Dog Friendly Hotels Gloucestershire
Part of the Three Counties, Gloucestershire is home to some impressive market towns and cities as well as dog friendly rooms. With the rolling hills of the golden valley in Stroud and the Cotswolds on your doorstep, you'll be spoiled for dog walking options during your Gloucestershire stay.
- Cheltenham, England"Fine cottages and facilities – just a mile from one of England’s finest Regency towns . . ."
Occupying a superb position with wonderful rural views, yet within a mile or so of Cheltenham’s elegant town centre, this delightful holiday cottage has been created from a range of 19th-century barns and is furnished and equipped to high standards. The cottage enjoys a good choice of shared facilities including a covered heatedswimming pool, an all-weather tennis court and a croquet lawn. The cottage is well equipped, with an automatic washing machine, microwave oven and dishwasher, and has its own sitting out area with patio and furniture.
All the fascinating corners of the beautiful Regency spa town of Cheltenham are immediately to hand: there is an art gallery, a museum, tempting boutiques, antique shops, plentiful restaurants and inns. Only a short walk away is Cheltenham’s racecourse, famous as the home of National Hunt Racing, which stages the Cheltenham Festival in March, as well as several other top quality race meetings between October and the end of April. The Pittville Pump Room, a magnificent Grade I listed building opened in 1830, has a museum on its top floor. In the ballroom it is possible to taste spa water from the original pump. Historic illustrations, photographs and small displays tell the story of Cheltenham from its beginnings in Anglo-Saxon times. The building is surrounded by attractive parkland with a lake and children’s playground, public tennis courts and golf course. Number 4 Clarence Road, built in 1832 by James Creed, is the house in which Gustav Holst was born on 21 September 1874, and where he spent the first seven years of his childhood. The Holst Birthplace Museum is a memorial to the composer and a rare treat for lovers of music. On the summit of nearby Leckhampton Hill above the Devil’s Chimney, a teetering rock column, is the site of an Iron Age fort; keen walkers can follow the Cotswold Way.
Hunting Butts Cottages provide a perfect base to explore the beautiful countryside and villages of the Cotswolds as well as the attractions of the Heart of England. The Cotswolds cast their spell on artists, naturalists, walkers and everyone with a love for rural peace and tranquillity: Broadway – the ‘Venice’ of the Cotswolds; delightful Chipping Campden; Blockley, described as the most beautiful village in England, and Stow-on-the-Wold boasting England’s oldest pub, are all within half an hour’s drive. The variety of attractions is almost endless. Exploring this region at any time of year is a rewarding experience, each season throwing a different light on the changing scene. Heritage attractions in the area include Sudeley Castle (7 miles), once home of Catherine Parr, containing Europe’s largest collection of toys, arms and armour. Forest of Dean 23 miles. Birmingham, Bath, Oxford and Stratford-upon-Avon are all within one hour by car. Sailing and wind-surfing on 15,000 acres of lakes near the ancient Roman town of Cirencester are available within 30 minutes’ drive. Shops ½ mile.£158From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Ruardean, EnglandPeacefully nestling high above the lush woodlands of the famously beautiful Royal Forest of Dean, this charming property offers very comfortable accommodation and a large sunny landscaped garden (pictured) and with panoramic countryside views from the bedrooms. Decorations and a real 6ft tree are provided for Christmas bookings. Lovely forest walks start from the door and angling, cycling, canoeing, riding and climbing are available nearby, whilst the myriad attractions of the Forest range from a steam railway to a butterfly zoo. Forest Hills Golf Course, Coleford is only 8 minutes away. The Wye Valley and historic Monmouth’s excellent range of leisure facilities are within a half hour’s drive as are Gloucester’s celebrated docks, outlet shopping and magnificent cathedral. Shop and pub 1 mile.£66From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Forthampton, EnglandSituated in the peaceful, rural location of Forthampton, in the grounds of the owners’ home, The Stables at Southfield House offers guests ideal detached holiday accommodation from which to explore the many delights of the surrounding areas. Guests will find themselves at the heart of the countryside within reach of many miles of established footpaths, cycle paths, bridleways and treks taking walkers on a journey through three counties, taking in much of the beautiful scenery and countryside whilst passing a few welcome country pubs and restaurants. Regency Cheltenham, with its celebrated gold cup racecourse and world famous jazz and literary festivals, can be reached in 10 miles. The famous Malvern Hills and Cotswold Hills are also within easy distance and really are a must see destination. Also superbly located for visiting the historic cathedral cities of Hereford, Worcester and Gloucester there is plenty to keep whole families occupied and interested for each day of the holiday. Only 6 miles away from the delightful market town of Tewkesbury, or take a trip along the River Severn or Avon. Ledbury, Ross-on-Wye, Winchcombe and Malvern are all within easy driving distance as is Shakespeare’s Stratford-upon-Avon. Shop 6 miles, pub and restaurant 1 mile.£240From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Lydney, EnglandLodge Barn offers you the perfect place for your stay, where you can feel relaxed and at home. The property is a large, airy and extremely attractive space. Great for families, large groups or couples, this gorgeous barn conversion offers nine bedrooms, six of which contain en-suite facilities, perfect for privacy during your stay. On the ground floor there is a large open plan country kitchen and dining room, fitted with a classic Aga so you can cook for the whole family. There is a spacious living area, perfect for relaxing in front of the wood burner at the end of a long day. Patio doors from the living area lead out to a large, enclosed garden with a hot tub, patio, garden furniture and barbecue for those summer nights. There is a second living room equipped with a snooker table. An exterior building sits close to the property containing a pool table and entertainment, perfect for the kids.
