Rich in history & culture, picture-perfect canals and spectacular countryside, Leicestershire is a superb destination for a dog-friendly getaway. With plenty for you and your pooch to see and explore, you're sure to have a pawsome time!
- EnglandSet in the Leicestershire countryside on a working farm are these two single-storey barn conversions, Wagtail Cottage (ref UKC1999) and Waxwing Cottage (ref UKC2000) which has a private hot tub to relax in after a day out exploring the countryside. The area is well known for its beautiful scenery and is ideal for walking, horse riding and cycling. The quaint village of Lubenham is 1 mile away and has previously won the prestigious Central Village of the Year Award and has a village pub, a 12th-century church and village green. The village of Foxton is also only 1 mile away, has a shop, and is home to the unique waterways landmark of Foxton Locks, the famous flight of 10 locks on the Grand Union Canal which are Grade II listed and over 200 years old. Here you can visit the Boiler House which is full of history or take a leisurely boat trip. The market town of Market Harborough is 5 miles away and has many independent shops, restaurants, bars and cafés to experience and explore. The train from Market Harborough can have you in St Pancras, London in an hour. There are many National Trust properties within 20 miles including Lyveden, Priest’s House at Easton on the Hill, Ulverscroft Nature Reserve and Stoneywell. Oadby, home of the fascinating University of Leicester Botanical Gardens is 11 miles and close by from here is Leicester racecourse. Rutland Water, with its beach and opportunities for sailing, walking and cycling, is about a ½-hour drive away. Shop, pub and restaurant 1 mile.
These properties have an adjoining door and can be booked together to accommodate up to 12 guests, but please note this property cannot be used for parties.£116From price per night based on 7 night stay
- EnglandIvanhoe Lodge is set within a quiet residential area, just a 15-minute walk of Ashby-de-la-Zouch town centre and is a truly home from home experience.
The living space is all open plan leading to an enclosed garden which enjoys a large patio area, a dining room, one bedroom and a shower room on the ground floor, then a further bedroom and bathroom on the first floor.
The 12th century market town of Ashby-de-la-Zouch offers its visitors many treats including open air markets, castle ruins which played a key role in the English civil war and is looked after by English Heritage, picturesque Market Street with its timber-framed buildings, independent shops and even a Lido, the only one in this region, where you can enjoy open air swimming.
Situated in the heart of the National Forest, this area is great to explore with many walks and cycle routes. There are many National Trust and historic houses to visit nearby including the Calke Abbey which is a must see, depicting the tale of the dramatic decline of a country house estate, Stoneywell, Kedleston Hall, Sudbury Hall and Duffield Castle and Chatsworth House, Whatton House and Gardens and Melbourne Hall.
Other exciting places to visit in this area are Alton Towers for thrill seekers and Hicks Lodge, a great place to walk, cycle and spot some unique wildlife. Donington Park race circuit is 9 miles away and stages some great racing events, driving experiences and track days. The Peak District National Park is just over 30 miles away where you can enjoy the great outdoors and plenty of outdoor activities. Other local towns close by include Loughborough, Coalville, Tamworth, Lichfield, Leicester, Derby and Burton on Trent.£128From price per night based on 7 night stay
- EnglandSituated in the Leicestershire countryside just outside Melton Mowbray; home of the famous pork pie, is this traditional and spacious one bedroom annex. Located on the owner’s stud farm next to their home where you’ll meet their 4-legged fury family member and if you’re lucky, you may meet the baby foals around April/May. Guests are welcome to walk on the farm track and through the fields that do not have horses in them.
This is an ideal couple’s getaway as you’ll love this quiet and peaceful setting. Glossoms Farm is between the pretty villages of Thorpe Arnold and Scalford and just over 3 miles to the market town of Melton Mowbray with all its amenities including many eateries and shops. It’s also a great area for country walks and cycling. A 20-minute drive will take you to the breath-taking historic Belvoir Castle where you can enjoy the gardens and lakes as well as exploring the castle. There are many attractions accessible from Glossoms Lodge such as The Richard III Visitor Centre in Leicester, RAF Coningsby Battle of Britain Memorial Flight Visitor Centre, and the Lincolnshire Aviation Museum at East Kirby. The magnificent 3000-acre Rutland Water can be reached in under half an hour and attracts visitors worldwide to enjoy water sports, bird watching, walking, and cycling. Take a trip aboard the Rutland Belle Cruiser, visit the famous ospreys at Egleton Nature Reserve, or browse around Barnsdale Gardens, designed by the late Geoff Hamilton.
