Dog Friendly Hotels Gloucestershire
Part of the Three Counties, Gloucestershire is home to some impressive market towns and cities as well as dog friendly rooms. With the rolling hills of the golden valley in Stroud and the Cotswolds on your doorstep, you'll be spoiled for dog walking options during your Gloucestershire stay.
- Cheltenham, England
The dog-friendly Greenway Hotel & Spa in the Cotswolds is a superb luxury Elizabethan manor house with 4 AA Red Stars, ideally located on the outskirts of the Regency town of Cheltenham, Gloucestershire.£224Price per night fromPetsPyjamas Exclusive Package Available
- Bristol, England
Situated in Gloucestershire on the fringes of the Cotswolds, dog-friendly, De Vere Tortworth Court is a Grade II historic manor house hotel in stunning surroundings – a place where a centuries-old story meets an exceptionally modern experience.£159Price per night from
- Moreton In Marsh, England
The traditional, dog-friendly White Hart Royal is a former 16th-century coaching inn ideally located right in the center of the historic market town of Moreton-in-the Marsh, the ideal base for exploring the famous countryside of the northern Cotswolds.£146Price per night fromPetsPyjamas Exclusive Package Available
- Stroud, EnglandWelcome to this beautiful four-bedroom detached house situated in a peaceful setting, nestled down a quiet little road. This hidden little gem has been extended and decorated to a very good spec to provide everything you need for your stay; it’s a modern house wrapped up in its characterful Cotswold cottage charm. Behind the house are the beautiful woods in which you can spend hours wandering around and breathing in the beautiful fresh air and stunning views, or even head off on the Cotswold Way.
Pop into the little village community shop for a cuppa and put your feet up for 5 minutes; this community-run shop has been running for twenty-plus years, by volunteers who will welcome you with open arms. The village pub is at the end of the road serving pizza and a pint for £10! Enjoy a long walk from the house to the famous Woolpack pub, a great friendly place serving food and drinks. This pub was recently discovered by Giles Coren as the pub with the most beautiful view, this is poet Laurie Lee’s favourite and most frequented pub and is still home to his walking stick. Another thing to note is the famous Saturday farmers market which is bursting with many delights, including Stroud Smokery and the delicious Pippins doughnuts (you’ll definitely get six!) or try a delicious falafel wrap from Funky Falafel.
It’s a stroll downhill to get there or there are regular buses from the end of the road. Location is everything! So, if you’re looking to explore, there is so much to do, Cheltenham for shops, restaurants and of course the races. Gloucester Cathedral for Harry Potter fans, Cirencester, Tetbury (full of antique shops), Slimbridge Wildfowl and Wetlands Centre and Westonbirt Arboretum are all great places for the family, whilst Bristol is just 30 minutes down the road. The list is endless, so the choice is yours!£176From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Lydney, EnglandThe Petit Manor is an extraordinary, stunning wing of a Grade II* listed house in a countryside setting with large gardens (part private, part shared) and access to a shared 6-acre field.
The Petit Manor offers the unusual with a beautiful open plan kitchen dining and sitting room which has the characterful feel of a barn with oak beams and a log burner to snuggle up by. It is truly a dreamy place to unwind. You can look forward to dining under the stars which you can see through the glass roof above the table and relax on the sofas watching a film or reading a book. The staircase leads up to the first floor where you will find a separate shower room with a glass ceiling and stunning master bedroom with its own egg bathtub beneath a glass vaulted ceiling, where you can relax and enjoy some bubbles whilst gazing out over the open countryside.
All the benefits with all the privacy of a romantic getaway for two. It’s rare to find a premium house of this size available for couples but that’s what makes The Petit Manor so unique. Note: there may be guests staying in the opposite wing of the house (The West Wing at The Manor House).
With all this you may never wish to leave the property but if you do then the location is excellent. The River Seven is a 10-15 minute walk from the property, whilst the Forest of Dean offers plenty for the adventurous including mountain biking, zip wires, Go Ape, kayaking, horse riding etc. There is an abundance of cycle tracks and valley walks where you may even encounter the native wild boar. Alternatively; just relax and enjoy the peace and tranquillity of this rural retreat.£176From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Gretton, EnglandSituated at Lower Stanley, in the peaceful village of Gretton, this is the ideal location to enjoy the local landscape. Perfect for walkers, there are numerous paths from the door. The Lodge is attached to the owners’ house but provides privacy and space. Explore Winchcombe, Bourton-on-the-Water, Broadway, Chipping Campden and Evesham. For a day at the races, Cheltenham Racecourse is within easy reach. Stabling and grazing for horses by arrangement. Shop 3 miles, pub and restaurant 2 miles.£64From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Gloucester, EnglandHolders Cottage is a luxury property situated in a small, peaceful location mid-way between the pretty market town of Newent and the cathedral city of Gloucester. Set in the grounds of the owners’ family home, the property is arranged to enable you to make the most of the glorious Gloucestershire countryside views. The accommodation comprises an open plan living space and a double bedroom complete with a kingsize bed and en-suite facilities. Outside there is a private terrace with garden furniture and lovely countryside views. There is a driveway offering parking for up to two vehicles.
Perfect for walkers and cyclists, the cottage sits in open countryside and there is a myriad of footpaths, bridleways and country lanes right on the doorstep. The Wysis Way and Three Choirs Way are both within close proximity of the property. Additionally, this holiday home offers an ideal base from which to explore the local area as it is centrally located between the Forest of Dean, the Cotswolds, the Malvern Hills and the Wye Valley, all of which are known for their stunning views, wildlife and range of outdoor activity options and are within 15 miles of the accommodation. The city of Gloucester is less than a 10-minute drive away, with its redeveloped historic docks, and offers a range of cafés, bars, restaurants and outlet shopping in the Gloucester Quays. The regency spa town of Cheltenham, renowned for its shopping, theatre and festivals, is just a 20-minute drive. Tewkesbury, Ledbury and Ross-on-Wye can all be reached within a 30-minute drive. Shop 1 mile, pub and restaurant 4 miles.£66From price per night based on 7 night stay