Dog-friendly Hotels Dorset
Dorset is a pawsome holiday destination for furry family members all year round. The famous Jurassic coast, Durdle Door, Poole harbour, rolling countryside and the surrounding countryside make the Dorset coast super dog friendly for a British break.
- Chideock, EnglandThis charming, spacious, Grade II listed, thatched, detached cottage is set in the delightful village of Chideock. Between Lyme Regis and Bridport, and a short walk from the beach at Seatown and the scenic World Heritage Jurassic Coast, this is an ideal holiday base. Enjoy superb coastal walking, with breathtaking views from Golden Cap, fishing, swimming and fossil hunting, or explore Lyme Regis with its Cobb, harbour and quaint shops, and many other attractions nearby. Shop and pub 400 yards.£131From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Bridport, EnglandSet in the unspoilt village of Bothenhampton about a mile from Bridport and the new harbour of West Bay, where the TV series ’Broadchurch’ was filmed, and its beaches. The historic rope-making town of Bridport with its twice weekly market is a gateway town to the Jurassic Coast, England’s only natural World Heritage Site. Sweet Briar (ref 8234) and Buzzards (ref 8235, first floor) are in the east wing of an old country house and Farthings (ref 19292) is in the west. Many badgers have made their sets in the hill behind, and there is an abundance of wildlife. Perfect for relaxing or more invigorating walking holiday in this Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, which includes extensive National Trust land. Chesil Beach, one of the finest barrier beaches, begins at West Bay. Lyme Regis with its Cobb and the famous fossil beach at Charmouth are close by. Not far away is the ancient town of Dorchester with its Iron Age hill fort and Roman town house and many other sites of historic interest. Spend a day at Abbotsbury Swannery, the only place in the world where you can walk among the baby swans (hatching from May). Golf course and leisure centre nearby. Bike hire available locally. Ideal for exploring the Jurassic Coast or for just relaxing in this tranquil village. Shop, pub and restaurant
¾ mile.£48From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Salwayash, EnglandSet in beautiful west Dorset countryside, just a short distance from the market town of Bridport, West Bay (scene of the TV series Broadchurch) on the World Heritage Jurassic Coast and the popular seaside resort of Lyme Regis, this single-storey, terrace barn conversion, for two, is excellent holiday accommodation for those wishing to enjoy some wonderful scenic coast or country walking, perhaps with the dog. The dramatic coastline stretches from Lyme Regis, all the way to Weymouth and Portland, taking in the famous Chesil Beach and Golden Cap, and has some superb little seaside resorts to explore. Inland, one will find much to enjoy ranging from Forde Abbey and Gardens, Broadwindsor Craft Centre and just over the border in Somerset, Barrington Court and Montacute House (both NT), Yeovilton Fleet Air Arm Museum and the Haynes Classic Motor Museum. Beach 5 miles. Shop 1½ miles, pub and restaurant ½ mile.£47From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Bowleaze Coveway, EnglandJust 200 yards from the seafront at Weymouth, with wonderful views over the bay and onto Portland, this first floor holiday apartment for six has a compact garden, reached by a small footbridge, and offers a great location for a family holiday. From the doorstep, one can enjoy water activities from swimming, fishing, boating and wind surfing, to scenic coastal walking and many restaurants nearby. Local attractions include the Sealife Centre, Adventure Park and Tower, and Radipole Nature Reserve.
Bowleaze Cove, north east of Weymouth and near the village of Preston, is a sand and shingle beach extending to the whole of Weymouth Bay. The cove is on the Jurassic Coast and is known for its geology. Dogs are welcome from October to April only, and the sea is great for taking a dip or simply paddling. A zoned area offers watersports.
