Dog Friendly Hotels Gloucestershire
Part of the Three Counties, Gloucestershire is home to some impressive market towns and cities as well as dog friendly rooms. With the rolling hills of the golden valley in Stroud and the Cotswolds on your doorstep, you'll be spoiled for dog walking options during your Gloucestershire stay.
- Stroud, England
Steeped in history, dog-friendly Burleigh Court Hotel is an intimate Grade II listed manor house in the Cotswolds offering a captivating experience of country charm with a splash of luxury served by a highly skilled team.£139Price per night from
- Tetbury, England£359Price per night from
- Stroud, EnglandThis single-storey, detached cottage would make the perfect holiday base for touring and exploring this beautiful and historically fascinating corner of Gloucestershire. Set over one level, this stunning accommodation offers an open plan living space, a kingsize bedroom, a double bedroom with en-suite, and a family bathroom. Outside there is parking for two cars and a fully enclosed courtyard with a patio and garden furniture, including a log burner and BBQ, perfect for an evening of pure relaxation! There are also two paddocks next door where your dogs can run around.
Access to the Cotswold Way is literally right on the doorstep of this period cottage, where the Cotswold escarpment can be enjoyed. The Old Dairy also offers easy access to the 11th-century Norman castle at Berkeley, the Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust at Slimbridge, the Arboretum at Westonbirt, many National Trust properties, the thriving market town of Tetbury, two riding centres close by plus Stinchcombe golf club. The major attractions of Bristol, Bath, Gloucester, Cheltenham, Cardiff, Malvern and the Forest of Dean are all less than an hour’s drive away. This property provides idyllic accommodation for families, friends and couples alike who are looking for a holiday filled with adventure, or somewhere simply to put your feet up and relax with your favourite book and a glass of wine in hand! Shop 1 mile, pub and restaurant ¾ mile.£104Price per night from
Nympy Barn is a dog-friendly cottage, situated in the delightful Cotswolds village of Nympsfield on the Edge of the Severn Valley. The cottage is positioned in an unspoiled medieval Cotswold non-working farm, which has been lovingly created from cartsheds.£101Price per night from
- Chipping Campden, EnglandThis stylish, detached, converted barn is just a few hundred yards from the heart of Chipping Campden. As the main town in the north-western area of the Cotswolds of high hills and secluded coomb (with its magnificent ’wool’ church, wide market street and beautiful buildings that span at least five centuries), this would make the perfect base from which to tour and explore. With an acre of grounds and ample parking for visitors, Campden Barn offers a high level of comfort with limestone flooring in bathrooms and underfloor heating on both floors of the property.
The magnificent gardens of Kiftsgate Court and Hidcote Manor - with its lovely views over the Vale of Evesham - are not to be missed, as well as many other National Trust properties in the locality; Stratford-upon-Avon (approximately 8 miles), shops, restaurants and pubs, 200 yards.£158Price per night from
- Lydney, EnglandThe Petit Manor is an extraordinary, stunning wing of a Grade II* listed house in a countryside setting with large gardens and access to a 6 acre field. A luxurious haven of privacy as the house and grounds are not shared with other guests.
The Petit Manor offers the unusual with a beautiful open plan kitchen dining and sitting room which has the characterful feel of a barn with oak beams and a log burner to snuggle up by. It is truly a dreamy place to unwind. You can look forward to dining under the stars which you can see through the glass roof above the table and relax on the sofas watching a film or reading a book. The staircase leads up to the first floor where you will find a separate shower room and stunning master bedroom with its own egg bathtub where you can relax and enjoy some bubbles gazing out over the open countryside.
All the benefits with all the privacy of a romantic getaway for two. It’s rare to find a premium house of this size available for couples but that’s what makes The Petit Manor so unique.
With all this you may never wish to leave the property but if you do then the location is excellent. The River Seven is a 10-15 minute walk from the property, whilst the Forest of Dean offers plenty for the adventurous including mountain biking, zip wires, Go Ape, kayaking, horse riding etc. There is an abundance of cycle tracks and valley walks where you may even encounter the native wild boar. Alternatively; just relax and enjoy the peace and tranquillity of this rural retreat.£176Price per night from
- Coleford, EnglandNestling in the village of Longhope on the edge of the beautiful Forest of Dean, this thoughtfully designed, detached holiday property incorporates characterful features throughout. The living area boasts a feature wood burner and exposed beams. It is ideally situated to enjoy this fantastic area. Activities such as horse riding, cycling, canoeing, clay pigeon shooting, rock climbing, golf and fishing are all available locally. Wonderful walks are also available from the doorstep and guests have unlimited access to the owner’s farm which is further up the lane and has a listed woodland and babbling stream. There are many attractions to visit including Harts Barn Craft Centre and cookery school which is part of the estate, Go Ape Treetop Adventure, Puzzlewood and a steam railway to name just a few. There is a local pub which is within walking distance, which specialises in homemade pies, has a delicatessen and a home-made ice cream parlour. Ross-on-Wye, Monmouth, Ledbury, Hereford, The Malverns, Gloucester and Cheltenham are all within easy driving distance. Shop ½ mile, pub and restaurant ¼ mile.£128Price per night from
- Cheltenham, England
Sitting just outside of Cheltenham and sleeping up to 12 guests, the dog-friendly Foxcote Grange in Gloucestershire is perfect for a week-long family getaway in the Cotswolds offering excellent facilities, including a heated swimming pool and large garden.£1620Price per night from
- Cirencester, EnglandSet on a working dairy and arable farm, Meadow Barn was once home to the young calves and still retains its original oak beams. The fully-fitted kitchen/dining area has plenty of space for family meals and the sitting room, with its wonderful high ceilings, has doors opening onto the private terrace and garden area with fabulous countryside views. Each bedroom is light and airy, the master bedroom has an en-suite bathroom.
Surrounded by a traditional Cotswold stone wall, the garden is private and fully enclosed with plenty of outside seating and a barbecue area. A perfect setting for relaxing on warm evenings and enjoying quality family time together.
Lovingly converted, with care and attention, Meadow Barn is the perfect destination to create precious family memories whilst on holiday. Nearby Sweethills Barn is also available (sleeps 2), so all the family can come!!
As a gift from the owner, all visitors during the summer months will be able to enjoy watching polo with a complimentary membership to Cirencester Park Polo Club where top players (and the odd Prince or two!) take part in the most enthralling of equestrian sports. As members you will be able to park in the Members Enclosure and enjoy the Members Restaurant and Bar.
*Please note that this only applies during the polo season, which runs from approx. mid-May to mid-September.£212Price per night from
- Gretton, EnglandSituated at Lower Stanley, in the peaceful village of Gretton, this is the ideal location to enjoy the local landscape. Perfect for walkers, there are numerous paths from the door. The Lodge is attached to the owners’ house but provides privacy and space. Explore Winchcombe, Bourton-on-the-Water, Broadway, Chipping Campden and Evesham. For a day at the races, Cheltenham Racecourse is within easy reach. Stabling and grazing for horses by arrangement. Shop 3 miles, pub and restaurant 2 miles.£57Price per night from