Dog Friendly Hotels Devon
Devon's countryside is the ideal destination for a holiday with your furry friend. The South West coastal path, Dartmoor national park, the dog friendly beaches in South Devon, and the spectacular North Devon coast all make for the pawfect escape.
There are plenty of pet friendly hotels that will give your furry friends a warm welcome. You'll find dog friendly rooms for your canine companion, easy access, room service, and a dog bed that might even out shine your own. All of our pet friendly options make a great stay for dog owners.
- Salcombe, England
Just a stone’s throw from the chic seaside town of Salcombe in Devon, dog-friendly Soar Mill Cove Hotel & Spa offers warm and welcoming hospitality in a picturesque coastal setting.£239Price per night from
- Bridford, England
A haven in the wilds of Dartmoor, dog-friendly Weeke Barton is a 500-year old rural home that has been transformed into a chic and stylish guesthouse.£165Price per night from
- Tiverton, England
Loyton Lodge is a dog-friendly haven, built on the foundations of an old Devon courtyard farm with glorious 300 acres of land to explore on the doorstep.£145Price per night from
- Salcombe, England
A stone's throw from the chic seaside town of Salcombe in Devon, the dog-friendly Soar Mill Cove Villas guarantee guests and their pooches a peaceful stay in a picturesque coastal setting.£194Price per night from
- Bradworthy, EnglandNestling in glorious Ruby Country, an unspoilt area of North Devon, Heath Farm provides the ideal relaxing holiday location. These two delightful holiday properties are spacious and well presented and retain much of their original charm. Each stand within their own large lawned gardens which provide a great place for children to play and al-fresco dining. Riding, cycling and walking trails are in abundance and the famous Tarka Trail, 8 miles, is popular with cyclists and walkers. A public footpath passes through the owner’s 40 acres of pasture and woodland. Guests are free to enjoy the grounds and if you bring your own fishing rod you can cast your line in one of the owner’s three coarse fishing lakes. Bradworthy is only 2 miles away with village shops and amenities along with a popular 14th century village inn. Some of the west country’s prettiest coastline is within a short drive including Bucks Mill, Clovelly and Hartland. Bude, famous for its surfing and sandy beaches, is 10 miles and has restaurants, indoor splash pool, ten pin bowling, golf, shops and galleries. The Big Sheep and The Milky Way adventure parks are close by and the villages of Boscastle and Tintagel and The Eden Project are all within easy reach. Water sports are available within 5 miles. Shop and restaurant 2 miles, pub 1½ miles.£129Price per night from
- Newton Abbot, EnglandSituated in a quiet rural location, Bardon Lodge is a spacious property attached to the owner’s home and set within 10 acres of grounds. The property is surrounded by fields and woodland, yet close enough to all amenities. The property has been decorated and furnished to a very good standard and is all on one level with both bedrooms having en-suite facilities. There is a living room with patio doors which lead to the decking area, ideal for dining al fresco. The sitting room also has patio doors leading out to the garden. The owner has horses and free range chickens may even come and visit!
There are so many places to visit and so easy to get to. Take a trip to Totnes where there are many shops, markets and walks along the riverbank. Dartmoor is just a short car ride where you can see the ponies, walk the Tors or simply stop off in one of the many villages for a Devon cream tea. Paignton, Torquay and Brixham are also great places to visit, as are Exeter and Plymouth, both within 30 minutes’ drive. There are many National Trust properties including Agatha Christie’s summer home ’Greenway’, well worth a visit. For the children, there is Crealy Adventure park, or Go Ape in Haldon. If you are bringing a bicycle, there are many cycle ways off road to be explored, including Powderham Castle where there is a cycle track all along the estuary. There is so much to see and do in this glorious part of Devon. Beach 6 miles. Shop 1 mile, pub and restaurant ½ mile.£96Price per night from
- Fairy Cross, EnglandSet within beautiful open countryside, in a peaceful rural village just 3 miles from historic Bideford, this traditional stone barn has been converted to holiday accommodation of a very high standard, combining modern amenities with original character. With a contemporary kitchen/dining area with Redfyre Aga and first floor living room with beamed apex ceiling and countryside views. Close to many local attractions and dramatic South-West coastal paths for spectacular walking, there are numerous beaches ranging from the quaint fishing village of Buck Mills, to sandy beaches of Westward Ho! with its 18-hole golf and family attractions. Exmoor National Park within easy driving distance. Fishing within 5 miles. Shops 3 miles.£88Price per night from