Within easy driving, take in Lulworth Cove, Lulworth Castle and on to Corfe Castle and the Swanage Railway. You can also visit Lyme Regis, explore the famous World Heritage Jurassic Coast with its spectacular scenery, taking in Abbotsbury Swannery and Tropical Gardens, or Westbay, scene of the Broadchurch TV series. Perhaps an inland visit to Monkey World, the Tank Museum at Bovington and of course Dorchester, with its many attractions too. You will have much to do for a great holiday. Beach 200 yards. Shop 400 yards, pub and restaurant 100 yards.£69From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Christchurch, EnglandSeaside Cottage (UKC5932) and Coastguard Cottage (UKC5933) each feature two comfortable double bedrooms. Bedroom one has a kingsize bed that can be made up as twin beds on request, with a sea view and an en-suite shower. Bedroom 2 has a double bed with beautiful sea views. There is also a comfy double sofa bed available in the spacious open plan living area with kitchen.
The beach is just 100 or so yards walk away and this area of Southbourne is quieter than the beaches towards Boscombe and Bournemouth. It is a sandy beach with fantastic views across the ocean and toward the Isle of Wight and The Purbecks. Also within walking distance is Southbourne high street which has a selection of convenience stores, independent restaurants, shops and pubs, including is a wide variety of takeaways and cafés as well.
There are numerous places you can visit nearby including Hengistbury Head which is an area of Scientific Interest due to the abundance of wildlife. Christchurch with its , independent shops, beautiful harbour and wide range of independant shops and eateries is well worth a visit. Bournemouth is also within easy reach with high street of shops, frequent events, cinema, theatre and of course its golden sandy beaches The New Forest with its free-roaming ponies, cattle and donkeys. It is an excellent place to go walking and cycling and is just a short drive away.
These properties can be booked together to accommodate up to 12 guests.£194From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Dorchester, EnglandPercheron Cottage is the ideal holiday home for a multi generation stay with spacious and flexible accommodation, large enclosed garden and a wonderful rural outlook. Nestled at the end of a quiet no through road (near a great little golf course), the location is perfect to get away from it all and relax.
The accommodation is perfect for family or friendship groups with a generous living space that flows from kitchen to dining room to large sitting room with bi-fold doors opening to the garden. This home also offers a separate kids sitting room - perfect for teens to escape to with a games console and a large Smart TV. There is also a ground floor bedroom with en-suite facilities. The first floor offers three further double bedrooms and three bathrooms, two of which are en-suite. Outside, this home offers a large enclosed garden, perfect for little ones and dogs to let off steam, whist the adults enjoy a drink whilst relaxing on the patio. For cooler evenings, a separate, heated conservatory is on hand to enjoy the garden, whist staying warm and dry!
This wonderful home is located just 2½ miles from the charming county town of Dorchester and just 1 mile from a popular village inn. Dorchester has a great range of independent shops and eateries and is well worth a visit. A trip to this part of Dorset would not be complete without a day out to the stunning Jurassic Coast, England’s only natural World Heritage site that runs 95 miles from the charming Victorian seaside town of Swanage in the east, to Exmouth in Devon.£104From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Shaftesbury, EnglandAnvil Cottage is a cosy converted blacksmith’s forge, set on the owners’ working farm. Situated in a quiet hamlet, there are many footpaths close by, surrounded by wonderful countryside. The cottage, accessed by a rough track, is on a smallholding with a few sheep and cattle, dogs are welcome but must be kept on a lead. The rooms are large, with a cosy wood burner in the living room to curl up by after a day exploring, or you could sip a glass or two of wine whilst eating al fresco in the garden, or perhaps enjoy a barbecue.
