- Melton Mowbray, England
A fabulous country house Estate just one hour by direct train from London yet a world away set in 500 acres of parkland. Steeped in history, dating back to Tudor times, the hotel is luxurious and makes a wonderful restful stay for you and four legged friends with a fabulous spa, pool and county pursuits at hand.£165Price per night fromPetsPyjamas Exclusive Package Available
- Market Harborough, England
The Three Swans is a traditional, dog-friendly Inn perfectly placed right in the center of the historic town of Market Harborough. This iconic building is a former 16th-century coaching inn and is as comfortable and elegant today as it was in its coaching heyday.£59Price per night from
- Twyford, EnglandA new property built in 2019 especially for self-catering stays. This unique property is set over two floors with an open plan living and dining room and a small kitchenette, perfect for drinks and snacks, with bi fold doors to the front where you can enjoy sitting outside in the enclosed courtyard overlooking the Leicestershire countryside and patio doors to the back leading to the private hot tub. Upstairs you will find the well-equipped kitchen/breakfast room and lovely bedrooms.
Set in the heart of the National Forest in Leicestershire in the lovely village of Newbold Coleorton, this is a great place to stay for couples, families, friends and business travellers looking for a luxurious property. With an abundance of walks right from your doorstep and a great pub within a few hundred yards, this is a great getaway. Within 3 miles you will find yourself in the market town of Ashby de la Zouch, a compact and thriving town with an abundance of independent retailers and eateries with a backdrop of The Ashby Castle ruins.
There is plenty to do in the area including a visit to the National Trust’s Calke Abbey and a trip to the indoor and outdoor adventure experiences at Conkers. Visit Hicks Lodge, a great place to walk, cycle and spot some unique wildlife, or enjoy a swim at the outdoor lido swimming pool at Hood Park. Donington Park race circuit is just over 5 miles away and stages some great racing events, driving experiences and track days. The Peak District National Park is within easy reach, approximately 30 miles away where you can enjoy the great outdoors and plenty of outdoor activities.
Other local towns close by include Loughborough, Coalville, Leicester, Derby and Burton on Trent. There is easy access to East Midlands Airport. The owners also offer their very own takeaway service, Rama Thai, available to order throughout the duration of your stay. It is an authentic, traditional Thai cuisine freshly prepared in the property next door to the holiday home. Shop ½ mile, pub 500 yards and restaurant 1 mile.£148From price per night based on 7 night stay
- EnglandThis lovely holiday home is in the attractive village of Waltham on the Wolds, just 5 miles from Melton Mowbray, home of the famous pork pie. An ideal home from home to rest your head after a day out in the countryside for couples, friends and family. With a well-equipped kitchen, separate living room and dining room where you can enjoy your home cooked meals together and a shower room on the ground floor, the three double bedrooms and family bathroom is on the 1st floor. The house has been renovated to a high standard to ensure guests have an enjoyable and comfortable stay whether is for a few nights or a weeklong break. The village boasts a pub and delicatessen and further amenities including many shops and eateries can be found in the market town of Melton Mowbray.
There are many walks and cycling routes to discover in the area or is historic houses are more your thing, then you certainly won’t be disappointed with the breath-taking historic Belvoir Castle just over six miles away where you can enjoy the gardens and lakes as well as exploring the castle. For outdoor pursuits, Twin Lakes, Sherwood Park, Rufford Country Park and Clumber Park are all well worth a day out as is the magnificent three thousand acre Rutland Water which can be reached in under half an hour. Here you can enjoy water sports, bird watching, walking, and cycling.
Take a trip aboard the Rutland Belle Cruiser, visit the famous ospreys at Egleton Nature Reserve, or browse around Barnsdale Gardens, designed by the late Geoff Hamilton. Other attractions within easy reach includes The Richard III Visitor Centre in Leicester, RAF Coningsby Battle of Britain Memorial Flight Visitor Centre, and the Lincolnshire Aviation Museum at East Kirby. The market towns of Oakham, Stamford and Grantham where you can enjoy a stroll on the Towpath alongside the Grantham Canal are all nearby, and for serious shopping, Nottingham is a must.£89From price per night based on 7 night stay
- EnglandThis lovely, cosy cottage is located down a quiet lane in rural East Leicestershire, close to the border of Rutland.
