Rich in history & culture, picture-perfect canals and spectacular countryside, Leicestershire is a superb destination for a dog-friendly getaway. With plenty for you and your pooch to see and explore, you're sure to have a pawsome time!
- Leicester, England
The Gresham is a collection of luxury dog-friendly apartments in the heart of Leicester.£85Price per night from
- Market Harborough, England
The Three Swans is a traditional, dog-friendly Inn perfectly placed right in the center of the historic town of Market Harborough. This iconic building is a former 16th-century coaching inn and is as comfortable and elegant today as it was in its coaching heyday.£55Price per night fromPetsPyjamas Exclusive Package Available
- EnglandThis large detached farmhouse is situated on a small working stock farm just 1½ miles from the pretty village of Harby and just 7 miles from the popular market town of Melton Mowbray. Surrounded by open countryside, the verdant landscape offers all sorts of outside activities, and with excellent walks and cycle routes straight from the door, Hill Farm provides an ideal family base for exploring the attractions of the neighbouring countryside and counties. Set on the edge of the Vale of Belvoir, Belvoir Castle is nearby and the magnificent 3000-acre Rutland Water attracts visitors worldwide to enjoy water sports, bird watching, walking and cycling. Take a trip aboard the Rutland Belle Cruiser, visit the famous ospreys at Egleton Nature Reserve, or browse around Barnsdale Gardens, designed by the late Geoff Hamilton. Sherwood Park, Rufford Country Park and Clumber Park are all well worth a day out, or you can enjoy a stroll alongside Grantham Canal with superb walks along the towpath. The market town of Oakham, Stamford and Grantham, as well as Melton Mowbray are all nearby, and for serious shopping, Nottingham is a must. A day spa with mini gym, outdoor Jacuzzi, indoor heated swimming pool (10m), sauna and refreshments can be found just a 2-minute drive away (pre-booking required). Shop, pub and restaurant 1 mile.
Hill Farm can be booked together with The Milk Place (ref UK31368) to accommodate up to 12 guests.£138Price per night from
- Rutland, EnglandWell-presented detached cottage in the small village of Somerby. WiFi. Smart TV. Enclosed garden with patio. Woodburner. Melton Mowbray 6.8 miles; Leicester 15.7 miles.£259Price per night from
- Melton Mowbray, EnglandThis delightful property rests in the village of Wymondham, East Midlands. WiFi. En-suite. Hot tub.£103Price per night from
- Melton Mowbray, EnglandA lovely cottage situated in the village of Scalford in Leicestershire. Woodburners. Breakfast bar. Charming village location. Grantham 13 miles; Oakham 13 miles.£72Price per night from
- Set on a working farm of cattle and arable is this a fabulous split level spacious property in the rural village of Burton Overy. A large living room welcomes you on arrival into Brick Kiln Cottage where you can enjoy the inviting wood burner, perfect for those chillier evenings. Up to the next level, you’ll be greeted by a fully equipped large kitchen/diner where you can enjoy sociable meals together. Situated on the next floor are two bedrooms with a large family bathroom. The spacious king size bedroom occupies the top floor with a large walk-in shower in the en-suite. Spend the evening enjoying the final sunshine in the enclosed private garden or have a night off cooking and wander 5-10 minutes to the local pub. The picturesque village of Burton Overy is situated in a pleasant valley and is a lovely area for walks and cycling. Situated between the city of Leicester and the market town of Market Harborough there is something for everyone to enjoy. Market Harborough boasts an array of high street and independent shops, restaurants and cafes and the bustling city of Leicester offers a great shopping experience and is home to Leicester Football Club, Leicester Racecourse and the King Richard III Visitor Centre. The home to the famous flight of ten locks on the Grand Union Canal, named Foxton Locks is situated 10 miles away which is over 200 years old and are now Grade II listed. Here, you can also enjoy a visit to the historic boiler house or take a boat trip along the canal. Worth visiting is the National Space Centre at Abbey Meadows, 11 miles away. Rutland Water, a large manmade reservoir that provides entertainment for all the family, includes a number of water sport activities, bird watching, walking and cycling tracks just under 20 miles away. The market towns of Oakham and Uppingham in Rutland are also lovely towns to visit. There are many National Trust properties within 20 miles including Lyveden, Priest’s House at Easton on the Hill, Ulverscroft Nature Reserve and Stoneywell. Oadby, home of the fascinating University of Leicester Botanical Gardens, is 5 miles.£91Price per night from
- EnglandA perfect stay for couples in this lovely one-bedroom, single-storey, spacious holiday accommodation. Enter the open plan kitchen and living room, which has high ceilings and doors leading to the private garden, where you can enjoy a glass of something nice on a pleasant evening on the decking. You’ll enjoy a good night’s sleep in the large kingsize bedroom, which has a shower room en-suite.
