- Melton Mowbray, England
A fabulous country house Estate just one hour by direct train from London yet a world away set in 500 acres of parkland. Steeped in history, dating back to Tudor times, the hotel is luxurious and makes a wonderful restful stay for you and four legged friends with a fabulous spa, pool and county pursuits at hand.£195Price per night fromPetsPyjamas Exclusive Package Available
- Market Harborough, England
The Three Swans is a traditional, dog-friendly Inn perfectly placed right in the center of the historic town of Market Harborough. This iconic building is a former 16th-century coaching inn and is as comfortable and elegant today as it was in its coaching heyday.£44Price per night fromPetsPyjamas Exclusive Package Available
- Twyford, EnglandA new property built in 2019 especially for self-catering stays. This unique property is set over two floors with an open plan living and dining room and a small kitchenette, perfect for drinks and snacks, with bi fold doors to the front where you can enjoy sitting outside in the enclosed courtyard overlooking the Leicestershire countryside and patio doors to the back leading to the private hot tub. Upstairs you will find the well-equipped kitchen/breakfast room and lovely bedrooms.
Set in the heart of the National Forest in Leicestershire in the lovely village of Newbold Coleorton, this is a great place to stay for couples, families, friends and business travellers looking for a luxurious property. With an abundance of walks right from your doorstep and a great pub within a few hundred yards, this is a great getaway. Within 3 miles you will find yourself in the market town of Ashby de la Zouch, a compact and thriving town with an abundance of independent retailers and eateries with a backdrop of The Ashby Castle ruins.
There is plenty to do in the area including a visit to the National Trust’s Calke Abbey and a trip to the indoor and outdoor adventure experiences at Conkers. Visit Hicks Lodge, a great place to walk, cycle and spot some unique wildlife, or enjoy a swim at the outdoor lido swimming pool at Hood Park. Donington Park race circuit is just over 5 miles away and stages some great racing events, driving experiences and track days. The Peak District National Park is within easy reach, approximately 30 miles away where you can enjoy the great outdoors and plenty of outdoor activities.
Other local towns close by include Loughborough, Coalville, Leicester, Derby and Burton on Trent. There is easy access to East Midlands Airport. The owners also offer their very own takeaway service, Rama Thai, available to order throughout the duration of your stay. It is an authentic, traditional Thai cuisine freshly prepared in the property next door to the holiday home. Shop ½ mile, pub 500 yards and restaurant 1 mile.£148From price per night based on 7 night stay
- EnglandWhat a beautiful cottage to stay for your next break in Central England. Rumoured to be one of the most photographed properties in this quaint traditional market town, you’ll enjoy both admiring it and being lucky enough to stay in it. Rainbow Cottage is a 17th century Grade II listed property complete with many traditional features which gives it fantastic character including exposed beams, low ceilings and doorways and a beautiful thatched roof. You’ll also be impressed with the stunning cottage garden which has won multiple awards including the RHS Gold Award in the East Midlands Britain in Bloom. The kitchen is equipped with everything you need to cook up a tasty English breakfast or sumptuous lunch, however, why not treat yourself as there are plenty of eateries in the town within a stones throw from the cottage.....you are on holiday after all!
There are many charming independent shops to peruse set amongst lots of historic buildings including the Dixie School and the attractive cobbled market square. The medieval town of Market Bosworth was made famous by the War of the Roses Battle, which ended in the death of Richard III; the Battlefield Heritage Centre is located a couple of miles away. You can also visit the Battlefield Line Steam Railway running from Shackerstone via Market Bosworth to Shenton in Leicestershire. Market Bosworth Country Park, offers 80 acres of parkland and includes a lake, an arboretum and wildlife ponds. The adventure playground and open space for younger visitors makes this a great family location.