Situated in the village of Aylburton just 2 miles from Lydney, the property is conveniently located to access necessary amenities. You will find a supermarket just 1½ miles away. Restaurants, pubs and a railway line are all located just 1 mile away in Lydney. Also nearby is Lydney Golf Course. The property is perfect for keen outdoor enthusiasts with walking, cycling, canoeing, golf and fishing all available in the surrounding area. Puzzlewood, Taurus Crafts and Clearwell Caves are all within 5 miles, and Symonds Yat and Monmouth are also close by. Cheltenham, Bath, Bristol, Cardiff and Gloucester are all within easy driving distance. Shop and restaurant 1½ miles, pub 1 mile.£541From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Cirencester, EnglandA beautiful barn is awaiting you which is full of character and charm, nestled on a 450-acre private nature reserve. With oak beams, pillars and flooring throughout the property, this luxurious barn conversion, with an open plan living space running the whole length of the property, is the ideal holiday home for all the family. The three sets of sliding doors opens up the property to the outside enclosed deck overlooking a small reeded stream and pond where you can often see a swan family who have based themselves on this stretch of the river. It is perfect for outdoor cooking, relaxing or simply enjoying watching the world go by with a glass of wine. Inside the property on a chillier evening, cosy up in front of gas wood burner or why not go up to the mezzanine level where you can enjoy playing on the table football or Xbox on the large TV which also has Netflix. Coot Lodge is furnished and equipped to a high standard throughout, with luxurious leather sofas, fluffy cushions and beautifully designed Italian table and chairs. All three bedrooms are on the ground floor, with the main bedroom boasting an en-suite and all have luxury Egyptian cotton bed linen.
Located on the Lower Mill Estate in Somerford Keynes, you have miles of scenic walks from the front door and an abundance of local sporting, sightseeing and relaxing activities. You have free, unlimited access to the award-winning spa a mere 50 yards stroll away, with slate-lined, naturally filtered heated indoor and outdoor swimming pools. You can swim among the water lilies in the eco plunge-pool, and relax in the sauna, steam room. There is a well-equipped techno-gym and adult-only relaxation room. A wide range of spa treatments are also available (payable locally). The gated and managed estate comprises of woodland and meadows crossed by three rivers and is surrounded by serene lakes. On the estate there is a tennis court, nature trails and cycle tracks, a playground, equipment hire and licensed restaurant with farm shop. Pub ½ mile, shop and restaurant on-site.£148From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Lydney, EnglandThis lovingly furnished holiday home offers spacious and comfortable accommodation for a large family or group, enjoying a great location with much to see and do nearby. A luxurious welcome pack awaits you at your property, filled with local goodies to enjoy upon arrival. Private dining can be arranged directly at your cottage, please speak to the host to arrange this.
Set in Awre in Gloucestershire, you are just 9 miles from The Forest of Dean which offers plenty for the adventurous including mountain biking, zip wires, Go Ape, kayaking and horse riding etc. There is an abundance of cycle tracks and valley walks where you may even encounter the native wild boar. Alternatively, just relax and enjoy the peace and tranquillity of these rural retreats.
Rose Cottage (UK31654) is a charming detached property retaining some fantastic original features and characterful beams. The living room features a large Smart TV and a DVD player, making it the ideal space to entertain or kick back with a movie. The well equipped kitchen leads through to an oak framed conservatory overlooking the large enclosed lawned area and private hot tub, while the spacious dining room is the ideal spot for enjoying family meals together while catching up on the day’s events. Also on the ground floor is a family shower room and a handy utility room. On the first floor are 4 comfortable bedrooms comprising a super kingsize bedroom with double aspect and beams, a super kingsize bedroom with triple aspect overlooking the countryside, a double room and a twin room. There is also a family bathroom on this floor. To the rear of the property is a large enclosed garden, ideal for letting the children and pets run around, as well as a patio area with rattan furniture and private hot tub. There is also a separate games room in the garden, and plenty of parking to the side of the property on the private gated drive. Shop 2¼ miles, pub and restaurant 2½ miles.
Rose Cottage can be booked together with The Downs (ref UK31655) to accommodate up to 20 guests.£205From price per night based on 7 night stay