Located in the lovely Leicestershire village of Newbold Coleorton next to the discreet owners’ home in the heart of the National Forest, you are surrounded by beautiful countryside which you can explore on foot right from the front door. The village boasts a friendly local pub with good food and a popular local restaurant a 5 minute walk away and for more amenities, a 3-mile trip will find you in the nearby market town of Ashby-de-la-Zouch, a compact and thriving town with an abundance of independent retailers and eateries with a backdrop of the Ashby Castle ruins.
There is lots to do and visit in the area, including the National Trust’s Calke Abbey and Hicks Lodge for beautiful walks, cycling and wildlife spotting. Fun can be enjoyed whatever the age at Conkers, the family centre with many indoor and outdoor adventure experiences. Experience outdoor swimming at the lido swimming pool at Hood Park. Donnington Park race circuit is just over 5 miles away and stages some great racing events, driving experiences and track days.
The Peak District National Park is within easy reach, approximately 30 miles away where you can enjoy the great outdoors and plenty of outdoor activities. Other local towns close by include Loughborough, Leicester, Derby and Burton-on-Trent, Nottingham and Birmingham. There is easy access to East Midlands Airport. Shop 1.5 mile, pub 700 yards, restaurant 350 yards and coffee shop 700 yards.£73Price per night from
- EnglandA truly welcoming property awaits your stay in the pleasant village of Asfordby which lies approximately 3 miles from the market town of Melton Mowbray, home of the famous Pork Pie! This comfortable accommodation provides a great base to explore this lovely part of Leicestershire. The open plan living and dining room provides a sociable space to enjoy time together eating a lovingly prepared meal, watching a classic film together or chatting about your day in front of the cosy wood burner. For more fun, you have a "pub" style games room attached to the property where you can compete over a game of pool, whilst serving drinks behind your very own bar! And that’s not all, the enclosed garden gives a safe space for your four legged family members to chase a ball or simply to enjoy the warm weather whilst one of your party cooks up a meal on the outdoor brick built BBQ.
The village of Asfordby in the Wreake Valley is well serviced with convenience shops, pubs, takeaways and recreation facilities for children. The area is great for walks and cycling routes, so get on your bike and discover the beautiful countryside. Just 3 miles will take you into the market town of Melton Mowbray with more local amenities and famous for its food production including the famous Pork Pie and Stilton Cheese. Visit the majestic spectacle of Belvoir Castle which is set high on a hill so you can see over several counties and enjoy the splendours of the gardens and castle and see if you can name all the films and TV series it has featured in!
For outdoor pursuits, Twin Lakes, Sherwood Park, Rufford Country Park and Clumber Park are all well worth a day out as is the magnificent three thousand acre Rutland Water which can be reached in under half an hour. Here you can enjoy water sports, bird watching, walking, and cycling. Take a trip aboard the Rutland Belle Cruiser, visit the famous ospreys at Egleton Nature Reserve, or browse around Barnsdale Gardens, designed by the late Geoff Hamilton. Other attractions within easy reach includes The Richard III Visitor Centre in Leicester, RAF Coningsby Battle of Britain Memorial Flight Visitor Centre, and the Lincolnshire Aviation Museum at East Kirby. The market towns of Oakham, Stamford and Grantham are all nearby, and for serious shopping, Nottingham is a must.£80Price per night from