Cook’s Cottage, located next door to the friendly owner’s property, boasts two good size bedrooms and a lovely cosy living room with a wood burner, perfect for a quick winter getaway. The owner shares part of their garden so you can enjoy the warmer days outside with a glass of wine. The thriving village of Somerby has shops, post offices and pubs, and is surrounded by open countryside. It is a great place to stay for couples, friends and small families wanting to explore the area or just to simply relax and unwind. Stabling is also available so you can bring your horse as there are many equestrian events in the area or may just want to explore the bridleways. There are many walks that can be enjoyed from the cottage that will lead you to the abundance of countryside.
The market town of Melton Mowbray, home of the famous pork pie, is just over 5 miles where you can find an array of shops, pubs, and restaurants. A similar distance is Rutland’s bustling county town of Oakham. Just beyond Oakham is Rutland water where you can walk or cycle all around the reservoir, all 23 miles of it! You can stop off at the many leisure activities including sailing, kayaking, canoeing, Aqua Park, visit the beach, take a boat trip on the Rutland Belle, go fishing, play some golf, or visit the nature reserves with lots of bird activity including the Osprey Project.
The city of Leicester is around 16 miles away where you can visit the city centre for a shopping spree or just outside is Oadby, home of the fascinating University of Leicester Botanical Garden, Leicester racecourse and the National Space Centre. Approximately 20 miles are both Belvoir Castle where you can enjoy the lakes and gardens and Burghley House, home to the famous Horse Trials. For more outdoor pursuits, Twin Lakes is well worth a day out, or you can enjoy a stroll alongside Grantham Canal with superb walks along the towpath. The market towns of Stamford and Grantham are all within easy reach.£66From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Set on a working farm of cattle and arable is this a fabulous split level spacious property in the rural village of Burton Overy. A large living room welcomes you on arrival into Brick Kiln Cottage where you can enjoy the inviting wood burner, perfect for those chillier evenings. Up to the next level, you’ll be greeted by a fully equipped large kitchen/diner where you can enjoy sociable meals together. Situated on the next floor are two bedrooms with a large family bathroom. The spacious king size bedroom occupies the top floor with a large walk-in shower in the en-suite. Spend the evening enjoying the final sunshine in the enclosed private garden or have a night off cooking and wander 5-10 minutes to the local pub. The picturesque village of Burton Overy is situated in a pleasant valley and is a lovely area for walks and cycling. Situated between the city of Leicester and the market town of Market Harborough there is something for everyone to enjoy. Market Harborough boasts an array of high street and independent shops, restaurants and cafes and the bustling city of Leicester offers a great shopping experience and is home to Leicester Football Club, Leicester Racecourse and the King Richard III Visitor Centre. The home to the famous flight of ten locks on the Grand Union Canal, named Foxton Locks is situated 10 miles away which is over 200 years old and are now Grade II listed. Here, you can also enjoy a visit to the historic boiler house or take a boat trip along the canal. Worth visiting is the National Space Centre at Abbey Meadows, 11 miles away. Rutland Water, a large manmade reservoir that provides entertainment for all the family, includes a number of water sport activities, bird watching, walking and cycling tracks just under 20 miles away. The market towns of Oakham and Uppingham in Rutland are also lovely towns to visit. There are many National Trust properties within 20 miles including Lyveden, Priest’s House at Easton on the Hill, Ulverscroft Nature Reserve and Stoneywell. Oadby, home of the fascinating University of Leicester Botanical Gardens, is 5 miles.£74From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Market Harborough, EnglandA wonderful two-bedroom restored cottage resting in Caldecott, Rutland. Pet-friendly. Woodburning stove. Barbecue. Corby 3.9 miles; Market Harborough 11.6 miles; Leicester 23.8 miles.£55From price per night based on 7 night stay
- EnglandSituated in the Leicestershire countryside just outside Melton Mowbray; home of the famous pork pie, is this traditional and spacious one bedroom annex. Located on the owner’s stud farm next to their home where you’ll meet their 4-legged fury family member and if you’re lucky, you may meet the baby foals around April/May. Guests are welcome to walk on the farm track and through the fields that do not have horses in them.
