Dog-friendly Hotels Cornwall
Heading to any popular destination in Cornwall and you'll have the choice of the best dog friendly hotels that the area has to offer. Cornwall has some superb dog walking areas, including the South West Coast path which takes you past Land's End, the Lizard peninsula and some beautiful beaches.
- Lostwithiel, England
This inviting dog-friendly hotel is the perfect spot to lay your head after a day of exploring the dramatic Cornish coastline with your canine companion.£150Price per night from
- Truro, EnglandA real gem! The perfect holiday retreat for those seeking to get away from it all, these stunning architect designed holiday cottages (refs 27073 to 27080) boast stylish interiors that cleverly unite the contemporary with the classic. Architect designed and furnished by interior designers, these unique and exclusive cottages have been finished to exacting standards. All feature a selection of local stone, slate and cedar and each has a carefully positioned patio and balcony. (The Haven cottages are all semi-detached, while Villa Gallery cottages are either semi-detached or detached).
Exquisite taste and exacting quality complement the use of local materials to produce a homely feel. The more energetic will enjoy the shared indoor and outdoor pools, tennis and squash courts and gym, or you can simply relax, unwind and sample some of the delectable cuisine on offer in the sophisticated Café Azur (all on-site facilities are open from Easter until the end of October). Alternatively, just sit back on your patio or balcony and observe the visiting wildlife.
A famously mild climate, gorgeous beaches, picturesque villages and top attractions are what visitors can look forward to when they stay at one of these holiday properties in South Cornwall. Ranging from the wide sweep of Falmouth Bay to tiny hidden coves reached by winding tracks, the beaches of South Cornwall are as perfect for lazy summer days as for invigorating winter walking. And there is also a great range of water sports on offer, many close by at Looe Beach.
Venture inland and you will find an array of enticing attractions within easy reach. The Eden Project, where giant transparent domes recreate different climate conditions, and the Lost Gardens of Heligan promise fascinating days out.
Enjoy sea angling trips and boat rides from charming fishing villages such as St Mawes, Mevagissey, Looe and Polperro, and Fowey is a firm favourite with the sailing community. The cathedral city of Truro and historic Penzance are both well worth a visit. Shop, pub and restaurant 1 mile. Accommodation allocated on arrival.£106Price per night fromPetsPyjamas Exclusive Package Available
- Lostwithiel, England£72Price per night from
- Tywardreath, EnglandSet to the rear of the owner’s house, this detached holiday apartment has the added bonus of its own heated indoor swimming pool, which leads directly off the living room. An enclosed courtyard garden adds to the appeal. The village of Tywardreath immortalised in a novel by Daphne Du Maurier who lived locally, is a hidden gem, deep in the Cornish countryside but only minutes from sandy beaches, cliff-top walks and picturesque fishing villages. With its award-winning local shops and pub, the village is a perfect spot in which to relax yet central enough to tour this stunning county. The Eden Project and many National Trust houses and gardens are all easily reached either by foot, bike or car. There are opportunities for deep sea fishing, river kayaking, sailing and surfing all nearby. Just a short stroll brings you to Par station so the chance to explore Cornwall by train is also possible, enabling you to leave the car for a while. Carlyon Bay Golf Club is close and the hotel has a spa for those who enjoy being pampered. The sailing town of Fowey with its narrow café-lined streets boasts a royal yacht club and annual cultural festival. Horse riding, woodland walks and off road cycling are all available at nearby Lanhydrock House. Beach
1/2mile. Shop, pub and restaurant 300 yards.£65Price per night from
- St Columb Major, EnglandAsh Lodge is a brilliantly spacious and bright three bedroom lodge, refurbished in 2019 and set within the family friendly Retallack Resort. This welcoming lodge is set in a wonderful location, whether you want to relax in stunning rural Cornwall or visit the famous coastline nearby.
When you step inside, you’ll be greeted by a large open plan living, kitchen and dining area which becomes flooded with natural light. Whether you want to prepare a delicious home cooked meal for the family, gather around the table or relax in front of the TV with a good film, this is the most inviting space. Ash Lodge also has three cosy bedrooms, two bathrooms, and an additional living and dining area on the first floor which opens out onto a delightful private balcony.
From the living area you can step through the sliding doors onto your own private, decked terrace. On a sunny day you can sit on the comfy chairs, sheltered under the parasol and enjoy a glass of wine or a bite to eat. There’s even a barbecue provided for those summer festivities.
If you don’t fancy venturing too far away from the lodge, there’s plenty on your doorstep to keep you occupied. On-site you’ll find a restaurant and bar, pitch and putt, tennis court and for the adventurous, the Flow Rider wave machine. To see more of the stunning beauty that Cornwall has to offer, you won’t have to travel far to reach picturesque Padstow and its fantastic restaurants.
Ash Lodge has a whole list of doggy extras to make your four-legged friend feel as welcome as you do.£79Price per night from
- St Ives, EnglandTaking some time out that’s just for you and those you love is important, and where better to do so than at Una Stannum 49? This contemporary 4-bedroom eco-lodge has a private terrace and is packed with features to ensure you enjoy every moment of your stay.
Escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life and unwind at on-site Spa, where you can indulge in a pampering massage or facial, or soothe tired muscles in the sauna and steam room. Our therapists will be following government guidance coupled with industry best practice and recommended systems of procedures from Elemis and we are committed to offering the very best pamper experience to residents and locals, within those guidelines. The indoor swimming pool is the perfect place to enjoy some ‘me’ time with a leisurely dip.
Foodies will delight at the resort’s restaurant where you can treat yourself and your loved ones to a menu packed with regional specialities. Our award-winning restaurant is open, offering informal dining inspired by Mediterranean influences and our woodfired oven. Treat yourself to breakfast, lunch, dinner or take time out for a relaxing coffee or cocktail! There are plenty of options for vegetarians on offer too. The focus here is on making the most of the freshest local produce, and you’re sure to find plenty to tempt your taste buds. You could even hire a private chef to really spoil yourselves with a gourmet dinner on the terrace as the sun goes down.
After all that indulgence, you’ll find a fitness suite on-site where you can stay in tip-top shape, or enjoy a leisurely 15-minute stroll to watch the sunset on the golden sandy shores of Carbis Bay.£161Price per night from
- Bude, EnglandOne of a kind, Riverside is a spacious, detached house which has been fully adapted for disabled use and is wheelchair-friendly. With a stylish interior design and a light, bright and airy feel, this property would really suit people of all ages and needs. The property boasts a fabulous hydrotherapy, indoor heated swimming pool with Jacuzzi and hoist, which lifts from ground level into the pool. There are also patio doors which lead out onto the decked terrace with a large outdoor table and bench seating.
There is a wheelchair lift in the hallway, taking you from the ground floor bedroom level down to the lower ground floor. The kitchen has been specially adapted, with some low level work surfaces and easily accessible sockets and light switches. The games room has a pool table and darts, with doors that open out on to a decked terrace area, and ramp access onto the lower garden. The living room is cosy, with a large corner sofa, beanbags for the kids, wood burner, large TV, Wi-Fi and an intercom system with camera to open the front door. The master bedroom has a large en-suite wet room, and there are wide access doorways throughout the property. The garden is fully enclosed, with ramp access all around, and a large covered fish pond below the terraced area. The property can be decorated for Christmas if you wish, and the owners are very accommodating to your special requirements.
Located in Bude, the property is just a few minutes walk from the canal and footpath into the harbour area. Don’t forget your canine friends too, dogs are very welcome at Riverside. All in all, this is a fabulous holiday home, perfect for a little relaxation and recuperation in this glorious part of north Cornwall. Beach 750 yards. Shop, pub and restaurant 100 yards.£118Price per night from
- St Austell, EnglandHewas Water House is perfect for family gatherings, nestled in a relaxing and tranquil setting. This delightful detached and spacious house has a modern design and comfortably sleeps up to ten guests. Perfect for relaxing around the pool or exploring the south coast of Cornwall and all it has to offer.
The town of St Austell is just an 8-minute drive away where you will find local shops, cinema and a choice of restaurants and pubs. The cathedral city of Truro is just a 20-minute drive away, offering a wider selection of amenities. Mevagissey is an ancient fishing village that offers local galleries, craft shops and fresh seafood restaurants. There are many beautiful gardens including the Lost Gardens of Heligan, the world-famous Eden Project and Caerhays Castle and Garden, all nearby. The historic port of Charlestown, one of the settings of TV’s drama ’Poldark’, is nearby as is the Roseland Peninsula. Porthpean and Pentewan Sands are the closest beaches, however there are beaches galore along the south coast. Also available at the village of Pentewan is an off-road cycle and walking trail that leads to the town centre of St Austell. Horse riding, canoeing, boat trips and walking are all catered for locally. There really is no shortage of things to do in this impressive part of Cornwall. Beach 5½ miles. Shop, pub and restaurant 1¼ miles.£322Price per night from
- EnglandHill Tops sits quietly within the 20-acre countryside grounds of Honicombe Holiday Village, with its impressive facilities including an outdoor and indoor pool, gym, sauna, and popular restaurant.
Providing stylish, bright, and airy accommodation, your holiday home has been carefully created to make your stay both enjoyable and memorable. You will find three bedrooms on the ground floor, one double with a lovely en-suite bathroom and two with zip and link flexibility, all with quality linens and charming décor throughout, offering the perfect environment for a deep sleep after a busy day of exploring; a family bathroom comprising of a walk-in shower, heated towel rail and toilet is also on the ground floor. Venture upstairs and a spacious open plan living area oozes charm, with well equipped kitchen, modern dining facilities and wonderful soft furnishings, ideal for sinking into at any time of the day.
Set out to explore the area and you will be spoiled for choice on where to go first; the exquisite Tamar Valley, an area of outstanding natural beauty is a short drive away, with valleys and woodland views, hills, and walks. Catch the train from Gunnislake and marvel at the scenery around you as you travel to the historic Naval city of Plymouth with its marinas, famous Hoe promenade, aquarium, many waterside bars, and restaurants.
Travel half an hour south-west and find popular Downderry Beach, sheltered with rock pools at low tide for children of all ages to enjoy. Beautiful Dartmoor National Park and mysterious Bodmin Moor are must visits, both showcasing some of the most spectacular vistas in the south-west. The choice of days out are endless here, so set off on your next new adventure. Beach 20 miles.£92Price per night from
- Newquay, England£66Price per night from