There are many lovely walks in the area including along the towpaths at the Ashby Canal and Bosworth marina. There is more to do in the surrounding area, including a visit to the National Trust’s Calke Abbey, National Space Centre and Twycross Zoo. If you fancy being more active then skiing is available at the Snow Dome in Tamworth and the National Dive Centre at Stoney Cove is only 9 miles away. You can trip to the indoor and outdoor adventure experiences at Conkers. Visit Hicks Lodge, a great place to walk, cycle and spot some unique wildlife, or enjoy a swim at the outdoor lido swimming pool at Hood Park. If you like Motorsport then Mallory Park is only 5 miles away and Donington Park race circuit is 19 miles away and stages some great racing events, driving experiences and track days. You could also visit the Triumph Visitor experience and factory tour from Britains most Iconic Motorcycle Manufacturer 7 miles away. The Peak District National Park is within easy reach, approximately 40 miles away where you can enjoy the great outdoors and plenty of outdoor activities. Other local towns close by include Loughborough, Coalville, Leicester, Nuneaton, Derby and Tamworth. There is also easy access to East Midlands Airport. Pub and restaurant 120 yards.£90From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Set on a working farm of cattle and arable is this a fabulous split level spacious property in the rural village of Burton Overy. A large living room welcomes you on arrival into Brick Kiln Cottage where you can enjoy the inviting wood burner, perfect for those chillier evenings. Up to the next level, you’ll be greeted by a fully equipped large kitchen/diner where you can enjoy sociable meals together. Situated on the next floor are two bedrooms with a large family bathroom. The spacious king size bedroom occupies the top floor with a large walk-in shower in the en-suite. Spend the evening enjoying the final sunshine in the enclosed private garden or have a night off cooking and wander 5-10 minutes to the local pub. The picturesque village of Burton Overy is situated in a pleasant valley and is a lovely area for walks and cycling. Situated between the city of Leicester and the market town of Market Harborough there is something for everyone to enjoy. Market Harborough boasts an array of high street and independent shops, restaurants and cafes and the bustling city of Leicester offers a great shopping experience and is home to Leicester Football Club, Leicester Racecourse and the King Richard III Visitor Centre. The home to the famous flight of ten locks on the Grand Union Canal, named Foxton Locks is situated 10 miles away which is over 200 years old and are now Grade II listed. Here, you can also enjoy a visit to the historic boiler house or take a boat trip along the canal. Worth visiting is the National Space Centre at Abbey Meadows, 11 miles away. Rutland Water, a large manmade reservoir that provides entertainment for all the family, includes a number of water sport activities, bird watching, walking and cycling tracks just under 20 miles away. The market towns of Oakham and Uppingham in Rutland are also lovely towns to visit. There are many National Trust properties within 20 miles including Lyveden, Priest’s House at Easton on the Hill, Ulverscroft Nature Reserve and Stoneywell. Oadby, home of the fascinating University of Leicester Botanical Gardens, is 5 miles.£132From price per night based on 7 night stay
- EnglandSituated in the Leicestershire countryside just outside Melton Mowbray; home of the famous pork pie, is this traditional and spacious one bedroom annex. Located on the owner’s stud farm next to their home where you’ll meet their 4-legged fury family member and if you’re lucky, you may meet the baby foals around April/May. Guests are welcome to walk on the farm track and through the fields that do not have horses in them.
This is an ideal couple’s getaway as you’ll love this quiet and peaceful setting. Glossoms Farm is between the pretty villages of Thorpe Arnold and Scalford and just over 3 miles to the market town of Melton Mowbray with all its amenities including many eateries and shops. It’s also a great area for country walks and cycling. A 20-minute drive will take you to the breath-taking historic Belvoir Castle where you can enjoy the gardens and lakes as well as exploring the castle. There are many attractions accessible from Glossoms Lodge such as The Richard III Visitor Centre in Leicester, RAF Coningsby Battle of Britain Memorial Flight Visitor Centre, and the Lincolnshire Aviation Museum at East Kirby. The magnificent 3000-acre Rutland Water can be reached in under half an hour and attracts visitors worldwide to enjoy water sports, bird watching, walking, and cycling. Take a trip aboard the Rutland Belle Cruiser, visit the famous ospreys at Egleton Nature Reserve, or browse around Barnsdale Gardens, designed by the late Geoff Hamilton.
For outdoor pursuits, Twin Lakes, Sherwood Park, Rufford Country Park and Clumber Park are all well worth a day out, or you can enjoy a stroll alongside Grantham Canal with superb walks along the towpath. The market towns of Oakham, Stamford and Grantham are all nearby, and for serious shopping, Nottingham is a must.£62From price per night based on 7 night stay
- EnglandTucked away off the main high street through the pretty village of Lubenham is this quaint period cottage oozing with charm and character.