This is an ideal couple’s getaway as you’ll love this quiet and peaceful setting. Glossoms Farm is between the pretty villages of Thorpe Arnold and Scalford and just over 3 miles to the market town of Melton Mowbray with all its amenities including many eateries and shops. It’s also a great area for country walks and cycling. A 20-minute drive will take you to the breath-taking historic Belvoir Castle where you can enjoy the gardens and lakes as well as exploring the castle. There are many attractions accessible from Glossoms Lodge such as The Richard III Visitor Centre in Leicester, RAF Coningsby Battle of Britain Memorial Flight Visitor Centre, and the Lincolnshire Aviation Museum at East Kirby. The magnificent 3000-acre Rutland Water can be reached in under half an hour and attracts visitors worldwide to enjoy water sports, bird watching, walking, and cycling. Take a trip aboard the Rutland Belle Cruiser, visit the famous ospreys at Egleton Nature Reserve, or browse around Barnsdale Gardens, designed by the late Geoff Hamilton.
For outdoor pursuits, Twin Lakes, Sherwood Park, Rufford Country Park and Clumber Park are all well worth a day out, or you can enjoy a stroll alongside Grantham Canal with superb walks along the towpath. The market towns of Oakham, Stamford and Grantham are all nearby, and for serious shopping, Nottingham is a must.£48From price per night based on 7 night stay
- A delightful, beautifully presented cottage superbly located in the enviable rural location of Chilcote, a pretty hamlet that lies close to the borders of Derbyshire, Staffordshire, Warwickshire, and Leicestershire.
Thoughtfully decorated and welcoming throughout to provide comfortable accommodation, the cottage is ideal for couples or small families looking to enjoy this lovely retreat in a fascinating part of the country. Renovated in 2022, Hurst Farm Cottage offers two lovely double bedrooms, a cosy dining room, and a well-equipped kitchen that leads to the living area.
The impressive garden offers perfect views and is a lovely sunny spot to sit and enjoy a morning coffee while you read the paper or sip an evening drink while the children play on the large lawned area. What better way to unwind after a busy day exploring all that this area has to offer?
With days out for all ages and interests, there is plenty to do. A walker’s paradise can be enjoyed on the doorstep, or by visiting Staunton Harrold, The National Arboretum, Foremark Reservoir, Rosliston Forestry Centre, and National Trust houses and grounds such as Calke Abbey. Not forgetting Conkers Adventure Centre and the National Adventure Farm, which both have wonderful walks and cycling paths to explore.
If it’s outdoor pursuits you are after, golf and fishing as well as bird of prey experiences are all available locally. For families, you’ll find Tamworth, Tutbury and Warwick Castle, the Snowdome, The National Space Centre, The National Brewery Centre, Twycross Zoo or Alton Towers and Drayton Manor.
Champneys Springs Spa Resort is only 15 minutes away. Delightful market towns such as Ashby De La Zouch, Lichfield Market Bosworth, and Ashbourne or chocolate box villages to explore like Tissington, Ticknall, and Melbourne are all close by with interesting architecture, pubs, boutiques, and eateries.
Perhaps you’re in the area for work or are a guest at one of the beautiful local wedding venues such as Thorpe Constantine in Tamworth and are looking for a place to stay while in the area. This cottage is a perfect base to work from or to get ready for a family occasion.£68From price per night based on 7 night stay