Dog Friendly Hotels Peak District
The Peak District is packed full of monumental walks and destinations including Kinder Scout, Hope Valley, Ladybower Reservoir and Curbar Edge. With spectacular views and historical estates, the Peak District National Park makes for a superb pooch getaway.
- Chesterfield, England
Ringwood Hall Hotel & Spa is a beautiful 19th-century manor house hotel set amongst six acres of formal award-winning gardens and surrounded by 29 acres of parkland - the perfect location for a dog-friendly getaway.£106Price per night fromPetsPyjamas Exclusive Package Available
- Barrow upon Trent, EnglandThese large attractive properties, situated in the grounds of the owner’s home, are just off a track in peaceful countryside, yet close to many amenities. Stenson Hill Farm can accommodate the largest family party, with own snooker room and attractive conservatory providing the dining area for the whole party and a lawned garden and large patio, whilst Stenson Lodge accommodates the slightly smaller group and has an attractive lawned garden overlooking the owner’s aviary with exotic birds. Both enjoy views over surrounding farmland and boast built-in barbecues. There are many attractions around with Calke Abbey and Derby with its theatres, clubs and restaurants within a 15 minute drive, whilst Ashbourne and Dovedale are 15 miles. Well worth a day out for any family or group are Matlock Bath, 20 miles, Alton Towers, 22 miles and Chatsworth House and Haddon Hall, a comfortable drive away. This property can be booked together with Stenson Hill Farm (ref 16165) to accommodate up to 34 guests. Shop and pub within ½ mile.£276From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Bakewell, EnglandA superb one-bedroom cottage resting on Burton Manor Farm on the outskirts of Bakewell, Derbyshire. In a National Park. Open-plan. Romantic. Shared games room. Chatsworth 6 miles; Matlock 9.7 miles; Buxton 12.6 miles.£52From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Bolsover, EnglandIncorporating a fabulous 1930s art deco theme throughout, this spacious semi-detached holiday property has been beautifully and lovingly renovated over a period of time, with superb insight and attention to detail. Quality period furnishings have been sought out and adorn each of the rooms, some having been beautifully restored, and the result is a bold masterpiece in the popular market town of Bolsover.
Most famous for its castle, Bolsover is ideally situated in the heart of the country between Sherwood Forest famous for Robin Hood, the Major Oak and RSPB centre; Newstead Abbey, the caves of Nottingham and the Peak District, and offers a superb blend of spectacular scenery and fabulous walking opportunities. Cultural activities, events and walking festivals regularly take place throughout the town, which is also home to a local market every Tuesday and Friday, and is bursting with local shops, restaurants and bars offering plenty for visitors to the area.
For guests who enjoy stately homes and gardens, Bolsover Castle is a matter of minutes away, and is home to magnificent paintings and extensive gardens. Hardwick Hall, known as one of the most splendid houses in England, can be reached in 20 minutes and the magnificent houses of Chatsworth House and Haddon Hall in around 40 minutes. The historic town of Chesterfield, which is most notable for its famous crooked spire, can be reached in around 20 minutes, and Sherwood Forest in around 30 minutes.
Finally, a whole host of Peak District towns and villages such as Edale (home to the start of the Pennine Way), Buxton with its diverse architecture, the show caves of Castleton, Matlock and its cable car, and Bakewell which is famous for its puddings, are all under an hour away. With events throughout the year, 18-20 September, The Great British Food Festival Hardwick Hall, 3 October Bolsover Brass Festival, Shirebrook Academy and 6-24 November Christmas Market, Chatsworth House to name a few. There is plenty to keep you busy during you’re stay no matter what time of the year is it! Shop and restaurant ¾ mile, pub ½ mile.£66From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Tideswell, EnglandThis delightful, stone, mid-terraced 17th century holiday cottage is warm, cosy and beautifully presented with great finishing touches. It sits in a prime location within the Peak District National Park in the centre of Tideswell, a large village which makes an excellent base being home to traditional pubs, coffee shops, delicatessens and a local supermarket. For outdoor enthusiasts there are excellent walks direct from the door through Tideswell Dale, leading out onto the Monsal Trail, which has old railway tunnels, and being traffic free is also perfect for easy cycling and horse riding. Many surrounding pretty Peak District villages and towns such as the historic plague village of Eyam, Bakewell famous for its pudding, and the spa town of Buxton can all be reached in around a 15 minute drive, as can the magnificent historic houses of Chatsworth Estate and medieval Haddon Hall. There is climbing available at the ever popular Stanage Edge, which is around 30 minutes away, and watersports at the beautiful Carsington Water, which can be reached in around 45 minutes. Finally, for those thrill seekers, you can take a cable car ride from Matlock Bath and visit The Heights of Abraham, 30 minutes, or UK’s premier theme park Alton Towers, 45 minutes. Golf nearby. Shop 100 yards, pub and restaurant 75 yards.£54From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Over Haddon, EnglandIn the heart of the Peak District National Park, and just 2 miles from Bakewell, this beautiful converted barn lies beside the medieval manor farm in Over Haddon, a charming village perched on the side of idyllic Lathkill Dale. Combining ancient beams, vaulted ceilings and stone walls with smart furnishings and fittings and a luxurious level of comfort. The village’s renowned dining pub is just 200 yards and Bakewell, a picturesque, fascinating town and home of the famous Bakewell Pudding, boasts a lively Monday market, fine shopping, a museum, swimming pool and golf. Excellent walking and horse riding can be enjoyed locally and Lathkill Dale itself is a National Nature Reserve.£51From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Alport, EnglandTake a beautiful Peak District National Park setting, just 3½ miles from Bakewell, add a historic hall (first recorded in the Domesday Book), and an ancient cluster of listed buildings converted to form superb holiday cottage accommodation, and the result is the captivating blend that is Harthill Hall.
