Featuring fascinating towns and villages, gorgeous landscapes, and staggering coastlines Essex is a lovely destination for a dog-friendly holiday. With an abundance of beaches, woodlands and rich farmland to discover, you and your furry friend can enjoy some of the most amazing walkies!
- Hatfield Heath, England
A luxury four-star country house hotel, dog-friendly Down Hall & Spa in Essex is a beautiful getaway for those with dogs.£212Price per night fromPetsPyjamas Exclusive Package Available
- Nr Saffron Walden, England
Just as village cricket is the hub of an English rural community, so is the dog-friendly Cricketers gastropub at the heart of the charming village of Clavering in Essex and is also super dog-welcoming.£94Price per night fromPetsPyjamas Exclusive Package Available
- Colchester, England
The Red Lion Hotel is a stunning 15th century Grade I listed Tudor coaching Inn in Colchester, the UK’s oldest medieval town.£60Price per night fromPetsPyjamas Exclusive Package Available
- EnglandOasis is a stunning end of terrace cottage which has been lovingly updated and extended to a high standard. It is perfect for families and couples wanting to explore the Essex countryside. Oasis is a gem with a fabulous open plan modern living space, featuring underfloor heating, a 43” Smart TV, Laura Ashley leather sofas and a large snuggler armchair. The dining area can easily seat eight, and the kitchen is well-equipped. There is also a cosy snug with an ornate wood burner, 46” Smart TV and a chaise-style couch and armchair. From here a door leads to some steep, 18th-century stairs to two of the bedrooms, which both have casement windows with lovely views over the front garden and village street. The snug also leads to a wet room with a multi-jet ’tower’ shower, and a utility room with a washing machine, tumble dryer and a butler sink, and there is a half size door through to to a patio area and garden.
Upstairs there is a master bedroom with Juliet balcony and stunning views over the garden. The generous 1/3-acre garden is laid mainly to lawn, with a variety of mature trees, including ash, birch, horse chestnut, walnut, palm trees and various fruit trees. The rear garden is enclosed, whilst the side garden is laid to gravel and provides parking for five cars.
Bradwell-on-Sea is a friendly unspoilt village located on the Dengie Peninsular. Here you will find the oldest chapel in England (St.Peter’s) dating back to 653 AD. There are excellent water sports available on the Blackwater estuary and nearby attractions include RHS Hyde Hall, and the town of Maldon with boat trips and fantastic splash parks for children. Beach 1 mile. Shop, pub and restaurant ¼ mile.£181Price per night from
- Langham, EnglandEnjoy a relaxing, rural holiday surrounded by 2½ acres of landscaped and natural gardens in one of these two properties which offer a fantastic location for a romantic getaway. With plenty of wildlife to spot, and beehives at the end of the garden, you can wander around the apple orchards or relax on your own private decking area, making this an ideal place for a countryside break. Converted from an old bakery and adjacent to the owners’ home, but very secluded, The Orchard (ref. 30314) and The Old Bakery (ref. 30315) still boast original wooden beams, and have been decorated and finished to a very good standard. Langham is about half way between Colchester and Ipswich, close to the A12 which gives easy transport links for exploring the local area. The northern boundary of Langham is also the boundary between Essex and Suffolk. The famous Constable Country is 3 miles away with Flatford Mill and Dedham Vale, and historic Colchester is close by, famous for its cobbled streets, castle and zoo, and has a wide variety of shops, pubs and restaurants. Also within reach are Ipswich, Chelmsford, Orford, Aldeburgh and Felixstowe, or enjoy the beach at Clacton-on-Sea. Opportunities for golf and fishing are available nearby, or travel a bit further afield and you can explore the myriad attractions of London. Shop and pub within 1 mile, restaurant 2 miles.