- Hartland, EnglandThe Old Roundhouse is a unique escape in sumptuous accommodation, the perfect holiday retreat in genuine peace and tranquillity. This stunning, spacious, detached barn conversion with original roundhouse enjoys total seclusion within its own large gardens on the edge of the owner’s farm, with no near neighbours. Nestling in this designated AONB, uninterrupted and magnificent views of the surrounding countryside abound and lovely walks can be enjoyed from the property. A 10-minute walk over the owner’s fields and woods leads to Hartland village with shops, three pubs and a lovely coffee shop. Sandy Spekes beach is just over a mile walk. A fabulous, picturesque, hidden treasure, great for rockpooling and surfing. The owners have maintained many original features - exposed internal stone walls, beams and wonderful slate floors with underfloor heating throughout. Everything has been thought of to ensure an incredible holiday to please everyone. The Old Roundhouse is a really special holiday home and a warm welcome awaits with complimentary chilled beer and wine, cream teas, fresh flowers and toiletries - all ingredients for a well earned break. The stunning World Heritage coastline abounds with family activities, from pretty beaches to hidden coves, once the haunt of smugglers. Hartland Abbey is worth a visit, as is the famous Clovelly. Bude and Bideford are within easy reach with their shops, attractions and leisure pursuits. Shops ½ mile.£190Price per night from
- Hartland, EnglandPeacefully located within glorious countryside just 3 miles from the breathtaking North Devon Coast, Bramble, Hawthorn and Tamarisk cottages offer the perfect holiday choice for couples, family and friends holidaying with their furry friends at any time of year. Located on the owner’s farm with horses, donkeys, sheep and chickens within the Hartland Peninsula, it is the ideal base to explore this unspoilt area of North Devon. These three delightful cottages are beautifully presented with glorious country views towards the coast and Lundy Island. The village of Hartland lies a short distance away and offers a post office, café, two well-stocked shops for provisions, a fish & chip shop and a choice of three popular dog-friendly pubs serving food. The area has a great deal to offer with Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty and Sites of Special Scientific Interest on your doorstep, along with Hartland Quay, Hartland Abbey and the lighthouse at Hartland Point. English Heritage Coastline can be accessed from a maze of footpaths within a mile of your doorstep. The nearby beaches and coves are a treat to explore and keen surfers and beach lovers have an abundant choice of far-reaching sandy beaches in the area, with Bude and Westward Ho! within easy driving distance. There is even the added benefit of an outdoor washing point at the properties, perfect for sandy dogs, and the choice of two fields to safely exercise your dog off lead. Fishing, watersports and sailing at nearby Tamar Lakes. Golf, riding and cycling on the Tarka Trail all close by. The fishing villages of Clovelly and Bucks Mills are within an easy drive or walking distance for keen walkers along the National Trust coastal paths. Lundy Island trips by helicopter or boat can be taken from Bideford, a historic port and market town which offers a good selection of shops, pubs and restaurants. Shops, pubs and restaurant 1 mile.£51Price per night from
- Hartland, EnglandThis holiday retreat nestles within the Hartland Peninsula, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty on the North Devon Coast, just 2 miles from the beach. This detached barn conversion, close to the owners’ home, sits peacefully within its own large private garden and is beautifully presented with bi-fold doors from the living room leading onto a sunny patio area, ideal for a summer BBQ, and there is a cosy wood burner to curl up beside on cooler evenings. Three pretty bedrooms, a bathroom with a free-standing bath, plus a shower room, and contemporary kitchen/dining room and living room make this the perfect holiday choice for families and friends. This property is ideal for a seaside holiday at any time of year. The coastline in both directions offers some of the most breathtaking scenery in the West Country and there are many long sandy beaches and hidden coves to explore. Hartland village is just 2 miles and has a good selection of village shops and pubs serving food. Bude, 13 miles, has a good selection of shops and restaurants, many specialising in locally caught sea food, along with a golf course, indoor ‘splash pool’, surf schools and bowling. The delightful port town of Bideford, 16 miles, has a good selection of town amenities, restaurants, a weekly market and boat trips to Lundy Island. Coastal walking, cycling, golf, riding, fishing, surfing and sailing are all available in this stunning area. Docton Mill, Hartland Quay and Hartland Abbey are close by, along with many pretty fishing villages to explore including nearby Clovelly, Instow and Appledore. For family fun, the Big Sheep and Milky Way adventure parks are a must. Shop, pub and restaurant 2 miles.£884Price per night from