- Ulrome, EnglandThis spacious, newly furbished for 2022 and equipped dormer bungalow, adjacent to the owners home is situated in the coastal village of Ulrome, only 0.5 mile walk to the lovely beach, it makes the ideal seaside holiday home. 5 miles north of Hornsea, famous for its pottery, mere and Freeport Shopping Centre. Situated 8 miles south of Bridlington with its seafront rides, habour and cliff top walks. An excellent touring base for the other seaside resorts of Filey, Scarborough, Whitby, Staithes and Robin Hood’s Bay all well worth a visit. Inland to the market towns of Driffield, Beverley and the historic city of York all within easy reach. Shop 0.5 miles. Pub 1.1 mile.£79From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Beverley, EnglandThis charming cottage has been lovingly renovated throughout 2023, with many modern touches to ensure you have an unforgettable stay with a little touch of luxury. There is an enclosed rear garden, where you can unwind after a busy day exploring with outdoor seating so that you can make the most of a sunny afternoon. Stepping inside the entire ground floor boasts flag stone flooring with underfloor heating adding a touch of luxury. The modern kitchen has a dining area where you can enjoy each other’s company over dinner or even then later, an evening board game. The living room room boasts a wood burner ensuring you are always cosy even on the chilliest of evenings. There is nothing like bathing in the warm glow of a real fire.
Adjoining the kitchen is a boot room which doubles as a bike and outdoor equipment store, perfect for guests who love the great outdoors. Upstairs are two beautifully presented bedrooms, one with a double bed, the other with zip and link kingsize bed which can be made up as two single beds on request. There is also a shower room on this floor. This is a great choice for couples, as well as friends and families looking for somewhere special.
Cherry Burton is a quaint village with a real sense of community. A warm welcome awaits you at the dog and family friendly pub across the road from cottage which serves wonderful home cooked food and great Sunday dinners. The well stocked village shop is also a few doors away. The surrounding area of the Yorkshire Wolds inspired the famous David Hockney paintings, and walkers and cyclists can enjoy the gentle undulating hills and stunning scenery. Visit the delightful market town of Beverley less than a 10-minute drive away with a beautiful Minster, historical buildings and cobbled streets, bordered by pavement cafés and fine dining restaurants. Beverley hosts spectacular music festivals and numerous farmers’ markets, as well as horse racing at the Westwood racecourse. A day at the races is a great excuse to get dressed up whilst having a flutter.
For days out on the coast, Hornsea is just 30 minutes away with a golden beach stretching for miles all the way to Bridlington. The coastline here is glorious. The port city of Hull is also only 30 minutes away with attractions including The Deep, a huge aquarium housing over 3,500 fish, the Ferens art gallery, the Maritime Museum and the Hull Truck Theatre.£88From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Beverley, EnglandSet on a working stud farm amidst picturesque countryside in the East Riding of Yorkshire, Farriers Lodge is a horse lovers dream and has been sympathetically renovated to reflect the heritage of the area. This extends to the exterior render being made the old fashioned way using hemp grown in fields surrounding the cottage. Just perfect for those looking to relax with family and friends whilst leaving the stress of everyday life behind. Farriers Lodge is a delightful detached barn conversion set on a working horse stud farm in open countryside, just outside the village of Brandesburton. It provides the perfect base for exploring not only the stunning Yorkshire Wolds and east coast, but also the vibrant towns of Beverley and Driffield.
Bright and welcoming, this dog friendly property has an open plan living space with a large fireplace complete with wood burner and deep sofas. The kitchen and dining area provides all the mod cons to enable the chef in the group to cook delicious home-made fayre throughout the holiday. The central staircase is flooded with natural light from the overhead Velux window and leads to the first floor, where you will find two well-appointed, cosy bedrooms. Both rooms are lovingly furnished with vaulted ceilings. The cottage is tastefully decorated throughout and oozes traditional Yorkshire charm and character. Outside, the small courtyard has seating and enjoys the sun for the majority of the day. It also boasts a private hot tub, the perfect place to relax and enjoy your favorite holiday tipple. As a working stud farm, the owners offer the opportunity to look around and see some of their world class stallions, mares and foals (this can be arranged on arrival). For those with their own horses, stabling is available so your four legged friend can also enjoy a holiday (charges and additional T&Cs apply).
