- Wansford, England
A 16th century Coaching Inn in the delightful village of Wansford set on the River Nene with 12 acres of grounds for your dog to explore and stunning walks from the doorstep.£200Price per night fromPetsPyjamas Exclusive Package Available
- Cambridge, England
Nestled on the banks of the River Cam, in Cambridge’s historic centre, the dog-friendly Graduate Cambridge is an idyllic retreat that feels like an extension of the university, with design nods to college architecture, crests and discoveries like the DNA double helix.£260Price per night fromPetsPyjamas Exclusive Package Available
- Stilton, England
The Bell Inn is a traditional, dog-friendly hotel located in the center of the delightful market town of Stilton. Famous for its Stilton cheese, the hotel is steeped in history and dates back to 1500, although its origins could be even earlier as there is a record of a local innkeeper in 1437.£97Price per night fromPetsPyjamas Exclusive Package Available
- St Ives Cambridgeshire, England
A classic coaching inn, the dog-friendly Golden Lion Hotel is traditional, comfortable, and welcoming and has recently been refurbished offering modern-day comforts in a delightful 18c building.£109Price per night fromPetsPyjamas Exclusive Package Available
- Stretham, EnglandChittering Farm sits in the privacy of the owners’ arable farm accessed by a private road and is conveniently situated between Cambridge and Ely. The house was rebuilt from an old barn and affords every comfort for an enjoyable and relaxing stay. Situated on a busy working farm the property is an excellent choice for large family get togethers or friendly reunions that require spacious accommodation. It is the ideal base to explore Cambridgeshire, Suffolk and Norfolk. There are cycle routes to Cambridge and Ely easily accessed from the farm. Some guests may prefer to relax in the private (unfenced) 1-acre garden with its 4-acre paddocks and enjoy the facilities on-site or nearby.
Aqua park and wakeboarding on-site, a short walk from the property. There is also a tennis net and a large football goal in the garden. A games room with table tennis, pool table and dart board. Ely Leisure village 5½ miles has swimming pools, multi-screen cinema, health club, eateries and a driving range with 9 hole golf course and fishing is available locally. A stay here will also provide the opportunity to enjoy the rural location of the farm, with farm and river walks, bird watching and cycling. Located on the edge of the farm is Stretham Old Engine. Erected in 1831, it is a well-preserved example of a steam engine used to drain the farm in the early 20th century.
The city of Cambridge is 10 miles away, famous for its colleges, museums, tours and botanical gardens, where visitors can also try their hand at punting on the River Cam or enjoy a wealth of shops, cafés and restaurants. The city of Ely with markets and local shopping is 6 miles away in the other direction, steeped in history with its impressive medieval cathedral and long river frontage where you can enjoy a boat trip or riverside walk. If you fancy a trip to the beach the North Norfolk coast is less than 50 miles away, the Royal Sandringham Estate less than 40 miles, and Thetford Forest, famous for its walk and cycle routes only 35 miles away. National Trust properties can be found at nearby Wicken Fen, 5 miles, and Anglesey Abbey and gardens 13 miles. Newmarket is also 13 miles with music nights and race days, and the Imperial War Museum at Duxford 24 miles, so there is plenty of scope if you feel like exploring the area during your stay.£241From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Cambridge, EnglandEscape to the idyllic countryside of Cambridgeshire and discover the perfect getaway at this enchanting three-bedroom cottage in Sawston. Nestled amidst picturesque landscapes and within easy reach of Cambridge’s cultural delights, this property promises a memorable and relaxing escape for families and friends.
The cottage is tucked away in the peaceful village of Sawston. Enjoy the serenity of the countryside while being just a short drive from the vibrant city of Cambridge. With three cosy bedrooms, this cottage comfortably sleeps up to six guests. Each bedroom is tastefully decorated, ensuring a restful night’s sleep.
Step inside to discover a warm and inviting interior. The well-appointed kitchen is a chef’s delight, complete with modern appliances, ample counter space, and all the utensils you need to whip up delicious meals. Share family dinners in the charming dining room. Unwind in the cosy living room, where you can curl up with a good book or watch your favourite shows in front of a roaring wood burner on the cooler days. Alternatively, head to the garden and soak up the sun while listening to birdsong. The cottage boasts two private gardens where you can enjoy alfresco dining or simply bask in the beauty of the surrounding greenery.