Nestling in 14 acres of grounds on an upland called Priest’s Hill with excellent walking available from the doorstep, the properties have the use of an extensive range of leisure facilities including an indoor heated swimming pool, sauna, solarium and treatment rooms. Noble names have woven the threads of the hall’s long history including Henry de Ferrers, the Cokaynes and the Harthills. Henry VIII is also believed to have stayed at the hall.
It was here in 1259 that Sir Richard de Hartle was issued a Papal Bull by Pope Alexander II, allowing him to appoint his own chaplain. The chapel ceased its functions as a place of worship in 1546 and now takes the form of The Chapel and Hartle Cottage. The eight cottages are furnished with antiques and surround a medieval cobbled courtyard. They all retain a wealth of original features including thick stone walls, large oak beams, mullion windows and flagstone floors. Derbyshire’s bustling market towns, villages, hills, dales and rivers offer majestic scenery, and a rich variety of customs. Boasting a varied and beautiful landscape, they offer a blend of heritage, history and family attractions.
The beautiful market town of Bakewell (3½ miles) is situated on the River Wye, crossed by a 13th-century five-arched bridge which has coffee shops and restaurants. Within easy reach are Matlock, Hall Leys Park, Chesterfield, Alfreton and Buxton. National Trust properties and gardens nearby include Riley Graves, Longshaw, Mam Tor, South Peak, Dovedale, Hardwick Hall and Kedleston Hall. Close by are both Chatsworth House and Haddon Hall. Golf and horse riding are available within 5 miles. Shop 3½ miles, pub 1 mile.£237From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Sheldon, EnglandThis holiday cottage is spacious, yet intimate, and commands beautiful views of the countryside surrounding the peaceful village of Sheldon, only 3 miles from the market town of Bakewell. The oldest part of the cottage dates from 1800 and has been converted skilfully into a living room with tasteful furnishings, original beams, exposed stone walls and a large fireplace with a multi-fuel burner. There is a large dining area adjacent to the living room and a kitchen which leads into a south-facing conservatory, ideal for breakfast and relaxing. There is a downstairs toilet and utility area. Upstairs has three large double bedrooms (two with en-suite showers) and a bathroom. One of the bedrooms has a 6ft zip and link bed which can be used as a double bed or two single beds. The cottage has Sky TV and wi-fi internet access. Only a few steps from the main cottage is a games room and studio apartment. The large, heated games room has a pool table and table tennis table as well as a drying room for wet clothes and boots. Above the games room is the studio with sitting room and a double bedroom with en-suite. The sitting room has a sofa bed (for alternative sleeping only) and a TV. The cottage stands in an enclosed garden which has driveway parking for four vehicles, flower beds and two lawns. The larger lawn overlooks the nearby fields and hills, and is ideal for ball games. It adjoins a stone-flagged patio area with a built-in barbecue and outside table and chairs. Sheldon has a pub close to the cottage which is friendly and provides good food. The village is within easy reach of Bakewell and Ashford-on-the-Water, and is an excellent starting point for walking, exploring the countryside and visiting Chatsworth, Haddon Hall, The Heights of Abraham in Matlock Bath, the caves around Castleton and many other attractions in the Peak District. Shop 1 mile, pub 100 yards.£174From price per night based on 7 night stay