There are many wonderful places to visit within an hour’s journey from the cottage, including Longleat, Farmer Giles Park, Monkey World and Bovington Tank Museum, which can all be reached in under an hour by car. Why not wonder at the Blue Pool near Wareham or hop over to Brownsea Island, Kingston Lacey and many other National Trust properties within easy reach? Nearby popular beaches include Weymouth, Bournemouth and Swanage and all three resorts have a variety of amusements, shops and cafés to keep the family entertained. Anvil Cottage is a lovely place for a most restful holiday in a very unspoilt region of England. Beach 21 miles. Shop 4½ miles, pub and restaurant 1¼ miles.£53From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Bridport, EnglandThe Retreat is a semi-detached, Grade II listed, stunning five bedroom country house nestled at the heart of the pretty Dorset Village of Burton Bradstock. Set just ½ mile from Hive Beach, on the world heritage Jurassic Coast, it’s perfectly located between Weymouth and Lyme Regis. The house itself is perfect for large family groups with stylish and flexible accommodation over three floors. The social hub is a large kitchen/dining room and is perfect to relax, cook and enjoy each other’s company. The stylishly furnished living room is the perfect space in which to relax after a busy day exploring.
The village of Burton Bradstock is a beautiful place to explore, with village inns, a restaurant and a superb café directly on Hive Beach. A little further afield is the harbour settlement of West Bay which is a spectacular place to while away a few hours. The pretty harbour has a back drop of stunning sandstone cliffs and beautiful beaches.
The Market towns of Dorchester and Bridport are a short drive away and offer a wide variety of independent shops and eateries. This luxury holiday home will have you enchanted from the moment you step inside, and will have you longing to return.
The Retreat can be booked together with Coach House Retreat (UK32202) to accommodate up to 17 guests.£228From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Sturminster Newton, EnglandSituated in the lovely town of Okeford Fitzpaine, The Stables at Mill Farm accommodates six guests in three comfortable, well-furnished bedrooms. All on the ground floor, the property has an open plan living space with a wood burner, perfect for those chillier evenings. The dining area has enough seating for everyone to enjoy a home cooked meal, and the kitchen is well-equipped with everything you need for a self-catering holiday. There is a double bedroom, two twin bedrooms, a family bathroom and a separate toilet. Outside, there is a small patio with outdoor furniture, where you can sit and listen to the trickling stream which runs alongside the property. In addition, The Stables provides Wi-Fi, private parking and two dogs are accepted.
Awarded the ’Best Large Village 2018 in Dorset’ by Channel 4, Okeford Fitzpaine is the perfect destination for families, nature lovers, walkers, cyclists and those looking to escape to beautiful rural Dorset. The village features a well-stocked village shop and traditional country pub, both within a short walk of The Stables. For larger shops, the town of Sturminster Newton is 3 miles away. The surrounding area, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, offers superb walks, or enjoy stunning views across the Blackmore Vale from the wonderful Bulbarrow Hill, one of Dorset’s highest points, just a short drive from the property.
Further afield there is a large selection of attractions and activities including The Jurassic Coast, The Purbecks, Brownsea Island, Corfe Castle, Shaftesburys Gold Hill, the sandy beaches of Sandbanks and Bournemouth, National Trust properties such as Kingston Lacey and Stourhead, Dorchester, the home of Thomas Hardy, Salisbury Cathedral, Monkeyworld and Bovington Tank Museum, which can all be reached within an hour. For lovers of food and drink, the area has an array of pubs and restaurants, as well as organic farm shops and food markets offering plenty of high quality local produce.£63From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Christchurch, EnglandIvy cottage is a charming period home with a stylish modern open plan interior. This is the perfect home from home ideally suited to couples looking to explore this beautiful part of Dorset. With a generous open plan kitchen/dining/ living space perfect for cooking eating drinking and relaxing, with two ground floor bedrooms and bathroom and a first floor master suite completing the accommodation. Outside is a peaceful and private garden, ideal for relaxing with a drink after a day’s exploring or maybe a spot of al fresco dining during warmer months. Ivy Cottage is nestled along a quiet country lane at the edge of The New Forest National Park and just under 5 miles away from the coast. The location makes this cottage the perfect choice for guests looking to explore the natural beauty of this charming county. The beautiful riverside town of Christchurch is just a few miles away and is home to a wide variety of independent shops, pubs and eateries and is a wonderful place to wander and explore. Whatever your reason for choosing Ivy Cottage we are sure this lovely holiday home will have you longing to return.£84From price per night based on 7 night stay