The open plan living/dining room provides space to relax and get together with your friends and family, and leads to the spacious kitchen, perfect for cooking up a holiday feast. Upstairs you are greeted by two lovely bedrooms to rest your head after a day exploring and walking. The friendly village pub is right next door so well within easy stumbling distance and being dog friendly, you can take your four legged family members too!
The village of Lubenham has previously won the prestigious ’Central Village of the Year’ award and wandering around, you’ll soon see why! This part of Leicestershire is well known for its beautiful scenery and is ideal for walking, horse riding and cycling. The village of Foxton is just 2 miles away, has a shop, and is home to the unique waterways landmark of Foxton Locks, the famous flight of ten locks on the Grand Union Canal which are Grade II listed and over 200 years old. Here you can visit the Boiler House, which is full of history, or take a leisurely boat trip. The market town of Market Harborough is also 2 miles away and has many independent shops, restaurants, bars and cafés to experience and explore. The train from Market Harborough can have you in St Pancras, London, in an hour. There are many National Trust properties within 20 miles including Lyveden, Priest’s House at Easton on the Hill, Ulverscroft Nature Reserve and Stoneywell. Oadby, home of the fascinating University of Leicester Botanical Gardens, is 12 miles, and close by from here is Leicester Racecourse. Rutland Water, with its many water sports and activities, nature reserves, walking and cycling, is about a ½-hour drive away.£75From price per night based on 7 night stay
- EnglandA beautiful and characterful Coach House awaits your stay in the lovely Leicestershire village of Beeby. You’ll love the stunning features of this property, including an en-suite shower room and beautiful surroundings, it’s the perfect place to relax and unwind for couples, friends and small families. Situated within the owner’s grounds, you have use of the enclosed garden and might meet their friendly four-legged family members! The countryside is on your doorstep and many fabulous walks can be enjoyed in this area. Spend the day exploring and return to your home from home holiday accommodation where you can enjoy a comfortable night’s sleep.
There are many nearby bustling market towns within 17 miles, including Oakham, Uppingham and Market Harborough, and they boast an array of independent shops, cafés and restaurants. Oadby, home of the fascinating University of Leicester Botanical Gardens, is under 7 miles, and close by is Leicester Racecourse. The city of Leicester is also under 7 miles where you can enjoy a shopping spree in the city centre high street shops, or the many retail parks. On the outskirts of the city, for space fans, enjoy a trip to The National Space Centre. Rutland Water is just over 20 minutes’ drive, and you can enjoy a range of activities including walking, cycling, water sports and bird watching at the two nature reserves.£76From price per night based on 7 night stay
- EnglandThis lovely holiday home is in the attractive village of Waltham on the Wolds, just 5 miles from Melton Mowbray, home of the famous pork pie. An ideal home from home to rest your head after a day out in the countryside for couples, friends and family. With a well-equipped kitchen, separate living room and dining room where you can enjoy your home cooked meals together and a shower room on the ground floor, the three double bedrooms and family bathroom is on the 1st floor. The house has been renovated to a high standard to ensure guests have an enjoyable and comfortable stay whether is for a few nights or a weeklong break. The village boasts a pub and delicatessen and further amenities including many shops and eateries can be found in the market town of Melton Mowbray.
There are many walks and cycling routes to discover in the area or is historic houses are more your thing, then you certainly won’t be disappointed with the breath-taking historic Belvoir Castle just over six miles away where you can enjoy the gardens and lakes as well as exploring the castle. For outdoor pursuits, Twin Lakes, Sherwood Park, Rufford Country Park and Clumber Park are all well worth a day out as is the magnificent three thousand acre Rutland Water which can be reached in under half an hour. Here you can enjoy water sports, bird watching, walking, and cycling.
Take a trip aboard the Rutland Belle Cruiser, visit the famous ospreys at Egleton Nature Reserve, or browse around Barnsdale Gardens, designed by the late Geoff Hamilton. Other attractions within easy reach includes The Richard III Visitor Centre in Leicester, RAF Coningsby Battle of Britain Memorial Flight Visitor Centre, and the Lincolnshire Aviation Museum at East Kirby. The market towns of Oakham, Stamford and Grantham where you can enjoy a stroll on the Towpath alongside the Grantham Canal are all nearby, and for serious shopping, Nottingham is a must.£106From price per night based on 7 night stay