Fraisthorpe Beach is perfect for dog walking and horse riding and is popular with locals for exercising horses all year round. The village of Brandesburton is home to a couple of pubs offering traditional ales and bar meals, alongside a number of shops and restaurants. A short drive brings you to the pretty Wolds town of Beverley offering a host of independent shops, cafés and restaurants. A day at Beverley Races or a round of golf at one of the many local golf courses are sure to keep everyone entertained. The seaside town of Hornsea is on the doorstep and with pony rides, ice-cream and fish and chips is a lovely unspoilt family destination. There is so much to do and see in the surrounding area including the RSPB reserve at Bempton Cliffs and the Nature Reserve at Sprun Point. Beach 6 miles. Shop, pub and restaurant 3 miles.
Farriers Lodge can be booked together with The Old Forge (ref UK12947) to accommodate up to 12 guests.
Please note: There is a £25 per week/£15 per short break winter supplement for fuel, payable to the owner prior to your holiday along with a £100 security deposit.£89From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Bridlington, EnglandWest End Lodge can be found nestled within the tiny hamlet of Ulrome, just a mile from the beach midway between the bustling seaside towns of Bridlington and Hornsea on the stunning East Yorkshire coastline.
This attractive lodge offers spacious ground floor accommodation and is perfect for two couples or a small family to relax and enjoy this beautiful part of the world. Step inside into the bright and airy open plan living area. The well-equipped kitchen offers a host of modern appliances including an electric oven and hob, slow cooker and dishwasher. There is plenty of work top space from which to prepare a delicious picnic to enjoy on the beach. The dining table sits to one side and provides the ideal spot for a hearty Yorkshire breakfast before heading out for the day. Deep filled sofas surround the wood burner which will provide a warming ambiance throughout the cooler months. After a long day exploring the local area retire to one of the two beautifully presented. There is a twin and a double to choose from. With deep filled mattresses and luxury soft furnishings you’re guaranteed a great night’s sleep. The accommodation is completed with a house shower room. From the main living area throw open the French doors and enjoy the enclosed, dog friendly garden. A wood-fired hot tub for two sits to one side; just perfect for a spot of star gazing on an evening. Garden furniture is perfectly placed to enjoy an early morning coffee watching the sun rise or for an al fresco evening meal.
The golden sandy beach at Barmston is just a mile away and the local village put is a great place to meet the locals. Bridlington, Filey and Hornsea are along the coast. All three offer a plethora of tea rooms, restaurants and convenience stores. With promenades, arcades and a working harbour there is plenty to do. The stately homes of Sledmere House, Burton Agnes Hall and Sewerby Hall are waiting to be explored. Enjoy a day watching the wildlife spectacle at RSPB Bempton Cliffs or enjoy the tranquility of the Spurn Point Nature Reserve. The Flamborough Heritage Coastline and Yorkshire Wolds offer miles of walking and cycling opportunities. There is even a choice of golf course should you fancy a quick round! This beautifully presented brand new lodge is ideal at any time of the year. Beach 2 miles.£71From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Rotsea, England"Peace and tranquillity set amongst Yorkshire’s finest countryside and long stretches of magnificent beaches..."
Steeped in history these former barn buildings have been lovingly restored using all of the original materials. Presented to a very high standard and offering spacious accommodation, each holiday cottage has its own enclosed garden for sole use, to while away the hours overlooking stunning paddocks where deer and foxes play. Guests have free use of the owners’ private indoor heated swimming pool, a communal games room and a children’s play area. The complex is surrounded by open countryside and a newly planted broad leaf woodland area, and is only four miles from the pretty village of Brandesburton. Oaklands wedding venue is situated in the 150 acres of woodland that surround the properties. Struncheon Hill Farm is a haven for those who enjoy having fun around water with a river, lake and pond nearby. Fishing, canal cruises and a Jet Ski and Diving School are less than half a mile from the door. Visitors will find locally an 18-hole golf course, horse riding, clay pigeon shooting, a parachute and gliding centre, and an RSPB bird sanctuary.
