Featuring fascinating towns and villages, gorgeous landscapes, and staggering coastlines Essex is a lovely destination for a dog-friendly holiday. With an abundance of beaches, woodlands and rich farmland to discover, you and your furry friend can enjoy some of the most amazing walkies!
- Colchester, England
The Red Lion Hotel is a stunning 15th century Grade I listed Tudor coaching Inn in Colchester, the UK’s oldest medieval town.£60Price per night fromPetsPyjamas Exclusive Package Available
- EnglandOasis is a stunning end of terrace cottage which has been lovingly updated and extended to a high standard. It is perfect for families and couples wanting to explore the Essex countryside. Oasis is a gem with a fabulous open plan modern living space, featuring underfloor heating, a 43” Smart TV, Laura Ashley leather sofas and a large snuggler armchair. The dining area can easily seat eight, and the kitchen is well-equipped. There is also a cosy snug with an ornate wood burner, 46” Smart TV and a chaise-style couch and armchair. From here a door leads to some steep, 18th-century stairs to two of the bedrooms, which both have casement windows with lovely views over the front garden and village street. The snug also leads to a wet room with a multi-jet ’tower’ shower, and a utility room with a washing machine, tumble dryer and a butler sink, and there is a half size door through to to a patio area and garden.
Upstairs there is a master bedroom with Juliet balcony and stunning views over the garden. The generous 1/3-acre garden is laid mainly to lawn, with a variety of mature trees, including ash, birch, horse chestnut, walnut, palm trees and various fruit trees. The rear garden is enclosed, whilst the side garden is laid to gravel and provides parking for five cars.
Bradwell-on-Sea is a friendly unspoilt village located on the Dengie Peninsular. Here you will find the oldest chapel in England (St.Peter’s) dating back to 653 AD. There are excellent water sports available on the Blackwater estuary and nearby attractions include RHS Hyde Hall, and the town of Maldon with boat trips and fantastic splash parks for children. Beach 1 mile. Shop, pub and restaurant ¼ mile.£179Price per night from
- Elsenham, EnglandSurrounded by 6 acres of paddock and woodland, Evie Rose Cottage is a semi-detached stable conversion which offers a private bolthole, making it a perfect base for touring the area or just relaxing by the fire. It has been restored, decorated and furnished to a good standard and is a quaint, comfortable property.
Located next door to a state of the art, brand new driving range which is flood lit for guests to enjoy; 9-hole golf course, adventure golf, club house with bar and restaurant, plus a well-equipped gym (at cost). Pets are welcome too, so why not bring along your 4-legged friend and enjoy the open space? A village shop, hairdressers, post office, pub and takeaway can be found within 1 mile, whilst the village of Stansted, 3 miles, has a variety of shops, pubs and restaurants. Local attractions include Audley End House, Stansted Mountfitchet Castle and Toy Museum, and Hatfield Forest. Also nearby are many attractive historic villages, including Thaxted and Finchingfield. There are also excellent train links from Elsenham train station, 1½ miles, to Cambridge 30 minutes and London 45 minutes. Shop 1 mile, pub ½ mile and restaurant ¼ mile.£95Price per night from
- Boxted, EnglandLocated in the peaceful village of Boxted in the Dedham Vale, Farthings is a single-storey holiday home with valley views from the garden. One of a pair, furnished and equipped to a very high standard, the property has added bonus of a detached games room in the garden. Guests also have private use of the owner’s extensive grounds - which have many delightful areas where guests might like to picnic. The surrounding area is a delight to explore: there are many footpaths in the village and Flatford Mill, in the heart of Constable Country is 4 miles away. Dedham village is 3 miles, where guests can hire a rowing boat on the River Stour or enjoy walking in the unspoilt countryside. Farthings is also conveniently located for golf at nearby Stoke-by-Nayland (2 miles) whilst keen gardeners may enjoy a visit to Beth Chatto’s Garden, 7 miles. Nearby Colchester, famous for being the oldest town in England, has a castle and museum set in attractive parkland that stretches down to the River Colne, a zoo and an interesting range of shops, restaurants, galleries and pubs. Colchester also has a rail link to London which takes 50 minutes, so visitors can enjoy a day in the busy capital city and then return to the peace and tranquillity of Farthings. For a day by the sea, guests can choose between the sunshine coast of Essex at Frinton-on-Sea, Walton-on-the-Naze and Clacton or the Heritage coastline of nearby Suffolk where the beaches at Felixstowe, Aldeburgh, Southwold or Walberswick can be enjoyed. Pub 2½ miles.£156Price per night from
- Sible Hedingham, EnglandThis detached, thatched, Grade II listed holiday cottage dating back to the 15th century has exposed beams and an enclosed garden. Cosy in the winter and cool in the summer, it is perfect for a year-round break. Surrounded by countryside, footpaths abound; the area is ideal for walking or cycling. Shop and restaurant ¼ mile, pub 20 yards.£165Price per night from
- Selsey Ave, EnglandThe Beach House is set on the coast of Clacton-on-Sea, boasting fantastic sea views making this seaside property the perfect coastal break for families and groups of friends. The property has been decorated and furnished to a good standard, catering for all ages, with a downstairs bedroom and bathroom available. Situated over three floors, the views from the living room balcony are perfect for a warm evening, overlooking the English Channel. The Beach House has 4 bedrooms with a mixture of twin, bunk and double rooms, a light and bright conservatory, with a dining table and enclosed garden. There are many walks and cycling routes nearby and plenty of local attractions including the award-winning beaches, Clacton-on-Sea Golf Course, sea fishing and wind surfing. The famous Clacton-on-Sea pier hosts several attractions and an array of shops, bars, restaurants, theatre or enjoy a new movie in the cinema. Further afield, guests can explore the historic town of Colchester, the oldest recorded town in the Britain. Take a step back in time and visit the historic villages in Essex and Constable Country in nearby Suffolk. For a trip to the capital, London is around 1 hour 20 minutes away by train for a day exploring and enjoying the many attractions London has on offer. Beach 100 yards. Shop and restaurant ½ mile, pub 200 yards.£120Price per night from
- Walton on the Naze, EnglandDelightful thatched cottage in Essex seaside town of Walton-on-the-Naze. One double bedroom, enclosed garden. Beach 2 mins walk.£45Price per night from
- Frinton-On-Sea, EnglandA mid-terrace Victorian cottage nestled in Frinton-on-Sea, Essex. Woodburner. Enclosed garden. Sea views. Walton-on-the-Naze 1.7 miles; Clacton-on-Sea 7.1 miles.£56Price per night from
- Halstead, EnglandA wonderful barn conversion within the rural village of Wickham St. Paul, Essex. Pet-friendly. En-suites. Lavenham 12 miles Colchester 15.5 miles,£95Price per night from
- Halstead, EnglandA fabulous semi-detached timber cottage set on a farm in Wickham St Paul in Essex. Private patio. Rural setting. En-suite. Sudbury 5.5 miles; Colchester 15.5 miles; Cambridge 33.8 miles.£105Price per night from