Sawston village offers convenient access to local shops, pubs, and restaurants, ensuring you have everything you need for a comfortable stay. Explore the historic city of Cambridge, known for its world-renowned university, stunning architecture, and cultural richness. Visit the Fitzwilliam Museum, punt along the river Cam, or stroll through the stunning Botanic Gardens. Nature enthusiasts will delight in the numerous walking and cycling trails in the area.
The cottage is well-connected by road and public transport, making it easy to explore the surrounding areas, including nearby historic towns and the beautiful Cambridgeshire countryside. For plane enthusiasts, a visit to Duxford is a must and no need to book a ticket for the Duxford show as the planes fly overhead. For a day at the coast, there are many fine beaches within an hour’s drive.£96From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Cambridge, EnglandTucked away in the heart of the traditional historic town of Kimbolton, this Grade II, 13th-century stylish cottage combines contemporary living with a vintage eclectic feel.
You would not think you were in the heart of the town when you go through the large gates into a secret paradise. As soon as you step through the door you feel at home with comfortable furnishings and all you need for a relaxing retreat. Curl up with your favourite tipple and book in front of the roaring log fire on a cold winter’s evening. The cottage-style kitchen offers a range-style cooker, ideal for cooking up a feast. Upstairs, the three bedrooms are equally as stylish, and the single room has a bespoke single bed which will be a favourite with your children. The outside seating area is perfect to sit with your morning coffee or an evening gin and tonic, there is also a lawned garden area.
Kimbolton offers a variety of independent shops, restaurants, café, and pubs right on your doorstep. A visit to Kimbolton Castle will tell the story of Catherine of Aragon, who was a semi-prisoner there for four years before her death. Being only 40 minutes from Cambridge, it is well worth taking a day out to see the sights, do a bit of retail shopping, or take a ride on a punt whilst learning about all the historic buildings.
The medieval market town of St Ives is just 30 minutes away. St Ives Bridge is a picturesque crossing over the River Great Ouse, and one of just four bridges in England to have an in-built chapel which can be accessed by foot. Take a riverboat cruise to see the delights of the river. Catch a glimpse of mammals such as voles, shrews, deer, badgers, bats, and foxes at the Holt Island Nature Reserve. A leisurely day can be spent either playing golf or having a relaxing treatment at the Wyboston Lakes Resort. The children will love a day at Rumble Live, and Southlake Aqua Park offers fun on the water for all ages. If a day at the beach is what you are looking for then Hunstanton and glorious beaches are worth a visit.
These properties can be booked together to accommodate up to 10 guests.£102From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Cambridge, EnglandA fantastic three-bedroom Potton house resting in Elsworth, Cambridge. Pet-friendly. Woodburning stove. Family-friendly. Enclosed garden. Fen Drayton 5.2 miles; Little Paxton 11 miles; Cambridge 13 miles.£131From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Ely, EnglandThe Anchor is an idyllic, heritage, riverside property enjoying stunning views across the Ouse Washes. It offers a large rear garden which is perfect for al fresco dining and simply relaxing in. There is also a play area with trampoline, swing, seesaw and climbing frame for children or table tennis for the adults too. Dating back to the 17th century, this detached cottage was refurbished in 2021 and has been modernised to offer wonderful holiday accommodation. Set over two floors, the cottage has a ground floor living room featuring a large inglenook fireplace which oozes original character and charm. Upstairs are four wonderful bedrooms, each with a Smart TV and its own modern bathroom and shower room facilities. Two of the bedrooms have private, yet interconnecting rooms, offering comfortable sofa beds. The well-equipped kitchen has a large breakfast island for dining, a child friendly dining table, and boasts a commanding elevated view of the river, lawned garden and dining terrace below. The kitchen also leads to a balcony area with furniture.
Origins for The Anchor date back to the early 1700s, when it was originally built to provide lodgings and sustenance for the workers during draining of the Fens and its New Bedford River. This was actually a straight canal, formerly used by merchants to transport their goods, and is now used only for recreational purpose and acts as a natural haven for wild birds.
Situated on the edge of The Fens, the Anchor is surrounded by scenic tracks and routes for walkers, runners, amblers, cyclists, rowers and fishing, all benefiting from the stunning views of the River Great Ouse and its meadows. The property nestles quietly in the small rural hamlet of Sutton, just 15 minutes’ drive from historical Ely and 30 minutes’ drive from the University City of Cambridge. You can even enjoy a day at the races with Newmarket Racecourse less than 40 minutes’ drive away. Shop 7 miles, pub 1 mile and restaurants 2 miles.£196From price per night based on 7 night stay