Just a short drive leads to the traditional seaside resorts of Bridlington, Scarborough and Filey with miles of Blue Flag sandy beaches, colourful promenades, inns and tea rooms in abundance, offering the perfect family day out. Walking and cycling tracks surround the cottages and there is easy access to the Yorkshire Wolds - one of Yorkshire’s best-kept secrets. Robin Hoods Bay is well worth a visit, where children will love the chance to search for fossils amongst the rock pools. For stunning views, Flamborough Head is a must and visitors will delight in the puffin colonies that cling to the cliff side. For an alternative day trip, York will not disappoint and meandering along the cobbled streets of ‘The Shambles’, packed with curio and antique shops, as well as many museums including The National Railway Museum and Jorvik Viking Centre will keep both adults and children alike amused for hours. Explore British heritage when visiting stately homes and halls such as Burton Agnes Hall with its large collection of Monet and Renoir paintings, or Sledmere Hall with its beautiful gardens only a 30-minute drive away. The attractive market town of Beverley 12 miles away, where visitors can enjoy ancient cobbled streets, quaint shops and friendly local people, completes the area of peace and tranquility surrounding Struncheon Hill Farm. Shops, pub and restaurant 4 miles.
Four Bays (IOH), River View (IOJ), Broad Leaf (IOK), Woodlands (IOL), Meadow View (IOM) and The Loft (UKC2652) can be booked together to accommodate up to 50 guests.£76From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Laytham, EnglandWelcome to Acorn Barn, a charming holiday retreat nestled in the heart of Laytham, Yorkshire. Immerse yourself in the beauty of this picturesque village and let the tranquillity of the surrounding countryside wash over you.
Laytham, with its timeless charm and idyllic landscapes, offers a myriad of activities for guests seeking a perfect blend of relaxation and adventure. Begin your day with a leisurely stroll through the quaint streets, where historic architecture and friendly locals create an inviting atmosphere. The village exudes a sense of serenity that is perfect for those looking to escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
For outdoor enthusiasts, Laytham boasts an array of scenic walking trails, allowing you to explore the lush, rolling hills and take in breathtaking views of the Yorkshire countryside. The expansive landscapes provide the perfect backdrop for cycling excursions, offering both challenging routes for seasoned cyclists and leisurely paths for those seeking a more relaxed ride.
Discover the rich history of the region by visiting nearby landmarks such as Laytham Castle or immersing yourself in the local culture at the village pub. Indulge in traditional Yorkshire cuisine and savour the warmth of the community, creating memories that will linger long after your stay. During the holiday season, Laytham transforms into a festive wonderland, with charming Christmas markets, twinkling lights, and a joyful atmosphere that will leave you enchanted. Embrace the holiday spirit as you explore the local shops, filled with unique treasures and handmade crafts, making Laytham the perfect destination for a magical winter getaway.
Whether you seek relaxation or adventure, Acorn Barn in Laytham, Yorkshire, offers a gateway to a world of possibilities. Immerse yourself in the charm of this enchanting village and create memories that will last a lifetime. Welcome to your Yorkshire holiday retreat.£61From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Brantingham, EnglandThe owners offer their guests a free daily session with their dog at Hunsdale Fields. Both 3-acre and 5-acre fields are fully enclosed, where each customer has the exclusive use to let their dog exercise off the lead, without the distractions of other dogs or their owners.
Visit England ROSE award winner 2017
This superbly restored, former estate stone cottage offers excellent terraced holiday accommodation in the heart of the village of Brantingham opposite the picturesque village pond and green. It has modern internal features, including high speed fibre broadband, a bespoke kitchen, feature brick barbecue, patio furniture and sun umbrella for an al fresco meal, wood burning stove and an oak staircase, leading to galleried landing with a desk and views of the village green. It has quality oak furniture, and furnishings created with the help of an interior designer. The property also has special lighting, underfloor heating downstairs and in the bathroom, and provides a lovely base to explore the area from or simply relax in. Luxury toiletries, bathrobes and bed linen are also provided. It benefits from a south-facing garden with built-in barbecue and it is only a short walk to the village pub and restaurant. On arrival, guests will receive a hamper of local produce to help them settle in. At Christmas time, it is decorated for that festive cheer.