For outdoor pursuits, Twin Lakes, Sherwood Park, Rufford Country Park and Clumber Park are all well worth a day out, or you can enjoy a stroll alongside Grantham Canal with superb walks along the towpath. The market towns of Oakham, Stamford and Grantham are all nearby, and for serious shopping, Nottingham is a must.£54From price per night based on 7 night stay
- EnglandA perfect stay for couples in this lovely one-bedroom, single-storey, spacious holiday accommodation. Enter the open plan kitchen and living room, which has high ceilings and doors leading to the private (doggy escape proof) garden for your peace of mind, where you can enjoy a glass of something nice on a pleasant evening on the decking. You’ll enjoy a good night’s sleep in the large kingsize bedroom, which has a shower room en-suite.
Located in the lovely Leicestershire village of Newbold Coleorton next to the discreet owners’ home in the heart of the National Forest, you are surrounded by beautiful countryside which you can explore on foot right from the front door. The village boasts a friendly local pub with good food and a popular local restaurant a 5 minute walk away and for more amenities, a 3-mile trip will find you in the nearby market town of Ashby-de-la-Zouch, a compact and thriving town with an abundance of independent retailers and eateries with a backdrop of the Ashby Castle ruins.
There is lots to do and visit in the area, including the National Trust’s Calke Abbey and Hicks Lodge for beautiful walks, cycling and wildlife spotting. Fun can be enjoyed whatever the age at Conkers, the family centre with many indoor and outdoor adventure experiences. Experience outdoor swimming at the lido swimming pool at Hood Park. Donnington Park race circuit is just over 5 miles away and stages some great racing events, driving experiences and track days.
The Peak District National Park is within easy reach, approximately 30 miles away where you can enjoy the great outdoors and plenty of outdoor activities. Other local towns close by include Loughborough, Leicester, Derby and Burton-on-Trent, Nottingham and Birmingham. There is easy access to East Midlands Airport. Shop 1.5 mile, pub 700 yards, restaurant 350 yards and coffee shop 700 yards.£70From price per night based on 7 night stay
- EnglandA truly welcoming holiday home awaits your stay, located in the pleasant village of Walcote in rural Leicestershire right in the heart of the Midlands. It is the perfect place for friends and family meeting up together from different areas of the country as really centrally located within easy access to major road links and a perfect place to enjoy your small celebrations. Whether staying for a long weekend or a week for pleasure or work, this is an ideal property with all bedrooms boasting their own ensuite, a cosy wood burner for chilly evenings and a glorious covered hot tub in the secluded garden makes your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as can be.
The village enjoys a local shop and friendly village pub which is right on your doorstep so have the night off cooking and enjoy being waited on. The area is fantastic for walkers and cyclists and there is also fishing and golf nearby. Lutterworth with its larger selection of local amenities is just over two miles away and the traditional market town of Market Harborough with many independent shops, cafés, and restaurants is 11 miles. There is plenty to see and do in the area including an outdoor theatre and museum, Bruntingthorpe for its driving experience days, the beautiful Grade I listed Standford Hall, the picturesque Foxton Locks, Bradgate Park, Kilworth House, and Coomb Abbey are all within easy driving distance.
There are also a host of events nearby such as the national fireworks championships, numerous classic car shows, Crick Boat Show, and many more. Little Lodge is also a stone’s throw from Magna Park, so ideal for when you are working in the area. For more days out ideas, you are within close proximity of Warwick with its famous family-friendly castle, Shakespeare’s Stratford-upon-Avon, and Royal Leamington Spa. Have a day out shopping at the famous Bull Ring shopping centre in Birmingham city centre within 40 miles. The cities and towns of Leicester, Rugby, Coventry, and Northampton are also within easy reach.
Maximum occupancy 6 guests.£115From price per night based on 7 night stay