shop and friendly village pub which is right on your doorstep so have the night off cooking and enjoy being waited on. The area is fantastic for walkers and cyclists and there is also fishing and golf nearby. Lutterworth with its larger selection of local amenities is just over two miles away and the traditional market town of Market Harborough with many independent shops, cafés, and restaurants is 11 miles. There is plenty to see and do in the area including an outdoor theatre and museum, Bruntingthorpe for its driving experience days, the beautiful Grade I listed Standford Hall, the picturesque Foxton Locks, Bradgate Park, Kilworth House, and Coomb Abbey are all within easy driving distance.
There are also a host of events nearby such as the national fireworks championships, numerous classic car shows, Crick Boat Show, and many more. Little Lodge is also a stone’s throw from Magna Park, so ideal for when you are working in the area. For more days out ideas, you are within close proximity of Warwick with its famous family-friendly castle, Shakespeare’s Stratford-upon-Avon, and Royal Leamington Spa. Have a day out shopping at the famous Bull Ring shopping centre in Birmingham city centre within 40 miles. The cities and towns of Leicester, Rugby, Coventry, and Northampton are also within easy reach.
Maximum occupancy 6 guests.£126From price per night based on 7 night stay
- EnglandWhat a beautiful cottage to stay for your next break in Central England. Rumoured to be one of the most photographed properties in this quaint traditional market town, you’ll enjoy both admiring it and being lucky enough to stay in it. Rainbow Cottage is a 17th century Grade II listed property complete with many traditional features which gives it fantastic character including exposed beams, low ceilings and doorways and a beautiful thatched roof. You’ll also be impressed with the stunning cottage garden which has won multiple awards including the RHS Gold Award in the East Midlands Britain in Bloom. The kitchen is equipped with everything you need to cook up a tasty English breakfast or sumptuous lunch, however, why not treat yourself as there are plenty of eateries in the town within a stones throw from the cottage.....you are on holiday after all!
There are many charming independent shops to peruse set amongst lots of historic buildings including the Dixie School and the attractive cobbled market square. The medieval town of Market Bosworth was made famous by the War of the Roses Battle, which ended in the death of Richard III; the Battlefield Heritage Centre is located a couple of miles away. You can also visit the Battlefield Line Steam Railway running from Shackerstone via Market Bosworth to Shenton in Leicestershire. Market Bosworth Country Park, offers 80 acres of parkland and includes a lake, an arboretum and wildlife ponds. The adventure playground and open space for younger visitors makes this a great family location.
There are many lovely walks in the area including along the towpaths at the Ashby Canal and Bosworth marina. There is more to do in the surrounding area, including a visit to the National Trust’s Calke Abbey, National Space Centre and Twycross Zoo. If you fancy being more active then skiing is available at the Snow Dome in Tamworth and the National Dive Centre at Stoney Cove is only 9 miles away. You can trip to the indoor and outdoor adventure experiences at Conkers. Visit Hicks Lodge, a great place to walk, cycle and spot some unique wildlife, or enjoy a swim at the outdoor lido swimming pool at Hood Park. If you like Motorsport then Mallory Park is only 5 miles away and Donington Park race circuit is 19 miles away and stages some great racing events, driving experiences and track days. You could also visit the Triumph Visitor experience and factory tour from Britains most Iconic Motorcycle Manufacturer 7 miles away. The Peak District National Park is within easy reach, approximately 40 miles away where you can enjoy the great outdoors and plenty of outdoor activities. Other local towns close by include Loughborough, Coalville, Leicester, Nuneaton, Derby and Tamworth. There is also easy access to East Midlands Airport. Pub and restaurant 120 yards.£80From price per night based on 7 night stay
- EnglandA perfect stay for couples in this lovely one-bedroom, single-storey, spacious holiday accommodation. Enter the open plan kitchen and living room, which has high ceilings and doors leading to the private (doggy escape proof) garden for your peace of mind, where you can enjoy a glass of something nice on a pleasant evening on the decking. You’ll enjoy a good night’s sleep in the large kingsize bedroom, which has a shower room en-suite.
Located in the lovely Leicestershire village of Newbold Coleorton next to the discreet owners’ home in the heart of the National Forest, you are surrounded by beautiful countryside which you can explore on foot right from the front door. The village boasts a friendly local pub with good food and a popular local restaurant a 5 minute walk away and for more amenities, a 3-mile trip will find you in the nearby market town of Ashby-de-la-Zouch, a compact and thriving town with an abundance of independent retailers and eateries with a backdrop of the Ashby Castle ruins.
There is lots to do and visit in the area, including the National Trust’s Calke Abbey and Hicks Lodge for beautiful walks, cycling and wildlife spotting. Fun can be enjoyed whatever the age at Conkers, the family centre with many indoor and outdoor adventure experiences. Experience outdoor swimming at the lido swimming pool at Hood Park. Donnington Park race circuit is just over 5 miles away and stages some great racing events, driving experiences and track days.
The Peak District National Park is within easy reach, approximately 30 miles away where you can enjoy the great outdoors and plenty of outdoor activities. Other local towns close by include Loughborough, Leicester, Derby and Burton-on-Trent, Nottingham and Birmingham. There is easy access to East Midlands Airport. Shop 1.5 mile, pub 700 yards, restaurant 350 yards and coffee shop 700 yards.£63From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Leicester, EnglandA wonderful stone-built, semi-detached cottage resting in Tilton On The Hill, Leicestershire. Pet-friendly. Ground-floor living. Close to amenities. Smart TV. Oakham 9 miles; Melton Mowbray 11.3 miles; Leicester 11.3 miles.£85From price per night based on 7 night stay