These properties can be booked together accommodate up to 4 guests.£80Price per night from
- Birch, EnglandLocated in the quaint village of Birch, these semi-detached, cosy cottages (31049 and 31050) have been built with the purpose of a holiday home in mind. Adjacent to the owner’s home, both properties comfortably sleep 2 guests with the option of extra guests with the sofa bed in the living space. Wood burners give a warm and welcoming feel to the cottages which have a contemporary theme throughout. It is a good base for exploring Essex and Suffolk, birdwatching on the nearby nature reserves, sea angling from Mersea Island, or just enjoying the local beaches and countryside. Close to Colchester, Britain’s oldest recorded town with a castle, museums, art gallery, many Roman remains, a good shopping centre, Colchester Zoo and a mainline rail link to London (40 minutes). Mersea Island is 8 miles away for its locally caught fish and oysters, as well as its sailing and beaches. Within easy driving distance are the popular sightseeing destinations of Flatford Mill, Lavenham, Finchingfield and Kersey. Shop 4 miles, real ale pub serving food 300 yards.£46Price per night from
- Elsenham, EnglandSurrounded by 6 acres of paddock and woodland, Evie Rose Cottage is a semi-detached stable conversion which offers a private bolthole, making it a perfect base for touring the area or just relaxing by the fire. It has been restored, decorated and furnished to a good standard and is a quaint, comfortable property.
Located next door to a state of the art, brand new driving range which is flood lit for guests to enjoy; 9-hole golf course, adventure golf, club house with bar and restaurant, plus a well-equipped gym (at cost). Pets are welcome too, so why not bring along your 4-legged friend and enjoy the open space? A village shop, hairdressers, post office, pub and takeaway can be found within 1 mile, whilst the village of Stansted, 3 miles, has a variety of shops, pubs and restaurants. Local attractions include Audley End House, Stansted Mountfitchet Castle and Toy Museum, and Hatfield Forest. Also nearby are many attractive historic villages, including Thaxted and Finchingfield. There are also excellent train links from Elsenham train station, 1½ miles, to Cambridge 30 minutes and London 45 minutes. Shop 1 mile, pub ½ mile and restaurant ¼ mile.£69Price per night from
- Elsenham Hall, EnglandSurrounded by 6 acres of paddock and woodland, Woodlands is a semi-detached barn conversion, offering a private bolthole, making it a perfect base for touring the area or just relaxing by the wood burner. It has been restored, decorated and furnished to a good standard and is a quaint, comfortable property with its own enclosed garden.
There is a games room with table football and a darts board for guests to enjoy, and there is a 9-hole golf course, club house with bar and restaurant, plus a well-equipped gym (at cost). Pets are welcome too, so why not bring along your 4-legged friend and enjoy the open space? A village shop, hairdressers, post office, pub and takeaway can be found within 1 mile, whilst the village of Stansted, 3 miles, has a variety of shops, pubs and restaurants. Local attractions include Audley End House, Stansted Mountfitchet Castle and Toy Museum, and Hatfield Forest. Also nearby are many attractive historic villages, including Thaxted and Finchingfield. There are also excellent train links from Elsenham train station, 1½ miles, to Cambridge 30 minutes and London 45 minutes. Shop 1 mile, pub ½ mile and restaurant ¼ mile.£75Price per night from
- Harwich, EnglandA contemporary, first-floor apartment overlooking the sea in Harwich, Essex. Open-plan living. Close to beach and amenities. Bedroom with en-suite. Clacton-on-Sea 15.9 miles; Colchester 18.9 miles.£76Price per night from
- Boxted, EnglandLocated in the peaceful village of Boxted in the Dedham Vale, Farthings is a single-storey holiday home with valley views from the garden. One of a pair, furnished and equipped to a very high standard, the property has added bonus of a detached games room in the garden. Guests also have private use of the owner’s extensive grounds - which have many delightful areas where guests might like to picnic. The surrounding area is a delight to explore: there are many footpaths in the village and Flatford Mill, in the heart of Constable Country is 4 miles away. Dedham village is 3 miles, where guests can hire a rowing boat on the River Stour or enjoy walking in the unspoilt countryside. Farthings is also conveniently located for golf at nearby Stoke-by-Nayland (2 miles) whilst keen gardeners may enjoy a visit to Beth Chatto’s Garden, 7 miles. Nearby Colchester, famous for being the oldest town in England, has a castle and museum set in attractive parkland that stretches down to the River Colne, a zoo and an interesting range of shops, restaurants, galleries and pubs. Colchester also has a rail link to London which takes 50 minutes, so visitors can enjoy a day in the busy capital city and then return to the peace and tranquillity of Farthings. For a day by the sea, guests can choose between the sunshine coast of Essex at Frinton-on-Sea, Walton-on-the-Naze and Clacton or the Heritage coastline of nearby Suffolk where the beaches at Felixstowe, Aldeburgh, Southwold or Walberswick can be enjoyed. Pub 2½ miles.£156Price per night from