Dog-friendly Hotels Cheshire
Surrounded by breathtaking landscapes and stunning scenery, Cheshire is the perfect place for country canines looking to escape, relax and unwind. You'll find plenty of dog friendly hotels for your Cheshire break, all with a warm welcome and dog friendly rooms.
- Chester, EnglandThis enchanting detached cottage rests on the outskirts of Tattenhall in Cheshire, with countryside views and exquisite traditional features, it makes a marvellous base for a family getaway. Pet friendly. Hot tub. Tattenhall 2 miles; Chester 7.6 miles.£236From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Malpas, EnglandA characterful terraced cottage, resting within the charming village of Malpas in Cheshire. Exposed beams. Open-plan living area. Pet-friendly. Conservation area. Wrexham 12.4 miles; Tarporley 13 miles; Chester 15 miles.£61From price per night based on 7 night stay
- High Peak, EnglandA stone-built, semi-detached cottage situated just outside the village of Chinley in the Peak District National Park. WiFi. TV. Beautiful Views. Chapel-en-le-Frith 3 miles; New Mills 6 miles; Buxton 8 miles.£40From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Knutsford, EnglandA luxury former farmhouse located in the Cheshire village of High Legh, near Knutsford. Character features. Contemporary style. Boules court. Off-road parking. Knutsford 6.1 miles; Northwich 7.8 miles; Altrincham 10.3 miles.£216From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Macclesfield, EnglandAccessed down a long winding track in a beautiful rural environment is the wonderful Hollowcowhey Farm Cottage. Set on the owners working farm this former barn has been beautifully converted to provide warm, comfortable, and quirky accommodation just perfect for couples.
Located in the magnificent Peak District National Park means the surrounding area is home to incredible countryside with excellent walking, mountain biking, cycling and rock climbing all easily accessible. Secure bike storage is available together with facilities to wash them down, and any four-legged friends. Its rural location means the nights are peaceful, dark and the grounds are visited by local red deer herds, greater spotted woodpeckers, lapwings, badgers, and foxes to name but a few.
Although truly rural, for anyone looking to venture further afield the towns of Bollington, Macclesfield, Buxton, and Whaley Bridge are all accessible in a 15 – 20-minute drive. In Whaley Bridge you can stroll along the tow path to the Buxworth Basin or take a narrow boat trip. The famous spa town of Buxton boasts the opera house, Pavilion Gardens, and the 5* Buxton Spa for anyone looking for some pampering. Bollington is a thriving town with plenty of busy pubs, eateries, bars, and cafés, and both Whaley Bridge and Macclesfield have train stations offering a direct service to Manchester in under an hour. You can travel through Winnets Pass to the charming village of Castleton in just over half an hour or visit Chatsworth House and Bakewell in around 45 minutes. Matlock Bath and Alton Towers also make great days out - the choice really is yours to do as much or as little as you like.£111From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Chester, EnglandIf you’re looking for a romantic break in the countryside, or to simply escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life then look no further than the delightful Olive. Set within the grounds of the warm and welcoming owners’ home, Olive was newly converted for 2023 and offers the opportunity for a luxury countryside break in a real home from home. Designed to make the most of the stunning countryside views you enter the property via the bedroom on the ground floor with the sociable open plan living space on the floor above benefitting from vaulted ceilings. The bedroom boasts a sumptuous kingsize bed and an indulgent sunken bath perfect for a relaxing soak after a day exploring the great outdoors. The en-suite arrangement also features a beautiful walk-in shower for a morning revival, a steep oak staircase takes you to the first floor where there’s a wonderful sense of space with the high vaulted ceiling and a beautiful mix of colours and furnishings. Outside there’s a private orchard with both seating and a fire pit perfect for enjoying an evening glass of wine, and with no nearby busy roads, you’ll be guaranteed to truly unwind.
The location is ideal for walkers of all abilities with the Sandstone Trail a mere stone’s throw from the property together with other local footpaths including the Eddisbury Way. A nearby country house hotel can be reached in around a 5-minute walk for a special evening meal, or for something a bit more casual a good food serving pub is around a 20-minute walk.
Willington is also home to an established riding centre where you can enjoy lessons or escorted hacks. Tarporley itself is less than 3 miles and is home to an array of characterful pubs, restaurants, and shops. Bike rides can be enjoyed through the woodland and around the lakes in Delamere Forest which is just a 15-minute drive as is the incredibly popular Oulton Park Race Circuit where you can buy driving experiences and race event tickets.
The castles of Beeston, Cholmondeley, Bolesworth and Peckforton can all be reached in 15–25 minutes and the historic city of Chester in half an hour. Chester offers a wide choice of high street shops, restaurants, cafés, and bars together with many attractions including the famous city walls, The Rows, cathedral and river cruises. There’s also Chester Zoo, Chester Racecourse, and the Cheshire Oaks Designer Outlet. Finally, the stunning Welsh mountains and coastline together with the many market towns and villages of both Cheshire and Shropshire that are all easily accessible, this luxurious little home truly has it all to keep people of all ages entertained.£93From price per night based on 7 night stay