You might never want to leave the village, but if you do, there is plenty to do in the local area, including Beverley with its cobbled streets, racecourse, minster and courtyards. Hull is only 12 miles away, with its 2017 City of Culture status, museums, Humber Bridge, Hull Truck Theatre and The Deep aquarium. Hull University is only 13 miles away, making Pond View Cottage ideal for parents visiting their children, taster weeks and graduation. Further afield there is Burton Constable Hall, Castle Howard, North York Moors and Xscape Yorkshire (which boasts the country’s biggest real snow slope). York, with its minster, Shambles, museums, nearby Yorkshire Air Museum and boat trips, is 28 miles away. Cyclists and walkers will love the rolling hills and many established walks, including the Yorkshire Wolds Way and Coast to Coast cycle route, which are accessed from outside the door. For those that enjoy a game of golf, Cave Castle, Brough and Hessle golf courses are nearby. Metal detecting (on private land) and fishing can be arranged. Shop ¾ mile, pub and restaurant 200 yards.£86From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Great Hatfield, EnglandSet in 10-acres of beautiful countryside, these contemporary holiday cottages offer lovingly furnished and comfortable holiday accommodation. Four of the cottages enjoy access to a shared central glass atrium, providing an internal patio area. Children and adults alike can enjoy the owners’ collection of farmyard animals including goats, pigs, sheep, ponies, donkeys, and poultry. With a designated dog walk in the grounds, visitors’ pets are made to feel very welcome here too. Mappleton Sands are close by, ideal for summer picnics on the tranquil sandy beach or a cliff top stroll, and a 4-mile drive takes you to the seaside town of Hornsea with The Mere, a birdwatcher’s paradise and where boats can be hired for rowing and fishing. Here you are also within easy reach of the historic town of Beverley with its minster and renowned racecourse, and the award-winning aquarium ’The Deep’, in Hull city centre. There are stately homes at Burton Agnes and Sewerby Hall, and further inland lies the rolling countryside of the Yorkshire Wolds, the inspiration for David Hockney’s famous paintings. Shop 4 miles, pub and restaurant 400 yards. These properties can be booked together to accommodate up to 24 guests.£48From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Flamborough, EnglandPeacefully situated at the end of a country lane with far-reaching rural views, these former farm buildings have been skilfully converted, retaining many original beams, vaulted ceilings and exposed stone and brickwork. With underfloor heating at ground level the holiday cottages remain cosy all year round and each one enjoys its own sitting-out area complete with garden furniture and barbecue. From Flamborough Head and the Lighthouse there are panoramic views and cliff top walks, dropping down to the sand and chalk bay of South Landing and the dramatic inlet at North Landing. Fishing and pleasure craft can be seen, as well as the local lifeboat keeping the waters safe and keep your eyes peeled for seals bobbing about on the sea. The many caves along the rocky shore were a haven for smugglers of contraband. Flamborough village has a useful assortment of shops, takeaways and pubs serving local seafood specialities and a range of cask ales. The famous RSPB nesting bird colony at Bempton Cliffs is just 2½ miles away with unrivalled views of puffins, guillemots and kittiwakes. The traditional seaside resorts of Bridlington, 5 miles, Filey, 11 miles and Scarborough, 18 miles are easily accessible. Nearby Sewerby Hall has fine Georgian, Regency and Victorian rooms, a magnificent 19th century conservatory, beautiful gardens and houses the Museum of East Yorkshire. Golf available at Flamborough Head Golf Club and Bridlington Links, fishing and boat trips available locally. Shop 1 mile, pub and restaurant 300 yards.£52From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Flamborough, EnglandPeacefully situated at the end of a country lane with far-reaching rural views, these former farm buildings have been skilfully converted, retaining many original beams, vaulted ceilings and exposed stone and brickwork. With underfloor heating at ground level the holiday cottages remain cosy all year round and each one enjoys its own sitting-out area complete with garden furniture and barbecue. From Flamborough Head and the Lighthouse there are panoramic views and cliff top walks, dropping down to the sand and chalk bay of South Landing and the dramatic inlet at North Landing. Fishing and pleasure craft can be seen, as well as the local lifeboat keeping the waters safe and keep your eyes peeled for seals bobbing about on the sea. The many caves along the rocky shore were a haven for smugglers of contraband. Flamborough village has a useful assortment of shops, takeaways and pubs serving local seafood specialities and a range of cask ales. The famous RSPB nesting bird colony at Bempton Cliffs is just 2½ miles away with unrivalled views of puffins, guillemots and kittiwakes. The traditional seaside resorts of Bridlington, 5 miles, Filey, 11 miles and Scarborough, 18 miles are easily accessible. Nearby Sewerby Hall has fine Georgian, Regency and Victorian rooms, a magnificent 19th century conservatory, beautiful gardens and houses the Museum of East Yorkshire. Golf available at Flamborough Head Golf Club and Bridlington Links, fishing and boat trips available locally. Shop 1 mile, pub and restaurant 300 yards.£66From price per night based on 7 night stay